Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,398 members, 7,808,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:49 AM

What Makes A Car Peppers In The Eye - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / What Makes A Car Peppers In The Eye (8949 Views)

Nigerian Used Benz C320 A.k.a Groundnut Eye. / Extra Clean Toks Benz U.s.a Specs A.k.a.groundnut Eye. / EYE POPPING CARS; NAIRALAND AUTOSHOP. PRE-ORDER THE CAR OF YOUR DREAMS FROM USA! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Makes A Car Peppers In The Eye by joerope: 5:03pm On Jan 17, 2012
Please Nairalanders, i need help, my 1999 Toyota Camry looks everything Ok, but it peppers in the eye as if it is smock but the car doesn't smock, i do start it in the morning and leave it like 10 ti 15 minutes to see if it is smocking but is only water that comes out of exhaust pipe and it is not leaking oil any where.
In the first time, i was thinking that, it is my eye but any body i carry, complains of the same thing. I took it to the best Injector mechanics thinking it will stop but the same thing continues, i visited some other mechanics, but all of them are saying the car is okay,
Please, what can i do? I need urgent help please.
Re: What Makes A Car Peppers In The Eye by Okijajuju1(m): 5:12pm On Jan 17, 2012
Interpreting Encoded TEXT!!

Please Nairalanders, I need help. My 1999 Toyota Camry looks O.K, but it hurts the eyes just like it would if it produced alot of smoke, but the car dosent smoke at all. I do start it in the mornings and leave it for 5 - 10 minutes to see if it is smoking, but only water comes out the exhaust pipe and it isnt leaking oil anywhere.
The first time, I thought my eyes were bad but everyone who I bring to witness this also complains about the same effect. I have taken the vehicle to the best Injector mechanic thinking it will stop but the same thing keeps happening. I have also tried other mechanics and they all say my car is okay.

Please what can I do?! I need your help urgently.

##**End of text**##

@ OP

Do you steam your vehicle in an enclosed space?! Like in a closed shed or a garage?! undecided
Re: What Makes A Car Peppers In The Eye by Ikenna351(m): 5:37pm On Jan 17, 2012
Unburnt fuel, that what it means. Simply put, what is peppering your eye is the unburnt fuel. It could be that the spark plugs are not getting enough high current to spark the normal quantity of fuel that go into the combustion chambers or that the spark plugs are not burning the fuel completely because of excess fuel that go into the combsution chambers. Either of the two.

Ikenna.

4 Likes

Re: What Makes A Car Peppers In The Eye by sultaan(m): 11:02pm On Jan 17, 2012
Your check engine light is on, pull the codes if you don't want to keep guessing
Re: What Makes A Car Peppers In The Eye by Nobody: 12:15am On Jan 18, 2012
If your eyes are stinging from combustion fumes whilst driving, then more than likely you've got an exhaust leak somewhere. Get it checked, and whilst this is being carried out, the tail pipe length must protrude from your rear bumper by at least 2 inches. If it's shorter than your bumper, fumes will be drawn into the passenger compartment.

Just so you know -
it's very dangerous driving an automobile with exhaust fumes getting into the car. Carbon Monoxide is poisonous, and besides being fatal in high concentration, the fumes can make you sleepy and lethargic whilst driving, a potential dangerous situation. I would not drive the car till it's sorted.
Re: What Makes A Car Peppers In The Eye by joerope: 4:16pm On Jan 18, 2012
Please, thank you all for your contributions. Okija-juju, Ikenna351, Sultaan & Siena, though, i still expect more solutions.

Okija-juju you ask whether i do steem the vehicle in an enclosed place? the answer is NO,

Ikenna351, Your explanations looks like what i am suffering from, but you did not offer any solution, pls, do i need to change the plugs or see an electrician?

Sultaan, your question was, whether my the engine light is on? the answer is NO.

Siena, thanks for your contribution, i was thinking the same way that the exhaust is leaking but all the panel biters i visited keep telling me that it is not leaking and i think the exhaust is out side the rear bomber. Once again, thanks and i still await more contributions.
Re: What Makes A Car Peppers In The Eye by Ikenna351(m): 5:01pm On Jan 18, 2012
Your problem is not the spark plugs. Dont waste your money replacing them. I had a similar problem before. After troubleshooting, i found the wiring to the ignition coil relay as the culprit. The wrong wiring connection to the ignition relay was disrupting the volts going to the ignition coil from the relay & the relay would not send high volts/current to the distributor which would distribute the low current to the spark plugs, making the spark plugs not to produce enough sparks to burn air/fuel mixture in combustion chambers. Immediately i addressed the wrong connection, the peppering of the eye stopped, likewise the dilution of engine oil in the oil pan by fuel that was washing down the cylinders entering the crankcase stopped as well.

To be sure that what i mentioned above is the issue with your car, first, pull out the engine oil dipstick & smell it. If it smells fuel, then you have your answer. If the oil has overguaged & has lost it thickness or viscosity (not sticky anymore), there is your answer then.

Meanwhile, like Siena suggested, it could be your exhaust. Dont rule it out yet. I didnt mention it earlier because I assumed you must have checked that before posting.

Ikenna.

2 Likes

Re: What Makes A Car Peppers In The Eye by joerope: 5:11pm On Jan 18, 2012
Ikenna, God will surly bless you for taking your time off to address my problem, please, i will carry out all those checks and what ever i found, i will still get back to you.
Once again, thank you very much.
Re: What Makes A Car Peppers In The Eye by Ikenna351(m): 5:43pm On Jan 18, 2012
You dont need to get back to just me. Others here might know the best solution to fix the problem when identified, because i donot know it all, for am still a learner too. First, post the results of your findings & we will all take it from there. Goodluck! (not that of your President o! grin)

Ikenna.
Re: What Makes A Car Peppers In The Eye by joerope: 2:50pm On Jan 29, 2012
Hello house, I have an answer to my question (what makes a car peppers in the eye?)
I traveled to Gboko for burial, my younger brother who is a mechanics collected the key that he want to use the vehicle, after few minutes, he returned back and opened the bonnet and i ask him, what happened? and he said he want to make an adjustment on the taming chain and i told him that i have being using the car for some time now and i don't think i have any problem with taming chain, and he asked me that, have i not being experiencing anything in my eye why driving? From there, i slow down, it took him just few minutes and he closed the bonnet and left with the car and since then, i have being using the vehicle and nothing of such again.

SUMMARY; ALL THIS WHILE, I WAS FORCING THE CAR AND THAT WAS WHY THIS WAS HAPPENING, ALL WHAT MY BROTHER DID WAS JUST TO ADJUST THE TAMING CHAIN.

Thanks for all your contributions, they help in deepening my knowledge in some of the issues.
Once again, thank you, thank you and thank you.

1 Like

Re: What Makes A Car Peppers In The Eye by Ikenna351(m): 3:07pm On Jan 29, 2012
Congrats! Am happy your car issue has been sorted out.

Do you mean " timing chain"? If that is what you mean, then I would correct you that your car engine dosent have timing chain, but timing belt.

Ikenna.
Re: What Makes A Car Peppers In The Eye by sultaan(m): 7:58pm On Jan 29, 2012
That is unusual fix,if your timing was off your engine willrun rough and a skip belt tooth it means its time to change belt.
I thought it was aleaking air filther assembly
Re: What Makes A Car Peppers In The Eye by Ikenna351(m): 8:06pm On Jan 29, 2012
@ Sultaan. It also sounded weird to me. For a timing belt to be the cause, though, I really dont know much about this timing belt thing. Mine is timing chain. But that as it may, it could also suggest that the belt is weak. So the best option is replacement, together with the tensioner & water pump. What do you think?

Ikenna.
Re: What Makes A Car Peppers In The Eye by sultaan(m): 9:11pm On Jan 29, 2012
Timing chain controls how the valves and open and close so then don't run into each other, in non interference engine when your belt breaks, there is enough clearance so your piston won't hit and bend valves. there is my jeep engine with valve covers removed

Re: What Makes A Car Peppers In The Eye by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jan 29, 2012
I think what was adjusted was the ignition timing. If your timing is off you will surely get a certain amount of incomplete combustion.

@ OP, does your heck engine light come on before you start the engine? Reason I am asking is that on modern cars, if you have incomplete combustion this should have triggered a code. Additionally, not all situations triggers a CEL so you should still try yo pull codes.
Re: What Makes A Car Peppers In The Eye by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jan 29, 2012
sultaan:

Timing chain controls how the valves and open and close so then don't run into each other, in non interference engine when your belt breaks, there is enough clearance so your piston won't hit and bend valves. there is my jeep engine with valve covers removed

That is one clean cylinder head. Is this vehicle in Nigeria, if so what oil do you use?
Re: What Makes A Car Peppers In The Eye by joerope: 10:38am On Jan 31, 2012
Once again, thank you very much guys, i do not know much what exactly he did there to stop it, but he only told me that, he adjusted timing. Though, Ikenna seems to have much idea of what went wrong there, because, the first user of that vehicle changed water pump before selling it to me and i am suspecting that, that problem emanated from there.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Toks Honda Civic A.k.a( Fish Eye) / Just Landed & Clean As Whistle 2015 BMW 6 Series / KYB Shock Absorbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.