Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,905 members, 7,806,642 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:37 PM

Prophet T.b. Joshua's Kindness! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prophet T.b. Joshua's Kindness! (2403 Views)

How Pastors Receive CURSES - T.B. Joshua / Richest Pastors In Nigeria: Prophet T.b. Joshua And The Scoan Hit Back / Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prophet T.b. Joshua's Kindness! by OmoPastor(m): 11:30am On Jan 11, 2012
As i flipped through the channels, i came across the act of kindness demonstrated by Prophet T.B. Joshua and the family of Emmanuel TV as they distributed thousands of bags of rice and four million naira cash to the Association of Old People in Lagos.

I was inspired and touched by the benevolence shown to these old people; muslims, christians and all sorts of people. The money was distributed to them with the bags of rice. Each person went home with N5,000.00 naira each and two small bags of rice for the christmas and new year celebrations.

You should see how these forsaken old people were excited and full of prayers for SCOAN and Prophet T.B. Joshua. I think this is worth mentioning and very commendable. May the grace of God overflow in the Ministry of the MOG and may his coast be enlarged, he will continue to be a blessing to Nigeria and the whole world amen.

Thank you sir for listening to the Holy Spirit and doing the Word of God.

God bless you sir!
Re: Prophet T.b. Joshua's Kindness! by oloriooko(m): 1:45pm On Jan 11, 2012
This is really commendable cos i saw it too on emmanuel tv.

Those old people were really grateful. thanks to the MOG.
Re: Prophet T.b. Joshua's Kindness! by pof600: 1:46pm On Jan 11, 2012
Why do you encourage dependency on others?
Re: Prophet T.b. Joshua's Kindness! by wetu: 2:03pm On Jan 11, 2012
Mat 6:1 Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.
Mat 6:2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
Mat 6:3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:
Mat 6:4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

TB Joshua this, TB Joshua that. Is there nothing else to talk about? Is it biblical to give and blow your own trumpet? It's not! Why does he do it? To deceive even the very elect if was possible!
Re: Prophet T.b. Joshua's Kindness! by Albert708(m): 2:07pm On Jan 11, 2012
May God keep on blessing Tb Joshua and is ministry for him to keep on doing this good work he his doing in the life of the poor and the needy.

Re: Prophet T.b. Joshua's Kindness! by OmoPastor(m): 3:21pm On Jan 11, 2012
@ wetu
what is really your probs? is it the kind gesture the MOG showed to the elderly people? or the fact that he put it on his satellite channel? or that he forced people to watch him give out those things? dude, what is your hassle about?

so what is your suggestion? instead of thanking God that someone was so benevolent to share gifts with the neglected elderly people of our society, you are here passing lame judgement because you got to hear about it. you are so pathetic.

@alber708
lovely pix, men MOG is handsome ooo, see levels!!!
Re: Prophet T.b. Joshua's Kindness! by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jan 11, 2012
One requirement for these acts of kindness is that the cameras must always be present; just an observation.
Re: Prophet T.b. Joshua's Kindness! by wetu: 6:17pm On Jan 11, 2012
OmoPastor:

@ wetu
what is really your probs? is it the kind gesture the MOG showed to the elderly people? or the fact that he put it on his satellite channel? or that he forced people to watch him give out those things? dude, what is your hassle about?

so what is your suggestion? instead of thanking God that someone was so benevolent to share gifts with the neglected elderly people of our society, you are here passing lame judgement because you got to hear about it. you are so pathetic.

@alber708
lovely pix, men MOG is handsome ooo, see levels!!!

I don't think I have a problem. I just posted what Jesus said. If you have a problem with that, turn it over to Jesus. He will heal you and show you His way.

I don't have any suggestions. I cannot make suggestions. I follow Jesus and as such, I will not insult you back.
Re: Prophet T.b. Joshua's Kindness! by wetu: 6:19pm On Jan 11, 2012
phxc:

One requirement for these acts of kindness is that the cameras must always be present; just an observation.

They are acts of marketing.
Re: Prophet T.b. Joshua's Kindness! by claremont(m): 6:54pm On Jan 11, 2012
A true moral action is an altruistic action performed for its own sake, and not used as a vain attempt to proselytize a wicked and sadistic religion. From time immemorial, religion has always chosen to take advantage of the so-called downtrodden, weak, and vulnerable members of society in its sadistic attempt at glorifying itself, but alas, the enlightened members of the same society already know religion for what it really is, the opium of a hopeless and hapless people!
Re: Prophet T.b. Joshua's Kindness! by wetu: 7:44pm On Jan 11, 2012
claremont:

A true moral action is an altruistic action performed for its own sake, and not used as a vain attempt to proselytize a wicked and sadistic religion. From time immemorial, religion has always chosen to take advantage of the so-called downtrodden, weak, and vulnerable members of society in its sadistic attempt at glorifying itself, but alas, the enlightened members of the same society already know religion for what it really is, the opium of a hopeless and hapless people!

You know religion, now get to know Jesus, He will show you a better way.
Re: Prophet T.b. Joshua's Kindness! by claremont(m): 9:28pm On Jan 11, 2012
^^
If the Jesus of the Bible is to be believed, his personality is much worse than the religion he proselytizes!
Re: Prophet T.b. Joshua's Kindness! by OmoPastor(m): 10:50pm On Jan 11, 2012
@ wetu
I don't think I have a problem.
i hope so!

I just posted what Jesus said.
are you sure? from the verse you quoted, seem you are misinterpreting it. what the Master was pointing out there is your MOTIVE for doing the alms. do you know the MOG's motive for doing what he did? if his motive is to get the glory of men, then, he has his reward already but if his motive is to share with the poor and put smiles on their faces, then, he also has his reward. so quit judging someone whose motives you do not know!

If you have a problem with that, turn it over to Jesus. He will heal you and show you His way.
i think you need the healing more than anyone else!

I don't have any suggestions. I cannot make suggestions.
so quit judging cos God has not appointed you as His church inspector! leave the judgement to God!!!

I follow Jesus and as such,
cannot argue with that.

I will not insult you back.
no one insulted you!!!
Re: Prophet T.b. Joshua's Kindness! by thehomer: 12:33am On Jan 12, 2012
It is of course quite easy to give away other people's money especially when one benefits from the act.
Re: Prophet T.b. Joshua's Kindness! by wetu: 11:22am On Jan 12, 2012
You said:
You are so pathetic
Mat 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

You need to spend more time in the Word and less time watching those charlatans.
Re: Prophet T.b. Joshua's Kindness! by OmoPastor(m): 6:36pm On Jan 12, 2012
@ wetu
You need to spend more time in the Word and less time watching those charlatans.

and you complained that someone insulted you?

do you even know what pathetic means? how old are you? funny enough you still are pathetic!!!

anyway, Prophet T.B. Joshua did something heaven is proud of!!!
Re: Prophet T.b. Joshua's Kindness! by charlisco(m): 8:31pm On Jan 12, 2012
@wetu
are u a christian. if yes, how do your church help the needy
Re: Prophet T.b. Joshua's Kindness! by Joagbaje(m): 9:18pm On Jan 12, 2012
wetu:

TB Joshua this, TB Joshua that. Is there nothing else to talk about? Is it biblical to give and blow your own trumpet? It's not! Why does he do it? To deceive even the very elect if was possible!

If a minister does not do charity,people will complain. If a minister does charity, people will read wrong meaning into it. Asking why he showed it grin
Nothing is wrong with Showing what you do. It depends on the motive. If the motive is to inspire others it should be applauded and emulated but if the motive is for self glory, let God judge. He is the only one who sees the motive.
Re: Prophet T.b. Joshua's Kindness! by Albert708(m): 9:32pm On Jan 12, 2012
Joagbaje:

If a minister does not do charity,people will complain. If a minister does charity, people will read wrong meaning into it. Asking why he showed it grin
Nothing is wrong with Showing what you do. It depends on the motive. If the motive is to inspire others it should be applauded and emulated but if the motive is for self glory, let God judge. He is the only one who sees the motive.

you her right,  cheesy  cheesy  cheesy why can't Nigerians just leaves this man alone an allow God to Judge him,
Re: Prophet T.b. Joshua's Kindness! by wetu: 8:08am On Jan 13, 2012
OmoPastor:

@ wetu
and you complained that someone insulted you?

do you even know what pathetic means? how old are you? funny enough you still are pathetic!!!

anyway, Prophet T.B. Joshua did something heaven is proud of!!!

Heaven is proud of false prophets? hahaha.
You have a habit of calling people morons and all sorts of things on this forum. You should seriously consider toning it down.
Re: Prophet T.b. Joshua's Kindness! by brentkruge: 10:17am On Jan 13, 2012
I would rather TB Joshua's Church set up a big skills acquisition center that will teach thousands a year skills with seed money they will need to survive.

Giving handouts is not it cos within one week these guys will be broke again and will come back to the church for more hand outs. Wait a minute, I hope this is not the plan shocked
Re: Prophet T.b. Joshua's Kindness! by wetu: 11:57am On Jan 13, 2012
charlisco:

@wetu
are u a christian. if yes, how do your church help the needy

Are you a Christian? Do you have a Bible? Read Matthew 6:1-4
Re: Prophet T.b. Joshua's Kindness! by oloriooko(m): 12:02pm On Jan 13, 2012
@ brentkruge
I would rather TB Joshua's Church set up a big skills acquisition center that will teach thousands a year skills with seed money they will need to survive.  
Giving handouts is not it cos within one week these guys will be broke again and will come back to the church for more hand outs. Wait a minute, I hope this is not the plan
i believe he has many of what you proposed already but this particular kind gesture is to celebrate Christmas and new year with the elderly, its commendable and he will reap the blessings attached to such actions.
Re: Prophet T.b. Joshua's Kindness! by wetu: 12:04pm On Jan 13, 2012
Joagbaje:

Jesus didn't talk about motives. He said don't do it to be seen.

Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.
The only reason why cameras of TB Joshua would follow TB Joshua when he gives is because he wants it to be recorded on TV, to be aired on TV, to be seen. If there was no motive to be seen, the cameras would not be there.

Mat 6:4  That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.
It's very clear that TB Joshua's giving was never meant to be a secret.

Jesus said "Your giving must be in secret", now you want to change it to "your motives must be pure". Nay, that must be another "higher revelation" and every Christian must reject it (Galatians 1:cool
Re: Prophet T.b. Joshua's Kindness! by oloriooko(m): 12:08pm On Jan 13, 2012
@ wetu
Heaven is proud of false prophets? hahaha.
you are blowing your tops off for being called pathetic (which i think you are!) but you have the audacity to name someone false prophet?!?!

this guy is a kid!!! who is very religious and quick to quote verses he has no clue about!!! or has God appointed you as a church inspector who knows and picks true and false prophets? leave the man alone, if you cannot match what he is doing, what basis do you have to criticize him?  
Re: Prophet T.b. Joshua's Kindness! by wetu: 1:37pm On Jan 13, 2012
oloriooko:

@ wetu
you are blowing your tops off for being called pathetic (which i think you are!) but you have the audacity to name someone false prophet?!?!

this guy is a kid!!! who is very religious and quick to quote verses he has no clue about!!! or has God appointed you as a church inspector who knows and picks true and false prophets? leave the man alone, if you cannot match what he is doing, what basis do you have to criticize him?  

You are in the same category with your friend. You call people idiots on this forum. That is not Christianity. But I understand why you are attacking me personally, it is because you cannot attack what I say because I am quoting the Lord Jesus Christ and not some random guy who claims to be a prophet. Again let me remind you:
Mat 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

I did not attack TB Joshua personally, just pointed out that what he is doing is not according to the scriptures. And if a man claims to be a prophet, it is not wrong to call him out to be a false prophet if you think he is one.
Rev 2:2 I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:

Did the Lord say "You waited for me to show you that they are false apostles"? No! He said "You tried them".

You must desist from personal attacks.

I thank you for listening and that is my last word. He that hath an ear let him hear.
Re: Prophet T.b. Joshua's Kindness! by oloriooko(m): 7:10pm On Jan 13, 2012
@ wetu
You call people idiots on this forum.
who did? please show it.

But I understand why you are attacking me personally
nobody attacked you personally cos you are defined by what you say!

I am quoting the Lord Jesus Christ
are you sure?

and not some random guy who claims to be a prophet.
do you think you are qualified to say this?

but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
i think this applies more to you than anyone else!

I did not attack TB Joshua personally
but you called him a false prophet!!!

just pointed out that what he is doing is not according to the scriptures.
you mean the scriptures you have wrongly interpreted

And if a man claims to be a prophet, it is not wrong to call him out to be a false prophet if you think he is one.
since when did your thoughts become yardstick for measurement in the kingdom? keep your so called thoughts to your self cos they are wrong!

thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:
did he call himself an apostle? even if he did, how did you try him to come to the conclusion that he is a liar?

You must desist from personal attacks.
good advise for you!

I thank you for listening and that is my last word. He that hath an ear let him hear.
good riddance, you that hath an ear will hear!!!
Re: Prophet T.b. Joshua's Kindness! by wetu: 9:31pm On Jan 13, 2012
stop shouting.
Re: Prophet T.b. Joshua's Kindness! by OmoPastor(m): 10:19pm On Jan 13, 2012
@ wetu
stop shouting.
thought you had your last word undecided angry undecided angry
make up your mind kid grin grin grin
Re: Prophet T.b. Joshua's Kindness! by Joagbaje(m): 5:55am On Jan 14, 2012
wetu:

Jesus didn't talk about motives. He said don't do it to be seen.

that's my point! . If you do it for the intention of being seen,or to be praised , if that's your reason for doing it .that's a motive. To be praised by men.

Matthew 6:2
2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets,
that they may have glory of men. .

If Having the glory of men is the motive,then it's carnal. God is not against public giving. Most givings in the bible are public. It depends on who gets the glory.

Matthew 5:16
16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Psalms 22:25
25 My praise shall be of thee in the great congregation:I will pay my vows before them that fear him.
Re: Prophet T.b. Joshua's Kindness! by newmi(m): 7:00am On Jan 14, 2012
pof600:

Why do you encourage dependency on others?
it is not a case of "encouraging dependency" but rather one of reachout to the less previlleged in society on the grounds of true love.

1 Timothy 6:17-18
17 Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;
Re: Prophet T.b. Joshua's Kindness! by newmi(m): 7:09am On Jan 14, 2012
phxc:

Nice observation but don't you think that but for the cameras many people like you and l wouldn't even know that such good works were being done thus be inspired by it.
Now the cameras are for the ones we can see what about those that are done behind the scene so camera or no camera it is a laudable gesture.

(1) (2) (Reply)

666 Mark Of The Beast Preview? Nokia Plans Tattoo That Speaks To Your Phone / Occult Symbology In Music Videos / Book Of Eartum: From The Doctufos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.