Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,487 members, 7,781,461 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:50 PM

"If I were Mr. President" :your Advice To GEJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "If I were Mr. President" :your Advice To GEJ (5285 Views)

If I Were You,i'd Be Too Ashamed To Mock Change: Oby Ezekwesili (photo) / Northern Elders To President: Your Administration Worst In Nigeria History / Present Criticism Of The Ex-president - Your Views. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"If I were Mr. President" :your Advice To GEJ by maxani: 11:20am On Jan 16, 2012
Dear Nigerians, Its been a week of passionate arguments and protests against the removal of fuel subsidy.

While many nigerians have strongly condemned this move by the government, especially coming on the
first day of the new year without publicity, and plans to cushion the inflationary effect it will cause on
the economy and the life of Nigerians, Others have supported the move and its promised effect in the long term.

This is your chance to bare you mind! what wold you advice the president of Nigeria( Goodluck Jonathan) to do?
If you were the president, what would you do right now?
Re: "If I were Mr. President" :your Advice To GEJ by claremont(m): 12:22pm On Jan 16, 2012
maxani:

[size=14pt]what wold you advice the president of Nigeria( Goodluck Jonathan) to do?[/size]
Resign! cool
Re: "If I were Mr. President" :your Advice To GEJ by Sijo01(f): 12:25pm On Jan 16, 2012
Have a 'say' of his own! angry angry
Re: "If I were Mr. President" :your Advice To GEJ by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jan 16, 2012
That we will regard him as weaker than thought if he uses the military against civilians rather than BH.
Re: "If I were Mr. President" :your Advice To GEJ by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jan 16, 2012
He missed an opportunity to jump on the people's band wagon! The funny thing is, no one is against him, the average Nigerian feels betrayed by him. My advice is he should take on the faceless "cabals" , with the backing of the 150 million + Nigerians instead of making the common man suffer by the subsidy removal! As for me, i don't want to send my kids to Oyinbo land to get better education like my parent have done to me, I want Nigeria to be the America of Africa, enough is enough ! Yes we can! My heart bleeds, GEJ is missing an opportunity here, I thought Nigeria finally had the president for the people, by the people!
Re: "If I were Mr. President" :your Advice To GEJ by Koikoi(m): 12:32pm On Jan 16, 2012
Dear Mr. President, stick to your plan. Remove the incentive to corruption (fuel subsidy) and other fight against corruption can continue from there. It's a well known fact that people are always averse to change. They just want the same system to continue while praying for a miracle. Nigerians are very good prayer warriors but would not make any other effort at making things change because they are afraid of the pains associated with change. NO PAIN NO GAIN
Re: "If I were Mr. President" :your Advice To GEJ by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jan 16, 2012
The protests are not against GEJ, its against the corrupt entities in his government. We are demanding he takes on them because he is our leader, Nigeria voted him in, so if the cabals are pitting him against the people that voted him in, he should cut the cabals down. Nigerians have spoken, Enough is Enough, WAR AGAINST CORRUPTION!
Re: "If I were Mr. President" :your Advice To GEJ by chibest5(m): 12:35pm On Jan 16, 2012
He should concentrate on what he is doing and what he thinks is good for the progress and unity of Nigerians and forget about the few that want to use this opportunity to sell their selves to the masses pissed
Re: "If I were Mr. President" :your Advice To GEJ by gulfer: 12:35pm On Jan 16, 2012
maxani:

Dear Nigerians, Its been a week of passionate arguments and protests against the removal of fuel subsidy.

While many nigerians have strongly condemned this move by the government, especially coming on the
first day of the new year without publicity, and plans to cushion the inflationary effect it will cause on
the economy and the life of Nigerians, Others have supported the move and its promised effect in the long term.

This is your chance to bare you mind! what wold you advice the president of Nigeria( Goodluck Jonathan) to do?
If you were the president, what would you do right now?
I would advise that he steers the ship of the Nation as the captain and not take back seat, watch his crew guide the ship to an iceberg. like the titanic, Nigeria may be breakable (sinkable) afterall.[color=#990000][/color] cry
Re: "If I were Mr. President" :your Advice To GEJ by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jan 16, 2012
Koikoi:

Dear Mr. President, stick to your plan. Remove the incentive to corruption (fuel subsidy) and other fight against corruption can continue from there. It's a well known fact that people are always averse to change. They just want the same system to continue while praying for a miracle. Nigerians are very good prayer warriors but would not make any other effort at making things change because they are afraid of the pains associated with change. NO PAIN NO GAIN

And what has the Nigerian government offered the masses besides the so called subsidy? What have we benefited? While our leaders go into governance with 20 naira in their bank accounts and come out with 50 million naira? I am for subsidy removal, but not at the expense of the masses. The masses have suffered for too long. The Nigerian government has not delivered anything in terms of basic duties to the masses. No infrastructure, bad roads, to mention a few.
Re: "If I were Mr. President" :your Advice To GEJ by jake7703(m): 12:40pm On Jan 16, 2012
He is very smart. I think his plan was N97, but he set the fuel price at N140 which is unaceptable. Now, he cut the price from N140 to N97 and how generous he is. The plan was to make people tired and feel the price is OK.
I think the plan is successful.
Re: "If I were Mr. President" :your Advice To GEJ by dokunbam(m): 12:41pm On Jan 16, 2012
Let the change be visible. Not just a word of mouth.
Re: "If I were Mr. President" :your Advice To GEJ by gulfer: 12:43pm On Jan 16, 2012
jake7703:

He is very smart. I think his plan was N97, but he set the fuel price at N140 which is unaceptable. Now, he cut the price from N140 to N97 and how generous he is. The plan was to make people tired and feel the price is OK.

@Jake, born in the month of march; 1977-Thread title is your "If I were Mr. President" :your Advice To GEJ
Re: "If I were Mr. President" :your Advice To GEJ by ifeci: 12:44pm On Jan 16, 2012
That he should kill Boko haram rather than unarmed citizens. More so, he should learn to think on his own rather than let others think and decide 4 him. Further more, resign if he can't handle it
Re: "If I were Mr. President" :your Advice To GEJ by otondo55: 12:45pm On Jan 16, 2012
That he should seize this opportunity to divide this "unholy marriage" called Nigeria.
For we have nothing in common, for there is nothing like one nigeria.
Re: "If I were Mr. President" :your Advice To GEJ by seenoevil1: 12:48pm On Jan 16, 2012
otondo55:

That he should seize this opportunity to divide this "unholy marriage" called Nigeria.
For we have nothing in common, for there is nothing like one nigeria.

CALL FOR A SOVEREIGN NATIONAL CONFERENCE AND GIVE EVERYONE THE CHANCE TO EITHER CONTINUE IN NIGERIA OR TO LEAVE . AT MOST THIS WOULD RESULT TO WEST AFRICA GIVING BIRTH TO 2 NEW PROSPEROUS NATIONS AND 2 NEW POOR "SOMALIA CLONE" NATIONS. grin
Re: "If I were Mr. President" :your Advice To GEJ by Ayoobscom(m): 12:52pm On Jan 16, 2012
I'd simply whispered to his large ears Mr president please grab a pen and resign' if you won't revert to N65

He's driving the nation into lawlessness
Re: "If I were Mr. President" :your Advice To GEJ by jake7703(m): 12:56pm On Jan 16, 2012
Quote from: jake7703 on Today at 12:40:10 PM

@Jake, born in the month of march; 1977-Thread title is your "If I were Mr. President" :your Advice To GEJ

My advice is, nigerians are not pushover as much as you might think.
Re: "If I were Mr. President" :your Advice To GEJ by cicero(m): 12:58pm On Jan 16, 2012
Pray to God for guidance. God will answer your heartfelt cry for guidance
Re: "If I were Mr. President" :your Advice To GEJ by aurenflani: 1:00pm On Jan 16, 2012
@ see*noevil - ur right on dis "two prosperous nations" but ur conclusion as to which was wrong! very false analysis, for it should hv been arewa & oduduwa. d other two will be embroiled in ritual masses murders & mass drowning for who gets to control d oil dollar.
Re: "If I were Mr. President" :your Advice To GEJ by nagoma(m): 1:02pm On Jan 16, 2012

Presence of PAIN does'nt guarantee any GAIN. Nigerians have suffered pains without any gain all these years so they do not trust the PDP government. Gradual withdrawal of subsidy with corresponding improvement in responsible governance will slowly but surely win back the confidence of Nigerians. Expensive wasteful political party adverts of promises in media is not the answer. Actions speak louder than words. GEJ should work towards restoration of trust and confidence in goverment from Nigerians and this must be through action and not by media rhetorics and propaganda films.
Re: "If I were Mr. President" :your Advice To GEJ by humblebee: 1:02pm On Jan 16, 2012
use his fvcking brains
Re: "If I were Mr. President" :your Advice To GEJ by Lasinoh: 1:03pm On Jan 16, 2012
How do you advise a 'STARK ILLITERATE'? undecided
Re: "If I were Mr. President" :your Advice To GEJ by victorazy(m): 1:05pm On Jan 16, 2012
My advise to him is to go back to previous price "N141" bcuz his agent in Dubai will be waiting for moni to purchase a property for him.
Re: "If I were Mr. President" :your Advice To GEJ by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jan 16, 2012
Jonathan should not go fighting the so called strike leaders, He should be Strategic in breaking the strike. He should target the workers pay and job security.

1. Direct all heads of parastatals and gov. Institutions to open an attendance list in the offices
2. It must be signed twice or thrice everyday.
3. For this January, He should pay workers a bit late, and based on the list pay only workers who were present to sign the register.
4. In case labour accountants are not available, directors should specifically summon the people responsible for processing payment to the office.

This will wipe away the seminance of strike in most locations including Abuja. In Lagos, the most NLC will do is a sit down strike. But once there is movement on the streets of Lagos the strike has lost its efficacy. he should not bother with Bakere and co, arresting them will only give them cheap popularity. If they have any case to answer in there public statements, it should be long after the strike.
Re: "If I were Mr. President" :your Advice To GEJ by bilaya(m): 1:08pm On Jan 16, 2012
I will advice him to divide the country.Breaking up like Czechoslovakia is always better than breaking up like Yugoslavia.Nigeria is a failed state.
Re: "If I were Mr. President" :your Advice To GEJ by eghost247(m): 1:09pm On Jan 16, 2012
Listen to the voice of the people
Re: "If I were Mr. President" :your Advice To GEJ by nagoma(m): 1:11pm On Jan 16, 2012
I will advise him to be Nigeria's President and not the President of Niger Delta-- at least for now.
Re: "If I were Mr. President" :your Advice To GEJ by IbroSaunks(m): 1:14pm On Jan 16, 2012
I'll tell him that i know he has what's best for Nigerians at heart. Then I'll advise him to do what is wise for the country and to be more tactful while doing it.
Re: "If I were Mr. President" :your Advice To GEJ by eghost247(m): 1:15pm On Jan 16, 2012
lol this will be one hell of a thread
Re: "If I were Mr. President" :your Advice To GEJ by dammieplus: 1:16pm On Jan 16, 2012
Typical Nigerians, nobody has offered a single concrete useful suggestion so far, all we do is criticize every move.
Re: "If I were Mr. President" :your Advice To GEJ by mavinc4u(f): 1:16pm On Jan 16, 2012
does he read post on this forum cos i wouldn't wasting my saliva on advice

(1) (2) (Reply)

Doctors Shocked After Boy’s Hands Swell To Giant Proportions [see Photo] / Jonathan: Mbaka Turned Opposition After Failed Bid To Secure Oil Blocks / Bloomberg Writes Off Buhari: “he Has No Capacity To Run Nigeria”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.