Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,699 members, 7,802,067 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

Fuel Subsidy Update: Impasse Would Soon Be Resolved – Sambo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy Update: Impasse Would Soon Be Resolved – Sambo (5371 Views)

BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs / Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 / Baraje-led PDP Fast & Pray For ASSU Strike To Be Resolved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Subsidy Update: Impasse Would Soon Be Resolved – Sambo by ceomike(m): 3:30am On Jan 14, 2012
Vice-President Namadi Sambo on Friday expressed optimism that the impasse created in the country by the removal of fuel subsidy would soon be resolved.

One week strike and protests had followed the January 1, 2012 decision of the Federal Government to deregulate the downstream petroleum sector, which led to an astronomical increase in the pump price of petrol from N65 per litre to between N141 and N200. But Sambo, at a Juma’at prayer organised to mark the 2012 Armed Forces Remembrance Day at the National Mosque, Abuja, said there was hope that Nigerians would soon heave a sigh of relief.

“There is great hope for this country. As you are aware, just yesterday (Thursday), we had dialogue with labour and Insha Allah, with the guidance of Almighty Allah and our prayers, it (the impasse) will soon be resolved,” he said.

Sambo said for the country to achieve the desired greatness, Nigerians must learn to live in peace and eschew bitterness.

Admitting that the nation was going through a challenging period in its history, the VP said all Nigerians must work together in unity for the country to come out of the woods.

Source:  http://www.punchng.com/news/fuel-subsidy-impasse-to-be-resolved-soon-sambo/

http://gog.li/guu

Re: Fuel Subsidy Update: Impasse Would Soon Be Resolved – Sambo by koruji(m): 3:39am On Jan 14, 2012
I won't rejoice until I see what they are pa-kube-kube-ing about (sorry that would be keeping under wraps) so much. Just be transparent with the Nigerian people already.

GEJ's government cannot be trusted.

That is how he went around saying he will not impose pain on Nigerians - 19 lives later we are still talking crap about impasse will be resolved soon.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Update: Impasse Would Soon Be Resolved – Sambo by ceejay80s(m): 9:08am On Jan 14, 2012
The nigeria labour congress could betray us today, the dialogue between NLC and the presidents should be live on tv, if its not televised,then corruption continues, what is this compromise that i am hearing? Is it our agreement with the nlc? So those that were killed during the urest died in vain. I dont trust the Nlc
Re: Fuel Subsidy Update: Impasse Would Soon Be Resolved – Sambo by victorazy(m): 9:12am On Jan 14, 2012
Who is Sambo? I know Goodluck Jonathan as president and Ngozi Iweala as his partner, I never hear that name here on Nairaland.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Update: Impasse Would Soon Be Resolved – Sambo by FutureDon(m): 9:18am On Jan 14, 2012
Inactive Vice President. He's completely a 'figure head'.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Update: Impasse Would Soon Be Resolved – Sambo by babaowo: 9:25am On Jan 14, 2012
figure head indeed.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Update: Impasse Would Soon Be Resolved – Sambo by chio: 9:28am On Jan 14, 2012
An analytical piece by Tobi Akiode.He has obliged to sharing this with as many Nigerians as possible. Pls share with frends and the public in general

ITS NO MORE ABOUT SUBSIDY ALONE:
1) The American President has only 2 aircraft, our president has 9in his fleet and voted money recently to buy 1 more!
2) The British prime Minister has only 2 official cars, our president has 23 in his pool and only recently voted 300m naira to buy 2 more bullet/bomb proof ones!
3) Senators in the US earn about$6,000 dollars monthly and dats about what a university professor,or a director in a state dept, or a doctor wt 20yrs experience, or a teacher wt 25yrs experience earn too, but in Nigeria a senator earns245million Naira per annum! Dats d salary of 25 vice chancellors, or 50 medical doctors, or 60 directors, or 500 schl teachers!
4) The US, almost d size of Africa with about 500million people have 24 ministers, and 32 govt parastatals and commisions, Nigeria has 42 cabinet ministers, and over 50 government parastatals!
5) America with about 500million people and more mileage to drive consumes 39million litres of petrol daily, Nigeria with 150million people 60% out of which live in remote areas, yet our govt tells us we consume about 35million ltrs of petrol daily!
IS SUBSIDY REALLY THE PROBLEM OF NIGERIA?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Update: Impasse Would Soon Be Resolved – Sambo by kulutempa: 9:48am On Jan 14, 2012
Of course he would be hopeful of a quick resolution. It is all about self preservation now, because he knows that if nothing is done by midnight tomorrow, the oil wells will be shut down, and there will be no more awoof money. What a joker grin
Re: Fuel Subsidy Update: Impasse Would Soon Be Resolved – Sambo by victorazy(m): 9:58am On Jan 14, 2012
@ Chio
Before did u think is all about financial uplifting? That man is a born liar, he has been possessed by Asorock oracle.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Update: Impasse Would Soon Be Resolved – Sambo by Nnamsco4real: 10:11am On Jan 14, 2012
Sambo?? When did he learn how to speak? That man is worse than GEJ. Bunch of cool headed people easily influenced and manipulated on. I pity his career as a vice president.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Update: Impasse Would Soon Be Resolved – Sambo by chio: 10:18am On Jan 14, 2012
I got this joke from babamath
New greeting in yorubaland is eku subsidy, if a muslim give birth to a male child he will be name SUBSIDEEN, bt if is a female child she will be name SUBSIDAT, if is a xtain male child he will be name SUBSID, if is a female she will be name SUBSIDIANA grin grin grin , babamath
Re: Fuel Subsidy Update: Impasse Would Soon Be Resolved – Sambo by Nobody: 10:27am On Jan 14, 2012
chio:

I got this joke from babamath
New greeting in yorubaland is eku subsidy, if a muslim give birth to a male child he will be name SUBSIDEEN, bt if is a female child she will be name SUBSIDAT, if is a xtain male child he will be name SUBSID, if is a female she will be name SUBSIDIANA grin grin grin , babamath
shut your big fat lips u jerkass, chukwusubsidy!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Update: Impasse Would Soon Be Resolved – Sambo by Nobody: 10:35am On Jan 14, 2012
Wetin this mumu spare tire sabi? He should shut da hell up and get lost.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Update: Impasse Would Soon Be Resolved – Sambo by drstan(m): 10:38am On Jan 14, 2012
I no know how jona take get sambo self, d guy stil day alive?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Update: Impasse Would Soon Be Resolved – Sambo by nedostic: 10:44am On Jan 14, 2012
Its mind boggling to hear government officials saying that a cabal is behind the illicit gains in the fuel subsidy.

I suspect a foul game along the line,a government that is people and constitutionally driven ought to prosecute the so called cabals.Haba! lets call a spade a spade. Methinks the government is not doing enough in the combat of corruption.Its time we redefined a new Nigeria that is egalitarian driven and a country where the ethos of the land are respected by all and sundry.

I have utmost respect for the President and I want him to succeed but he has got to re-align some of his key policies to the needs of the Nigerian mass.More so, he has to deal decisively with the spate of insecurity in the Northern part of the country.

Nigerians are not entirely against fuel subsidy removal but this policy must have a human face and there is need to bring to book those so called 'dirty players' in the oil sector.The president must not care so much on whose ox is gored in the anti-corruption crusade if he wants his name to be written in the sands of time.

I have high hopes that the ongoing strike would definitely come to an end today. Nigerians are yearning for good governance and we want results as well.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Update: Impasse Would Soon Be Resolved – Sambo by Nobody: 11:00am On Jan 14, 2012
ceomike:

Vice-President Namadi Sambo on Friday expressed optimism that the impasse created in the country by the removal of fuel subsidy would soon be resolved.

One week strike and protests had followed the January 1, 2012 decision of the Federal Government to deregulate the downstream petroleum sector, which led to an astronomical increase in the pump price of petrol from N65 per litre to between N141 and N200. But Sambo, at a Juma’at prayer organised to mark the 2012 Armed Forces Remembrance Day at the National Mosque, Abuja, said there was hope that Nigerians would soon heave a sigh of relief.

“There is great hope for this country. As you are aware, just yesterday (Thursday), we had dialogue with labour and Insha Allah, with the guidance of Almighty Allah and our prayers, it (the impasse) will soon be resolved,” he said.

Sambo said for the country to achieve the desired greatness, Nigerians must learn to live in peace and eschew bitterness.

hitect to

Admitting that the nation was going through a challenging period in its history, the VP said all Nigerians must work together in unity for the country to come out of the woods.

Source:  http://www.punchng.com/news/fuel-subsidy-impasse-to-be-resolved-soon-sambo/

At first glance I thought it was BABA SUWE,but on a serious note.This guy Sambo is intelligent politics aside.at least I know him one on one some 15 years ago while he was fully involve as a supervising Architect to a world bank project in Nigeria that I worked for.I guess he has learnt from someone like Atiku,s mistake
Re: Fuel Subsidy Update: Impasse Would Soon Be Resolved – Sambo by Nyntynplus: 11:06am On Jan 14, 2012
Big Foo.l he is jst a photographer rather than vice president.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Update: Impasse Would Soon Be Resolved – Sambo by Umunede(m): 11:17am On Jan 14, 2012
This really stinks – NIGERIA SENATOR’S SALARY PACKAGE!!!
August 2nd, 2010 | Author: Peter Okali

Check out this email I received detailing the outrageous figures paid to a Nigeria Senator. Little wonder why everyone in Nigeria has political ambitions and will do whatever it takes to get there.

Basic Salary (BS) – N2,484,245.50

Hardship Allowance @ 50% of Basic Salary – N1,242,122.70 (I love this kind of hardship)

Constituency allowance @ 200% of BS - N4,968,509.00

Furniture Allowance @ 300% of BS – N7,452,736.50

Newspaper allowance @ 50% – N1,242,122.70 (Which kind newspaper be this, abi na online or hard copy?)

Wardrobe allowance @ 25% – N621,061.37

Recess Allowance @ 10% – N248,424.55

Accommodation @ 200% – N4,968,509.00

Utilities @ 30% – N828,081.83

Domestic Staff @ 35% – N863,184.12

Entertainment @ 30% – N828,081.83

Personal Assistance @ 25% – N621,061.37

Vehicle Maintenance Allowance @ 75% – N1,863,184.12

Leave Allowance @ 10% – N248,424.55

One off payments (Severance gratuity) @ 300% – N7,452,736.50 (Once they get fired.)

Motor Vehicle Allowance @ 400% of BS – N9,936,982.00 – Every Four Years

Senator’s Salary per month – N2,456,647.70
Total = N29,479,749.00 Per Year
Allowance of Nigerian Senator: $1,500,000/year
GDP of Nigerian Economy: $45 Billion/year

A feeding frenzy!!!
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!

Compare with this -

Salary of the U.S. President: $250,000/year
GDP of the U.S. Economy: $13 Trillion/year
What do these Senators do to deserve this pay?

Amazingly, I saw a recent news video on YouTube of Nigeria senators in a session demanding an increase to their yearly allowance. These guys want a whopping N30 million every month.

Most of the Pharmacists, Engineers, Lawyers, Doctors, Welfare coordinators, Teachers/Lecturers, Engineers, Civil Servants and other productive professionals cannot boast of N1 million per year. What a pity !!!

SAY NO TO THIS OPEN LOOTING OF NIGERIA.
SEND A LINK OF THIS POST TO ALL PATRIOTIC NIGERIANS.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Update: Impasse Would Soon Be Resolved – Sambo by sayosalt: 12:56pm On Jan 14, 2012
President Obasanjo God of heaven is commanding you to go and redistribute the wealth of Nigeria according to the law of God equality 2 Corinthians {8:14} withing 7days. Bring back the fuel back to 65N first.

Jesus Christ warning to every soul about the love of earthly and fleshy desire:

2) Mathew {19:24} and again I say unto you, It is Easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. (As you read this you were told)

Reason can be seen in the book 2 Corinthians {8:14} But by an equality, [that] now at this time your abundance [may be a supply] for their want, that their abundance also may be [a supply] for your want: that there may be equality:

That is why God commanded that we should love one another and if we actually did no one we compete
with one another, no one no country would go crazy about money (Greed). Every lonely, widows, poor and beggars shall be fed with plenty. All resources of nations shall be distributed equally as in 2 Corinthians {8:14} due to the gift he has given to us in Galatians 5:22.

The love of money has cause Human kind to war against the gift (Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith) The richer continue to be rich and the poorer continue to be poor, love of money has replace the love of Galatians 5:22.

Mathew {6:19} Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: (As you read this you were told)

Mathew {6:20} But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: (As you read this you were told)

Mathew {6:24} No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. ((As you read this you were told)

Mathew {6:29} And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these ((As you read this you were told)
Re: Fuel Subsidy Update: Impasse Would Soon Be Resolved – Sambo by Eagle1(m): 1:15pm On Jan 14, 2012
ceomike:

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/fuel-subsidy-impasse-to-be-resolved-soon-sambo/

@Mod,

This should be in Religion section. What is it doing here? angry angry angry

They wont ever surprise you, always using religion to hoodwink gullible Nigerians. Mtshceeew angry angry angry
Re: Fuel Subsidy Update: Impasse Would Soon Be Resolved – Sambo by scopusng(m): 1:53pm On Jan 14, 2012
Is Sambo part of the present regime? slowpoke
Re: Fuel Subsidy Update: Impasse Would Soon Be Resolved – Sambo by CyberG: 2:16pm On Jan 14, 2012
Nigerians are in for a RAW deal with PDP because after the current useless Jona-daft is killed, impeached or steps-down, they will again be stuck with SUMBO - another pathetically inept non-president!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Update: Impasse Would Soon Be Resolved – Sambo by juman(m): 5:42pm On Jan 14, 2012
chio:

I got this joke from  babamath
New greeting in yorubaland is eku subsidy, if a muslim give birth to a male child he will be name SUBSIDEEN, bt if is a female child she will be name SUBSIDAT, if is a xtain male child he will be name SUBSID, if is a female she will be name SUBSIDIANA  grin grin grin , babamath

. grin grin This is great. grin

Baba SUBSIDAT. grin
Re: Fuel Subsidy Update: Impasse Would Soon Be Resolved – Sambo by fbApps: 7:40pm On Jan 14, 2012
Allocate 40-50 gallon per month direct to registered drivers per month, meaning, you pay the N145 per liter and goverment pay the balance of N80 to you each month.

Business drivers 80-100 gallons per month.

1 US gallon = 3.785411784 liters

If there is corruption perpetrated by International marketers, then just give the subsidy directly to registered drivers per month.

Average Price : N145/liter x40gallons per month= N21924 (3.78 liter x N145=N548/gallon x 40 gallon per month)
Driver will still pay N65 per liter x 3.78 x 40gallons= N9828 per month.
Goverment pay the rest in subsidy of N12096 per month as voucher cashable anywhere in Nigeria.

Corruption problem solved. If you are caught collecting subsidy without a registered car, then you go to jail. Maximum is 2 cars per household per address. Plus you must submit a fingerprint to qualify +your registered vehicle particulars.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Update: Impasse Would Soon Be Resolved – Sambo by member479760: 6:23am On Jan 15, 2012
He wanna say vote for me in 2015 presido election, the first day I will remove the subsidy and free you from your own son that is enslaving you.

(1) (Reply)

Court Orders Police To Pay N12m As Damages To Salesboy / UN Urges Nigeria To Feed School Kids / Al Mustapha To Head EFCC . Nominees Pass To Senate For Approval.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.