Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,012 members, 7,799,454 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou - Travel (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou (220330 Views)

Relocating To Cotonou / Pls I Need Guide On How To Get To Cotonou And Also Where To Get Things Cheap / Cotonou, Benin Republic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by writemeshyahoo: 6:56pm On Apr 24, 2017
Bros i have clients there who pay into my account in Nigeria.
I dont need to tell you, but go to Niamey and compare with Lagos. At least i know they have light 247.

Ugosample:

Why Niger?
I'm surprised tho.....
People send money to Niger?
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Ugosample(m): 7:04pm On Apr 24, 2017
writemeshyahoo:
Bros i have clients there who pay into my account in Nigeria.
I dont need to tell you, but go to Niamey and compare with Lagos. At least i know they have light 247.

I was just expressing my surprise, that's all.
Nothing hard
I have been to niamey before too, and yes there is constant light

But people there can like to speak local language eh
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by writemeshyahoo: 7:20pm On Apr 24, 2017
Of course i know you were not harsh. I was just telling you in case you dont know that they have light 247. Yeah local language, but if you can speak hausa fluently....you are good to go.

Ugosample:

I was just expressing my surprise, that's all.
Nothing hard
I have been to niamey before too, and yes there is constant light

But people there can like to speak local language eh
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by celestialAgent(m): 3:13pm On Apr 25, 2017
writemeshyahoo:

Pls can i send western union from Nigeria to Niger?
I can't tell for sure. But you should. Just visit a first bank or access bank near you.

Note: Not all banks are allowed to use the service. As big as GTB is, you can only receive with them not send.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Levels731: 10:28pm On May 13, 2017
Please gurus in this prestigious house I want to ask if it's possible to travel to Republic of Benin without my intl passport.?
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by gentlebullet(m): 1:50am On May 14, 2017
Levels731:
Please gurus in this prestigious house I want to ask if it's possible to travel to Republic of Benin without my intl passport.?
capital YES! if you are in lagos, take a bus to mile 2, then you take a bus to seme border. once you alight, walk to the petrol station you will see lots of okada riders there.pls, look out for the bikemen with green tops and ask the bike guy for his cards(small pass they give to the guys at the check points). if he has the cards, negotiate the fair(#600,#700)he will take you to benin side. change your Cfa and take a car to Tokpa(1000cfa).Cheers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by silibaba: 6:29am On May 14, 2017
gentlebullet:

capital YES! if you are in lagos, take a bus to mile 2, then you take a bus to seme border. once you alight, walk to the petrol station you will see lots of okada riders there.pls, look out for the bikemen with green tops and ask the bike guy for his cards(small pass they give to the guys at the check points). if he has the cards, negotiate the fair(#600,#700)he will take you to benin side. change your Cfa and take a car to Tokpa(1000cfa).Cheers

Pls can you help me wit exchange rate naira to cfa
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by gentlebullet(m): 12:06pm On May 14, 2017
silibaba:

the last time i changed it was #1000 -1410Cfa. that was on 1st may
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by SkinnyDude(m): 6:59am On May 16, 2017
what business can one do with 200k in cotonou? ?
pls advise
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by gabriellaluchy(f): 6:25am On May 20, 2017
Hello Everyone♥.
Please I would like to go get okrika bags and shoes at cotonou.
I need help with directions To Missebo From Lagos.
Thank you.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by chimah3(m): 4:50pm On May 31, 2017
Can i get a private car from Lagos to take me to Cotonu? And is this advisable. Want to spend a weekend with some friends...does anyone of any nice Apartment we could rent for a week please. I will really appreciate comments ...Thanks!
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by gentlebullet(m): 7:34pm On May 31, 2017
chimah3:
Can i get a private car from Lagos to take me to Cotonu? And is this advisable. Want to spend a weekend with some friends...does anyone of any nice Apartment we could rent for a week please. I will really appreciate comments ...Thanks!
if i were to be in lag now, you for just hire me....Lol.
Don't waste cash hiring a car from lag to cotonou. just go to mile 2 or iyana iba and board one of those cars plying cotonou if you don't want to cross border on foot like real naija guy.
As for apartment, i can recommend HOTEL DES NATION at Akpakpa, they have 1,2&3 bedrooms serviced apartments apart from the normal hotel rooms and their service is okay. I stay there anytime am in cotonou for work. You can contact the hotel for enquiries via email: hoteldesnations@yahoo.com or call their tel: +22996303535,+22921332917
the hotel is at the back of PTT PK3 Opp new market in Akpakpa. Very close to SUPER U

3 Likes

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by chimah3(m): 11:12pm On May 31, 2017
gentlebullet:

Don't waste cash hiring a car from lag to cotonou. just go to mile 2 or iyana iba and board one of those cars plying cotonou if you don't want to cross border on foot like real naija guy.
As for apartment, i can recommend HOTEL DES NATION at Akpakpa, they have 1,2&3 bedrooms serviced apartments apart from the normal hotel rooms and their service is okay. I stay there anytime am in cotonou for work. You can contact the hotel for enquiries via email: hoteldesnations@yahoo.com or call their tel: +22996303535,+22921332917
the hotel is at the back of PTT PK3 Opp new market in Akpakpa. Very close to SUPER U

Hahaaaa!! Yaaayy! Thanks boss! W are like 6 going and I just thought paying ABC over 10k each is waste of money and renting a car. Might be cheaper. Would we get a car to rent in mile 2? And also wh part of cotonou is fun to stay in? As we nee activity! Lol

Thanks alot!
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by gentlebullet(m): 3:51am On Jun 01, 2017
chimah3:

Hahaaaa!! Yaaayy! Thanks boss! W are like 6 going and I just thought paying ABC over 10k each is waste of money and renting a car. Might be cheaper. Would we get a car to rent in mile 2? And also wh part of cotonou is fun to stay in? As we nee activity! Lol

Thanks alot!
Chai! supposing i don return back naija nau, i for just take you guys on tour port novo,cotonou,ouidah,calavi,grand popo and hilla codji with my honda odeyssey. Well, nothing spoil.since you guys are 6, you can get a sienna loading from mile2 to cotonou that will just take you guys.
for fun places, them plenty wella. obama beach, lots of pubs and spots at sekandji, there lots of fun places in cotonou just that i don't know how to spell them. once you get in ask from the hotel staffs them go download you plenty

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by chimah3(m): 10:50am On Jun 01, 2017
gentlebullet:

Chai! supposing i don return back naija nau, i for just take you guys on tour port novo,cotonou,ouidah,calavi,grand popo and hilla codji with my honda odeyssey. Well, nothing spoil.since you guys are 6, you can get a sienna loading from mile2 to cotonou that will just take you guys.
for fun places, them plenty wella. obama beach, lots of pubs and spots at sekandji, there lots of fun places in cotonou just that i don't know how to spell them. once you get in ask from the hotel staffs them go download you plenty

Correct man! When will you be back! We not leaving till next month when everyone can be free. Will u be available then?
Also i didn't like the look of that apartment/hotel you recommended. Looks like where gun dealers trade...lol! Anyway I will sent u a private message. Lets yarn well. Cheers!
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Shakitibob0: 5:23pm On Jun 08, 2017
Celestialagent gentlebullet ugosample

Please I want to take the idiroko route and without my passport but with national I'd card....How can I cross without problem from any quarters?

Just going for a 3days visit not business....I plan visiting Cotonou only
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by giftedhands: 12:10pm On Jun 10, 2017
Pls how much is Lagos to Cotonou
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by ThisIsOutlaw: 6:20pm On Jun 10, 2017
Bros.... Abeg how much be flight from Lagos to cotonu Economy tho
silibaba:

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by bluntMonkey: 7:43am On Jun 11, 2017
Current rate based on 100,000 naira for those who want to know

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by bolajiboi(m): 12:25pm On Jun 11, 2017
bluntMonkey:
Current rate for those who want to know

Oga stop misleading people with incorrect rate. get ur fact right. Blackmarket rate is where u get the current rate. especially for Ghana Cedi and West african Cfa
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by celestialAgent(m): 1:47pm On Jun 12, 2017
Shakitibob0:
Celestialagent gentlebullet ugosample

Please I want to take the idiroko route and without my passport but with national I'd card....How can I cross without problem from any quarters?

Just going for a 3days visit not business....I plan visiting Cotonou only
Idiroko is convenient and peaceful. Just make sure you don't have any contraband.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Shakitibob0: 3:05pm On Jun 12, 2017
celestialAgent:
Idiroko is convenient and peaceful. Just make sure you don't have any contraband.
OK thanks
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by bolajiboi(m): 8:37pm On Jun 12, 2017
Today Rate is 1000cfa - 615naira
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Timbuktu14(m): 11:39pm On Jun 12, 2017
bolajiboi:
Today Rate is 1000cfa - 615naira
That's poor. Is Ecobank ATM from Niger now working on their ATMs again?

Hopefully, Naira go don get sense before December.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by bolajiboi(m): 9:54am On Jun 13, 2017
Timbuktu14:
That's poor. Is Ecobank ATM from Niger now working on their ATMs again?

Hopefully, Naira go don get sense before December.

No naija bank Atm work outside naija for now
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by teewhy2580: 2:15pm On Jun 13, 2017
hi, I'm willing to travel to cotonou and I ha
ve my passport. it's gonna be by road. does the passport covers or I still got stuffs to pay for to cross the border with no stress
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Timbuktu14(m): 4:37am On Jun 14, 2017
teewhy2580:
hi, I'm willing to travel to cotonou and I ha
ve my passport. it's gonna be by road. does the passport covers or I still got stuffs to pay for to cross the border with no stress
I wouldn't be wasting my passport page for a trip to cotonou if I were you. Take the passport along but don't stamp it. You can use between 500 - 1000 to cross the border. Once you are in, you are good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by ThisIsOutlaw: 9:54am On Jun 14, 2017
zhukafa:
i would answer your questions one after ther other.
1) laugges would be checked, depending on the type of laugage you are travelling with.
2) To get a cheap accomodation, you have to find the accomodation off the cotonue town. Places like sekandji, mivvo etc
3) for there communication network, they have mtn, glo and moov.
4)you dont need to get another line, but for lower charges, you need to buy one of there lines.
5) for the cash, you can leave it in your own account, when you get to border, they have different banks at the boder.
6) there is no naira bank there.

Hope this helps.

Please for those that knows pretty much about North American University Cotonou ...(1)can I serve in 9ja graduating from the school ?
(2) when is their ongoing admission closing ?
(3) do they wear some sort of uniforms ?
(4) what are my chances of getting admitted there not knowing someone that knows someone?
(5) do they offer BSC and is it recognized?
(6) Is it true there is a special program one can be through in 3 years?

Thanks Y'all
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by ThisIsOutlaw: 9:58am On Jun 14, 2017
celestialAgent:

Please for those that knows pretty much about North American University Cotonou ...(1)can I serve in 9ja graduating from the school ?
(4) what are my chances of getting admitted there not knowing someone that knows someone?

Thanks
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by ThisIsOutlaw: 10:01am On Jun 14, 2017
gentlebullet:

Please for those that knows pretty much about the schoo north American University Cotonou ..(1)can I serve in 9ja graduating from the school ?

Thanks
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by ThisIsOutlaw: 10:04am On Jun 14, 2017
gentlebullet:

Bros, Abeg shey you know stuffs about North American University foe Cotonou ...(1)can I serve in 9ja graduating from the school ?

Thanks
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Timbuktu14(m): 11:46pm On Jun 14, 2017
ThisIsOutlaw:

Bros, Abeg shey you know stuffs about North American University foe Cotonou ...(1)can I serve in 9ja graduating from the school ?

Thanks

I can only answer the service question. Yes, you can serve. A friend I served with finished from the school.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (46) (Reply)

Poland Work Visa / Where Are Nigerians In Australia . / Nigerians At Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.