Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,326 members, 7,780,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:01 PM

Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th (22996 Views)

Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? / Subsidy Protest Was Staged - Jonathan / Another Fuel Subsidy Protest In Ibadan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by 989900: 2:10pm On Jan 04, 2012
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by sandysprax(m): 2:16pm On Jan 04, 2012
lalaboi:

The rally is to show support for those in the struggle back home! It is not in any away a guarantee that it will change things. I will be there supporting my brothers and sisters who have been affected by the senseless decisions our greedy leaders take. If you are a nigerian abroad and you think it wont affect you, then think again. You dont know where you will land in the future.

If you wanna come, then come. If not keep your opinion to yourself and dont discourage people who are fighting for something they believe in. shikena! I have nt given up on my country.

Are u minding the ignorant fools playing second fiddle in this country? All of u talking trash here against the proposed protests, u are slaves here in london if u dont know.U think the oyibo man is happy that u are here.Better see "My tram Experience" on youtube and start thinking of going back to your own country.I want things to be better in my country so i can go back and establish myself there.Like i said before, I shall be there against all odds.
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by rrhostomy(m): 2:37pm On Jan 04, 2012
why won't oyinbo allow you protest? Definitely cuz you're doing this for there cost. Abi you no know say na dem subsidy pay pass? Ask for another thing and see mayb dey won't dport allofuna. Lets go and #occupyasorock. @rhostomy
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by wowo2: 2:38pm On Jan 04, 2012
ehen? how do you do it? you will go undeground and riot, is the space bigger than a well?
a well can not even fit 20 people. anyway sha, hope they dont lock you inside when you riot
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by tboy1(m): 2:40pm On Jan 04, 2012
wowo2:

ehen? how do you do it? you will go undeground and riot, is the space bigger than a well?
a well can not even fit 20 people. anyway sha, hope they dont lock you inside when you riot
rrhostomy:

why won't oyinbo allow you protest? Definitely cuz you're doing this for there cost. Abi you no know say na dem subsidy pay pass? Ask for another thing and see mayb dey won't dport allofuna. Lets go and #occupyasorock. @rhostomy

SMDH cry
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by yuboy: 2:41pm On Jan 04, 2012
Best of luck as u parade round d entire city of d so colled britian, y on earth will u tink removin fuel subsidy is a way forward, give it a tought, we own d oil well naw,
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by lalaboi(m): 2:44pm On Jan 04, 2012
yuboy:

Best of luck as u parade round d entire city of d so colled britian, y on earth will u tink removin fuel subsidy is a way forward, give it a tought, we own d oil well naw,

we own it but we dont refine i which is why we have to pay more and subsidise. .

3 refineries and you cant even raise 1trillion to fix them?. Sure there are other ways to save for repair. They are just too stingy and greedy to let it happen.
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by queensmith: 2:58pm On Jan 04, 2012
ill be there- lookout for a nabber readin GEJ STOP EATING EXPENSIVE STOCKFISH!
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by sandysprax(m): 3:18pm On Jan 04, 2012
queensmith:

ill be there- lookout for a nabber readin GEJ STOP EATING EXPENSIVE STOCKFISH!

ROTLMAO.Leave the guy now, from his budget this year, he is expected to be spending N30million daily on presidential food.And they are taking away the little the masses are eating.They see public officers in naija as people wey don "HAMMER".Mtcheeewwwww.If he cuts down all these his excessive spending, wouldnt it be better? He should take a cue from the british prime minister who uses a single car at a time.Is Badluck Jonathan more important than him?God will ansa our prayers this time around
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by queensmith: 3:20pm On Jan 04, 2012
^^ seriously? or is that just a joke?

i doubt even the queen spends that on maintaining buckingham friggin palace!

if thats the case we should be protesting the presidents extravagant lifestyle!
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 04, 2012
Dont mind those london people, make dem come protest for Nigerian sun,
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by sandysprax(m): 3:28pm On Jan 04, 2012
queensmith:

^^ seriously? or is that just a joke?

i doubt even the queen spends that on maintaining buckingham friggin palace!

if thats the case we should be protesting the presidents extravagant lifestyle!

That is an estimated value, but its within the range of N27million - N30Million.Even the royal families in kuwait, Dubai and Qatar don't spend like that.
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by BABE3: 3:44pm On Jan 04, 2012
Lawd' a mercy. This must be a bad joke. Na Cameron remove subsidy? Is this the height of idleness? Height of foolishness?

How dumb would this look? : Americans in Nigeria protesting on the streets of Lagos over the Removal of oil subsidy in USA. 

Nawa.
embarassed
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by bombay: 3:49pm On Jan 04, 2012
Dump and daft nija mentality we want everything for free why not let the government subsidize the way u shag ur wife, oni le people it is here to stay now i am going to build my refinery in nija sharp sharp.
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by coogar: 3:50pm On Jan 04, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

Let me clear up so misconception being peddled by som ignorant folks here.
1. British police are not Police in Holland, they are not empowered to search anyone for papers in the public unless you are arrested for an offence, in which case, officers from the UKBA/HO will be called in.- Beside if you are an illegal immigrant in Britain, then you are part of the reasons why the protest is holding.

2. Never in the history of the Met Police, have record of protesters being arrested for immigration papers.

3. Shesi, Met Police are not Nigeria Police, they do not 'beat' and have top notch policing skills and are properly trained to monitor protest by various groups. FYI, this is not the first time Nigerians will be protesting in London. We have done it before, we have a very good record with the Lonon Met, hence the reason we have been granted this permit without much struggle.

To all, if you are free, or you can book time off work or those of you that your resumption date at work is next week, why not come out and support our fellow Nigerians back home, join the protest in London. It will be peaceful as usual and you will find other Nationalities supporting on that day. There many people out here that love Nigeria so much and care about what goes on there.

but i still don't see how this makes sense.
david cameron did not remove the subsidy for feck sake - i really don't see how i can be motivated to take time off work to protest the subsidy removal rubbish!
i am sure ukba are grinning sheepishly with this development. it would be a perfect fishing pond to smoke out the "removables". grin
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 3:51pm On Jan 04, 2012
@ Babe, Sanity has graced the thread,  I didn't want to say anything becos from the post i am seeing in the front page and politics section, it is clear people have lost their mind.

Let them protest in the UK, so the British can complain of too many foreigners in their country with cases as such protest to point as example.

These Nigerians are really daft. sad
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by BABE3: 3:58pm On Jan 04, 2012
coogar:

i really don't see how i can be motivated to take time off work to protest the subsidy removal rubbish!

Oga, it's because you have a JOB; an important job.

Bliss4Lyfe:

@ Babe, Sanity has graced the thread,  I didn't want to say anything becos from the post i am seeing in the front page and politics section, it is clear people have lost their mind.
Let them protest in the UK, so the British can complain of too many foreigners in their country with cases as such protest to point as example.
These Nigerians are really daft. sad

The removal of oil subsidy is affecting most people's thinking ability; folks are finding it difficult to think straight.
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by bombay: 4:02pm On Jan 04, 2012
Opportunity to deport alot of you guys that will go there lol if you no get pally no near there me personally will point you out.
Illegal no near there i don warn u no be joke o  grin
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 4:03pm On Jan 04, 2012
BABE!:

The removal of oil subsidy is affecting most people's thinking ability; folks are finding it difficult to think straight.

Well for how long did they expect to carry on with the falsehood they were living? Surely, the subsidies could not have gone on forever and was only a matter of time before the system was dismantled?

This is the type of weird post on the front page am talking about. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-838685.0.html Are dey laughing at us?
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by BABE3: 4:21pm On Jan 04, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe:

Well for how long did they expect to carry on with the falsehood they were living? Surely, the subsidies could not have gone on forever and was only a matter of time before the system was dismantled?

This is the type of weird post on the front page am talking about. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-838685.0.html Are dey laughing at us?

The removal of subsidy is not even the issue on this thread. The issue is how some people think it's "normal" to protest against the removal from another continent; over the ocean; thousands of miles away.

I don't know what plans the government (SURE) have for the 'subsidy money'. What I know is, all we need is TIME (50-60 yrs). grin TIME to see how well this removal would work out.
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by coogar: 4:23pm On Jan 04, 2012
BABE!:

Oga, it's because you have a JOB; an important job.

i love my job. wink

bombay:

Opportunity to deport alot of you guys that will go there lol if you no get pally no near there me personally will point you out.
Illegal no near there i don warn u no be joke o  grin

spoken like a true illegal immigrant!
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by Pharoh: 4:26pm On Jan 04, 2012
There are better things to protest from abroad but surely not this one because i do not see what they aim to achieve with this protest. Just like those three gay people went out to protest in the UK or where self and today no one is even talking about the homosexual issue because the law is here to stay. Come back home and protest or at best contest for elective position so you can fix your country.
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by Obaino34(m): 4:27pm On Jan 04, 2012
hahahahaha! Abi oh
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jan 04, 2012
guys dont listen to the people demoralising u*they are paid to distablse pls go ahead with the protest.we made a mistake listenig to them and we found ourself in this mess.
Go ahead wth d protest pls
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by sandysprax(m): 4:47pm On Jan 04, 2012
BABE!:

The removal of subsidy is not even the issue on this thread. The issue is how some people think it's "normal" to protest against the removal from another continent; over the ocean; thousands of miles away.

I don't know what plans the government (SURE) have for the 'subsidy money'. What I know is, all we need is TIME (50-60 yrs).  grin TIME to see how well this removal would work out.

This is the age of Information Technology Doh!, there is no difference protesting at home or from another continent cos the media houses are going to air it and its going to circulate on the internet.I am going to be there live!
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by coogar: 4:52pm On Jan 04, 2012
sandysprax:

This is the age of Information Technology Doh!, there is no difference protesting at home or from another continent cos the media houses are going to air it and its going to circulate on the internet.I am going to be there live!

this is where the mentality is different.
do you think americans in nigeria would protest on the streets over a policy they are not happy about?
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by OmoTier1(m): 5:20pm On Jan 04, 2012
Somehow, it is weird that  folks can't understand how protesting in an economic power block can have an effect back home  in this day and age!

I guess they do not live in London and if they do, they would have seen several protest in and around T-square, Westminister, etc by nationals of different countries.

I have posted already, if you are an illegal immigrant from Nigeria, do not bother to come protesting 'cos u'r part of the bad egg the protest will be targetting.

Let me tell you, the effort of Libyaians in the UK helped during their self cleansing of Gaddafi.

This protest is a solidarity match with our brothers and sisters backhome. FYI,most of us are regular visitors to Nigeria and our family, business, friends and colleagues are resident there and this obnoxious policy of the despotic President affect us here as it does affect them back home.
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by queensmith: 5:44pm On Jan 04, 2012
my friend is a lecture and shes protesting

some others work nearby and might join

i work far away but ill leave early to be there

you might not agree with the cause or beleive in protesting but that doesnt make u in anyway superior? It just means u dont deserve to reap the freedom protestors have fought to bring to you.
You will be surprised at the number of sacrifices people have made only for you to come and run your mouth like a slowpoke! hmph!
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by kizito96(m): 6:17pm On Jan 04, 2012
Be very careful you protesters because most of you do not have papers, more have criminal records and if arrested will be deported. Those in Glass houses do not throw stones.
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by coogar: 6:18pm On Jan 04, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

Somehow, it is weird that  folks can't understand how protesting in an economic power block can have an effect back home  in this day and age!

I guess they do not live in London and if they do, they would have seen several protest in and around T-square, Westminister, etc by nationals of different countries.

I have posted already, if you are an illegal immigrant from Nigeria, do not bother to come protesting 'cos u'r part of the bad egg the protest will be targetting.

Let me tell you, the effort of Libyaians in the UK helped during their self cleansing of Gaddafi.

This protest is a solidarity match with our brothers and sisters backhome. FYI,most of us are regular visitors to Nigeria and our family, business, friends and colleagues are resident there and this obnoxious policy of the despotic President affect us here as it does affect them back home.

how did the protest to give amnesty to illegal migrants in the uk fare even with the backing of boris johnson?
it's a waste of time and resources. united kingdom would support the removal of the subsidy like it's done in most countries.
what nigeria should be protesting is the increment of the minimum wage not subsidy removal.

i wish y'all good luck. i would stay glued to bbc to see if i can spot nairalanders holding placards @ the big ben.
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by tboy1(m): 6:30pm On Jan 04, 2012
No need to demoralize willing protesters. If you have nothing positive to contribute to this thread then please make your way to other threads
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by sandysprax(m): 6:41pm On Jan 04, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

Just this new year on my way back from the london eye where the fire works display was held, i saw a supposedly palestinian man holding a banner which read "FREE PALESTINE". Each  time i go to trafalgar square, i see nationals of one country or the other holding a rally for the country and unpatriotic and cowardly youths are here dissuading those ready to make a difference for their country.I believe against all contrary beliefs that the protest will serve as solidarity for our country men protesting back home.The Nigerian govt will also know that we are aware of what is happening back home and are not happy, therefore if they want us to come home to settle as they have been advocating, they will heed to our demands.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Happened At Enugu Should Serve As A Warning – IPOB / Saraki’s Impeachment: PDP Senators Keep Vigil At NASS / Stella Oduah Dumps APGA, Returns To PDP 3 Months After Dumping PDP For APGA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.