Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,190 members, 7,780,317 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:15 PM

Chevron Report That An Oil Rig Caught Fire Near Niger Delta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chevron Report That An Oil Rig Caught Fire Near Niger Delta (13025 Views)

Nigerian Twitter Users Call Out Ambode Over Report That Fashola Spent N139m On / Fire Near Alausa Central Mosque / KPMG Report That FG And NNPC Hid From Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chevron Report That An Oil Rig Caught Fire Near Niger Delta by mukina2: 3:11pm On Jan 16, 2012
BreakingNews Breaking News
Chevron report that an oil rig has caught fire off Nigeria's delta - @AP
https://twitter.com/BreakingNews/status/158911420224901122

AP The Associated Press
Chevron: Offshore rig near Nigeria's oil-rich delta catches fire, officials trying to account for workers: apne.ws/wig0PQ -EF
https://twitter.com/AP/status/158912372055097344

LAGOS, Nigeria (AP) -- Chevron Corp. says an offshore rig being run for its subsidiary near Nigeria's oil-rich southern delta has caught fire and officials are still trying to account for all the workers there.

Chevron spokesman Scott Walker said the fire started early Monday morning. He said the rig was just off the coast of the country's Niger Delta.

Walker said the company was still searching for all the workers onboard the rig at the time.

Nigeria is the fifth-largest crude oil exporter to the U.S. It pumps about 2.4 million barrels of crude oil a day. However, more than 50 years of oil production has seen environmental damage through delta's maze of muddy creeks and mangroves.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/AF_NIGERIA_OIL_UNREST?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT
Re: Chevron Report That An Oil Rig Caught Fire Near Niger Delta by efisher(m): 3:19pm On Jan 16, 2012
They may have suffered a blow out or something. I hope there were no casualties.
Re: Chevron Report That An Oil Rig Caught Fire Near Niger Delta by azyaq(m): 3:21pm On Jan 16, 2012
all of them go burn finish
Re: Chevron Report That An Oil Rig Caught Fire Near Niger Delta by ismhab(m): 3:22pm On Jan 16, 2012
Good development, let all the nigerian oil burn and dry, so that we can see what the cabals will steal again.
Re: Chevron Report That An Oil Rig Caught Fire Near Niger Delta by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jan 16, 2012
azyaq:

all of them go burn finish

abeg control your anger small small

i feel your pain---GEJ
Re: Chevron Report That An Oil Rig Caught Fire Near Niger Delta by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jan 16, 2012
Its boko haram
Re: Chevron Report That An Oil Rig Caught Fire Near Niger Delta by DAY12(m): 4:03pm On Jan 16, 2012
Why bad bad news sef!

Gej =
Re: Chevron Report That An Oil Rig Caught Fire Near Niger Delta by ollyruffy: 4:12pm On Jan 16, 2012
Jonathan has brought BADLUCK to this country.
Re: Chevron Report That An Oil Rig Caught Fire Near Niger Delta by olajide8(m): 4:19pm On Jan 16, 2012
Its just part of the sabotage by the militants
Ask jonathan he knows about it --eh! he knows about it
Re: Chevron Report That An Oil Rig Caught Fire Near Niger Delta by BetaThings: 4:22pm On Jan 16, 2012
Those guys are Nigerians and are not likely to survive it
I believe it is sabotage
Re: Chevron Report That An Oil Rig Caught Fire Near Niger Delta by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jan 16, 2012
Ask the militants jonathan deployed to the oil installations to guard them.they attacked the oil rig so they can steal their crude which is a typical behaviour of the IJAWS.oil bunkerers !
Re: Chevron Report That An Oil Rig Caught Fire Near Niger Delta by dozai: 4:30pm On Jan 16, 2012
Yes they all burnt except a cook. Sources have it that he went frolicking only to see the fire from far.
Re: Chevron Report That An Oil Rig Caught Fire Near Niger Delta by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jan 16, 2012
seems like asari and his occupiers got too enthusiastic
Re: Chevron Report That An Oil Rig Caught Fire Near Niger Delta by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jan 16, 2012
where are asari dokubo and his merry men to contain the situation?

or is it only arson and bunkering they know?
Re: Chevron Report That An Oil Rig Caught Fire Near Niger Delta by unphilaz(m): 4:33pm On Jan 16, 2012
oh the rig is tied of corruption so it just burst into flame?
Re: Chevron Report That An Oil Rig Caught Fire Near Niger Delta by Opoki(m): 5:11pm On Jan 16, 2012
Since when is crude oil becomes highly immflamable?
I suspect a foul play.
Re: Chevron Report That An Oil Rig Caught Fire Near Niger Delta by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jan 16, 2012
Opoki:

I suspect a foul play.

It's the handiwork of MEND militants deployed by General goatluck egbere jolantern.they want to make some cash from the old trade.
Re: Chevron Report That An Oil Rig Caught Fire Near Niger Delta by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jan 16, 2012
[size=25pt]fellow Nigerians nothing dey happen. I have seized power from that bloody civilian president called Jonathan ebele.

Im now in charge
[/size]
Re: Chevron Report That An Oil Rig Caught Fire Near Niger Delta by KayDee4: 5:23pm On Jan 16, 2012
Opoki:

I suspect a foul play.

Of course it's highly flammable .
Re: Chevron Report That An Oil Rig Caught Fire Near Niger Delta by jpphilips(m): 5:25pm On Jan 16, 2012
Nairaland needs age restriction at this stage.

a blow out of formation gas doesnt need crude to burn, it is natural gas for God's sake, you will never know how such accidents affect you till you assemble at ojota.

opoki!! what a comment and username
Re: Chevron Report That An Oil Rig Caught Fire Near Niger Delta by ismhab(m): 5:25pm On Jan 16, 2012
toba:

[size=25pt]fellow Nigerians nothing dey happen. I have seized power from that bloody civilian president called Jonathan ebele.

Im now in charge
[/size]

nice move.
Re: Chevron Report That An Oil Rig Caught Fire Near Niger Delta by ismhab(m): 5:28pm On Jan 16, 2012
toba:

Im now in charge
[/size]

General Goodluck ebele jonathan
Re: Chevron Report That An Oil Rig Caught Fire Near Niger Delta by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jan 16, 2012
toba:

Im now in charge
[/size]

We are in trouble in the hand of General Jonathan o.God where are you ?
Re: Chevron Report That An Oil Rig Caught Fire Near Niger Delta by Ganiyyah(f): 5:42pm On Jan 16, 2012
When Mr Presido came into power, Nigerians were hoping the 1st part of his name will bring 'GOODLUCK' to the nation. Unfortunately now, what we're getting is the latter, 'JO NA TAN'- A yoruba word which means 'to burn completely'!!!

Hmmm, I hope sey Nigeria go survive this regime o!
Re: Chevron Report That An Oil Rig Caught Fire Near Niger Delta by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jan 16, 2012
Lmao @ Jo Na Tan. grin bad girl
Re: Chevron Report That An Oil Rig Caught Fire Near Niger Delta by Wily1Wily: 5:49pm On Jan 16, 2012
Man leave the street now and go home,
Re: Chevron Report That An Oil Rig Caught Fire Near Niger Delta by LEXYLOV: 5:53pm On Jan 16, 2012
Asaro Dokubo and co militant gang are the first suspect. shocked shocked
Re: Chevron Report That An Oil Rig Caught Fire Near Niger Delta by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 16, 2012
LEXYLOV:

Asaro Dokubo and co militant gang are the first suspect. shocked shocked

Every Ijaw is an oil bunkerer and the ones guarding the flow station at that particular time should be arrested but i doubt if they will be arrested since General jonathan personally did the posting by himself.useless he-gOats !
Re: Chevron Report That An Oil Rig Caught Fire Near Niger Delta by solomon111(m): 6:06pm On Jan 16, 2012
Ganiyyah:

When Mr Presido came into power, Nigerians were hoping the 1st part of his name will bring 'GOODLUCK' to the nation. Unfortunately now, what we're getting is the latter, 'JO NA TAN'- A yoruba word which means 'to burn completely'!!!

Hmmm, I hope sey Nigeria go survive this regime o!
LMAO!!
Very creative, i must say.
Your next bra is on me.
Re: Chevron Report That An Oil Rig Caught Fire Near Niger Delta by abey40: 6:09pm On Jan 16, 2012
Pls lets be vigilant
Re: Chevron Report That An Oil Rig Caught Fire Near Niger Delta by larez(m): 6:54pm On Jan 16, 2012
What is so funny about this news? At least 30-60 Nigerians were probably on this rig assuming 2 shifts, and you guys laugh about them losing their lives. You should feel ashamed. I wonder what caused this. Blow out preventer (BOP), or inadequate mud mix/adjustment to kick.
Re: Chevron Report That An Oil Rig Caught Fire Near Niger Delta by Remii(m): 7:03pm On Jan 16, 2012
larez:

What is so funny about this news? At least 30-60 Nigerians were probably on this rig assuming 2 shifts, and you guys laugh about them losing their lives. You should feel ashamed. I wonder what caused this. Blow out preventer (BOP), or inadequate mud mix/adjustment to kick.

there were about 156 POB, 153 already accounted for, 3 missing.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anthony Ayodeji Resigns As Mimiko's Aide, Joins APC (resignation Letter) / Firms’ Failure To Remit 1% Profit To NYSC Fund Attracts Jail Term / Why South-East Should Produce Nigeria’s President – Doyin Okupe Writes APC, PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.