Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,759 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

Electronic Voting: Hidden Rigging Agenda - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electronic Voting: Hidden Rigging Agenda (1295 Views)

895 Million Voters Use This Electronic Voting Machine In India(photos) / Jega Promises Improved 2015 Elections As Senator Rules Out Electronic Voting / Electronic Voting Likely In 2015 - Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Electronic Voting: Hidden Rigging Agenda by Posh(m): 5:18pm On Mar 15, 2006
Yeah. I write so; I have my grouse about this electronic voting nonsense.MY argument is that it is another avenue for the ruling PDP to continue to perpeuate itself in office.The conditions in NIgeria and the present high illiteracy level lends credence to thhe fact that electronic voting is not the best option for Nigeria except if PDP has an ulterior motive which of course is to continue to stay in office via third term.may God save NIgeria from the claws of PDP-a doomed party.
Re: Electronic Voting: Hidden Rigging Agenda by alabiyemmy(m): 2:28pm On Feb 24, 2007
so which is the best option? Please tell us.
Re: Electronic Voting: Hidden Rigging Agenda by abdkabir(m): 7:16pm On Feb 24, 2007
Option A4, remains a better alternative?

The baba Agba & the ruling party fails to understand that the best way of bringing confidence and credibility to the electoral process is not with technology and its dazzling powers but in building confidence first in the people through simple and easily verifiable strategies like the Option A4 where u see your vote and then the results are announced right there at the polling boothe.
Re: Electronic Voting: Hidden Rigging Agenda by alabiyemmy(m): 8:02pm On Feb 24, 2007
the same option A4 that was criticised when it was used earlier?
Re: Electronic Voting: Hidden Rigging Agenda by abdkabir(m): 10:33pm On Feb 24, 2007
Option A4 was not criticised my brother,

It was not used, the election in which it was used (Abiola,1993) was rigged. Another info, the reason people believe the most free and fair election in our history was that of 1993 was because it was transparent to the electorate.U vote and see your results.

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Salmot Badru Left Out In Ogun State / What Are The Best Patriotic Nigerian Songs Of All Time? / Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.