Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,854 members, 7,802,737 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:20 PM

Arik Air International Flights - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Arik Air International Flights (4669 Views)

Air Peace Begins Direct International Flights From Enugu / My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday / Man Prevents Arik Air From Taking Off In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arik Air International Flights by DaraAlina(f): 6:47pm On Jan 11, 2012
Hope all is well Naija !!

Please anyone tell me their experience flying with arik air on international flights, I am afraid I made a wrong choice with them
Re: Arik Air International Flights by OmoTier1(m): 7:10pm On Jan 11, 2012
DaraAlina:

Hope all is well Naija !!

Please anyone tell me their experience flying with arik air on international flights, I am afraid I made a wrong choice with them
Arik Air is by no means the worst airline flying internationally from Nigeria. I flew them to London last december and they were much better thab I thought. The only minus is that there was no inflight entertainment on board but food was quite good, choice of wine, tea/coffee, Juice, Water, etc. I watched in awe how the cabin crew member gave a first class service to a lady with her baby throughout the flight!

But then there are a few issues with Arik air but I would give them 70% in terms of operations, inservice and general customer service.
Re: Arik Air International Flights by DaraAlina(f): 1:28am On Jan 12, 2012
Thanks Omo_Tier1 , I am leaving from NYC pretty soon, I swear if my flight is delayed for more than 2 hours I am going to want some credit back towards my payment, I just heard terrible news about Arik Air
Re: Arik Air International Flights by omar22(m): 11:41am On Jan 12, 2012
Worst decision of 2011! I took Arik to Lagos in 2009 and it was fantastic, I took Virgin in 2010. But last May I had the chance to get Air France or BA until someone told me that they have a seat available on Arik! With the 2009 experience still fresh in my mind, I rushed off and paid for it. BIG MISTAKE!!! No in-flight entertainment (thank God I had my lap-top to watch movies that I downloaded) the crew looked and behaved unprofessional, the atmosphere was poor and negative. Am sorry they would have to pay me to get on that plane again. I would sacrifice the 12 kg in luggage.
Re: Arik Air International Flights by DaraAlina(f): 3:17pm On Jan 12, 2012
Thanks omar22 , You have to be kidding no in-flight entertainment at all that's the worse thing I ever heard of , So now I have to be prepared to have 15 hours of movies smdfh
Re: Arik Air International Flights by snowdrops(m): 9:08pm On Jan 13, 2012
;d :d wink
Re: Arik Air International Flights by larryshow4(m): 1:47pm On Jan 15, 2012
Arik is always 1-2hours late. So be prepared for that. That's true about in-flight entertainment. Its such a crazy airline. Am 80% certain am not flying them again. Very small airbus, Am leaving the 20% to a situation when I have no option. Anyway. Endure and try to enjoy your flight with them.
Re: Arik Air International Flights by DaraAlina(f): 3:28pm On Jan 16, 2012
The only reason why I picked arik is because its a direct flight, Now I might as well do a video blog about my experience and expose them for good !!
Re: Arik Air International Flights by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 16, 2012
Re: Arik Air International Flights by DaraAlina(f): 5:29pm On Jan 16, 2012
Yeah this will be another crappy experience, I am already preparing for the worst, Downloading movies, music and games. Also searching for a good travel pillow and gonna take a trip to the doctor for a prescription for a sedative
Re: Arik Air International Flights by OmoTier1(m): 6:58pm On Jan 16, 2012
chaircover:

Dont get me started LOL

BTW As of this morning ARIK is £40 more expensive than Virgin and BA from LHR to Lagos. . . .

That airline never ceases to amaze me. . .
hope you have included the cost of booking by card on BA website?
Re: Arik Air International Flights by DaraAlina(f): 7:06pm On Jan 16, 2012
I'm stuck with them because I made a deposit
Re: Arik Air International Flights by OmoTier1(m): 7:15pm On Jan 16, 2012
DaraAlina:

I'm stuck with them because I made a deposit
I think your worries are out place to be honest! The aircraft without inflight entertainment is on the Lagos-London route and not the one on the New York -Lagos route.

I flew Arik from Lagos back to London and everything was spot on except for the inflight entertainment, which I really did not bother myself with.
Re: Arik Air International Flights by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jan 16, 2012
//
Re: Arik Air International Flights by OmoTier1(m): 11:25pm On Jan 16, 2012
chaircover:

Credit or debit card?

These are OPODO prices for BA that I quoted and I dont belive that opodo charge card fees. Still I dont think that anyone will charge £40 on fees alone.
Sorry you are even quoting the wrong source for BA fees! Just did a quick check, a return ticket on BA is averaging £600 and on Arik Air £644, so I can't see much of the difference you were screaming about! Mind you I did not process the BA booking upto to the point they would charge my card for handling fees and they havent added their fuel surcharge yet! So I think at the end both airliners fees comes out just about where flght fees to Lagos at this time of the year would be!
Re: Arik Air International Flights by DaraAlina(f): 12:03am On Jan 17, 2012
chaircover:

Credit or debit card?

These are OPODO prices for BA that I quoted and I dont belive that opodo charge card fees. Still I dont think that anyone will charge £40 on fees alone.

its true looking at all the companies they are about the same !
Re: Arik Air International Flights by Nobody: 8:16am On Jan 17, 2012
Re: Arik Air International Flights by Nobody: 8:24am On Jan 17, 2012
//
Re: Arik Air International Flights by green24: 3:22pm On Sep 18, 2013
Please anyone tell me their experience flying with arik air from lagos to newyork
Re: Arik Air International Flights by Cmeo(m): 7:32pm On Sep 18, 2013
I flew with Arik enroute Lagos New-York Lagos was very interesting for me. I flew with them in Feb this year to NY and back in May this year, the experience was very wonderful. After some hours we left Amercan Airspace, the Nigeria thing started people started to meet, the in-flight bar was turn to a typical 9ja settting for those who were interested, I meant (meeting zone, taking drink and chats, discuss issues, etc). it was really fun for me. its my most enjoyable time on air ever since I have been flying. It was really a mini Nigeria social life on board.

(1) (Reply)

Low Tuition Universities: List Of Countries With Low Tuition Fees. / My Bitter Experience Travelling To Nigeria With My White Husband / Lagos New Domestic Airport - Need Info + Pics!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.