Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,340 members, 7,780,897 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:30 AM

Why Are Our Christian Leaders Quiet On This Fuel Subsidy Issue? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Our Christian Leaders Quiet On This Fuel Subsidy Issue? (9175 Views)

Spirit Husband And Wife - A Scaring Issue Within Our Christian Youth. / To Our Christian Brothers... / What Do Our Christian Sisters In The House Have To Say About This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Our Christian Leaders Quiet On This Fuel Subsidy Issue? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jan 07, 2012
Re: Why Are Our Christian Leaders Quiet On This Fuel Subsidy Issue? by kaykaybaba(m): 1:20pm On Jan 07, 2012
there you go again. What has Oyedepo slapping someone got to do with your post? Little or nothing. Stay on the subject please. And while we're at it, did you vote in the last general elections? for whom? and what have YOU done since the fuel prices went up? I think putting pastor as your user name is a misnomer
Re: Why Are Our Christian Leaders Quiet On This Fuel Subsidy Issue? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jan 07, 2012
They don't believe im action just prayer. In fact, more poverty will lead to more faithfulness from the people.
Re: Why Are Our Christian Leaders Quiet On This Fuel Subsidy Issue? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jan 07, 2012
The poor are the witches, the blessed are the crooks
Re: Why Are Our Christian Leaders Quiet On This Fuel Subsidy Issue? by Orikinla(m): 1:27pm On Jan 07, 2012
Cardinal Olubunmi Okogie, the Catholic Archbishop of Lagos, spoke against it and called for a revolution.

See "Salvo" on the back cover of The Punch of yesterday Friday January 6, 2012.
Re: Why Are Our Christian Leaders Quiet On This Fuel Subsidy Issue? by Wadosky(m): 1:37pm On Jan 07, 2012
they said we dont have funds,while we can use the recovered billions from bankole,abacha,ibori to name a few to build new refineries. angry
Re: Why Are Our Christian Leaders Quiet On This Fuel Subsidy Issue? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 07, 2012
Thank u 4 dis thread. I just discussed dis topic wit my friends in d office few days ago. Most of our men of God are worst than d politicians that is why they are quiet. All they know how to say is pray 4 Nigeria. Jesus wud hav caused a revolution if he was alive in Nigeria today. Most of d scribes and pharisees Jesus was publicly condeming were men of high position both in judaism and israel political system. They were d elders and cabals who control tins in isreal. It was because they were afraid of d revolution that they accuse him of treason. Jesus was a political matyr though in doing so he died for my sin.  The save nigeria group was effective against d yar adua cabal because tunde bakare was a pastor. But he can't lead a protest today because he contested election. If not he is one of d very few pastors who cares abt nigeria. The other pastors are afraid of d revolution affecting their business.s
Re: Why Are Our Christian Leaders Quiet On This Fuel Subsidy Issue? by bodejohn(m): 1:42pm On Jan 07, 2012
Every Nigerian is still calculating and reflecting on how they will be affected by the subsidy removal crises. So my good guess is that those leading men of God and men of flesh are also going through the same circle. In a few weeks with dwindling returns in both tithes and offerings you will see their reactions on the pages of newspapers announcing palliative measures in the form special prayers, anointing oil, mantle etc for the equally gullible Nigerians. I just hope that the current economic conditions will make Nigerians shun those 7days continuous night vigils and special prayers 8am on a working day.
Re: Why Are Our Christian Leaders Quiet On This Fuel Subsidy Issue? by otokx(m): 1:43pm On Jan 07, 2012
The pastors and the politician are one and the same.
Re: Why Are Our Christian Leaders Quiet On This Fuel Subsidy Issue? by simple2rut: 1:44pm On Jan 07, 2012
@poster ur people are slaughtering innocent Christians  and u want us to be talking of fuel subsidy? Is fuel subsidy more important than the life of innocent Christians you people has been slaughtering? U better have ur head examine. I think this is plot by northers to use fuel subsidy to cover up while keep on killing innocent Christian. Y cant U talk about the innocent life's boko haram and cohas been wasting,,,,, u are here to ask stupid question of subsidy. NL has been hijacked by hackers sponsors by cabal those that are sponsoring  protect against removal of fuel subsidy are here we know. Innocent Nigerians are dying,,, your brothers are busy killing innocent people in the name of fighting for Justice? What does the live of 2years old child got to do with ur marginalization?  why killing innocent children with bomb. Are this innocent children the cause of ur problem?? You are insane if u want Christian to talk of Subsidy at this moment. Rubbish post. STOP CAMOUFLAGING WE KNOW UR ORIGIN WE ARE NOT FOOLS.

Pastor Kun:

On the 28th of August 1963, a Baptist Church Pastor led 250,000 (largest crowd in the US capital ever)African Americans to the Lincoln Memorial, Washington to fight for the rights of the Black Man in America. 5 years after, 6.01pm on the 4th of April, 1968, Pastor Martin Luther King was killed for having the audacity to challenge a 140 year status quo. He was killed but today America is a free society. That is faith as exemplified by Christ. Where is the faith of our Bishops and Pastors. Christians should fast and pray today for the nation when we should put action to our faith? Are the pastors not aware that most Nigerians have been fasting for 9 years on less than a $1 a day? Our Christian leaders are proud to host the President and Governors at their convention rather than confront the system. Can you imagine a rally in Abuja with Pastor Adeboye, Bishop Oyedepo, Sam Adeyemi in the front and we their congregation behind them? GEJ will take to his heels, remove subsidy, get power sector working. We will effect a 40year change in 4 hours. Acts of the Apostles is a compendium of actions and not fasting of the Apostles. We are the salt of the earth, salt must enter the hot stew and dissolve to sweeten the cooking. I am not fasting today, I need a march led by our Christian leaders. There is a price to freedom that the church alone can and must pay for our nation to move forward.
Re: Why Are Our Christian Leaders Quiet On This Fuel Subsidy Issue? by fredoooooo: 1:45pm On Jan 07, 2012
bodejohn:

Every Nigerian is still calculating and reflecting on how they will be affected by the subsidy removal crises. So my good guess is that those leading men of God and men of flesh are also going through the same circle. In a few weeks with dwindling returns in both tithes and offerings you will see their reactions on the pages of newspapers announcing palliative measures in the form special prayers, anointing oil, mantle etc for the equally gullible Nigerians. I just hope that the current economic conditions will make Nigerians shun those 7days continuous night vigils and special prayers 8am on a working day.

i think the greatest mistake tunde bakare made is coming out as PASTOR tunde bakre , if he had come as DR or MR may be he would have earn more respect and command ,
Re: Why Are Our Christian Leaders Quiet On This Fuel Subsidy Issue? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jan 07, 2012
simple2rut:

@poster your people are slaughtering innocent Christians  and u want us to be talking of fuel subsidy? Is fuel subsidy more important than the life of innocent Christians you people has been slaughtering? U better have your head examine. I think this is plot by northers to use fuel subsidy to cover up while keep on killing innocent Christian. Y cant U talk about the innocent life's boko haram and cohas been wasting,,,,, u are here to ask silly question of subsidy. NL has been hijacked by hackers sponsors by cabal those that are sponsoring  protect against removal of fuel subsidy are here we know. Innocent Nigerians are dying,,, your brothers are busy killing innocent people in the name of fighting for Justice? What does the live of 2years old child got to do with your marginalization?  why killing innocent children with bomb. Are this innocent children the cause of your problem?? You are insane if u want Christian to talk of Subsidy at this moment. Rubbish post. STOP CAMOUFLAGING WE KNOW your ORIGIN WE ARE NOT FOOLS.

Talk of misplaced priorities  undecided
Re: Why Are Our Christian Leaders Quiet On This Fuel Subsidy Issue? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jan 07, 2012
atbu1983:

Thank u 4 dis thread. I just discussed dis topic wit my friends in d office few days ago. Most of our men of God are worst than d politicians that is why they are quiet. All they know how to say is pray 4 Nigeria. Jesus wud hav caused a revolution if he was alive in Nigeria today. Most of d scribes and pharisees Jesus was publicly condeming were men of high position both in judaism and israel political system. They were d elders and cabals who control tins in isreal. It was because they were afraid of d revolution that they accuse him of treason. Jesus was a political matyr though in doing so he died for my sin.  The save nigeria group was effective against d yar adua cabal because tunde bakare was a pastor. But he can't lead a protest today because he contested election. If not he is one of d very few pastors who cares abt nigeria. The other pastors are afraid of d revolution affecting their business.s

Jesus would have caused a revolution against SIN and GREED. I stop here !
Re: Why Are Our Christian Leaders Quiet On This Fuel Subsidy Issue? by aletheia(m): 1:50pm On Jan 07, 2012
musKeeto:

. . .MLK was not a good Christian.
^
Actually MLK was not a good example of a Christian. He was a good orator and civil rights leader however.

Pastor AIO:

However Jesus did heal sick people and feed people and take care of their physical needs as much as their spiritual needs. . .
^
This is what the church should be doing not sending people out into the streets to protest or demonstrate.
Re: Why Are Our Christian Leaders Quiet On This Fuel Subsidy Issue? by Rich4god(m): 2:03pm On Jan 07, 2012
Plz, lets forget about fuel subsidy and tackle the issue of insecurity and Boko Haram.
Re: Why Are Our Christian Leaders Quiet On This Fuel Subsidy Issue? by claremont(m): 2:12pm On Jan 07, 2012
A man who chooses to remain silent in the face of wickedness is not in any way different from those who perpetuate the wickedness itself.

Re: Why Are Our Christian Leaders Quiet On This Fuel Subsidy Issue? by ziccoit: 2:16pm On Jan 07, 2012
Should it be only Christian religion leaders? Anyway Pastor Tunde Bakare of SNG did.
Others are sharing out of the spoils of office, so what do they need to say?
Re: Why Are Our Christian Leaders Quiet On This Fuel Subsidy Issue? by rabzy01: 2:28pm On Jan 07, 2012
How can they speak against subsidy removal after collecting all that sum of money from GEJ. Are they not the ones that told Nigerians that this slowpoke from Niger Delta is God sent? Do you want them to eat their words? Anyway, just few months into his tenure, the man proved them wrong. After all, that shameless parasite, CAN president is behind GEJ in whatever he does. So don't expect anything from such sycophants.
Re: Why Are Our Christian Leaders Quiet On This Fuel Subsidy Issue? by ziccoit: 2:30pm On Jan 07, 2012
Rich4god:

Plz, lets forget about fuel subsidy and tackle the issue of insecurity and Boko Haram.
Forget to mention BH is a product of social injustice and removing the oil subsidy is a social injustice.
Re: Why Are Our Christian Leaders Quiet On This Fuel Subsidy Issue? by rabzy01: 2:32pm On Jan 07, 2012
Should it be only Christian religion leaders?

You see am? No be them campaing for am?
Re: Why Are Our Christian Leaders Quiet On This Fuel Subsidy Issue? by rabzy01: 2:42pm On Jan 07, 2012

NO. We tackle them both.
Re: Why Are Our Christian Leaders Quiet On This Fuel Subsidy Issue? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jan 07, 2012
i read d phrophesies of adeboye*no mention olf this increase*
Re: Why Are Our Christian Leaders Quiet On This Fuel Subsidy Issue? by dare2think: 3:25pm On Jan 07, 2012
^^^^^^^

Lol.

They dont see things like that!!!!!

Charlatans.
Re: Why Are Our Christian Leaders Quiet On This Fuel Subsidy Issue? by Kolababa: 3:41pm On Jan 07, 2012
When Bakare led the SNG in protest, the same pple on this forum critisized him of derailing.
Re: Why Are Our Christian Leaders Quiet On This Fuel Subsidy Issue? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 07, 2012
Pastor Sam Adeyemi is totally against the removal of the subsidy @ this time.He talked about it yesterday in church and enjoined us to protest but that it should be peaceful.
Re: Why Are Our Christian Leaders Quiet On This Fuel Subsidy Issue? by us4naija: 4:08pm On Jan 07, 2012
Maybe they have all the facts and agree with FG for removal, I understand pple being angry but they are protesting the wrong issue, Focus the protest on what the FG will do with the subsiy savings, It should have been put in place in the first place, As far as apastor being quite on subsidy I think BH takes more precedence, the fuel subisdy removal hasnt killed anyone but BH has, Wake Up
Re: Why Are Our Christian Leaders Quiet On This Fuel Subsidy Issue? by kizito96(m): 4:09pm On Jan 07, 2012
They are still mourning their loss to Boko Haram on Christmas Eve
Re: Why Are Our Christian Leaders Quiet On This Fuel Subsidy Issue? by tit(f): 4:24pm On Jan 07, 2012
why should we single out 'christian' leaders for criticism over govt policy?
what makes some of you think all chistian 'leaders' voted for GEJ?
what of muslim leaders?
are some of them not pdp members? did some of them not vote for GEJ?

the amount of cyber warfare going on is getting alarming.
i doubt the starter of this thread 'pastor kun' is a christian.

be as gentle as a dove, and as wise as a serpent.
Re: Why Are Our Christian Leaders Quiet On This Fuel Subsidy Issue? by mbulela: 4:41pm On Jan 07, 2012
@OP, because they are not 'area boy' pastors like Tunde Bakare.
They are too refined for such.
Re: Why Are Our Christian Leaders Quiet On This Fuel Subsidy Issue? by AmeboAjela(f): 5:06pm On Jan 07, 2012
There you go again! Somebody raised an important question and instead of asnwering it some people are defending or trying to ignore the real question here.

1. FACT! Martin Luther King was a Pastor

2. FACT! Martin Luther King led a protest to better the lives of African Americans

3. FACT! Obama is a beneficiary of the protest led by Mathin Luther King.

So when some of you Nigerians are really tired of suffering and being oppressed by a very few, you wont mind whether it's your pastor, bishop or Imam that leads a National protest to leberate you. All you will be concerned about is for a man with clouth and huge following to lead that protest. For now I take it that you are still enjoying and not suffering. So keep enjoying you Oil rich land grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Our Christian Leaders Quiet On This Fuel Subsidy Issue? by kaykaybaba(m): 5:16pm On Jan 07, 2012
AmeboAjela:

So when some of you Nigerians are really tired of suffering and being oppressed by a very few, you wont mind whether it's your pastor, bishop or Imam that leads a National protest to leberate you.

@ameboajela what do you mean by 'you Nigerians' exactly? Thanks for your facts. OP has not yet answered my question though: What are YOU doing about the crises on ground? All I see so far is ranting on the internet. I'll repeat: the 'pastor' in front of your username is a misnomer.
Re: Why Are Our Christian Leaders Quiet On This Fuel Subsidy Issue? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jan 07, 2012
kaykaybaba:

@ameboajela what do you mean by 'you Nigerians' exactly? Thanks for your facts. OP has not yet answered my question though: What are YOU doing about the crises on ground? All I see so far is ranting on the internet. I'll repeat: the 'pastor' in front of your username is a misnomer.
How do you mean?

aletheia:

^
Actually MLK was not a good example of a Christian. He was a good orator and civil rights leader however.
^
This is what the church should be doing not sending people out into the streets to protest or demonstrate.

MLK was not a good example of a Christian? Could you give a list of good Christians you know?

Religion is a hell of a drug,

frosbel:

Jesus would have caused a revolution against SIN and GREED. I stop here !
So what the government is doing is not greed? Are Christian works only done from the pulpit?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meaning Of "No One Is Good Except God Alone" / Another Warning By Kingsley Ubani - Is This Revelation Real? / Vocalize Your Faith - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.