Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

Fela Durotoye On Fuel Subsidy Removal: Brilliant! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fela Durotoye On Fuel Subsidy Removal: Brilliant! (14039 Views)

No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG / This Buhari's Tweet On Fuel Scarcity Under Jonathan Has Got Everyone Talking(pic / Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fela Durotoye On Fuel Subsidy Removal: Brilliant! by bigfather(m): 10:27am On Jan 06, 2012
FELA DUROTOYE on Fuel Subsidy,  Brilliant,

[b]Since I got back into Nigeria yesterday, I have heard some preposterous arguments that the removal of the fuel subsidy will be justified by wise investments that will benefit all.

My response has been, How will a wasteful government suddenly realize the genius of prudence and making the right investment decisions simply bcs there is more money available from oil subsidy removal?

Will there be less graft & bribes involved in process of issuing the road contracts or power contracts?

Have we sought to honestly find every way we can plug wastage in our leaking economy before we ask a feeble populace to carry the burden of corruption and gross ineptitude of a gluttonous few?

Have the Presidency, the State & Local Governments and the Legislature discovered how to travel without a convoy of 20 cars to the airport?

Can the occupiers of these lofty positions act in honour as Barack Obama did in 2010 when he got every member of his cabinet to take a pay cut, starting with himself?

Within his first few days as British Prime Minister, David Cameron led the austerity cuts (upon his assumption) by cutting down his convoy to 2 cars and one outrider. The Members of Parliament in Britain are now only allowed 3rd class train tickets on official travel (as opposed to their traditional first class train ticket allowances). The Mayor of London now rides a bicycle to work.
Leadership by example!!!

How come our 'leaders' in government earn so much and still spend so much furnishing the same houses and offices they furnished with our money last year?

Do you furnish your office every year? Why should the President, Governor or Senate President?

Wasteful leadership cannot make prudent investments!!!!! Q.E.D

The change we need is not just policy. Its in the quality of mind and persons at policy making positions.

That said, how will we effectively deliver sustainable desired-change?

History has taught us that governments increase fuel prices, the people fight, students riot, labour unions strike, and then after a couple of weeks, the government reduces the price but never to its original price, and everyone feels like a winner, but the poor know and experience the reality of the loss. Then we start the cycle all over again with another administration.

God bless everyone who has stood up against this unjust policy. I salute everyone who has risked their lives to Occupy Nigeria with the message that Enough is Enough.

This is only the beginning of a long and arduous journey. The real Nigerian spring is going to be in April 2015.

WE NEED A CRITICAL MASS OF NEW NIGERIANS TO TAKE HOLD OF EVERY LEVEL OF POLICY MAKING POSITIONS BY 2015. Not a few good men and women whose voices will get drowned in the cacophony of mediocrity.

Let our brightest and best brains begin serious preparations NOW. Don't wait till 2014 to decide you want to make a change by running for office in 2015. It will be too late if you don't start NOW!!!!

As we keep up the pressure of PEACEFUL, NON-VIOLENT PROTESTS through all channels, let another set of emerging leaders (with a heart for the nation and a love for the people) arise and begin to prepare for 2015. We must encourage, train, mentor and empower the right people to go where few dare.

I have committed my life to raise and prepare as many exemplary leaders of excellence to take over the various policy making positions at all levels of governance (federal, state and local)- executive and legislative.

Even when 'they' back down on the fuel subsidy removal, (only because they need the banks to reopen so they can cash some of their billions or so that the airports can reopen so their children can travel back abroad to continue their education), don't let us be deceived again into submission and celebrate the illusion of victory.
Until we change the quality of people in policy-making positions, we won't yet have real and lasting victory.

Don't get it twisted, The 2015 elections is going to be the opportunity for the real Nigerian Spring.

The real question is , Will we be ready to bring the real change we've always desired with the same zeal and fervor as we show now?

Please don't let today's passion die tomorrow.
The struggle continues today, tomorrow and forever. We WILL deliver the future!

God bless you and God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.[/b]

https://www.facebook.com/feladurotoye/posts/10150508559923340

1 Like

Re: Fela Durotoye On Fuel Subsidy Removal: Brilliant! by otokx(m): 12:48pm On Jan 06, 2012
our leaders are very wicked
Re: Fela Durotoye On Fuel Subsidy Removal: Brilliant! by ortopazz(m): 5:54pm On Jan 06, 2012
I stil blv GEJ wil shock his doubterz just like Keshi as already begun!

Scrutunize yr candicots be4 certifying them candidates! T.K NOTE!
Re: Fela Durotoye On Fuel Subsidy Removal: Brilliant! by pm05337(m): 5:55pm On Jan 06, 2012
Well Said @Op, God help us all in our Obodo Nigeria
Re: Fela Durotoye On Fuel Subsidy Removal: Brilliant! by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 5:56pm On Jan 06, 2012
I love this statement by fela durotoye.that is just the simple truth.
Re: Fela Durotoye On Fuel Subsidy Removal: Brilliant! by realwale: 5:59pm On Jan 06, 2012
our leaders are just wicked, they import autoricksaw(keke napep) but they spend N280m buying just 2 jeeps. an ordinary commissioner uses about a 10 car convoy with retinue of aides,PAs,security details etc.
some of dere PA also employ PAs too.

we have snr special advisers, snr special assistants,special assistants and special advisers, not forgetting the consultants. all of them are on the payroll of the govt.
Re: Fela Durotoye On Fuel Subsidy Removal: Brilliant! by dotunbond(m): 6:02pm On Jan 06, 2012
Strong points raised, now let act on this,the fight is really not for the removal of fuel subsidy alone but for the corruption and wasteful mismanagement of our country's resources, God Bless Nigeria !
Re: Fela Durotoye On Fuel Subsidy Removal: Brilliant! by Mobinga: 6:05pm On Jan 06, 2012
What the phuck did I just read?

Re: Fela Durotoye On Fuel Subsidy Removal: Brilliant! by mohid(m): 6:05pm On Jan 06, 2012
Oga Fela,Why wait till 2015 when we can protest long enough and loud enough till we force fresh elections in all tiers of government this year!
its very achievable even God admitted at the Tower of Babel that when "the people are one nothing can stop them", Paraphrasing
Re: Fela Durotoye On Fuel Subsidy Removal: Brilliant! by Limaoscar: 6:12pm On Jan 06, 2012
Good write-up by Fela. That guy loves Nigeria with a passion. Last time He visited the U.S. we were talking for like two hours straight on Nigerian Issues.
Re: Fela Durotoye On Fuel Subsidy Removal: Brilliant! by damola1: 6:12pm On Jan 06, 2012
I can actually fix Nigeria,

Save local Govt. Group is the solution.
Re: Fela Durotoye On Fuel Subsidy Removal: Brilliant! by Isrealbabs(m): 6:16pm On Jan 06, 2012
that is the truth. god bless u. i hope d right minded people lead us in this strugle
Re: Fela Durotoye On Fuel Subsidy Removal: Brilliant! by kizito96(m): 6:24pm On Jan 06, 2012
Removal of subsidy is just to enrich the Rich
Re: Fela Durotoye On Fuel Subsidy Removal: Brilliant! by Maximip(m): 6:26pm On Jan 06, 2012
[size=16pt]Nigeria will be great![/size]
Re: Fela Durotoye On Fuel Subsidy Removal: Brilliant! by juman(m): 6:33pm On Jan 06, 2012
Removal of subsidy is good
Re: Fela Durotoye On Fuel Subsidy Removal: Brilliant! by slap1(m): 6:40pm On Jan 06, 2012
More money will only aid the wastefulness of a wasteful government like GEJ's!
Re: Fela Durotoye On Fuel Subsidy Removal: Brilliant! by Nadanbata: 6:42pm On Jan 06, 2012
slap1:

More money will only aid the wastefulness of a wasteful government like GEJ's!

correct see 2012 budget ? I dey laugh
Re: Fela Durotoye On Fuel Subsidy Removal: Brilliant! by pato405(m): 6:44pm On Jan 06, 2012
Salary of a Senator,
Basic salary- #2,484245.50
Hardship allowee- 1,242,122
Constituency allowee-4,968,509
Furniture allowee-7,452,736
Newspaper-1,242,122.70
Wardrobe- 621,061
Recess- 248,424
Accomodatn-4,968,509
Utilities-828,081
Domestic staff-868,081
Entertainment-828,081
P.A -621,061
vehicle maintenance-1,863,184.12
leave allowee-248,424.55
car allowee-9,936982.20 * 4yrs
Total #29,479,749

these doesn't seem to be enough afterall. they need more allowances like argument allowance, pet allowance (whether you have pets or not), weekend allowance e.t.c
Re: Fela Durotoye On Fuel Subsidy Removal: Brilliant! by tlops(m): 7:10pm On Jan 06, 2012
Everything about this administration is clueless!
Re: Fela Durotoye On Fuel Subsidy Removal: Brilliant! by renewnaija(m): 7:33pm On Jan 06, 2012
pato405:

Salary of a Senator,
Basic salary- #2,484245.50
Hardship allowee- 1,242,122
Constituency allowee-4,968,509
Furniture allowee-7,452,736
Newspaper-1,242,122.70
Wardrobe- 621,061
Recess- 248,424
Accomodatn-4,968,509
Utilities-828,081
Domestic staff-868,081
Entertainment-828,081
P.A -621,061
vehicle maintenance-1,863,184.12
leave allowee-248,424.55
car allowee-9,936982.20 * 4yrs
Total #29,479,749

these doesn't seem to be enough afterall. they need more allowances like argument allowance, pet allowance (whether you have pets or not), weekend allowance e.t.c

Really? Why am I not surprised? The elite have completely lost touch which what happens at the lower end of the ladder.
Re: Fela Durotoye On Fuel Subsidy Removal: Brilliant! by moshoodn(m): 7:44pm On Jan 06, 2012
Nice submission Fela. .
Re: Fela Durotoye On Fuel Subsidy Removal: Brilliant! by olotan2: 7:50pm On Jan 06, 2012
In KUTI revolutional statement i beleive, even if neccessary die for. Let us stand up and fight for our libration from the hand of this untenable imperialist agent.
Re: Fela Durotoye On Fuel Subsidy Removal: Brilliant! by olotan2: 7:53pm On Jan 06, 2012
This is democracy let us bid the idea of the masses
Re: Fela Durotoye On Fuel Subsidy Removal: Brilliant! by tlops(m): 7:57pm On Jan 06, 2012
Nigeria's democracy is about the costliest around!

David Cameron earns just $190,000 a year which is more than 1.5 million US dollars less than a Nigerian senator’s salaries.
Re: Fela Durotoye On Fuel Subsidy Removal: Brilliant! by lanresco15(m): 8:09pm On Jan 06, 2012
I love this, for the first time in a long time, if ever, we stand up for what's right, I hope it's ROCK SOLID, because I can see a revolution!
Re: Fela Durotoye On Fuel Subsidy Removal: Brilliant! by tlops(m): 8:17pm On Jan 06, 2012
When the gods wants to deal with a person, they cause him to do supernatural things that are disastrous!

GEJ forgets that he was the one Nigerians (the majority that voted him) voted for, not his advisers
Re: Fela Durotoye On Fuel Subsidy Removal: Brilliant! by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jan 06, 2012
I particularly find his comment on 2015 very instructive. As far as I am concerned, true change can only come when committed and selfless Nigerians take over the political terrain from those fatcats who have held us bound for so long. Let those who believe they have what it takes begin to prepare and strategize for 2015, even as we battle the current crop of misguided leaders. That's the way forward.
Re: Fela Durotoye On Fuel Subsidy Removal: Brilliant! by hbrednic: 8:49pm On Jan 06, 2012
fuel subsidy my arse,
angry angry angry
Re: Fela Durotoye On Fuel Subsidy Removal: Brilliant! by ak47mann(m): 8:59pm On Jan 06, 2012
hbrednic:

fuel subsidy my arse,break up the giant zoo angry angry angry
cool
Re: Fela Durotoye On Fuel Subsidy Removal: Brilliant! by muyoto: 9:07pm On Jan 06, 2012
candid questions demanding answers
Re: Fela Durotoye On Fuel Subsidy Removal: Brilliant! by mbulela: 9:13pm On Jan 06, 2012
this same sermon was preached in 2011 yet we saddled ourselves with an unprecedented level of mediocrity. I see no reason to believe that 2015 will be any different,if we make it that far.
We as a people chose this mess often referred to as fresh air.
I have said it before and i say it again, this govt does not have the moral right to even consider removal of fuel subsidy.
the cost of governanace and legislative looting rampant in govt is enough to sink any nation.
If there is a cabal looting from fuel subsidy, go after it,address the cost of governance, then come talk about removal of fuel subsidy and some of us will even campaign for it.
until that is done, all these spread sheets Okonjo Iweala and Sanusi are displaying on Power point slides are dead on arrival.
Re: Fela Durotoye On Fuel Subsidy Removal: Brilliant! by maasoap(m): 9:35pm On Jan 06, 2012
Fuel subsidy was not killing our economy, but corruption, high cost of governance as well as wasteful spending. 300 billion naira fuel subsidy suddenly jumped to 1.3 trillion naira under GEJ in two years. There is no way we can trust this administration.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ajimobi Leads Team In Conducting Cleanup Exercise Across Oyo State -pics / EXPOSED!!! This Is What Britain Don't Want Nigerians To See / Ebonyi PDP Seeks Buhari’s Intervention On Umahi's "Fatwa Declaration"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.