Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:05 AM

Occupy Nigeria: Pictures From Protest In Finland - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Occupy Nigeria: Pictures From Protest In Finland (13239 Views)

Adams Unaji Is Dead (Occupy Nigeria Activist) / Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation / Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Occupy Nigeria: Pictures From Protest In Finland by Afritelly: 4:25pm On Jan 13, 2012
Despite snowing a lot of Nigerians living in Finland #OC4rmFinland still OCuppyNigeria from Finland

Re: Occupy Nigeria: Pictures From Protest In Finland by Afritelly: 4:29pm On Jan 13, 2012
Despite snowing a lot of Nigerians living in Finland #OC4rmFinland still OCuppyNigeria from Finland

Re: Occupy Nigeria: Pictures From Protest In Finland by Afritelly: 4:33pm On Jan 13, 2012
Despite snowing a lot of Nigerians living in Finland #OC4rmFinland still OCuppyNigeria from Finland (Prt 3)

Re: Occupy Nigeria: Pictures From Protest In Finland by Afritelly: 4:34pm On Jan 13, 2012
Despite snowing a lot of Nigerians living in Finland #OC4rmFinland still OCuppyNigeria from Finland (prt4)

Re: Occupy Nigeria: Pictures From Protest In Finland by mployer(m): 5:29pm On Jan 13, 2012
What in particular are they protesting about? not really clear from their placards
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Pictures From Protest In Finland by Afritelly: 5:31pm On Jan 13, 2012
More pictures are coming,

Re: Occupy Nigeria: Pictures From Protest In Finland by humblebee: 5:31pm On Jan 13, 2012
nice one!!! despite the cold weather
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Pictures From Protest In Finland by ismhab(m): 5:33pm On Jan 13, 2012
10 men protest, never the less, half a loaf of bread is better than none at all.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Pictures From Protest In Finland by Marlboro1: 5:44pm On Jan 13, 2012
How in the world did they get there? What in the world could they be doing in that frozen thundra? Any how good job creating awareness to Islamic terrorism, corrupt leadership and business practices in this God forsaken country - Nigeria. Bravo to you all!
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Pictures From Protest In Finland by Afritelly: 5:50pm On Jan 13, 2012
protest from Finland Against BEJ EU support (13.1.2012)

Re: Occupy Nigeria: Pictures From Protest In Finland by Afritelly: 5:52pm On Jan 13, 2012
protest from Finland Against BEJ, EU support (13.1.2012)

Re: Occupy Nigeria: Pictures From Protest In Finland by Afritelly: 6:06pm On Jan 13, 2012
More photos are coming,

Re: Occupy Nigeria: Pictures From Protest In Finland by Akiika: 6:08pm On Jan 13, 2012
Good job guys! Tomorrow is our day in Houston for the protest too, over 1,000 Nigerians have signed up to attend.
But them murder English on some of the placards, "agaist",, "probles", we understand sha, English no be native language
Whew, see the kind of freezing weather Nigerians have to condone to get out of Nigeria because of the successive Government's maladministration.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Pictures From Protest In Finland by Pharoh: 6:21pm On Jan 13, 2012
This is nice cool
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Pictures From Protest In Finland by isaacab38: 6:32pm On Jan 13, 2012
one of the things that cut my attention is the kind of snow weather our nigerians in Finland had to go through in other to display their displeasure in the Govt of the day
i see light at the end of the turnel
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Pictures From Protest In Finland by Shokoloko(f): 6:33pm On Jan 13, 2012
thanks to all protesting nigerians in diaspora. u guys rock
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Pictures From Protest In Finland by DanKan0: 6:35pm On Jan 13, 2012
badguys cool
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Pictures From Protest In Finland by xpagnol: 6:41pm On Jan 13, 2012
impresive i must really say guys, We hope for light at the end of the tunnel
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Pictures From Protest In Finland by championeh(m): 6:41pm On Jan 13, 2012
Kudos to you guys, Shipopo and others#despite the weather was -8 deg.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Pictures From Protest In Finland by ifysoft: 6:45pm On Jan 13, 2012
uNA tOO mUCH, oNE lOVE
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Pictures From Protest In Finland by Thatdave(m): 6:58pm On Jan 13, 2012
Chinua achebe style - stay abroad and direct what should be changed in Nigeria despite the snow there. lol
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Pictures From Protest In Finland by xpagnol: 7:10pm On Jan 13, 2012
The resounding words of the week, SUBSIDY, CABALS, CORRUPTION and DEREGULATION as they are related to the current situation of the country. In a nut shell, I shall disect the links amongst them.
Subsidy since its conception, has been a friend, a helper of both the goverment and the people to enjoy and maintain favourable but steady economic and political sustainance of the country. This has long been in existence before the emergence of the CABALS who we are told now are the ILLEGAL BENEFICIARIES of the friendly subsidy. These irregularities were caused by the Monumental CORRUPTION in the system which has brought about the delay both in the COUNTRY and the SECTOR from deregulation. May i wish to remind you guys that EXISTENCE or REMOVAL of subsidy in the oil sector does not HINDER NOR FAST TRACK deregulation. In other words existence of subsidy can still be in place while the complex structures and logistics of deregulating can also be in progress. For an effective deregulation to take place, the prospective investors must really understand the conditions of services. Some are of the opinion that when the subsidy is removed that it will bring about the prospective investors in the sector, but, i wish to let you know that even if you remove the subsidy without addressing all other factors that are even more critical than subsidy removal, you will end up generating more money for the sector BUT causing an avoidable INFLATION in the economy which is more deadlier than the existence of the subsidy, SUBSIDY REMOVAL SHOULD BE THE LAST THING TO BE DONE WHEN A PROPER DEREGULATION HAS BEEN EFFECTED, Other factors that the investors must consider include things like: Whats the bank interest rate when they borrow and what are the frame works of repayment. secondly, what is the legal backing from the National Assembly for the investors to come in. Thirdly, why is the country not been able to build and manage the refinery themselves. Fourthly, What is the amount of crude available for me from the government to refine and sell. And fifthly, what is the security to their investment incase of the unknown.These amongst others, If mr. President really wants to transform the sector, He must first of all, FIGTH THESE CABALS BY TIGTHENING TO MINIMISE THESE LOOP HOLES THAT LARGELY OPENED UNDER HIS TENURE THROUGH WHICH THESE CABALS EXPLOIT THE NATION BLIND, Why are you the chief national security and executive officer, You are there to secure and execute all national political,ECONOMIC, social, environmental and diplomatic interests of your people and nation to mention but a few, Mr president you cannot cut off your head because you have a big headache EVEN IN THE WORST SCENARIO without visiting all the hospitals you know that exist in the world. Mr president we understand that you cannot figth them, the cabals by taking them to the court to payback all they have stolen but We very much understand and believe that you can figth them through legislative and executive process by enacting some other policies that will surely knock them down if you will be sincere to yourself and also set up a "REPUTABLE TEAM" of task force to ensure the process, You said if you remove the subsidy that you will bring dubai to Nigeria in six months then we will start paying less again. LOL. Sir may I remind you that dubai was never built in 5 years either, Finally sir,retaine the SUBSIDY, fight the CABALS and win CORRUPTION then DEREGULATION SHALL BECKON ON YOU, Do not fight a lost battle, Tanks, OCCUPYING NIGERIA BY NIGERIANS !!
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Pictures From Protest In Finland by tlops(m): 7:10pm On Jan 13, 2012
no be small thing oh!
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Pictures From Protest In Finland by claremont(m): 7:13pm On Jan 13, 2012
I salute their courage, people still dey occupyNigeria for inside snow! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Pictures From Protest In Finland by kizito96(m): 7:15pm On Jan 13, 2012
Thank you fellow brothers. We are in Canada with no organized group. Our Leaders here are out dated and lack sense of direction
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Pictures From Protest In Finland by xtremeidea(m): 7:22pm On Jan 13, 2012
Impressive but they seem not to have a full picture of the main issue!!!
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Pictures From Protest In Finland by fasa2020(m): 7:30pm On Jan 13, 2012
Hmmmm, 9ce one but do this people experience the true pics of our problems or they're making jest of us at home ?
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Pictures From Protest In Finland by sayosalt: 7:33pm On Jan 13, 2012
Nigeria Government is being remoted/seated upon by the outside world the anti-Christ, minimum wage is 9K, education fee is 250K i called it anti-Christ government-economy. Again the minimum wage 9K to buy fuel at 141N & pay school fees 150K-250K?
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Pictures From Protest In Finland by fasa2020(m): 7:36pm On Jan 13, 2012
xtremeidea:

Impressive but they seem not to have a full picture of the main issue!!!

seconded !
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Pictures From Protest In Finland by elewele100: 7:37pm On Jan 13, 2012
Naija In Finland Thank You Guys For The Good Work,

2 Protest Inside Snow e no easy oh oh oh oh cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Pictures From Protest In Finland by bejo2k: 7:38pm On Jan 13, 2012
WHEN I SEE PICTURES LIKE THIS I AM PROUD TO CALL MYSELF NIGERIAN, PEOPLE WHO HAVE NEVER LEFT NIGERIA BEFORE WOULD NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT IT MEANS TO PROTEST IN THE SNOW AND COLD ON A FRIDAY(A WORK DAY), I COMMEND YOUR ALL OF ENOUGHS AND I JUST HAVE ONE THING TO SAY FROM THE NATIONAL ANTHEM, THE LABOUR OF OUR HEROES PRESENT!!! SHALL NEVER BE IN VAIN,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Private Jets Used To Smuggle Cash, Fugitives – FG / NIMC Registers Over 14m Nigerians In Database / PDP Chairmen In North Reject Zoning Of National Chairmanship To South-west

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.