Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

Please Nigerians Read This. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please Nigerians Read This. (787 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Xmas Message To Nigerians - Read / Niger Deltans, Concerned Nigerians, Read This! / Xenophobia: South Africa Sends Frightening SMS To Expatriate Nigerians [read] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Nigerians Read This. by iGuru1(m): 8:55pm On Jan 08, 2012
Can we allow ourselves to be push around always? No.
But as humans, we can work out deals or negotiate with our president, if he really mean to help by removing subsidy.
The idea is to allow subsidy removal for like 3 to 6 months and see what it does to our economy, if nothing better is done may be he will resign from office, else he continues.

You know the saying nothing good comes easy, pls Nigerians lets not be fool by the house of assembly emergency meetings and the out come of it. They are all old fools that has never being to the ghetto.
Well, if we give grace to him and make this sacrifice, it might be a good idea, else if they reduce this price of fuel, we might end up not getting anything out from this dude.

If you have been to lagos recently compare it with the lagos of last 4years, but you know the sacrifice that was made. Who enjoy it now, the lagosians.
Pls let just help and make Nigeria a better place to live.

Cheers.
Re: Please Nigerians Read This. by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 08, 2012
How much did you collect?oloshi
Re: Please Nigerians Read This. by efisher(m): 9:08pm On Jan 08, 2012
A lot of us are too selfish to think of our own future. We prefer to eat everything we have now and leave nothing for our children to eat. Right from the top to the bottom. The executives waste money as though there is an unlimited source somewhere. The legislators vote billions into their own accounts with reckless abandon. The masses struggle to grab at the "national cake" by every means possible. Whenever someone with a genuine plan to stop the madness appears on the scene, every weapon is unleashed to pull such person down. It's a pity we have found ourselves where we are today but it seems we are not even ready for change.
Re: Please Nigerians Read This. by Beaf: 9:12pm On Jan 08, 2012
olas2u:

Those who attack others such senseless accusations, must be doing so because they themselves are paid and they think others must be the same.
Sir, get someone to pay you to buy a brain so you can actually contribute value to NL threads.
Thank you.
Re: Please Nigerians Read This. by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jan 08, 2012
Beaf:

Those who attack others such senseless accusations, must be doing so because they themselves are paid and they think others must be the same.
Sir, get someone to pay you to buy a brain so you can actually contribute value to NL threads.
Thank you.

You are mad.Rent seeker.I have read you many times,you dont have anything doing except government.
Re: Please Nigerians Read This. by iGuru1(m): 9:45pm On Jan 08, 2012
olas2u:

man, i feel your pain, but sitting in nl to embarass people will never stop them from looting our head earn cash and resource.
Even if there is subsidy or not that can not stop corruption.
@olas2u, if u have been to lagos u might have heard or seen how it looks.

One love
Re: Please Nigerians Read This. by aljharem(m): 9:48pm On Jan 08, 2012
It seems after all the talk, shouting, teaching, lecture, protest, educating, directing, etc people are doing, some people still don't know why people are angry

1. Yes the system/ government is corrupt. In fact the country is teeming in corruption

2. Yes subsidy has to go and everyone supports the FG for that

3. Before the removal of subsidy, build our refinery so we would not have this same issue in the future. If we have our refineries working, we would not be paying subsidy to anyone and we can control the prices of our crude oil as a Nation.

4. Before removal of subsidy , CUT THE COST OF GOVERANCE not just by 25% because the bulk of the money made in government is not through salaries but be over PRICED projects. An average senator in Nigeria collects more than Obama the american president.

5. Now remove subsidy.

Other things people are protesting for because it was a build up of anger since 1970 and this was the opportunity for a revolution are

1. protest against corruption and the arrest of these people

2. protest against boko haram and killing of Christians/igbos

3. protest against the NEGLIGENT of the Niger-delta

4. Building of the Niger Bridge. Must the bridge collapse before we maintain and build the next ? Since we can save lives, why not do it now.

Now what is the point of thinking ahead when there is still corruption and non-accountability in the government ?

What is the point of thinking ahead when the next administration would tell us about removal of subsidy again ?

IS THINKING AHEAD NOT BUILDING OF REFINERIES ?

Is thinking ahead not protesting against corruption ?

In Nigeria today, we have No light, No security, No shelter, No good roads, No good water, No refinery even though we are oil producing, Total neglect of infrastructure, Total neglect of the Niger-delta, Total neglect of the Niger bridge, Total neglect of people dying in the North, Lack of accountability, Lack of credibility, Lack of industrial growth apart from Oil which the entire country is dependant on, Lack of economic growth apart from the telecommunication sector by OBJ.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would also what to use this medium to address people thinking it is an ethnic thing.

I have heard various people saying the protest is against "GEJ" "minority" and other sentimental words to describe the protest.

I would like to educate the people about the politics behind what is happening according to my understanding and I would really appreciate if I can also learn more from other posters home and abroad.

In 2010, Sanusi made speech to the House of reps (HOR) that they were thieves and they are the ones sucking Nigeria dry due to the huge sum of money paid to them monthly. The HOR shut him down and called him all sort of names.

In 2011, Sanusi during the channels debate said 1.6 trillion naira is paid to this people out of 1.8 trillion naira thus 200 billion Naira is left for development of the country.

This people are the senator, governors, HOR, HOA, chairmen and the business men that were labelled as oil benefit thieves.

Now people Imagine 200 billion left for 150 million people in 36 states out of total of 1.8 trillion Naira. Yes I am sure people would agree with me that subsidy has to go !!!!

All am doing here is to make people political aware of the situation right now and lets not forget the Iweala and the IMF factor.

Now people are NOT and I repeat NOT angry at the removal of the subsidy I mean at such rate the paying of subsidy is not sustainable. It has to go at one point or the other, either through GEJ or the next administration. Yes I respect GEJ and Sanusi for thinking ahead of time. That is very commendable but the Issues that cause the subsidy corruption are not yet addressed.

In the future the issue would come up again so what is the point ?.
Re: Please Nigerians Read This. by iGuru1(m): 10:29pm On Jan 08, 2012
Nigerians has no reason to trust this President of our because of the corruption in our government.
Every year budgets are made for projects and non are executed, but still the money will be used.
The problem we face is corruption and should be deal with squarely.

(1) (Reply)

nil / Military Cdr.to Fg:dialogue With Boko Haram / Abia State Governor Has Commissioned 17 New Buses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.