Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,378 members, 7,800,760 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

Travel Alert:Union Strike-Nigeria Airspace To Close At 12am On Sunday 8th Of Jan - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travel Alert:Union Strike-Nigeria Airspace To Close At 12am On Sunday 8th Of Jan (3746 Views)

Travel Alert - New Measures For Ebola In Zambia / My Experience In Port-harcourt Airspace & Airport Today / Travel Alert To Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Travel Alert:Union Strike-Nigeria Airspace To Close At 12am On Sunday 8th Of Jan by OmoTier1(m): 8:06pm On Jan 08, 2012
obowunmi:

We understand that Arik Air, British Airways, Virgin Atlantic KLM, Lufthansa and Ethiopian Airline plan to operate a normal international service on Monday.

The Nigerian government has reported that the airport in Abuja will open and operate as normal on Monday,

Strike my foot. angry angry angry angry angry angry
FG is the least I would trust on this matter! FG can rant, when the airports are shut out, passengers stranded, you would not find anybody to come to your rescue. If you want to know if flights would depart from Nigeria tomorrow on international routes, use 'Sky Scanner' to see if most of the airlines that normally fly into Lagos are using large aircraft on their 'inbound' flight. If not, that would give an indication that they are 70% sure they won't fly out of Lagos and are likely going to divert that plane to a neighbouring country for a shorthaul journey.

I will make contacts tonight and post any updates here.
Re: Travel Alert:Union Strike-Nigeria Airspace To Close At 12am On Sunday 8th Of Jan by obowunmi(m): 8:07pm On Jan 08, 2012
You are appreciated sir! Thank you!
Re: Travel Alert:Union Strike-Nigeria Airspace To Close At 12am On Sunday 8th Of Jan by obowunmi(m): 11:30am On Jan 09, 2012
I'm told its business as usual. Planes flying in and out.
Re: Travel Alert:Union Strike-Nigeria Airspace To Close At 12am On Sunday 8th Of Jan by imperiouxx(m): 11:47am On Jan 09, 2012
^^^ No single flying object passes over my house near MMA since the day breaks.
Re: Travel Alert:Union Strike-Nigeria Airspace To Close At 12am On Sunday 8th Of Jan by blank(f): 12:31pm On Jan 09, 2012
No flights. Na wahala o.
Re: Travel Alert:Union Strike-Nigeria Airspace To Close At 12am On Sunday 8th Of Jan by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jan 10, 2012
NA
Re: Travel Alert:Union Strike-Nigeria Airspace To Close At 12am On Sunday 8th Of Jan by imperiouxx(m): 3:56pm On Jan 10, 2012
^^^ they should be leaving ooo I got deadline close to meet up.
Re: Travel Alert:Union Strike-Nigeria Airspace To Close At 12am On Sunday 8th Of Jan by blank(f): 6:22pm On Jan 10, 2012
Flights are arriving don't know about departing but if d ait news report is anything to go by, d flights are not departing. They stopped them from boarding. International flights o. Domestic are grounded.
Re: Travel Alert:Union Strike-Nigeria Airspace To Close At 12am On Sunday 8th Of Jan by imperiouxx(m): 12:07am On Jan 11, 2012
Yes, I saw international planes leaving MMA this midnight and I was told by a friend that BA and lufthansa said they leave at night and early in the morning.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians In Germany / Schengen Visa Refusal ! / Help! Passport Issue Is Making Me Dejected!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.