Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,918 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:14 AM

How Do I Connect Php With Oracle 11g? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do I Connect Php With Oracle 11g? (2533 Views)

Please How do I Connect My Site To My Facebook Page? / I Can't Connect Php To Mysql / How Do I Connect Two Different Applet Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Connect Php With Oracle 11g? by michaelRL(m): 8:52am On Jan 06, 2012
I'm currently working on an Tertiary Institution Administration, Students Records and Online Eamination project, eVarsity, with PHP and MySQL, but due to some weaknesses of MySQL like minimal tolerance for multiple and concurrent access, I want to connect the application to an Oracle DB.

Pls I need help with something like PHP Oracle Connector or plugin.
Re: How Do I Connect Php With Oracle 11g? by Nobody: 10:14am On Jan 06, 2012
Search google for: nairaland designing a site with php and oracle

I did a site like that once, but it was with oracle 10G. I used wamp server as my testing server.
Re: How Do I Connect Php With Oracle 11g? by sayhi2ay(m): 6:40pm On Jan 06, 2012
minimal tolerance for concurrent access? maybe you are using the wrong engine. few inserts would be done at any given day anyways, why are you so worried about concurrent access? if you have your indexing and constraints right ,  reading from the db isnt bad at all in mysql,  i have co-developed web apps with mysql as db ,  during peak periods,  we have about 2000 people accessing it at the same time, and the server doesnt take a hit. am part of a team that manage a web app right now with about 20000 db transactions daily - using mysql,  and all is good and dandy.

i developed a learning management system(LMS) web app last year and had about 300k test record of users in the mysql Db, i simulated concurrent access and the server didnt drag.

maybe you should do some code/data structure review and code refactoring; and try to minimize mysql internal function calls in your query - if you have any.
Re: How Do I Connect Php With Oracle 11g? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 06, 2012
^^^You are correct. i just checked the page now, and discovered that it is no more. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-473933.0.html

Anyway, if you need help, you can contact me via email - but search google first.

(1) (Reply)

We Need Online Workers / How To BUILD Your Own Bulk Sms Website. At Ease / Nagin 26th March 2016 Full Episode On Colors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.