Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,209 members, 7,807,703 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:47 PM

Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola (14735 Views)

Graphic Photo From Yola Bomb Blast Yesterday / Top ISIS Member Arrested While Attempting To Flee To Nigeria / Photos Of Victims From Yola Market Bomb Blast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by kolexy(m): 5:33pm On Jan 12, 2012
@Olodostein thank you for hating the Yorubas. Your hatred for the Yoruba People should make you a better person.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jan 12, 2012
kolexy:

@Olodostein thank you for hating the Yorubas. Your hatred for the Yoruba People should make you a better person.

Oh sorry, they made me see them in that light. And the Aboki's too. Two major monsters that we have in Nigeriya.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by Onlytruth(m): 6:21pm On Jan 12, 2012
This is a forum, and the last time I checked, forums are for free speech. I see that some of my brothers would rather play the ostrich game and pretend that Igbo are not being killed in the North. I since crossed that bridge of doubts after seeing the names of those killed in the Madalla church bombing. They were 98% Igbo.
Whether their bodies arrive en masse or individually is irrelevant to me.
My happiness is that Igbo leaders are beginning to talk in language that shows that they get it now.
I love what Kalu and Uche Chukwumerije said. So, we are headed in the right direction. Our agitations here IS NOT IN VAIN. Our voices are very important because we need to throw up all issues that may lead to a repeat of the 1966 and our loss in the civil war. We must deal with all those issues, and make sure we are not taken unawares again.
Nigeria has refused to be fair to us. These killings are only catalysts that would force us to change the situation and ensure a brighter and safer future for our children.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jan 12, 2012
Onlytruth:

This is a forum, and the last time I checked, forums are for free speech. I see that some of my brothers would rather play the ostrich game and pretend that Igbo are not being killed in the North. I since crossed that bridge of doubts after seeing the names of those killed in the Madalla church bombing. They were 98% Igbo.
Whether their bodies arrive en masse or individually is irrelevant to me.
My happiness is that Igbo leaders are beginning to talk in language that shows that they get it now.
I love what Kalu and Uche Chukwumerije said. So, we are headed in the right direction. Our agitations here IS NOT IN VAIN. Our voices are very important because we need to throw up all issues that may lead to a repeat of the 1966 and our loss in the civil war. We must deal with all those issues, and make sure we are not taken unawares again.
Nigeria has refused to be fair to us. These killings are only catalysts that would force us to change the situation and ensure a brighter and safer future for our children.

Now you are talking! All the denials and "Yorubas are being killed too" nonsense will only embolden the killers.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by Pikephase(m): 7:31pm On Jan 12, 2012
Me thinks that the younger generations of Ibos should factor all these history and marginalization of the Ndigbo. Future investmensts should be made in Igboland, a consolidated group strategy should be used to resolve Ibo issues. There should be a general re-awakening and sensitization of Ibo consciousness across not only Nigeria bit worldwide where Ibo's are excelling. This way the Ibo's will rise against these targeted killings and marginalization. We need to employ superior startegies, tact, and timing to solve these recurrent problems.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by fyomer: 7:50pm On Jan 12, 2012
Martmore:

Its seems this guy called alj harem is enjoying the whole stuffs about killing, but remember that he who laughs last laughs better.Enjoy it while it lasts
what else do you expect from him.Angry 
referee,waiting for action,most annoying is that he pretends to stand for peace.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by saintohia: 8:05pm On Jan 12, 2012
IT SEEMS WE'VE GOTTEN TO THE HEIGHT OF INEVITABILITY B/C IT'S ONLY THE DEAD THAT STAYS DUMB.

IT'S OBVIOUS THE PRESENT NIGERIAN GOVT. STRUCTURE CAN'T PROTECT THE IGBOS, ELSE THERE'S A CONSPIRACY WE DON'T KNOW, USING THE KILLING OF PEOPLE FROM THE SOUTH (MAJORITY IGBOS) AS AN ALIBI TO ENABLE THEM ACHIEVE THEIR OBJECTIVE.

EITHER OF THE SCENARIO DOESN'T COUNT AGAIN, B/C THE PARTICLE TERMED NIGERIA NEVER EXISTED (WE ALL KNOW IS A FORCED UNION WHICH MEANS WORKING AGAINST NATURE) ,  IT'S ABOUT TIME WE TELL / TEACH THE BIRDS THE THINGS MEN DO.
[b][/b]
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by jude33084(m): 8:38pm On Jan 12, 2012
Igbos r nt unite hence any hausa dat want to learn hw to kill uses igbo man as a specimen. Imagine igbos in benin r sayin dat d edos r disturbing their daily biz when their brodas r dying up north. I pitty them.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by jude33084(m): 8:39pm On Jan 12, 2012
Igbos r nt unite hence any hausa dat want to learn hw to kill uses igbo man as a specimen. Imagine igbos in benin r sayin dat d edos r disturbing their daily biz when their brodas r dying up north. I pitty them.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by jude33084(m): 8:40pm On Jan 12, 2012
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by jude33084(m): 8:41pm On Jan 12, 2012
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by fyomer: 9:12pm On Jan 12, 2012
[quote author=alj harem (m)
[/quote]

[quote]
An average TRUE Muslim have no problem with Igbos. Yes I said
poove this

1. Boko haram are faceless people that even an politician in the north is scared of them.
cause they are secretly sponsored by most of them.

2. Boko haram is NOT A NIGERIAN CREATION but by powers that want Nigeria to start a war.

they are pure Nigerians,cause its in their blood,just that the islamist bombing around the whole world gave them more edge to break out strongly.
with GEJ as president heat up the whole issue

3. Boko haram people are not necessarily Muslims or Northern. Trust me on this.

why are Nigerians muslims so full of ignorance and stubborn?did MUTTALAB admit any of these

6. Boko haram is scared of Nigeria uniting against them thus they use this Christian factor and ethnic factor to disunite thus you see people come on NL vent their anger to Hausa or Kanuris NOT BOKO HARAM themselves. You see the logic ?

it didint start today,remember it has been their before 9/11

It seems we have become desensitised to the killing that we no long ask questions again. AS IF IT IS NORMAL.

What are our police force doing ? don't they know the southern dominated area for them to go their and protect them ?

In the south don't the police know the north dominated area for them to protect them ?

SMH for Nigeria.
maybe when GEJ appoints 1police to 1live you will be certisfied
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by Dede1(m): 9:57pm On Jan 12, 2012
The amalgam of my political philosophy towards Nigeria was shaped by the causes and battles of Nigeria/Biafra civil war. I have never and will never believe in the unity of Nigeria or the phantom known as one-Nigeria.

There are no bases for unity in Nigeria because of distinct cultural orientations among different ethnic groups that share territories within Nigeria. Ndigbo will never engage in acts of wanton destruction of lives or properties belonging to other ethnicities leaving among them in Igbo land on the pretence that rigged elections in Nigeria did not pan out according their wishes.

Even if Ndigbo jump onto reprisal attacks by killing innocent Hausa, Fulani and Kanuri who seek means of livelihood in Igboland, it will not change a thing. There have been such silly and senseless attacks and counterattacks which had resulted in lost of lives before now and yet nothing changed in Nigeria with respect to ethnic relationship as it affacts religion, culture and polity.

Any massive retaliatory measure undertaken by Ndigbo in order to settles scores with idiotic Boko Haram without creating a national boundaries between both sides shall remain a waste of time because we shall come back to it again since there will be more elections in Nigeria and definitely will not go according to the wishes of certain folks.

Based on the irreconcilable differences among ethnic groups in Nigeria, I have adamantly and resolutely concluded Nigeria’s political solution lies in the simple act of disintegration.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by pazienza(m): 10:40pm On Jan 12, 2012
Dede1:

The amalgam of my political philosophy towards Nigeria was shaped by the causes and battles of Nigeria/Biafra civil war. I have never and will never believe in the unity of Nigeria or the phantom known as one-Nigeria.

There are no bases for unity in Nigeria because of distinct cultural orientations among different ethnic groups that share territories within Nigeria. Ndigbo will never engage in acts of wanton destruction of lives or properties belonging to other ethnicities leaving among them in Igbo land on the pretence that rigged elections in Nigeria did not pan out according their wishes.

Even if Ndigbo jump onto reprisal attacks by killings innocent Hausa, Fulani and Kanuri who seek means of livelihood in Igboland, it will not change a thing. There have been such silly and senseless attacks and counterattacks which had resulted in lost of lives before now and yet nothing changed in Nigeria with respect to ethnic relationship as it affacts religion, culture and polity.

Any massive retaliatory measure undertaken by Ndigbo in order to settles scores with idiotic Boko Haram without creating a national boundaries between both sides shall remain a waste if time because we shall come back to it again since there will be more elections in Nigeria and definitely will not go according to the wishes of certain folks.

Based on the irreconcilable differences among ethnic groups in Nigeria, I have adamantly and resolutely concluded Nigeria’s political solution lies in the simple act of disintegration.

THANKS
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by princeonx: 1:30am On Jan 13, 2012
I am so sick and tired of hearing people talk about GEJ/security in Nigeria, and igbos in the north. What f.uc.kn security are you guys talking about? Or is this Nigeria different from the one i know? Is it not this same Nigeria where forces/police rob or shot people for bribe? For heaven sake let's tell ourselves the truth, we igbos have sold our conscience and sacrifice or rather traded our liefs for money. I bet you fellow igbos, if any other tribes are treated the way we Igbos are treated in the north all this long they'll have sold off whatever it is they have bellow normal prices and relocate. Some of you claim they were on their way out! Do they (4 igbo men) and you really think they'll be spared if seen leaving after the given timeframe? We should do the right thing for once and stop waiting for gej or the so called Nigeria security which only you guys know cux I don't and I also know it doesn't/never existed! Security my a55! Do you think gej will be riding in some N280m? bullet proof car if he can provide security for his ownself? Why sit there, cross your hand/legs and cry gej everyday? What happen to self defense if you guys must stay in the north? Why can't you protect yourself/properties or leave if you guys/all cant instead of waiting on the government which we obviously don't have? So guys, we can sit here all day and cry gej, Hausa/north, BH and co all we want! None but ourselves can free our own mind. We can also give Ojukwu all the credit we want but 1966 was a mistake! Big mistake!! And to the best of my knowledge, an average Igbo love life and money 5times morethan anyother tribe in Nigeria and 10times an average Hausaman so let's drop those war drums cux we both know we ain't going to do 5#it! We (igbos) cried/still crying morethan anybody else that stayed home just this 4 days of strike not to talk of war for months or years! We've endured 20times what it take a man to pick up arm but we didn't! So why not take the money we love so much and the life we love just a little and go somewhere else?
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by Tabon: 7:25am On Jan 13, 2012
emmke,why are u blaming Gej? Is he a magician or a spirit? He has put security measures in place to be implemented by security operative and they are also trying their best. Security is the responsibility of everybody. Have u ever reported any suspicious person to d police? Why blame Gej. Pls Gej is not God.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by CyberG: 7:34am On Jan 13, 2012
Dede1:

Even if Ndigbo jump onto reprisal attacks by killings innocent Hausa, Fulani and Kanuri who seek means of livelihood in Igboland, it will not change a thing. There have been such silly and senseless attacks and counterattacks which had resulted in lost of lives before now and yet nothing changed in Nigeria with respect to ethnic relationship as it affacts religion, culture and polity.

Any massive retaliatory measure undertaken by Ndigbo in order to settles scores with idiotic Boko Haram without creating a national boundaries between both sides shall remain a waste if time because we shall come back to it again since there will be more elections in Nigeria and definitely will not go according to the wishes of certain folks.

Dede. . . it's your nemesis calling! tongue tongue grin grin I gave a suggestion and you extremist folks say I am not "Igbo" enough, I should confirm my tribe, etc? Okay, no problem. On this same NL, you people have upped the ante on war and violence and while I and others tried to speak objectively, you are the leader of the tribal fight. Well, the war you have been calling for is now nigh and the gauntlet has been thrown, so pick it up and I want to see you lead from the FRONT! You will now see that war is not a piece of cake and the violence will far exceed 1967-1970. I don't want to give more advice because I know it will only end-up with you and your marauding tribal warriors abusing and insulting every contrary opinion.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by lastpage: 11:52am On Jan 13, 2012
Evil is Evil. My heart goes to the bereaved families.

Alj harem: Call your people to call these people to order, 
Lets stop these pretense that "most" Boko Haram are not Nigerians or not Northerners!
[size=14pt]You are a good man but they say "Evil thrives when good men DO NOTHING".
[/size]
Sensitize other good Northerners
to impress it on their leaders, Mosque Leaders and respected people in that domain to make it a duty to "Inform and orientate" Northerners in general to:

1.) Know that killing of innocent people to send a political message is evil

2.) Mosques Imams should say it candidly and openly at Friday and morning Prayers that protecting strangers amongst you is the wish of Allah and the prophets (or is that not what is in the Quaran?). Church/Muslim leaders in the East and South should also follow suit.

3.) They should denounce violence, expose suspected killers (by whatever organisation they represent) of innocent Igbos/Southerners in the north

4.) Tell all Northerners to "openly protect" Southerners/Christians in their midst, as a confidence building measure.

We protect Northerners in the South, We have no issues with Muslims or Christians (we are all the same brothers sef!), it should be so as well in the North.

It will not be good for all of us, if we allow this thing to get out of hand BY DOING NOTHING!

As for GEJ, he is just completely overwhelmed by the situation, aside that [b]this Presidential JOB is above his I.Q! He cant handle it at all[/b], walahi!

But we recognize the fact that his Deputy is also a Northerner and just maybe, his downfall is to the benefit of "the North" (reason why most people will agree that it is the Northerners stoking all these security problems for him, to achieve Power Shift?) thus, most people will not even buy the idea that he is incapable.
Thus only "the Northerners" can solve this problem, for their own and everyone's benefit!
If they dont act, they are damned either way! (I mean in terms of reprisals from other parts of the country if they dont act AND if the do, those who want to usurp GEJ's position will see hem as acting against the Northern interest!) wink wink lipsrsealed

Relax, just thinking out aloud.

Cheers,

Lastpage

BTW: I dont want to add fuel to fire but l will repeat this quote by a NL
we igbos have sold our conscience and sacrifice or rather traded our lives for money. I bet you fellow igbos, if any other tribes are treated the way we Igbos are treated in the north all this long they'll have sold off whatever it is they have bellow normal prices and relocate.
Igbos must look inwards henceforth. Putting all your eggs in foreign lands simply because there "appears" to be easy money to be made, has consequences, especially in an unstable environment like Nigeria!
I be Yorobo, l don talk my own o! lipsrsealed
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by Raxxye(m): 12:39pm On Jan 13, 2012
@ alj harem.
I see u are catching ur fun from watching ur people slaughter innocent people who neither fought them, stole from them nor did them any wrong. And u feel u‘re very safe n unreachable. Don‘t worry, it will catch up with u, and I pray it happens not to u, but to ur close family member so that u‘ll hv d opportunity to regret ur wickedness.
I am not Igbo, but I will not join issues with senseless and mindless people like u who hv no value for human life.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by Dede1(m): 1:25pm On Jan 13, 2012
CyberG:

Dede. . . it's your nemesis calling! tongue tongue grin grin I gave a suggestion and you extremist folks say I am not "Igbo" enough, I should confirm my tribe, etc? Okay, no problem. On this same NL, you people have upped the ante on war and violence and while I and others tried to speak objectively, you are the leader of the tribal fight. Well, the war you have been calling for is now nigh and the gauntlet has been thrown, so pick it up and I want to see you lead from the FRONT! You will now see that war is not a piece of cake and the violence will far exceed 1967-1970. I don't want to give more advice because I know it will only end-up with you and your marauding tribal warriors abusing and insulting every contrary opinion.

I am not yet sold on the current political shenanigans in Nigeria instigated by those who felt they have been wrongly robbed through the election of GEJ to presidency. From your clone of erroneously self-acclaimed military expertise, I believe you did not suggest commencement of a shooting war because goons in your social class have decided to breach the public peace in Nigeria. Ndigbo do not need the advice of a punk who can hardly differentiate child’s play from shooting war. smiley smiley smiley grin grin

If you beat the drum of war simply because of a hike in price of fuel in Nigeria, I am afraid you still think violence as a form of war is likened to “operation watie”.

I have fought in one war already and would not mind another. smiley smiley smiley I say without doubts that any current war in Nigeria will be as violent or exceed the 1967-1970 attrition but it will be short-lived because many sections of Nigeria have grown few senses they lacked in 1967. grin grin
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by manosteel(m): 2:36pm On Jan 13, 2012
It is this type of killing that precipitated the civil war. How many Ibo leaders are voicing out? Ibos will surely miss Ikemba.

Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by nagoma(m): 3:45pm On Jan 13, 2012
The late President Yar'adua was able to disarm the bigger, richer,, more sophisticated, more heavily armed, sectionally supported Niger Delta insurgency group without recourse to any external powers. But Azazi is now giving an open invitation for a foreign country to come and occupy Nigeria.Boko Haram are deliberately presented as the idea of the whole northern peoples or the whole northern Muslims and not viewed as the criminal group and terrorists that they are - Breaking the laws of Nigeria with impunity.
This expensive and cruel charade in my view, is a planned chaos to dismantle the country, and Ibo's may think they are a pawn in the game but they are not the only ones. angry
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by Raxxye(m): 6:24pm On Jan 13, 2012
nagoma:

The late President Yar'adua was able to disarm the bigger, richer,, more sophisticated, more heavily armed, sectionally supported Niger Delta insurgency group without recourse to any external powers. But Azazi is now giving an open invitation for a foreign country to come and occupy Nigeria.Boko Haram are deliberately presented as the idea of the whole northern peoples or the whole northern Muslims and not viewed as the criminal group and terrorists that they are - Breaking the laws of Nigeria with impunity.
This expensive and cruel charade in my view, is a planned chaos to dismantle the country, and Ibo's may think they are a pawn in the game but they are not the only ones. angry

And why, in your own opinion, is it the northern muslims that have made themselves available to be used by in this chaos against their own country men?
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by nagoma(m): 10:08pm On Jan 13, 2012
@Rexxye
Criminals can be anywhere, big crimes as killings and terrorism and small crimes as pick pocket and mobile phone snatching. The point I am making is that the government Who claim to know the criminals is happy to sit back and allow speculations , various theories and guesswork to take the center stage to the dimension threatening the existence of the country as one entity. This in my view is deliberate and your question could have been answered if the government had put 10% of Yar'adu'as genuine , genuine , genuine effort.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by Arysexy(m): 11:39pm On Jan 13, 2012
I make bold to say that the same progrom that necessitated the secession bid by the biafrans is currently going on again in northern nigeria, and all that fought againsat biafra are watching from afar because it seems to be an hausa vs igbo affair.

Let me sound this warning! The quite nature of a tiger does not depict cowardice! No one shuld blame the igbos for fighting an 'avoidable war' We can't continue being sacrificial lamb in this contraption cald nigeria.

Let the emir, sultan, imams find a lasting solution to this. When kidnaping was reigning in the south east, we saw the role the catholic church and other churches played to stop it. Enof is enof!
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by princeonx: 5:05am On Jan 14, 2012
Yes sir! Lol!
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by y2kaustin(m): 11:44am On Jan 14, 2012
will you guys STOP!! making aimless noise,ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER THAN RANTING, Sacrificial Lamb or cow,the slaughtering continues and they are ranting, sigh and walk away, cool cool undecided
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by y2kaustin(m): 11:47am On Jan 14, 2012
and why are you guys praising a man that lead you guys to a suicide and manslaughter mission?and later Cowardly ran away?Only for my tribe man to do what is honorable,and he is the true Hero,better wake up.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by Dede1(m): 1:42pm On Jan 14, 2012
y2kaustin:

and why are you guys praising a man that lead you guys to a suicide and manslaughter mission?and later Cowardly ran away?Only for my tribe man to do what is honorable,and he is the true Hero,better wake up.

I do not think Ibibio are stupid as you are trying to buttress. Effiong was in position to do what anybody in his position would have done. Only a fool such as you would think Biafra was Igbo affair or current Boko Haram menace in northern region is exclusively targeted against Ndigbo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Reuben Abati Lied / Dalington Udeh Thugs Disrupt NASSLAF Inauguration / Edo Modular Refinery To Earn $125m Per Annum From Naptha Exports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.