Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:53 AM

Gps Enabled Cars In Nigeria? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Gps Enabled Cars In Nigeria? (1405 Views)

Swap Your Cars in a Here!!! / Abuja| Car check engine light scanner, GPS enabled. Price: N5000 / CHEAP TOKUNBO CARS IN LAGOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gps Enabled Cars In Nigeria? by naijaking1: 5:02am On Oct 08, 2007
Please can some one tell me about the availability of GPS enabled cars on Nigeria roads.

Secondly, apart from the major cities, can one expect to recieve GPS services/signals in the secondary and tertiary roads in Nigeria?
Re: Gps Enabled Cars In Nigeria? by naijaking1: 5:13pm On Oct 08, 2007
What I mean is this: are the naija roads mapped yet?

Can your GPS show you and speak to you that you're on Benin-Lagos road, you know!
Re: Gps Enabled Cars In Nigeria? by promise72(m): 6:26am On Oct 09, 2007
Good Luck. grin

Lets start small small. I just want to call somone in Naija and actually get through! Without going to someone else i can't speak their language. And yes, without wasting my phone card.

I don't know if GPS work or not, but i suggest you get down the car and ask the bread seller! cheesy
Re: Gps Enabled Cars In Nigeria? by adechuks(m): 8:06am On Oct 09, 2007
@topic,
Nigeria is still in the planning stage.
Some companies have done comprehensive mapping of the major cities in Nigeria.
so the full answer is, GPS does not work in Naija yet. You will need a human GPS to assist you (and go with you) from point A to B, or help along the road (somewhere in point C).
Re: Gps Enabled Cars In Nigeria? by eagleu: 1:43am On Oct 10, 2007
adechuks:

@topic,
Nigeria is still in the planning stage.
Some companies have done comprehensive mapping of the major cities in Nigeria.
so the full answer is, GPS does not work in Naija yet. You will need a human GPS to assist you (and go with you) from point A to B, or help along the road (somewhere in point C).

Thanks for the information, it helps with planning to visit naija.
Re: Gps Enabled Cars In Nigeria? by sultaan(m): 5:16am On Oct 10, 2007
Make you just tie one conductor on your hood and gigin! an interactive GPS.
Re: Gps Enabled Cars In Nigeria? by MaJBlige(f): 7:34am On Jan 10, 2011
mis information - try http://www.ceaser-web.com

(1) (Reply)

2003 Lexus Gs300, Toks, Fully Loaded / 2008 Escalade Sitting On Chrome. / Range Rover Sport With Full Options - Buy From Europe Direct

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.