Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,466 members, 7,801,180 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:00 PM

Boko Haram Base Found In North Cameroun! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Base Found In North Cameroun! (20952 Views)

Niger Air Force Bombs Boko Haram Base, Arrests 20 / Army Blockades Boko Haram Base / Nigeria Soldiers Sealed Up Cameroon Border, Surronds Boko Haram Base in Krenuwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Base Found In North Cameroun! by Beaf: 3:48pm On Jan 07, 2012
[size=14pt]Boko Haram Hideout Uncovered in Northern Cameroon![/size]
Wednesday, January 04, 2012
By Divine Ntaryike Jr
On New Year’s Eve, the Nigerian government temporarily shut down its land boundaries with Cameroon, Chad and Niger as a means of impeding crossborder activities by militants of the radical Islamic terrorist group, the Boko Haram.

And while the impacts of that decision are only beginning to be felt in Cameroon’s predominantly Muslim northern regions, with reports of rising fuel prices and stranded traders, authorities there are almost certain they have blown the cover on a Boko Haram refuge.

Reports indicate that members of the extremist group are increasingly present in Lagdo, a cosmopolitan settlement in the North Region, following calls for vigilance by local administrative authorities in the regional headquarters Garoua.

“They are easily identifiable with their bizarre dressing.  They wear long beards and red or black headscarves,” Peter Kum, a reporter with the French language daily, La Nouvelle Expression reported Tuesday, January 3.  According to him, since several months Lagdo locals have testified that the strangers are combing surrounding villages and actively preaching anti-Western sermons, establishing units and proposing huge amounts of money to those willing to follow them.

Presiding at a December 15 security coordination conclave devoted to maintaining peace and order before, during and after the 2011 end-of-year festive period, the Governor of the North Region, El HadjGambo Haman did not mince words.  He instructed security forces to be on the alert, noting the increasing influx and presence of Boko Haram militants in parts of the region.

“The Boko Haram being chased from Nigeria’s northeast, as well as thousands of runaway Chadian soldiers in irregular situation here must be closely monitored to avoid unwanted trouble throughout the national territory,” he warned.  Separate sources suspect that the presence of the extremist Boko Haram militants has soared steadily following increasing clampdowns on them by the Nigerian government especially following the Christmas Day blasts that left close to fifty dead.

Security sources and administrative officials in the North Region, speaking on condition of anonymity, say for the time being, there is no need to panic.  They are claiming that intensified intelligence monitoring implies the activities of the terrorists are under control.  “We cannot begin to arrest suspects because the law does not allow for that.  At the moment, they are not breaking the law,” one said.

Following the fatal Christmas Day attacks in Nigeria claimed by the group, authorities in Cameroon’s Far North Region, which also shares porous borders with Nigeria, have also reinforced surveillance.  Several Quran learning centers have been reportedly shut down, while Islam teachers are being closely watched by intelligence operatives.  Many of them are grumbling following several interrogations they have been put through.

http://www.thepostwebedition.com/Content.aspx?ModuleID=1&ItemID=7385
Re: Boko Haram Base Found In North Cameroun! by nduchucks: 3:57pm On Jan 07, 2012
@OP, Don't expect a clueless Commander-In-Chief who is unable to take decisive actions against ordinary thugs at home to engage these terrorists in Cameroon.
Re: Boko Haram Base Found In North Cameroun! by Pukkah: 4:01pm On Jan 07, 2012
I wish and hope that this is true but time will tell. Soon enough, we'll KNOW the veracity of this claim.
Re: Boko Haram Base Found In North Cameroun! by Akwasi(m): 4:09pm On Jan 07, 2012
So internal wrangling is not enough for you and want to drag Cameron into your problems?
Re: Boko Haram Base Found In North Cameroun! by Beaf: 4:10pm On Jan 07, 2012
Akwasi:

So internal wrangling is not enough for you and want to drag Cameron into your problems?

You are a heartless fool who has been using the blood of the innocent to promote your blog. I hope the govt has eyes on you.
Re: Boko Haram Base Found In North Cameroun! by Beaf: 4:13pm On Jan 07, 2012
ndu_chucks:

@OP, Don't expect a clueless Commander-In-Chief who is unable to take decisive actions against ordinary thugs at home to engage these terrorists in Cameroon.

Continue to be afraid. Your daily drink of innocent blood will come to a jarring end. The noose is closing, so dude, get desperate.
Re: Boko Haram Base Found In North Cameroun! by Arosa(m): 4:14pm On Jan 07, 2012
Akwasi:

We need to smoke boko haram out, wherever they may hide.
Re: Boko Haram Base Found In North Cameroun! by iswell1(m): 4:14pm On Jan 07, 2012
beaf is this is true that mean our govt has to do something about it fast
Re: Boko Haram Base Found In North Cameroun! by EkoIle1: 4:23pm On Jan 07, 2012
What a bogus and meaningless story.
Re: Boko Haram Base Found In North Cameroun! by dustydee: 4:34pm On Jan 07, 2012
Beaf please stop wasting my time in reading wrongly captioned posts.
Re: Boko Haram Base Found In North Cameroun! by Akwasi(m): 4:58pm On Jan 07, 2012
Beaf:

You are a heartless fool who has been using the blood of the innocent to promote your blog. I hope the govt has eyes on you.

I am shocked you have not been briefed on this. The government indeed has his eyes on me but unlike most of you, I know what I am about. I will appreciate it if you could just state your point without having to insult me. You don't know me please.
Re: Boko Haram Base Found In North Cameroun! by MrGlobe(m): 5:01pm On Jan 07, 2012
The poster (beaf) is the most insincere person you have ever come across. You work for GEJ, why not tell this to him or still what is he doing abt it. Another way to divert attention from the incompetence of your slave master.
LIE!
Re: Boko Haram Base Found In North Cameroun! by iswell1(m): 5:04pm On Jan 07, 2012
beaf they,s a post someone sent in one topic, that said he is in mubi now that some B/H come from Cameroon.pls can you Begin it here so that some people will understand this your topic very well. i dint know how to do it i would Begin it here
my self.thanks.
Re: Boko Haram Base Found In North Cameroun! by iswell1(m): 5:15pm On Jan 07, 2012
sorry he said he is in adamawa that B/H migrated from Cameroon.
Re: Boko Haram Base Found In North Cameroun! by iswell1(m): 5:24pm On Jan 07, 2012
Re: Breaking News: 24 Hours Curfew Declared In Adamawa State
« #43 on: Today at 04:10:50 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am in adamawa now and i can categorically tell u dat de situation here is tensed. De more than 28 different tribes dat make up de state who are mainly christains are not happy with de migratory hausa & de fulani who migrated from cameroon for marginalising, land grabbing and oppressing them. As i speak 2 u now these tribes are waiting 4 de slightest provacation from them b4 they unleashed mayhem. I hav seen new bowls and arrow yesterday held by 1 minority tribe. My annoyance is dat de nysc has imposed inec electoral work 4 de coming election on corpers. Anyway may God help us all. Amen Amen and Amen.
Re: Boko Haram Base Found In North Cameroun! by KnowAll(m): 6:05pm On Jan 07, 2012
[size=18pt]Comments from a Cameroonian blog, the cameroonians are confident of their security apparatus, and they give me the impression that they would not give Boko Haram a breather unlike in Niaja where some of our security personnel and top politicians including judges have sympathy for Boko Haram and are urging them on in their nefarious act. Quite a good insight into other peoples view.
[/size]

Well, I hear Nigerians generally fear the gendarmes. Where are the gendarmes when we need them?

Posted By : ftroit ftroit | Jan 4 2012

what a situition.

Posted By : lusikisiki | Jan 4 2012

They know that if they try that rubbish in Cameroon, then they will taste the wrath of our Gendarmes. Worst even, we now have RAPID, which will not spare kicking them in the Bottom. Also Cameroonian's will not allow themselves to be killed for anything, so nobody will listen to Boko Harams rubbish.

Posted By : Duke A | Jan 5 2012

A warning to our authorities, they should know that a spade in time saves nine.
Re: Boko Haram Base Found In North Cameroun! by Abagworo(m): 6:32pm On Jan 07, 2012
Beaf you are a late comer on this because of your myopic thinking. I had argued with you in the past that Buhari had nothing to do with boko haram. I even mentioned Niger, Sudan and Libyan rebels as the sponsors but you were quick to claim it was Buhari and IBB.

At the end of the day, don't be surprised if we end up with Qatar and Libyan rebels as the main sponsors while Nigerians, Chadians and Sudanese are the major foot soldiers.
Re: Boko Haram Base Found In North Cameroun! by Beaf: 6:36pm On Jan 07, 2012
Abagworo:

Beaf you are a late comer on this because of your myopic thinking. I had argued with you in the past that Buhari had nothing to do with boko haram. I even mentioned Niger, Sudan and Libyan rebels as the sponsors but you were quick to claim it was Buhari and IBB.

At the end of the day, don't be surprised if we end up with Qatar and Libyan rebels as the main sponsors while Nigerians, Chadians and Sudanese are the major foot soldiers.

Buhari or anybody else can be behind boko haram, whether it is on the Moon or on Pluto. Please take your unintelligent crap elsewhere and stop trying to divert our attention to daft frivolities.
Re: Boko Haram Base Found In North Cameroun! by Chyz2: 6:36pm On Jan 07, 2012
Beaf, i dey laugh at you. grin
Re: Boko Haram Base Found In North Cameroun! by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 07, 2012
Pls am I the only one confused here? Geographically, where is Cameroun located?

Boko Haram, Mend, GEJ all have same sponsors. The country is suffering from an internal PDP struggle. Not a North/South struggle, but a 'who must get power' struggle. The party had a zoning agreement and GEJouncr broke it.

These men are evil and realise Nigerians are driven heavily by sentiments (through no fault of ours),

Wonder why it was GEJ not BH that bombed us on New Year?
Wonder why no one has been apprehended or sacked ever since these bombings began?
Mend supposedly blew a bomb on Oct 1. Okah didn't play. So BH was the next ideology to be hijacked.

Hard to believe?
Re: Boko Haram Base Found In North Cameroun! by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jan 07, 2012
Anything that has a begining must have an END. Boko Harmist may not have heard of the reign of Osama Bin Laden and the Al Qaeda. The END is near, pity the innocent blood that will go with them.
Re: Boko Haram Base Found In North Cameroun! by begwong: 7:13pm On Jan 07, 2012
what a the authorities waiting for with these fanatics.They should be exterminated with immeduate alacrity.BRos OBAMA ,abeg borrow them those special forces marines wey kill osama for another covert ops in cameroun!
Re: Boko Haram Base Found In North Cameroun! by ifeci: 7:15pm On Jan 07, 2012
What a misleading thread based on inconclusive speculation
Re: Boko Haram Base Found In North Cameroun! by zumbigbo(m): 7:18pm On Jan 07, 2012
'Following the fatal Christmas Day attacks in Nigeria claimed by the group, authorities in Cameroon’s Far North Region, which also shares porous borders with Nigeria, have also reinforced surveillance.  Several Quran learning centers have been reportedly shut down, while Islam teachers are being closely watched by intelligence operatives.  Many of them are grumbling following several interrogations they have been put through'

The authorities have moved quickly as they know the seed of discontent is often communicated through the mosques. If this happened in Nigeria, it would make the Rwanda carnage look like a kids' wrestling bout. The socio-political destabilisation in Chad/Niger and Libya has affected us greatly as our leadership vacuum has proved ripe for skullduggery.
Re: Boko Haram Base Found In North Cameroun! by iykak47: 7:20pm On Jan 07, 2012
some people can't just face the topic without calling beaf, it does not make sense.
i dont know if beaf snatch their wives.
Re: Boko Haram Base Found In North Cameroun! by dayokanu(m): 7:22pm On Jan 07, 2012
First they said it was Northern clerics supporting them ,

During PDP primaries they claimed it was Atiku, IBB and other GEJ opponents sponsoring them

During and after elections they claimed it was Buhari sponsoring them

Recently the same people alluded that it was the Sultan supporting them

Today its that they are from Cameroun

Maybe tommorow when Fashola criticize govt it would be said that Fashola is Boko Harams sponsor

When would the govt own up to the truth we all know about Boko haram

When Timipre Sylva governor of Bayelsa claims he would unleash Boko Haram doesnt common sense tell you that he is one of those controlling them?
Re: Boko Haram Base Found In North Cameroun! by ifeci: 7:24pm On Jan 07, 2012
some people can't just face the topic without calling beaf, it does not make sense.
i dont know if beaf snatch their wives.

^^^ who posted the topic? a. u b. me c. beaf
Re: Boko Haram Base Found In North Cameroun! by OmoTier1(m): 7:30pm On Jan 07, 2012
so the beaf of a COWARD is no longer believing that Buhari is the commander in chief of Boko Haram
Re: Boko Haram Base Found In North Cameroun! by MrWhy1(m): 7:37pm On Jan 07, 2012
Nigerians Unite. Time to put political affiliations and wranglings aside.

Invade Kameroon Now!!!!!!!!

Up Hail Naija, the Super Power of West Africa.
Re: Boko Haram Base Found In North Cameroun! by fasa2020(m): 7:38pm On Jan 07, 2012
anyone confirmed this yet?hope it's real sha
Re: Boko Haram Base Found In North Cameroun! by VoodooDoll(m): 7:38pm On Jan 07, 2012
*walks in, looks at thread, walks out. "Let us know when a BIG shot and his cronies have been captured or killed". cool
Re: Boko Haram Base Found In North Cameroun! by monkeyleg: 7:42pm On Jan 07, 2012
Beaf, my Delta brother, this na 2012. I think say you don leave this thing behind. Talk your mind, no cuss person join. U know say for Warri ,man wey no fit talk im mind complete, carry cuss join am, na woman wrapper we dey call dem.

Make we leave all this cuss-cuss for 2011, no forget say this year you dey marry wife, show maturity, you no be small boy anyomore.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aregbesola Holds Meeting With Farmers In The Bush / Fuel Scarcity: NNPCL Releases 1.9billion Litres PMS After DSS Ultimatum / Ebonyi's 30,000 Capacity International Stadium Nears Completion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.