Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,439 members, 7,781,285 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:45 AM

An Alcoholic Nurse! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / An Alcoholic Nurse! (1251 Views)

Urgent Help Needed For An Alcoholic Addict / See Picture Of The Ebola Suspected Quarantined Nurse Who Escaped To Enugu / Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Alcoholic Nurse! by Free(f): 4:32pm On Mar 15, 2006
can yall believe this , i have an aunt she a nurse rite and drinks like crazy, shes been drinking for over 13yrs now,
its just sad, she eats her food with alcohol, the thing is she never thought she was an alcoholic,

just recently my mom told me she
had a stroke back home, i don't know how shes doing but hopefully when she gets better
shes not going back to drinking,

i remember when i was little and sick most of the time she was the one that gave me a shot and i
be scared, cause i didnt know if she was drunk or not,

you would think that someone whos supposed to take care/treat others would know how to take care of
herself, how you going to tell someone not to drink when you drink all the time,

do you have a family member whos an alcoholic? if ya don't good 4 you,
Re: An Alcoholic Nurse! by Seun(m): 12:16am On Mar 24, 2006
Healthcare workers often succumb to addiction problems. Perhaps it's because of the stressful nature of their jobs.

1 Like

Re: An Alcoholic Nurse! by kimba(m): 12:01am On Apr 27, 2006
Healthcare workers often succumb to addiction problems

Yes thats right. In fact, i read about a study conducted on professionals across the world, to find out which kind of profession has the most addicts. Ex: Medical doctors were the worst smokers.

The reason they gave wasnt anything but the sheer feeling "I am a doctor, when I grow old, I can take care of myself medically, I know the drugs to use" etc, kinda mindset.
Re: An Alcoholic Nurse! by studdys(f): 12:31am On Apr 03, 2007
u all should be grateful she's not into drugs,so i guess there's still hope
u all should stick by her and i bet she'll get over dis so-called addiction,
give my love to her grin kiss cry wink smiley cheesy
Re: An Alcoholic Nurse! by busygirl(f): 1:28am On Apr 03, 2007
I think her alchohol problems has to do with depression not sure, but most likely Pray she comes out of her stroke. I feel sad about her, sad cry cry cry

(1) (Reply)

Stop Smoking Tips: 3 Stop Smoking Remedies That Really Work / Pls I Need D Cause , Symptoms And Control Of Stroke. / Ard Strike: Nigerian ‘doctors’ And Her Craze For Self Importance By Fejiro Olive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.