Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,384 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:17 AM

Yoruba People And Oily Food - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Yoruba People And Oily Food (8147 Views)

Oily Cakes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba People And Oily Food by Bawss1(m): 10:30am On Jan 21, 2012
tpia@:

^^i believe you meant to address the op and your fellow whiner.

did i go to igboland and start complaining about the food there?

some of us even tried to help the poster and show him what he did wrong [didnt i post photos], only for some losers to jump in and try to act ignorant.

if you cant eat food you're not used to, then stay home or go and marry somebody who will cook the food you want.

dont start whining everywhere when nobody dragged your leg to where you are.

not to mention you're too lazy to cook yet are still abusing others who do.

Why the venom? This thread was started in good faith yet you insist on seeing it as some kind of affront. Again relax, no need to get yourself all worked up.
Re: Yoruba People And Oily Food by tpia5: 10:47am On Jan 21, 2012
^^you're a classic m.oron, because only a m.oron would ignore the title and content of the thread and then go on to attack others in a senseless manner.

so people should be quiet when you bloody xenophobes start your usual sh!!t, abi?

you are a useless goat.

like i said before, stay in your village if you cant cope outside.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba People And Oily Food by Bawss1(m): 1:00pm On Jan 21, 2012
Hmmm. Apparently something is amiss here. No slights or insults was intended in any of the OP's post or mine either yet it draws bitterness from some. Let me clearly state here that insulting anybody or group of people was never my intention. I hold no grudges against the Yorubas or any ethnic group for that matter.

It will be a pity if the differences noted in food preparation is see as some form of denigration. Posters who come to this section usually do so in goodwill and in good faith, nothing is gained by starting e-fights and hurling abuses about. Abi we wan turn this food section to insult arena?
Re: Yoruba People And Oily Food by tpia5: 1:04pm On Jan 21, 2012
Bawss1:

Hmmm. Apparently something is amiss here. No slights or insults was intended in any of the OP's post or mine either yet it draws bitterness from some. Let me clearly state here that insulting anybody or group of people was never my intention. I hold no grudges against the Yorubas or any ethnic group for that matter.

It will be a pity if the differences noted in food preparation is see as some form of denigration. Posters who come to this section usually do so in goodwill and in good faith, nothing is gained by starting e-fights and hurling abuses about. Abi we wan turn this food section to insult arena?

you're the one with the chip on your shoulder.

and you're the one who first derailed the thread with your ethnic rubbish.
Re: Yoruba People And Oily Food by Jenifa1: 7:22pm On Jan 24, 2012

@jenifa yes o shes skinny n a virteous one 4 dat mata.
#no wonder yoruba women r always fat grin

chei. so this is the tribalistic reason behind your topic heh?
yoruba women are fat and un-virtuous? see d affront!

trust mama ngozi
jut tell her to shave her daughter's beard quick so she can be drafted to the U-17 team.
awon aje okuta ma mu omi.

and better find your way back to igboland before I open my eyes. tongue
Re: Yoruba People And Oily Food by Nobody: 12:42am On Jan 25, 2012
^^

was just joking oo. Didnt know it will triga e-bashing. grin grin . Wait! dont 4get u are still closing ur eyes oo grin #OMO IGBO ni mi. grin
Re: Yoruba People And Oily Food by Jenifa1: 4:59am On Jan 25, 2012
you have not gone back yet?? angry angry angry angryI need my vision abeg tongue grin
Re: Yoruba People And Oily Food by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jan 25, 2012
^^

okay u go wait 2weeks abeg grin grin

HV U EATEN DRY GARRI MIXED WITH BEANS B4? grin

I LEARNT IT HERE in d west (yoruba). cool
Re: Yoruba People And Oily Food by Jenifa1: 3:41am On Jan 26, 2012
^ that's the best. garri and beans!! I love it. cool hopefully the beans was properly cooked sha. seems like you need to change your mamaput place.

yea I opened my eyes biko
Re: Yoruba People And Oily Food by dayokanu(m): 4:16am On Jan 26, 2012
tpia@:

is this what you mean:
stew with okro:

is that correct?

This is making my mouth water
Re: Yoruba People And Oily Food by Nobody: 12:57am On Jan 27, 2012
@jenifa. . I must confess i like d combination grin . Hehe. Properly made beans . . #my mouth is watering! grin
Re: Yoruba People And Oily Food by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:46pm On Feb 11, 2012
[size=13pt]I have been to one Yoruba woman restaurant when i told her the food is too oily she nearly eat me raw . . . cheesy cheesy[/size]
Re: Yoruba People And Oily Food by tpia5: 3:50pm On Feb 11, 2012
^^please shut up and get off the thread.

its very cowardly to attack women when its a man who offended you.
Re: Yoruba People And Oily Food by Nobody: 8:44pm On Feb 11, 2012
@Ogaga4lúv grin grin grin . .thank God u lîved to tell d story lol . . . grin

FUNNY PIPO
Re: Yoruba People And Oily Food by tpia5: 12:55am On Feb 12, 2012
^Why dont you consider going back to your own people who you're used to?

Obviously its quite stressful for you living elsewhere not so?

So why are you punishing yourself.
Re: Yoruba People And Oily Food by ziga: 8:16am On Feb 12, 2012
tpia@:

^Why dont you consider going back to your own people who you're used to?

Obviously its quite stressful for you living elsewhere not so?

So why are you punishing yourself.

Aint it funny how certain "pipo" start s.hit, and then when other people repay them in their own coin, they turn cry-babies.

SMH, @ Mr. oga wey no like Yoruba, why u no stay ya village chop all the soup wey u like.

Abi na by force to chop cheese and burger
Re: Yoruba People And Oily Food by dayokanu(m): 4:40pm On Feb 12, 2012
You see this is what I talk about.

If Yorubas now respond attacking them, They would quickly go and open threads
Re: Yoruba People And Oily Food by uzoexcel(m): 7:54pm On Feb 12, 2012
I was initially shocked when i joined by boarding sch in j.s.s1 in ibadan, every swallow meal (i.e amala) had a soup and stew combination, after forming 2 weekz wid hunger threatening 2 finish me (as i was also afraid of d amala coz of itz black color), i said 2 hell wid it mehn & started downing lyk d others. To my surprise it was actually delicious & much more spicy than just takin soup alone, dz dayz takn ma eba/amala & nt seeing stew makes d food seem kinda empty, What i can say is that dont b afraid of tryin new thingz, it really payz smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Yoruba People And Oily Food by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:25pm On Feb 15, 2012
[size=13pt]It is my pleasure friend. . . grin grin wink[/size]

DONkollione:

@Ogaga4lúv grin grin grin . .thank God u lîved to tell d story lol . . . grin

FUNNY PIPO
Re: Yoruba People And Oily Food by Ninilowo(m): 10:56pm On Apr 04, 2012
Jenifa_: who is cooking for you? tell him/her to reduce the oil.
o ya mi lenu
Re: Yoruba People And Oily Food by adl(f): 6:12am On Apr 13, 2012
Its cos you have been eating from mama put. The idea is to add plenty oil to the food so that the stew added will not be much so as to make more profit. But, you can tell them you don't want oil on the meal and they won't add too much oil.
Re: Yoruba People And Oily Food by Akpunwa(f): 9:28pm On Apr 14, 2012
This was a major issue in my service days in Osun state (b4 I got an apartment and settled down). I didn't quite understand the stew thingy! I Stayed clear from 'swallow' during lunch breaks and my colleagues thought I was forming.
I didn't need to defend myself verbally but with properly prepared ora/uha soup shared to all & sundry during lunch.
U shoulda seen the Oliver twist look on their faces...lol. The manager even sentenced me to bringing his lunch daily which I no gree do of course. Since then, respect begin flow for moi & my Akwa Ibom state corp member colleague. Lolz.
Re: Yoruba People And Oily Food by tpia5: 11:44pm On Apr 14, 2012
e don do nah!!!

kii re yin ni?

una no dey tire?

please find worthwhile things to do with your lives instead of parking yourselves permanently on the thread?

like who cares who goes into your gullets? Look for cocoyam if you find other peoples' food unpalatable.

jeez!!!
Re: Yoruba People And Oily Food by nolongtin(m): 10:27am On Jun 27, 2012
i served in d east,ebonyi state.i had the same problem with their food @ d camp. thank God i was really loaded,i didnt eat any of the food,i actually vomitted when i tried,so i tried oder stuff@ d mami market,in town same, i couldnt eat igbo food,the moral of the story is if you dont try to eat oder stuff u dont get to like dem,i now eat it and its ok ,so wot i didnt like 14yrs ago is now wot i like my friends wife to cook when i go visiting dem.1 mans food is anoder mans poison.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba People And Oily Food by cfours: 8:47pm On Mar 31, 2013
^ I can imagine.well,me I don't think I will ever even try ibo food as i'm scared there will be dog meat in there.
thank God I will never have to. what is it that will cause me to step foot in the east. God forbid grin

@OP, maybe you were looking for cheap fast food. Cheap fast food is always oily. If you have a kitchen at home, you shouldn't be patronizing fast food joints everyday.

uzoexcel: I was initially shocked when i joined by boarding sch in j.s.s1 in ibadan, every swallow meal (i.e amala) had a soup and stew combination, after forming 2 weekz wid hunger threatening 2 finish me (as i was also afraid of d amala coz of itz black color), i said 2 hell wid it mehn & started downing lyk d others. To my surprise it was actually delicious & much more spicy than just takin soup alone, dz dayz takn ma eba/amala & nt seeing stew makes d food seem kinda empty, What i can say is that dont b afraid of tryin new thingz, it really payz smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

LOL
Re: Yoruba People And Oily Food by shayla25(f): 3:01pm On Apr 01, 2013
In Igboland,there s a clear diffence b/w soup n stew.stew s d one prepared wt tomatoes(and/or d ofe-akwu variety in some parts of igboland like Anambra)....we use either of ds t eat white rice.But soup(and blv me,u ll love igbo soups)like onugbu(bitterleaf)soup,ora/oha soup,egusi,okra/ogbono,ofe owerri,is wat u pair wt ur garri,pounded yam,akpu,semovita...etc.I don't tink there s any igbo dat uses tomato in making a traditional soup.dat s y it seems sooooo strange seeing others do it...so pls,spare d op.he s just making an observation (d Ist time I noticed people eating eba wt okra/stew in camp,I was horrified too!)

1 Like

Re: Yoruba People And Oily Food by Nobody: 6:52pm On Apr 01, 2013
Ogaga4Luv: [size=13pt]I have been to one Yoruba woman restaurant when i told her the food is too oily she nearly eat me raw . . . cheesy cheesy[/size]

And that was supposed to be a compliment
Very disappointing @ogaga really!
Re: Yoruba People And Oily Food by StateOfMind: 12:41pm On Apr 06, 2013
shayla25: In Igboland,there s a clear diffence b/w soup n stew.stew s d one prepared wt tomatoes(and/or d ofe-akwu variety in some parts of igboland like Anambra)....we use either of ds t eat white rice.But soup(and blv me,u ll love igbo soups)like onugbu(bitterleaf)soup,ora/oha soup,egusi,okra/ogbono,ofe owerri,is wat u pair wt ur garri,pounded yam,akpu,semovita...etc.I don't tink there s any igbo dat uses tomato in making a traditional soup.dat s y it seems sooooo strange seeing others do it...so pls,spare d op.he s just making an observation (d Ist time I noticed people eating eba wt okra/stew in camp,I was horrified too!)

And what is so horrifying about the sight of okra and stew?

When non-yorubas complain about yorubas and oil, I used to wonder what they mean, cos I never get it. Infact, I was almost wondering if some yorubas use oil alone to eat their solid foods.

Having read through this thread however , I now understand what they mean. They find it strange seeing yorubas put stew on their soups like okro, ewedu, gbegiri etc. the stew here is not tomatoes and oil alone, it is well blended with pepper n onions and if well cooked, tastes good.

I personally detest seeing oil floating on any kind of meal or soup, so I use oil in moderation, plus too much oil is not even healthy.

Its not a big deal to express surprise at a tribe's way of cooking, but some posters here are just coming to show off with the my tribe's soup is better than yours.

And btw, meals from roadside bukas , camps aren't enough to judge a particular tribe's food cos they are mostly never well-prepared.
Re: Yoruba People And Oily Food by cfours: 3:40am On Apr 07, 2013
StateOfMind:

Its not a big deal to express surprise at a tribe's way of cooking, but some posters here are just coming to show off with the my tribe's soup is better than yours.

they are crazy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Healthy, Low-calorie Substitutes For Common Nigerian Meals / See The Amount Of Sugar Contained In This Drinks Bullet,coca Cola And... / Can Someone Teach Me How To Make Owo Soup And Also How To Make Ukhodo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.