Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,991,352 members, 7,285,179 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 February 2023 at 12:15 AM

Nigeria's Image Changing In The Western World - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Image Changing In The Western World (899 Views)

I'm Not Corrupt, I Pleaded Guilty To Save Nigeria's Image – Ibori / Nigeria Image: CNN World’s Untold Story. / Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's Image Changing In The Western World by TheLight2: 2:00am On Jan 06, 2012
hey my people,
check out this news:

Church in Nigeria donates to the U.S.
KENNEWICK, Wash.—We often hear about local charity groups sending donations to less fortunate communities around the world, but for one local group the roles are reversed.

The Family Research Center for Children of Special Needs in Kennewick received a $3,000 donation form the Synagogue Church of all Nations in Nigeria. The money will benefit those in need in the Tri-Cities.

"The name itself is pretty self-explanatory it's called Synagogue Church of all Nations so he doesn't just believe to give to his own nation but to all around the world and that even includes the United States of America," says Mariana Parkhotyuk, Good News Church.

http://www.kndu.com/story/16449289/church-in-nigeria-donates-to-the-us

Nigerian Church Donates to Local Family Center

By Collin Sullivan. Published Wednesday, January 4th, 2012

The Family Resource Center

The Family Resources Center received $3,000 from a Nigerian church recently to help people in need in the Tri-Cities.

The church, run by Pastor TB Joshua, was visited by the Good News Church in Pasco last year.

The Good News Church recently received more than $20,000 from the Nigerian church to disperse to organizations throughout the Northwest to help people in need.

The Family Resource Center used $2,000 of the donation to buy home supplies for families that cannot afford items like soap, sponges and other necessities.

Bags filled with those essentials were given to families on Wednesday at the resource center.

http://www.kvewtv.com/article/2012/jan/04/nigerian-church-donates-local-family-center/
Re: Nigeria's Image Changing In The Western World by Beaf: 2:06am On Jan 06, 2012
I have never heard of a more daft donation.
It is hard to comprehend how a Nigerian church could have left all the suffering and sorrow around them to donate money for suffering in America!
It is mind boggling.

Without doubt, if the surface is scrapped away from the charity farcade, a nest of criminal activities will be revealed. That church is either into money laundering or they are drug smugglers.
Re: Nigeria's Image Changing In The Western World by Nobody: 7:34am On Jan 06, 2012
@beaf, pls becareful wit ur choice of words
Re: Nigeria's Image Changing In The Western World by nuclearboy(m): 7:47am On Jan 06, 2012
First & probably last time I'll be on the same side as Beaf grin

Daft to leave the type of situation Nigerians are in and go give Americans who at least have social security, power and water.

Dude is looking for something and that church and people can write their congressmen on his behalf with this "Greek gift" he has given them

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Azikiwe Was A Tribalist? / Cpcs Stand On The New 5000 Naira Note / Boko Haram News: Boko Haram Exposes Top Sss Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2023 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.