Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,437 members, 7,801,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th (23010 Views)

Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? / Subsidy Protest Was Staged - Jonathan / Another Fuel Subsidy Protest In Ibadan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by mukina2: 11:44am On Jan 04, 2012
The London Metropolitan Police hours ago granted permit to Nigerian Students In Diaspora and Nigerians In Diaspora under whose umbrella the Friday rally will hold in London

Date: Friday 6th, January 2012
Venue: Cross Station London (As soon as we confirm the post code we will update this post)
Time: 12:30
Please inform every Nigerian you know and friends of Nigeria to come out in their numbers to voice their angst against this insensitive and irresponsible Nigerian government

Inquiry: +447438348346

We will not tire, we will falter, we will not fail

http://omojuwa.com/?p=2177

Update: London Rally: Venue: Charing Cross Underground Station (Post code: WC2N 5BX). Friday. 12:30.
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by r231(m): 11:48am On Jan 04, 2012
where the heck is cross station undecided undecided
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by JPWireles: 11:56am On Jan 04, 2012
Thanks 4 Joining the Aluta!
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by tjadeba(m): 11:57am On Jan 04, 2012
^^^^ Maybe Charing Cross station or London King Cross. Never heard of any Cross station before
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 04, 2012
What da fcvk? You guyz should take the next available flight and come down to protest, then naija go take una serious.
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by 9jaIhail(m): 12:00pm On Jan 04, 2012
inform me when they use that as a strategy to grab those of you who their papers is over due. i will get you tanzania visa for free when you finally land in naija.
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by Starbaby1: 12:02pm On Jan 04, 2012
r231:

where the heck is cross station undecided undecided

lol. i think he meant kings cross, though westminister would have been a better choice, who are we intending to reach in kings cross? And this period may be inconvenient for students as the January exams start next week in most unis.
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by doe: 12:03pm On Jan 04, 2012
Una no well. U want make I take Friday off go protest wetin no affect me!
Una never ready at all.
Btw na which one be cross station??
New cross or new cross gate, lol
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by Honeycity(f): 12:05pm On Jan 04, 2012
i believe those without papers wont be foolish enough to partake in the proposed protest
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by sandysprax(m): 12:05pm On Jan 04, 2012
Keep us posted.i shall be there in as much as i have an exam coming up.
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by DrKnow1(m): 12:06pm On Jan 04, 2012
The protest is growing

http://asewele-television..com/
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 04, 2012
thanks guys for joining us in the protests
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by mukina2: 12:10pm On Jan 04, 2012
Update: London Rally: Venue: Charing Cross Underground Station (Post code: WC2N 5BX). Friday. 12:30. #occupyNigeria. Pls RT
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by ideylaff: 12:24pm On Jan 04, 2012
Posted by: yorke , What da fcvk? You guyz should take the next available flight and come down to protest, then naija go take una serious

@ Yorke u seem not to know the power external influence has over a country like Nigeria. so u think all ds changes will be effected without a few allies in support of it,  hmmmmm
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by Starbaby1: 12:26pm On Jan 04, 2012
o i see, Charing cross, so  i'm guessin y'all are going to Nigerian house right? Wish u Goodluck! I'll spread the word, but I wont be der cos i'm not 100% against it. The only thing i'm against is the removal without any increase in minimum wage, as the removal alone, it would clearly benefit us in the long run, it's just a shame peeps hav 2 suffer it initially.
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by Arosa(m): 12:30pm On Jan 04, 2012
yorke:

What da fcvk? You guyz should take the next available flight and come down to protest, then naija go take una serious.
Mumu, when we dey protest for injustice and racism here, una dey join us protest? de there no go protest, sha na me go suffar fuel wahala for naija.  angry tongue  angry
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by tboy1(m): 12:34pm On Jan 04, 2012
Starbaby1:

o i see, Charing cross, so  i'm guessin y'all are going to Nigerian house right? Wish u Goodluck! I'll spread the word, but I wont be der cos i'm not 100% against it. The only thing i'm against is the removal without any increase in minimum wage, as the removal alone, it would clearly benefit us in the long run, it's just a shame peeps hav 2 suffer it initially.

No it will not. You won't see any benefit unless you are a top govt official
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by claremont(m): 12:42pm On Jan 04, 2012
Fuel subsidy is the only thing the Nigerian masses are benefiting from in a country supposedly among the world's top 10 crude oil exporters. Our universities are under-funded, the roads are bad, the crime rate has escalated, unemployment has reached ridiculous proportions; and now the only thing left for the common man is being taking away by the Badluck Jonathan administration. angry

Say No to fuel subsidy removal! Say No to Badluck Jonathan! #OccupyNigeria!

Badluck Must Go!

Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jan 04, 2012
claremont:

Fuel subsidy is the only thing the Nigerian masses are benefiting from in a country supposedly among the world's top 10 crude oil exporters. Our universities are under-funded, the roads are bad, the crime rate has escalated, unemployment has reached ridiculous proportions; and now the only thing left for the common man is being taking away by the Badluck Jonathan administration. angry

Say No to fuel subsidy removal! Say No to Badluck Jonathan! #OccupyNigeria!

Badluck Must Go!

Why will all nigeria be crying for benefits of oil that comes from other states.
Can't you guys develop individual state resources and benefit from them? This
is laziness in the out part
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by europe76(m): 12:47pm On Jan 04, 2012
@ Arosa, just look at nigerian concept, If u no sufferam ur mama, papa, sister, brother, cousin, nephew, relations etc, go sufferam, yeye boy!
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by omo9ja1(m): 12:50pm On Jan 04, 2012
Good move

shame I will not be there but I fully support it all the way

you you people talking about our state oil, what have you/your state benefited from the oil?
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by aljharem3: 12:58pm On Jan 04, 2012
London Rally: Venue: Charing Cross Underground Station (Post code: WC2N 5BX). Friday. 12:30.

The London Metropolitan Police

[img]http://3.bp..com/-jFPi185uSWo/TwQ4YADF_wI/AAAAAAAAOuY/XIj0Z0lMThU/s400/britain-student-protest-2010-11-30-10-20-12.jpg[/img]
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by Arosa(m): 1:08pm On Jan 04, 2012
europe76:

@ Arosa, just look at nigerian concept, If u no sufferam your mama, papa, sister, brother, cousin, nephew, relations etc, go sufferam, yeye boy!

You dey mad! you think say my family poor for naija. yeye! angry
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by y2kaustin(m): 1:11pm On Jan 04, 2012
if your papers no complete you better no come out from your hiding ohhh, ehhhh
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by shesi(m): 1:11pm On Jan 04, 2012
The london Met police probabaly approved this rally to use it as a training ground for some of their less experienced recruits.

should these protesters try any funny antics, they will be beaten senseless. mark my words, and nobody would even blink. a bunch of illegals 'disturbing the public peace'

i'm sure immigration would also be on the ground to get a headstart on their 2012 deportation numbers
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by Starbaby1: 1:12pm On Jan 04, 2012
tboy1:

No it will not. You won't see any benefit unless you are a top govt official

Read the official document, listen to the debate. The reason for the removal to encourage investment into Nigerian refineries, save money to go towards education and health, in addition to improving roads and establishing a good working rail system. The only fear is that they might not fulfil their promise, money saved may simply be embezzled. But if they can achieve their promises, den the as a whole would be better of. Think about it, spending 1.8trillion on subsidy in 2011 alone, is that really a way forward? Besides, the money was gonna run out eventually, which would put the masses in a worser state than they are now with the increase. Emotions aside, one has to be logical.
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by Starbaby1: 1:18pm On Jan 04, 2012
y2kaustin:

if your papers no complete you better no come out from your hiding ohhh, ehhhh

That's ridiculous! What are they gonna do, start asking the protesters to provide their passports? dey chop craze?! Everyone has freedom of expression as part of their Human rights (article 10), if this is infringed then the person can sue and go from illegal to indefinite residence! I'll help them file the suit myself!

Stop scaring people abeg!
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by OmoTier1(m): 1:28pm On Jan 04, 2012
Let me clear up so misconception being peddled by som ignorant folks here.
1. British police are not Police in Holland, they are not empowered to search anyone for papers in the public unless you are arrested for an offence, in which case, officers from the UKBA/HO will be called in.- Beside if you are an illegal immigrant in Britain, then you are part of the reasons why the protest is holding.

2. Never in the history of the Met Police, have record of protesters being arrested for immigration papers.

3. Shesi, Met Police are not Nigeria Police, they do not 'beat' and have top notch policing skills and are properly trained to monitor protest by various groups. FYI, this is not the first time Nigerians will be protesting in London. We have done it before, we have a very good record with the Lonon Met, hence the reason we have been granted this permit without much struggle.

To all, if you are free, or you can book time off work or those of you that your resumption date at work is next week, why not come out and support our fellow Nigerians back home, join the protest in London. It will be peaceful as usual and you will find other Nationalities supporting on that day. There many people out here that love Nigeria so much and care about what goes on there.
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by tboy1(m): 1:28pm On Jan 04, 2012
Starbaby1:

Read the official document, listen to the debate. The reason for the removal to encourage investment into Nigerian refineries, save money to go towards education and health, in addition to improving roads and establishing a good working rail system. The only fear is that they might not fulfil their promise, money saved may simply be embezzled. But if they can achieve their promises, den the as a whole would be better of. Think about it, spending 1.8trillion on subsidy in 2011 alone, is that really a way forward? Besides, the money was gonna run out eventually, which would put the masses in a worser state than they are now with the increase. Emotions aside, one has to be logical.

That is the only thing the masses were enjoying from nigeria, nothing else.
I was lucky to watch all debates because i was in nigeria when most of the debates was going on. No money will be spent on education,health, roads & transportation. They want to generate more money for the nation so they can have access to loot more(using their dodgy budget) The government never keep their promise.

BTW: I know they did not spend 1.8trillion on subsidy. On paper yes, but the actual amount spent is not close to that
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by lalaboi(m): 1:35pm On Jan 04, 2012
The rally is to show support for those in the struggle back home! It is not in any away a guarantee that it will change things. I will be there supporting my brothers and sisters who have been affected by the senseless decisions our greedy leaders take. If you are a nigerian abroad and you think it wont affect you, then think again. You dont know where you will land in the future.

If you wanna come, then come. If not keep your opinion to yourself and dont discourage people who are fighting for something they believe in. shikena! I have nt given up on my country.
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by Starbaby1: 1:37pm On Jan 04, 2012
y'all need to watch this or bits of it, hav an understanding so you know why you are protesting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLd8o8z-2CU&feature=related

@Omo_ter1; thank you for that. some pple are just ignorant!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Celebration Of Abia Supreme Court Verdict In Abia Governor's Lodge Abuja (pics) / What Does Public Utility Levy Mean? Mixed Reactions Trail New LASG Levy / 'I Won’t Change If Reelected' - Buhari Assures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.