Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? (43161 Views)

Here's The Real Reason Men Like Big Butts / I Think Black American Men Are The Hottest Black Men And Men In The World! / Why Do I See Black American Men With Fat White Women So Much? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by MrsChima1(f): 4:30am On Jan 15, 2012
(falls from chair wasting skittles on the ground)

I done heard it all! Somalian pirate! grin grin grin grin grin

Sa a chan Nigerian fe soufri! grin grin grin cry cry cry grin grin grin
Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by Nobody: 4:30am On Jan 15, 2012
Damn any seen that part on Family Guy when Lois told Peter that she would love to have his baby and Peter responded and I will be there when you die giving birth to it jajajajjajajjaja
Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by Nobody: 4:31am On Jan 15, 2012
lol @ chima! sis!  angry grin with his busted a$$ talking about Nigerian women like
he is worth a nickle. tongue

seriously smh. Seedord I don't have your time anymore. . .
i guess ima have to try to keep the topic going by any means. . . tongue

onila:

most of my African friends have noticed this

because i remembered one day a guy from barbados came up to talk me. he was friendly and all but once he asked me where am I from

and  I said African. .He felt uncomfortable and walked away

@Onila/poster so if the guy never turned you down would you have considered dating him? Do you believe it was only because you are African or is it some sort of paranoia?

i remember a thread that was created not too long ago where this AA girl created a thread and she was saying when she went to a Nigerian party, she felt so out of place and thought that she was being ignored and ppl were saying she was probably self conscious. It may be the reason for your feeling that way too.

[random] In terms of the issue with cultures being different and blasey blasey:

Now although I represent the opposite, i am in a similar situation. I feel ok when I am at African parties. Occasionally a few people might ask or say ignorant things but after watching black people in general we are a race of "shiet talkers/ renkers" so i dont take it to heart. However in my personal relationship, i am dating a man from cameroon, at first his mom seemed a bit stand offish at times but i knew she is just "scoping me out" to be sure that her son made the right decision. After we hung out at the mall and got to ask each other questions about the other's culture I've realized we are not the much different at all. My mom is not African however she is an old school woman. She believes in the whole "introduce him to me so i can interrogate" thing. She wants what is best for me. Sure she would prefer that I be with a Jamo man but she has learned to respect my decision.  kiss

*copied and pasted since some mods are on vacation.  tongue grin*
Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by tpia5: 4:39am On Jan 15, 2012
i hope lefulefu, seedord, reality and co wont burst into tears after seeing this type of photo:

Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by tpia5: 4:41am On Jan 15, 2012
anyway, @ topic

african women seem to date white men more than they do AA or carribean ones.

i could be wrong though.
Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by Ilamina(f): 4:42am On Jan 15, 2012
Ghanaian men and Nigerian men are known to date and marry Carribean women and AA women
I rarely see other African men whit island/aa women
Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by Nobody: 4:44am On Jan 15, 2012
Reality? WTF? are you fu!ucking kidding me? :d
Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by Nobody: 4:46am On Jan 15, 2012
na wahh oooo mizzdarkskin see as u jus dey vex shocked
na becos i dey post oyibo babes pic 4 here na im u jus dey vibrate like dis?
omo if i come put my babe and my picture for here no be gun u go come take shoot me? grin
any lets celebrate this naija babe in wedding her handsome oyibo hearthrob grin

Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by tpia5: 4:47am On Jan 15, 2012
Ilamina:

Ghanaian men and Nigerian men are known to date and marry Carribean women and AA women
I rarely see other African men whit island/aa women

i dont notice it that much either.

seems to be mainly nigerian and ghanaian men.
Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by Nobody: 4:51am On Jan 15, 2012
tpia@:

i hope lefulefu, seedord, reality and co wont burst into tears after seeing this type of photo:

she wowor lipsrsealed
Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by onila(f): 3:26pm On Jan 15, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

lol @ chima! sis!  angry grin with his busted a$$ talking about Nigerian women like
he is worth a nickle.  tongue

seriously smh. Seedord I don't have your time anymore. . .
i guess ima have to try to keep the topic going by any means. . . tongue

@Onila/poster so if the guy never turned you down would you have considered dating him? Do you believe it was only because you are African or is it some sort of paranoia?

i remember a thread that was created not too long ago where this AA girl created a thread and she was saying when she went to a Nigerian party, she felt so out of place and thought that she was being ignored and ppl were saying she was probably self conscious. It may be the reason for your feeling that way too.

[random] In terms of the issue with cultures being different and blasey blasey:

Now although I represent the opposite, i am in a similar situation. I feel ok when I am at African parties. Occasionally a few people might ask or say ignorant things but after watching black people in general we are a race of "shiet talkers/ renkers" so i dont take it to heart. However in my personal relationship, i am dating a man from cameroon, at first his mom seemed a bit stand offish at times but i knew she is just "scoping me out" to be sure that her son made the right decision. After we hung out at the mall and got to ask each other questions about the other's culture I've realized we are not the much different at all. My mom is not African however she is an old school woman. She believes in the whole "introduce him to me so i can interrogate" thing. She wants what is best for me. Sure she would prefer that I be with a Jamo man but she has learned to respect my decision.  kiss

*copied and pasted since some mods are on vacation.  tongue grin*

I would have gotten 2 know him if he was really interested. ,Although i have never dated a carribean man before but I was just surprised the way he walked away. THAT shows many carribean men are not interested in African women. Many of my friends have also eperienced this
Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by Nobody: 12:37am On Jan 16, 2012
onila:

I would have gotten 2 know him if he was really interested. ,Although i have never dated a carribean man before but I was just surprised the way he walked away. THAT shows many carribean men are not interested in African women. Many of my friends have also eperienced this

Glad you would have considered him though he is obviously ignorant however to imply that many don't want african women is a bit of an exaggeration though.
Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by onila(f): 3:21am On Jan 16, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

Glad you would have considered him though he is obviously ignorant however to imply that many don't want african women is a bit of an exaggeration though.

I heard because they think African girls have diseases
Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by Nobody: 3:23am On Jan 16, 2012
onila:

I heard because they think African girls have diseases

LOL!! now that's funny!!
Please, the caribbean and America as a whole KNOW a lil something about diseases.
Anyone from those parts of the world or ANY part for that matter, who talks about Africans and diseases
are but hypocritical imbeciles. tongue
Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by onila(f): 3:25am On Jan 16, 2012
but Africans are known for aids
Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by Nobody: 3:28am On Jan 16, 2012
onila:

but Africans are known for aids

and so are African American women (and men). . .but does that mean all are victims
to the disease or SOME? only a fo0l would believe in that stereotype. Aids
is a PANDEMIC. It's world wide!
Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by onila(f): 3:32am On Jan 16, 2012
but Africans carry the cup for that one grin cheesy

I know its the stupid black people that think like that. .I asked some non African men abt African women they said they just think we have diseases

and maybe carribean think we are uncool
Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by Nobody: 3:35am On Jan 16, 2012
onila:

but Africans carry the cup for that one grin cheesy

I know its the silly black people that think like that. .I asked some non African men abt African women they said they just think we have diseases

and maybe carribean think we are uncool

lol well let me ask you this, is it true that ALL Africans have Aids?
Are Africans uncool people?
Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by Ranoscky(m): 3:44am On Jan 16, 2012
Op, guys yakpa for naija. Com back hom com grab ur choice. No be by force to for dem to date u!
Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by Nobody: 3:47am On Jan 16, 2012
grin lord have mercy!!
Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by Nobody: 5:33am On Jan 16, 2012
Roflffao@ African girls having diseases looooow self esteem is the answer sister plus lot of expectations from nothing. Liking someone or race who doesn't like you is even more stewpid n lamer to you and your own race. No offense. Maybe you need to go for HIV/STD test and have the result with you everywhere you go and of course show it to em before they walk outta you again. Brotherly advice lol
Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by Jenifa1: 5:35am On Jan 16, 2012
@topic,
because they know we're generally not their type. and they're not our type either. I wouldn't go for any AA guy unless he is an 'Obama' (ie educated, classy etc)

this pic is just adorable. The native attire looks great on her.
Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by Nobody: 5:53am On Jan 16, 2012
Ms. Jenifa. That's some brilliant consolation speech there lol
Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by onila(f): 6:06am On Jan 16, 2012
REALITY101:

Roflffao@ African girls having diseases looooow self esteem is the answer sister plus lot of expectations from nothing. Liking someone or race who doesn't like you is even more stewpid n lamer to you and your own race. No offense. Maybe you need to go for HIV/STD test and have the result with you everywhere you go and of course show it to em before they walk outta you again. Brotherly advice lol

lol u are so funny cheesy
Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by Jenifa1: 6:13am On Jan 16, 2012
REALITY101:

Ms. Jenifa. That's some brilliant consolation speech there lol

how do u mean by consolation speech? seems like you are an akata yourself. fess up
Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by Nobody: 6:15am On Jan 16, 2012
No bottoms up. Just said the bitter truth.
Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by Jenifa1: 6:25am On Jan 16, 2012
we women don't operate like men. we actually are a bit picky with our choices.

don't hate.
Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by Nobody: 6:33am On Jan 16, 2012
Lmao hate? Like seriously? Aren't you the one hating out of rejection?
Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by Nobody: 6:37am On Jan 16, 2012
Lol let me find out reality laying down some facts. Thats whats up! cool
Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by Jenifa1: 6:37am On Jan 16, 2012
rejection by akata men?
I hope u are being sarcastic.
Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by millco88(f): 6:39am On Jan 16, 2012
Most West African women are greatly attracted to African American men, but not vice versa. Most AAM think AW are ugly.
Re: Why Dont African American Men And Carribean Men Like 2 Date African Girls? by Nobody: 6:39am On Jan 16, 2012
Cant be rejected if youve been approached. Got a point there jenifa. tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

10 Things Peculiar To Nigerian Boyfriends And Girlfriends / I Told My Naija Parents I Don't Want To Get Married And This Was Their Response / Very Romantic Text Messages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.