Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

How To Make Shawama? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Shawama? (15276 Views)

Help Please On Hw To Make Shawama. / I Want To Learn How To Make Shawama... / Suya, Isiewu, Nkwobi, Shawama, Barbecue Fish Stands Operators Needed (2) (3) (4)

How To Make Shawama? by Lucario007(m): 8:58pm On Jan 17, 2012
hello, u see i've always been hearin of this shawama everywhere and people say it's very delicious,
but due to the price i never tasted it before (950naira for 1! i could buy three burgers with change remain,)
however 2day a friend of mine took me to a restaurant where he decided to pay the bill and i bought
one chicken shawama, God! i don't know how to describe it, sha it was delicious.

am a baker(not by proffession) and would love to prepare it myself. pls how is it made?
Re: How To Make Shawama? by yme1(f): 5:53pm On Jan 18, 2012
Ingredients

For the marinade:
10 cloves garlic, chopped
2 lemons, juiced
6 tbsps olive oil
2 tsps curry powder
1 tsp salt
2 tsps ground pepper
5 drops yellow food colouring, optional
For the chicken:
900g boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 pieces pita bread
1 tomato, chopped

Shawarma sauce, recipe follows
For shawarma sauce:

3 cloves garlic
240ml store-bought tahini
700ml water
120ml lemon juice
Salt

Use imperial measurements

Method
How to make Chicken shawarma

1) To make the marinade, in a medium bowl, whisk together the garlic, lemon juice and oil. Add curry powder, salt, pepper and food colouring and whisk to combine. Add chicken and coat with marinade. Marinate chicken overnight in the refrigerator.

2) Preheat a barbecue to medium heat. Remove chicken from marinade. Barbecue chicken for about 10 minutes on each side or until fully cooked through. Serve chicken on pita and top with tomatoes and shawarma sauce.

3) For the shawarma sauce, add garlic to the bowl of a food processor and process until chopped. Add tahini and pulse to combine. With the machine running, slowly add cold water until frothy. Add lemon juice and mix until creamy. Season with salt, to taste.

This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore we cannot make any representation as to the results.

Re: How To Make Shawama? by yme1(f): 6:00pm On Jan 18, 2012
Sharwama Beef

Ingredients
2 lbs finely sliced fillet mignon or tenderized beef
1/2 cup finely sliced onion
1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper (not required)
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 cloves garlic minced
1/3 cup lemon juice
2 bay leaves
2 cinnamon sticks
3 cardamom beans (dry) or substitute with ¼ tsp ground cardamom
2 tsp seven spices (can be purchased at Dede's Store)
1 tsp salt or to taste
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 cup vinegar (optional)
1 Dede’s tahini sauce

Directions
In a large bowl mix first 13 ingredients and marinate for 4 hours or overnight. Place in 2 inch pan and cover with aluminum foil, place in 400 degree preheated oven for 40 minutes. Pour off excess liquid and remove foil, cook in oven for an additional 20 minutes. Serve with pita bread, tahini sauce and rice and pickles. Or make a shawarma sandwich

Re: How To Make Shawama? by Lucario007(m): 7:35pm On Jan 18, 2012
wow! shocked shocked shocked shocked this is more than i could ever ask for! am copying this now, infact lunch for 2morrow! grin grin
thanks alot! grin grin
Re: How To Make Shawama? by lightheart(m): 12:26am On Feb 01, 2012
y me:

Sharwama Beef

Ingredients
2 lbs finely sliced fillet mignon or tenderized beef
1/2 cup finely sliced onion
1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper (not required)
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 cloves garlic minced
1/3 cup lemon juice
2 bay leaves
2 cinnamon sticks
3 cardamom beans (dry) or substitute with ¼ tsp ground cardamom
2 tsp seven spices (can be purchased at Dede's Store)
1 tsp salt or to taste
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 cup vinegar (optional)
1 Dede’s tahini sauce

Directions
In a large bowl mix first 13 ingredients and marinate for 4 hours or overnight. Place in 2 inch pan and cover with aluminum foil, place in 400 degree preheated oven for 40 minutes. Pour off excess liquid and remove foil, cook in oven for an additional 20 minutes. Serve with pita bread, tahini sauce and rice and pickles. Or make a shawarma sandwich

shey iya shookoora dat sells food items for bstop will sha undastand if I start reeling out these names?? I'm gettin u,
Re: How To Make Shawama? by BlackBaron: 1:12am On Feb 01, 2012
Is this also called fajitas or burrittos. Recipes and pics look familiar

Making Moi Moi For The First Time (some Questions) / Your Collection Of Nigerian Local Names For Cooked Meat / How To Make Condensed Milk At Home