Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,642 members, 7,801,870 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

Records Management - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Records Management (1052 Views)

Maritime Sector Records 6,000 Job Losses / Document And Records Management / Electronic Document/records Management Technologies Seminar In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Records Management by lao(f): 12:23am On Jan 14, 2012
My friend studied Library Information System in school and got a very lucrative job as a records controller in an oil and gas company. When he told me the course

he was studying in school I wondered to myself who does that. Of recent he made me understand that records management is a profession most people are not

aware of. He said it has to do with managing important records and keeping it in a safe place for future reference. I will like to know if anyone has an idea how

lucrative the job is and if it exist in Nigeria.
Re: Records Management by yamakuza: 2:33am On Jan 14, 2012
Re: Records Management by yamakuza: 2:56am On Jan 14, 2012
lao:

My friend studied Library Information System in school and got a very lucrative job as a records controller in an oil and gas company.

another tactic for those seeking oil & gas jobs?

Would go well with SCM i suppose?

When he told me the course he was studying in school I wondered to myself who does that.

honestly, did you look down on him then? Sort of, abi?

Of recent he made me understand that records management is a profession most people are not aware of.

after he got the job and he had your ear?

He said it has to do with managing important records and keeping it in a safe place for future reference.

there are other jobs/disciplines which fall into this category as well.

I will like to know if anyone has an idea how lucrative the job is and if it exist in Nigeria.

i assume your friend is in Nigeria, and that oil company jobs are all lucrative?
Re: Records Management by seuner: 10:25pm On Jun 15, 2013
One of the most attended Electronic Document/Records Management Technologies seminar in southern Africa is coming to Nigeria. This seminar has been attended by over 800 delegates over the last four years. It focuses on modern Electronic Document and Records Management Technologies. There are six modules covered in the three day seminar, these are:

Electronic Document & Records Management Systems.
Barcode File Tracking Systems
Radio Frequency Identification
File Tracking Systems
Data Disaster Preparedness
On-Site Data Backup Systems
Off-Site Data Backup Systems

All modules of the seminar are pre-loaded on HoneyComb branded Tablet PCs. Each participant of the seminar will be issued with a Tablet PC and are free to take their Tablet PC away with them after the seminar.

Who should attend?
Database Administrators, Registry Officers, Filing Clerks, Librarians, Hospital Records Officers, HR Officers, Court Registrars,IT Officers, Military Registry Officers, Civic Registrars, College & University Registrars, Senior Managers, Records Managers, Information Officers, Archivists, Records Centre Staff, Weapon Registry Officers, Law Firm Admin Officers, Admin Officers

Seminar fees
US$1100 or N165,000
Fee covers seminar materials, breakfast and lunch daily, HoneyComb branded Tablet PC

VENUE & DATE
9th-11th Oct 2013 @ Sheraton Hotel, Lagos
29th-31st Oct 2013 @ Welcome Centre Hotel, Airport Road, Lagos.

Spaces limited. Book at www.ermseminars.com

For enquiries, contact
+2347062508601(Nigeria)
+26771770080 (Botswana)

(1) (Reply)

Tips For Choosing The Right Career / Hardwork, Intelligence Or Determination, Which Is The Most Important? / One on One training on Web development using Joomla

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.