Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou (220644 Views)

Relocating To Cotonou / Pls I Need Guide On How To Get To Cotonou And Also Where To Get Things Cheap / Cotonou, Benin Republic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 12:28pm On Apr 01, 2013
saintafeez: @ zhukafa, I need ur advice on making a trip 2 Cotonou,i need guide on their accommodation,institute/centre to study french

Read from the beginning of this thread, you will understand hw to travel to cotonue. Where ever you don't understand, then ask it here, I will answer you.

Thanks
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by saintafeez: 10:21pm On Apr 01, 2013
That link didn't meet my criteria.More suggestion would b appreciated.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 10:11am On Apr 02, 2013
saintafeez: That link didn't meet my criteria.More suggestion would b appreciated.

What exactly do you want to know, so that I can go straight to the point.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by kuzcobi: 9:57pm On Apr 06, 2013
Hiya, people! I'm new on this site. I really find helpful all that's been stated above, save the hidden posts . I joined cuz I really need to know what I'm doing here. I plan to travel to Benin as it is the closest place to Nigeria where paypal accounts are allowed to be open. I would rather manage my money myself, thank you. I might be needing to open a bank account over there and I couldn't speak French if it would save my life. So, pls, save a sister and let me know what to do and where to go. Thanks.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 5:18am On Apr 07, 2013
kuzcobi: Hiya, people! I'm new on this site. I really find helpful all that's been stated above, save the hidden posts . I joined cuz I really need to know what I'm doing here. I plan to travel to Benin as it is the closest place to Nigeria where paypal accounts are allowed to be open. I would rather manage my money myself, thank you. I might be needing to open a bank account over there and I couldn't speak French if it would save my life. So, pls, save a sister and let me know what to do and where to go. Thanks.

Welcome to Nairaland. For the hidden posts, I wasn't the one that did it. It's the moderator "just wise". For the PayPal account opening, you need to travel down to Benin to make the enquiry at the bank .

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Kingoneh(m): 2:36pm On Apr 16, 2013
I wish to trave down to that place,to make inquiry on goods that are good for sales here..hope i would not be having problems with their police,while i'm there, as i have heard rumors saying that one could be arrested there if you appear new and strange...is this true

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by emilyone(f): 5:36pm On Apr 16, 2013
Kingoneh: I wish to trave down to that place,to make inquiry on goods that are good for sales here..hope i would not be having problems with their police,while i'm there, as i have heard rumors saying that one could be arrested there if you appear new and strange...is this true
now this got me laughing grin

4 Likes

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 11:40pm On Apr 16, 2013
Kingoneh: I wish to trave down to that place,to make inquiry on goods that are good for sales here..hope i would not be having problems with their police,while i'm there, as i have heard rumors saying that one could be arrested there if you appear new and strange...is this true

No body is arresting you.

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Kingoneh(m): 11:31am On Apr 17, 2013
Pls...do you have any idea of how much it could cost to be buying uk used cloths in cotonu and what it could cost to bring it down hear....
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 8:07pm On Apr 17, 2013
Kingoneh: Pls...do you have any idea of how much it could cost to be buying uk used cloths in cotonu and what it could cost to bring it down hear....

I have idea mostly on shoes. You can move down to cotonue and do enquiries on it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by annabus: 10:51pm On Jun 07, 2013
Please, I will like to drive down to Cotonou, any idea on how to drive across the border and where to get a very decent hotel at a very affordable price.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 7:41am On Jun 08, 2013
annabus: Please, I will like to drive down to Cotonou, any idea on how to drive across the border and where to get a very decent hotel at a very affordable price.

To drive pass the border, you will need Lesse Passei. For the hotels, there are so many decent hotels, but I use hotel camilio palace sekandji.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by annabus: 3:44am On Jun 09, 2013
Thanks for the feedback but where can I get the Lesse Passei from, any idea?
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 6:06am On Jun 09, 2013
annabus: Thanks for the feedback but where can I get the Lesse Passei from, any idea?

Anyway, you will be needing someone to assist you get it, but it's gotten at the border. The Lesse Passei is renewable . Thanks.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Nobody: 8:31am On Jun 09, 2013
@Zhukafa. Please are you in cotonou?

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 4:42pm On Jun 09, 2013
sisifunmi: @Zhukafa. Please are you in cotonou?

I travel there regularly .
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 10, 2013
@zhukafa...please lyk au much can one get dos shoes 4rm cotonou...nd can u suggest a gud market for clothes nd shoes??
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 5:47pm On Jun 10, 2013
omoteamac: @zhukafa...please lyk au much can one get dos shoes 4rm cotonou...nd can u suggest a gud market for clothes nd shoes??

When you mean shoes, which of them (male or female or children). For the market, do you mean the name of the market?

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jun 10, 2013
zhukafa:

When you mean shoes, which of them (male or female or children). For the market, do you mean the name of the market?
male shoes...yes i mean d name of d market
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 7:51am On Jun 11, 2013
omoteamac: male shoes...yes i mean d name of d market

Good Male shoes are usually expensive than that of the female, for the prices, you might be getting it from 5000 cefa (1,600 naira) upwards, depending on the stock. For the name of the market, it's called "missebo"
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by will2lead(m): 8:33pm On Jul 02, 2013
bro, u doing a great job by answering
all questions posed to u, yet I do have mine. I want to travel to cotonu with a lady, ur said means of travelling dere as stated in ur earlier post, is it safe
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 7:33am On Jul 03, 2013
will2lead: bro, u doing a great job by answering
all questions posed to u, yet I do have mine. I want to travel to cotonu with a lady, ur said means of travelling dere as stated in ur earlier post, is it safe

I don't know the lady, so I can't guarantee any safty. But all I said is right.

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Ogeesther(f): 1:26am On Jul 04, 2013
@zhukafa please what is the name of the market where female shoes are sold in a cheaper rate in cotounu and at what price
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 2:21am On Jul 04, 2013
Ogeesther: @zhukafa please what is the name of the market where female shoes are sold in a cheaper rate in cotounu and at what price

The name of the market is missebo. For the price, it depends on the grade of the shoes you want to buy.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Mzora(f): 1:14pm On Jul 05, 2013
@zhukafa...plz wat necessary travel documents do one need 2 travel to cotonou.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by morzook(m): 12:25pm On Jul 13, 2013
Nice thread so far.... Can I get a room for around 15k in Cotonou? I mean monthly. I just need to get out of here to somewhere less distracting: I am writing a book and I think cotonou will be a good place for me.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 12:46pm On Jul 13, 2013
morzook: Nice thread so far.... Can I get a room for around 15k in Cotonou? I mean monthly. I just need to get out of here to somewhere less distracting: I am writing a book and I think cotonou will be a good place for me.

You mean 15,000 naira for a full whole month?
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by morzook(m): 1:44pm On Jul 13, 2013
Yea.. but not in an hotel tho. In a house with basic amenities
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 1:46pm On Jul 13, 2013
morzook: Yea.. but not in an hotel tho. In a house with basic amenities

Don't know of any.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by morzook(m): 1:51pm On Jul 13, 2013
Thanx
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by henrimoto(m): 4:54pm On Jul 13, 2013
morzook: Nice thread so far.... Can I get a room for around 15k in Cotonou? I mean monthly. I just need to get out of here to somewhere less distracting: I am writing a book and I think cotonou will be a good place for me.
u will get a good one with amenities even 4 less than dat amount, say dat kind 9k naira when converted naija currency...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46) (Reply)

Poland Work Visa / Where Are Nigerians In Australia . / Nigerians At Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.