Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,318 members, 7,808,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:39 AM

Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou - Travel (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou (220649 Views)

Relocating To Cotonou / Pls I Need Guide On How To Get To Cotonou And Also Where To Get Things Cheap / Cotonou, Benin Republic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Muchmore024: 10:56pm On May 22, 2022
Yeah

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by gtech2sure: 2:38pm On May 23, 2022
Muchmore024:

Chaii. You sabi die grin.. I don even get merchant like this. Na bank account remain. Abeg when u dey go. We fit go together. Please I don dm you
No p bro.... How we fit connect
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by samuelgodson(m): 10:18pm On May 28, 2022
Muchmore024:

Chaii. You sabi die grin.. I don even get merchant like this. Na bank account remain. Abeg when u dey go. We fit go together. Please I don dm you
boss abeg what is cefa to naira rate......I want pay person for Benin abeg......Nd shey u fit link me with legit merchant abeg
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by samuelgodson(m): 10:29pm On May 28, 2022
gtech2sure:

boss make Una no forget me too na cry cry cry cry
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Sheezy008(m): 2:23pm On Jun 03, 2022
Make I book space�
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by sande223: 9:47pm On Jul 02, 2022
Can someone trade crypto for Benin?
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Austindozky(m): 10:54am On Jul 04, 2022
Hi bro. Wassup with the arbitrage stuff. I've been looking for someone who can put me up. Have you been able to send money to a merchant in Benin and what's the rate like?

gtech2sure:

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Austindozky(m): 10:56am On Jul 04, 2022
Hi bro
Did you succeed in opening the Benin bank account?

Muchmore024:
Yeah
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Austindozky(m): 11:01am On Jul 04, 2022
Hit me up, please
My WhatsApp line

Muchmore024:
Yeah
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by eddiense: 9:57pm On Jul 06, 2022
Who knows this company in Port Novo (Siar Industry Sarl) they is a rumour that they are recruiting and requesting for 1k USD for the job with Port Novo resident permit, accommodation and a pay of 150USD weekly after a 6weeks training.

Is it legit?

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Niiade(m): 1:39pm On Jul 21, 2022
Yampotatocarrot:

Good day Sir. I'm sorry, I have no idea about relocating there, I just go and come back.

Hello please kindly confirm if you got the residency document for Benin, I am looking to relocate and getting one. Thank you
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by SleekyP(m): 6:04pm On Jul 27, 2022
Niiade:

Hello please kindly confirm if you got the residency document for Benin, I am looking to relocate and getting one. Thank you
You don’t need it, just cross border….get an accommodation and be doing your business. Don’t look for trouble or else na Gendarmerie go throw you for their cell (police).

2 Likes

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by bull67: 8:05am On Jul 28, 2022
if you want to live and do business on the long term then, you need a residence permit.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Juleeee: 11:22am On Aug 13, 2022
cmoney22222:
no update, i havent gotten any reliable info.. if you have let me know

thanks

Why don't you guys just ask Google?
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by ceejay12: 12:13am On Aug 18, 2022
Hello bro...i am planning to travel to Cotonou by end of this month, pls have you gotten your mobile money sim? If yes, pls I am interested in getting it. I will appreciate if you can put me through on how to go about it. Thanks! You can dm
me or reach me via WhatsApp 08121918227
Arbitrage brother spotted grin

I think you can get mobile money sim as foreigner without any document because one exchanger I contact weeks back promised to give me free on my arrival. [/quote]
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by mrsage(m): 2:11am On Aug 18, 2022
Good
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by ceejay12: 9:43am On Aug 18, 2022
Do you know if one can cross border without any passport just national ID

Secondly can one get mtn mobile money sim card and open bank account there with Nigeria ID
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by sirrotex: 2:22pm On Oct 16, 2022
Good day. Please can someone familiar with this route confirm if there is a taxi from seme boarder to Togo? If yes, the cost of the taxi. Thanks in advance
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Owlswift(m): 7:25am On Oct 24, 2022
Is there any harm in using bank? Like Ecobank, go to Benin republic and withdraw your money over there in CEFA. Is it not possible?
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:56am On Oct 29, 2022
Niiade:

What I got was a Citizen's card. I was able to open a bank account with it.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:57am On Oct 29, 2022
sirrotex:
Good day. Please can someone familiar with this route confirm if there is a taxi from seme boarder to Togo? If yes, the cost of the taxi. Thanks in advance

Get to Benin Republic, then take a bus across the border... It's that easy and CHEAP
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:00am On Oct 29, 2022
Owlswift:
Is there any harm in using bank? Like Ecobank, go to Benin republic and withdraw your money over there in CEFA. Is it not possible?

There's no harm. The problem is sending the money to your Benin account.

But for arbitrage, there's definitely an opportunity. The exchange rate is currently #1000 to 900 Cefa... Then reconvert

I haven't tried it yet, but I'm in the process of doing so
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by sirrotex: 12:22pm On Oct 29, 2022
Thank you
Yampotatocarrot:

Get to Benin Republic, then take a bus across the border... It's that easy and CHEAP
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by IntrovertGuy: 8:52am On Oct 31, 2022
Yampotatocarrot:

What I got was a Citizen's card. I was able to open a bank account with it.

Hello,

How did you get the citizen's card?
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Yampotatocarrot(m): 12:32pm On Oct 31, 2022
IntrovertGuy:

Hello,
How did you get the citizen's card?

It's for Nigerian citizens resident there...

Go to the Nigerian embassy, you pay some money, then you return in about one week time to get it. They'll ask for address and all. I used the address of the hotel I lodged (just general area address)

Then, you'll fill your occupation or just write student.

I don't know the current cost, but it's quite straightforward. Although people dey plenty especially on collection days, so try to get a number of someone there to "you know".

In all sha, they'll treat you well and the officials are very friendly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by brightheart007(f): 5:39pm On Nov 29, 2022
Can I travel to Lome with just my nin?
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Gatess: 11:43am On Nov 30, 2022
Pls I intend relocating my young family to Port Novo in Benin republic by this December but I want a candid advise from those who have lived their for year. I hustle at Ogun state but my family is in Delta currently where my wife does her dance tutoring in primary and secondary schools with sewing biz which she operates from home. Now I intend bringing them closer to me but after exploring Abeokuta, I was not impressed with the city and the next sane place I can remember that isn't far for me to access them is port Novo though wify and I had that initial plan of relocating to same place B4 now though kinda changed mind.
* Now I want to know if she can easily get same dance tutoring job in some of the bilingual schools there and will like to know if tailoring job pays well there?

* I also want to know if clothe biz still pays bringing into this naija despite the currency crash.
* Which affordable place can one register for french course within Port Novo?
*Which good Montessori schools can be recommended for the kids between 5-7yrs?
* & Probably the average cost per term
* How much is the cost of cooking gas and what is the best alternative?
* Average cost of 2brdroom flat in Port Novo?
* Is foodstuff cheap or expensive comparing with naija?.
* Is there some leisure parks or places in Port Novo where kids and adults can go to catch some fun
*Lastly do u think relocating them there is a good idea?
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by olumide81(m): 9:52pm On Dec 17, 2022
Just stumbled upon this. You guys are heaven sent, i intend traveling to Cotonou this December with my family on vacation, we all have our international passport. My questions are:

a. Can we drive down to cotonou without less hassles

b. What other documents do we need outside international passport.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by sirrotex: 1:23pm On Dec 18, 2022
I can't answer question a but for the documents, you require your yellow card and vaccination card for children. You may also require COVID certificate
olumide81:
Just stumbled upon this. You guys are heaven sent, i intend traveling to Cotonou this December with my family on vacation, we all have our international passport. My questions are:

a. Can we drive down to cotonou without less hassles

b. What other documents do we need outside international passport.

Thank you
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Reanzi: 4:40pm On Dec 21, 2022
sirrotex:
I can't answer question a but for the documents, you require your yellow card and vaccination card for children. You may also require COVID certificate

Good evening. Please what's the current naira to cefa black market exchange rate? Thanks so much in advance.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by sirrotex: 9:20pm On Dec 21, 2022
N1000 would give you between 820-850 cefa depending on negotiation
Reanzi:

Good evening. Please what's the current naira to cefa black market exchange rate? Thanks so much in advance.

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Reanzi: 9:43pm On Dec 21, 2022
sirrotex:
N1000 would give you between 820-850 cefa depending on negotiation

Okay. Thanks a bunch

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (Reply)

Poland Work Visa / Where Are Nigerians In Australia . / Nigerians At Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.