Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

Is Nairaland Worth 10 Million Naira? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is Nairaland Worth 10 Million Naira? (1020 Views)

Is Time Spent On Nairaland Worth It? / How Much Is Nairaland Worth? / How Much Is Nairaland Worth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nairaland Worth 10 Million Naira? by scopusng(m): 9:28am On Jan 05, 2012
Is it true that Nairaland is worth 10 million naira? Na lie, I no biliv.

Abeg, Seun tell us.
Re: Is Nairaland Worth 10 Million Naira? by Lasinoh: 9:56am On Jan 05, 2012
Only?
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

[size=20pt]H-O-L-Y  P-C-O-S ANUS OF ABIA STATE!!![/size]

The tin nor go buy one small land for my village o. . .not to mention Lekki or Maitama district. cheesy
Anyway, na oo Facebook take start. cheesy
God is everywhere! cool

Next 'subsidy-less' thread abeg!
So sick of 'em! angry
Re: Is Nairaland Worth 10 Million Naira? by scopusng(m): 10:06am On Jan 05, 2012
A friend told me that Seun had one time rejected to sell nairaland for 10 Million
Re: Is Nairaland Worth 10 Million Naira? by Beaf: 10:13am On Jan 05, 2012
scopusng:

A friend told me that Seun had one time rejected to sell nairaland for 10 Million

2-4 hundred mil would be a fairer price for a site like this.
Re: Is Nairaland Worth 10 Million Naira? by sheyguy: 1:02pm On Jan 05, 2012
I belive NL is worth much more than 10 mil.
Re: Is Nairaland Worth 10 Million Naira? by freepeople: 3:44pm On Jan 05, 2012
10 million Naira?! shocked

Holy sh[i]i[/i]t!

What a gross underestimation! grin

It should be in the region of $5m

Seun knows that
Re: Is Nairaland Worth 10 Million Naira? by phantom(m): 3:51pm On Jan 05, 2012
nope no way, this site should be worth about 200 milla at least cos theres no way it ll make less than 6m/month, dude is smart.he probably wants to wait it out until he can sell it for about a billion maybe in about ten years,
Re: Is Nairaland Worth 10 Million Naira? by manny4life(m): 4:22pm On Jan 05, 2012
N200 - 400 million?

LOL, really? Is that how you guy do your own valuation? Have you taken a look to see any innovation on this site other than the traffic? Ask yourself, NL claims to have 830,000+ members, but when you have people having up to 50 ID's for polls, etc, ask yourself what is the true figure of NL members? Probably 1/10th of the estimated amount. If NL is gonna worth much, Seun NEEDS innovations, good marking techniques, rid this forum from Tribalism etc and the list is endless,  Though he doesn't have any strong competition NOW, but don't be surprised.
Re: Is Nairaland Worth 10 Million Naira? by phantom(m): 4:38pm On Jan 05, 2012
manny4life:

N200 - 400 million?

LOL, really? Is that how you guy do your own valuation? Have you taken a look to see any innovation on this site other than the traffic? Ask yourself, NL claims to have 830,000+ members, but when you have people having up to 50 ID's for polls, etc, ask yourself what is the true figure of NL members? Probably 1/10th of the estimated amount. If NL is gonna worth much, Seun NEEDS innovations, good marking techniques, rid this forum from Tribalism etc and the list is endless,  Though he doesn't have any strong competition NOW, but don't be surprised.
from google adsense alone i am NOT sure this site makes less than $1500/day,not to talk of other monetization methods, YES he has to rid the forum of all those you mentioned above to increase its value but remember also that his income comes from not only some members but VISITORS who visit this site everyday.Many of those visitors do not contribute and end up leaving this site THROUGH one AD or the other,
Re: Is Nairaland Worth 10 Million Naira? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jan 05, 2012
How much is 10m that a forum as big and popular as Nairaland will be sold at that price?
Seun has repeatedly said his price for NL is N25b. 
Not sure about that amount, but defintely Nairaland is not worth less than 200m.

Topic moved to General/Nairaland section.
Re: Is Nairaland Worth 10 Million Naira? by manny4life(m): 5:43pm On Jan 05, 2012
phantom:

from google adsense alone i am NOT sure this site makes less than $1500/day,not to talk of other monetization methods, YES he has to rid the forum of all those you mentioned above to increase its value but remember also that his income comes from not only some members but VISITORS who visit this site everyday.Many of those visitors do not contribute and end up leaving this site THROUGH one AD or the other,

I don't anyone looking at me as a hater, but I'm saying from observation. There's a big misconception that people often have; Jarus you're an accountant, while revenue is important for ration analysis, but do rely on revenue in valuation? It can be making $1,500 no argument, I'm not doubting it but it sure has overhead, don't it? Visitor add to traffic to the site, until they click on ads, isn't that how ad sense makes money? Anyway, my opinion is NL makes money and worth money, but definitely NOT worth $1.5million. There is NO modern innovation or outstanding gadget or hype that NL offers that equates to VALUE other than traffic, the moment you sanitize this site STRICTLY, you will LOOSE considerably amount of traffic, that is fact.
Re: Is Nairaland Worth 10 Million Naira? by oluwadare26(m): 11:09pm On Feb 27, 2013
Wetin be ur problem? A proverb in yoruba goes thus "won ki ba olowo shiro owo e"..meaning "u dont calculate any man money for him"

(1) (Reply)

Evidence Of Man And Dinosaur Interaction. / OA4MJ Ure Not Only Ignorant, But Also Biased / NPF Vs SSS ---

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.