Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Swedish Tourist Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Swedish Tourist Visa (4834 Views)

Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Netherlands Tourist Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Swedish Tourist Visa by tinkinfela(m): 9:45pm On Jan 17, 2012
Hello folks,

I'm planning to invite my mom to visit me in Sweden for 2 weeks. I'm confused about two things, she doesn't bear my dad's lastname, as in she kept her lastname after they got married, so she still has her maiden name on her work papers, bank accounts etc,   she is going to apply for a passport now and not sure which lastname should be on the passport. She is not keen on travelling but I insisted because I haven't seen her in 2 years and have no plans to go to Nigeria now. I know these embassy people would refuse visa with any limp of excuse they find,  and I don't want her to go through the hassle and be refused. Also, she's been working for Government in the medical field for over 20 years and has been partly sponsoring my education here so I'm thinking it should be an easy ride, right?

Please advice,
Thanks!
Re: Swedish Tourist Visa by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jan 17, 2012
tinkinfela:

Hello folks,

I'm planning to invite my mom to visit me in Sweden for 2 weeks. I'm confused about two things, she doesn't bear my dad's lastname, as in she kept her lastname after they got married, so she still has her maiden name on her work papers, bank accounts etc,   she is going to apply for a passport now and not sure which lastname should be on the passport. She is not keen on travelling but I insisted because I haven't seen her in 2 years and have no plans to go to Nigeria now. I know these embassy people would refuse visa with any limp of excuse they find,  and I don't want her to go through the hassle and be refused. Also, she's been working for Government in the medical field for over 20 years and has been partly sponsoring my education here so I'm thinking it should be an easy ride, right?

Please advice,
Thanks!

Please just take her to the french embassy but not swedish embassy. Those ppl are crazy. very difficult for them to issue visas, and she not even having ur dad"s last name, thats a big red flag there. I mean u might have docs to prove ur mum is married to your dad, but deep down inside them they will think otherwise. ciao
Re: Swedish Tourist Visa by tinkinfela(m): 11:20pm On Jan 17, 2012
ogugua1:

Please just take her to the french embassy but not swedish embassy. Those ppl are crazy. very difficult for them to issue visas, and she not even having your dad"s last name, thats a big red flag there. I mean u might have docs to prove your mum is married to your dad, but deep down inside them they will think otherwise. ciao

Thanks for the response. Is it possible to apply at the French embassy even though sweden is her main destination and the documents i will be sending would show that i am currently living in Sweden?
Re: Swedish Tourist Visa by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jan 17, 2012
tinkinfela:

Thanks for the response. Is it possible to apply at the French embassy even though sweden is her main destination and the documents i will be sending would show that i am currently living in Sweden?

yes cos its part of the schengen zone. she don"t need documents frm sweden to apply for a france visa.
Re: Swedish Tourist Visa by Davedavy: 11:58pm On Jan 17, 2012
tinkinfela:

Thanks for the response. Is it possible to apply at the French embassy even though Sweden is her main destination and the documents i will be sending would show that i am currently living in Sweden?

If Sweden is her main destination or if she will be spending the greater part of her visit in Sweden,she must apply at the Swedish embassy.Another way around it is if she can book hotel accommodation for few days in any other shengen member state,she might be able to use that as a place of first entry into the shengen zone.

Take note of this:

If you plan to visit only one country in the Schengen zone, you should apply to the embassy or consulate of that country.
If you will be visiting several countries in the Schengen, you should apply to the embassy or consulate of the country you plan to spend most time in as this will be seen as your main destination.
If you plan to visit several countries within the Schengen without having a main destination, then you should apply to the embassy or consulate of the country you will visit first.
Re: Swedish Tourist Visa by Nobody: 12:06am On Jan 18, 2012
ogugua1:

yes cos its part of the schengen zone. she don"t need documents frm sweden to apply for a france visa.
Davedavy:

If Sweden is her main destination or if she will be spending the greater part of her visit in Sweden,she must apply at the Swedish embassy.Another way around it is if she can book hotel accommodation for few days in any other shengen member state,she might be able to use that as a place of first entry into the shengen zone.

Take note of this:

If you plan to visit only one country in the Schengen zone, you should apply to the embassy or consulate of that country.
If you will be visiting several countries in the Schengen, you should apply to the embassy or consulate of the country you plan to spend most time in as this will be seen as your main destination.
If you plan to visit several countries within the Schengen without having a main destination, then you should apply to the embassy or consulate of the country you will visit first.

@davedavy I agree with you but you have a good idea of the Scandinavia embassies you know how they work. Swedish embassy are very tight with their visas. If she can get a french visa, go to France, spend a day there and take a train next day to Sweden simple as as that. But its all up to op thou, do ur research well and i wish you Goodluck
Re: Swedish Tourist Visa by tinkinfela(m): 9:24am On Jan 18, 2012
Davedavy:

Take note of this:

Thanks but what will she say she is going to do in France though, when her son is in Sweden.

ogugua1:

@davedavy I agree with you but you have a good idea of the Scandinavia embassies you know how they work. Swedish embassy are very tight with their visas. If she can get a french visa, go to France, spend a day there and take a train next day to Sweden simple as as that. But its all up to op thou, do your research well and i wish you Goodluck

What name do you think should be on her passport though?
Re: Swedish Tourist Visa by kennybuda: 12:59pm On Jan 18, 2012
Get any swedish citizen to invite her period
Re: Swedish Tourist Visa by tinkinfela(m): 3:33pm On Jan 18, 2012
kennybuda:

Get any swedish citizen to invite her period

And what will I say is her relationship with the swedish citizen? undecided
Re: Swedish Tourist Visa by kennybuda: 4:47pm On Jan 18, 2012
Family friend
Re: Swedish Tourist Visa by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jan 18, 2012
@tinkerfela- Look i myself my fiancee lives in Sweden, she is not nigerian, she is white, born by swedish parents. i have schengen visas myself but her friends over in Sweden told her to file for cohabitant application i believe you know what i mean. they advised her so because the Swedish embassy are very strict, they advised her that its either i apply thru a different schengen embassy or she files for residency over there for me. Check out what they even do to students that even apply for student visas. they have all it takes but still get denied. Don"t say i did not warn you. Just do ypur research well and go ahead wit the process. Wat is ur immigration status in sweden. Are you a student? Do you have a resident permit and if you do when was it issued and how long u had it for. you have to consider all this things first. ciao. holla if u got more questions

1 Like

Re: Swedish Tourist Visa by tinkinfela(m): 7:43pm On Jan 18, 2012
ogugua1:

@tinkerfela- Look i myself my fiancee lives in Sweden, she is not nigerian, she is white, born by swedish parents. i have schengen visas myself but her friends over in Sweden told her to file for cohabitant application i believe you know what i mean. they advised her so because the Swedish embassy are very strict, they advised her that its either i apply thru a different schengen embassy or she files for residency over there for me. Check out what they even do to students that even apply for student visas. they have all it takes but still get denied. Don"t say i did not warn you. Just do ypur research well and go ahead wit the process. Wat is your immigration status in sweden. Are you a student? Do you have a resident permit and if you do when was it issued and how long u had it for. you have to consider all this things first. ciao. holla if u got more questions

lol, i get what you mean bruh but i'm just thinking about what the french embassy would ask her when they interview her,  like, "why are you applying to france when your son you're going to visit lives sweden",  you know these people wi,, always find excuses to deny visa,  also, ive been through the cohabitant thing myself ,  my resident permit is based on that although i'm studying and my girlfriend study at the same university so we live together.  but i don't see any reason to get her involved in this,  i mean i can't possibly see any reason why they should deny her.
Re: Swedish Tourist Visa by Davedavy: 11:16pm On Jan 18, 2012
tinkinfela:

lol, i get what you mean bruh but i'm just thinking about what the french embassy would ask her when they interview her,  like, "why are you applying to france when your son you're going to visit lives sweden",  you know these people wi,, always find excuses to deny visa,  also, ive been through the cohabitant thing myself ,  my resident permit is based on that although i'm studying and my girlfriend study at the same university so we live together.  but i don't see any reason to get her involved in this,  i mean i can't possibly see any reason why they should deny her.

Seriously speaking,i see no reason why your mum should be denied as long as she can demonstrate strong ties to Nigeria and she is financially capable of taking care of herself during her visit  (if she is the one sponsoring herself).Concerning the issue of her passport,the name should correspond with the name she  has been using all along,i mean the name on her passport should correspond with the name on her driving license,bank statements,id cards etc.she will need to present her marriage certificate to the embassy and probably your birth certificate (i believe her name is on your birth certificate).
You mentioned she has been partially sponsoring you,it will be a good idea if she can also include confirmations of some of the money she sent you.The main thing the visa officer will be looking for is her financial capability to afford the trip(as i believe she is the one sponsoring herself),and of course her ties to Nigeria.She will need to gather and present documents to that effect i,e bank statement,employment letter,property owned,marriage certificate etc.
I believe you have a comfortable accommodation where she will stay.
Re: Swedish Tourist Visa by sexylogan(m): 1:50am On Jan 23, 2012
^^^ Great advice, Dave. The Swedes are very courteous and provided her passport and

other documents are in order, she shudnt hav any trouble getting a visa from the Swedish embassy.
Re: Swedish Tourist Visa by tinkinfela(m): 4:28pm On Jan 23, 2012
Davedavy:

Seriously speaking,i see no reason why your mum should be denied as long as she can demonstrate strong ties to Nigeria and she is financially capable of taking care of herself during her visit  (if she is the one sponsoring herself).Concerning the issue of her passport,the name should correspond with the name she  has been using all along,i mean the name on her passport should correspond with the name on her driving license,bank statements,id cards etc.she will need to present her marriage certificate to the embassy and probably your birth certificate (i believe her name is on your birth certificate).
You mentioned she has been partially sponsoring you,it will be a good idea if she can also include confirmations of some of the money she sent you.The main thing the visa officer will be looking for is her financial capability to afford the trip(as i believe she is the one sponsoring herself),and of course her ties to Nigeria.She will need to gather and present documents to that effect i,e bank statement,employment letter,property owned,marriage certificate etc.
I believe you have a comfortable accommodation where she will stay.

Yes, thanks for the tips. Really helpful!
Concerning where she will stay, I'm planning to book a hotel.
Re: Swedish Tourist Visa by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jan 23, 2012
tinkinfela:

Yes, thanks for the tips. Really helpful!
Concerning where she will stay, I'm planning to book a hotel.

Tinkinfela i need u to tink abt this move properly. I am so sure about wat am saying, see i can even give u my fiancee number in Sweden and she will tell u life and direct. You see wat most ppl don"t understand is that it doesn"t mean if u do have all the documents requested for the visa u applying guarantees u a visa. Pls don"T get it wrong am not trying to solicit u or anytin am just telling u that the scands ppl don"t play. I have seen someone that has his dad over in this same sweden, his son applied last year but was denied, all the requested docs was sent in but he still got denied, i advised him to apply thru the german embassy , and he got approved for that, all he had to do was to get to Germany, spend a nite and the next day he bought a plane ticket to Sweden. As i speak to you today he is in Sweden chilling wit his pops. If your mum has a good job, a good bank account wit an available balance of 500k or more, she can apply for a french tourist visa, she doesn"t need to bring up your name or even say she is going to Sweden, all she needs to say is that she is goin to France for holiday when she gets there she can buy a ticket to Sweden. boss its ur call. do you. ciao
Re: Swedish Tourist Visa by Nobody: 5:17pm On Mar 27, 2012
[quote author=tinkinfela]

Tinkinfela whats up with you. hope all is well. did ur mum make it down to sweden. What part of sweden are u in, stockholm. holla me back. thanks
Re: Swedish Tourist Visa by tinkinfela(m): 1:55am On Jun 13, 2012
[quote author=ogugua1][/quote]

I paused the move but planning to give it a shot this summer. Are you in Sweden?
I live in the South, Småland
Re: Swedish Tourist Visa by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jul 10, 2013
tinkinfela:

I paused the move but planning to give it a shot this summer. Are you in Sweden?
I live in the South, Småland

Hi just saw this post, am in stockholm, been here for a year plus.
Re: Swedish Tourist Visa by btee234: 10:39am On Oct 09, 2015
Hi, uhmm I want to aapply for tourist visa at sweden embassy so I can use the visa on my passport to book ticket at turkish airline so I can get turkey, the reason y I am doing this is that I have to visit the latvian Embassy in turkey and I have tried all means to get turkish visa at the embassy but I could not get it ,so I was told that if I have a valid schengen visa I could use it to book tickect to turkey and gett a visa at there airport in isantbul, pls I need ur advise should I go with sweden or try any other schengen country dat it is easy to get there visa and if you knw any schengen country that is easy to get there visa pls say it

(1) (Reply)

Wakanow.com Is A Big Fraud / UK Or Canada / Employment Visa In Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.