Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,908 members, 7,806,643 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:42 PM

Residents In Abia, Anambra, Enugu Grown Over Fuel At N165- N170 Per Litre - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Residents In Abia, Anambra, Enugu Grown Over Fuel At N165- N170 Per Litre (5675 Views)

IPOB Members Killed Five Hausa-Fulani Residents In Abia State - DSS / Fayose Personally Gives Food Items To Residents In Ekiti State. Photos / Kerosene From N165 Per Litre Now Sells For N50 Per Litre. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Residents In Abia, Anambra, Enugu Grown Over Fuel At N165- N170 Per Litre by sbeezy8: 2:37am On Jan 18, 2012
[size=14pt]Dealers sell fuel for N170 per litre in Enugu
[/size]

on JANUARY 18, 2012 · in NEWS

BY TONY EDIKE
ENUGU—FUEL dealers in Enugu have turned down the directive by President Goodluck Jonathan to reduce pump price of petrol to N97 per litre.

Apart from the NNPC mega station that complied with the new price regime, major and independent marketers in the state declined as they continued to sell fuel between N165 and N170 per litre.

Most stations owned by major marketers remained shut throughout yesterday even as their dispensing pumps still read N141.50.

Only stations operated by the Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria, IPMAN, had fuel which they have consistently sold at cut-throat prices.

Some operators interviewed claimed that the products they had were procured after the removal of subsidy and as such could not sell at the new pump price.

Some residents interviewed grumbled over the exploitative tendencies of Enugu fuel marketers who have the culture of disobeying government’s directive on pricing of petroleum products.

They said that unless the marketers were forced to comply, they would continue to sell above the approved pump price under the flimsy excuse that new product procured at the new rate was yet to arrive the state.

They however asked officials of Department of Petroleum Resources, DPR in the state to enforce the directive of the President without delay in order to reduce the hardship which the masses had experienced on account of the fuel subsidy crisis.

It would be recalled that the operators adjusted their pump prices upward few minutes after the Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory  Agency, PPPRA, announced withdrawal of subsidy on January 1

….It’s N160 per litre in Anambra

BY VINCENT UJUMADU
AWKA—MOST filling stations in Anambra State were still selling petrol at N160 per litre yesterday, with the NNPC mega stations which sold at N97 witnessing long queues.

Some of the station attendants said they were directed to sell at the old price as what they had in stock was old stock.

Though the queues at the mega stations were unusually long, motorists waited patiently for their turns.

Many workers also reported for duty yesterday and spent the greater part of the day cleaning their offices, just as the banks recorded large number of customers.

Motor parks in the state were jam-packed as many people who returned home for Christmas and New Year celebrations and were trapped in the wake of the fuel subsidy strike had started returning to their stations.

Transport fares were still high as the commuters coughed out N7,000 for a journey to Lagos and Abuja by bus.

….Black market thrives at N200 per litre in Abia

BY ANAYO OKOLI
UMUAHIA— FOLLOWING the announcement of N97 as new pump price of petrol by President Goodluck Jonathan on Monday, most petrol stations in Umuahia and Aba, Abia State, are yet to readjust their pump.

Rather, they have decided not to sell petrol which they all sold when the subsidy was completely removed last week.

Only NNPC filling stations and few major marketers were selling petrol at the N97 per litre, while other stations refused to sell.

Because of the long queues in the stations, motorists who could not exercise patience patronized black market sellers who sold to them as much as N180 and N200 per litre.

One on the attendants at Mission Hill filling stattion said they had fuel but wanted “to watch and see what the President’s directive will look like.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/dealers-sell-fuel-for-n170-per-litre-in-enugu/
Re: Residents In Abia, Anambra, Enugu Grown Over Fuel At N165- N170 Per Litre by Nobody: 2:44am On Jan 18, 2012
This is an insult to the rich folks of SE, they can afford much more than that. They are swimming in money.
Re: Residents In Abia, Anambra, Enugu Grown Over Fuel At N165- N170 Per Litre by aljharem(m): 2:47am On Jan 18, 2012
Some residents interviewed grumbled over the exploitative tendencies of Enugu fuel marketers who have the culture of disobeying government’s directive on pricing of petroleum products.

They said that unless the marketers were forced to comply, they would continue to sell above the approved pump price under the flimsy excuse that new product procured at the new rate was yet to arrive the state.

That WE were all aware of but of course they would blame the yorubas for it of course because of their tribalistic brains that they cannot see beyond their nose.

greed is the hallmark of this issue.

see them crying that fuel is sold higher in the east. Whos fault ? FG or the people ?

Well lets give the marketers A CHANCE so they can do it right.
Re: Residents In Abia, Anambra, Enugu Grown Over Fuel At N165- N170 Per Litre by bashr8: 3:09am On Jan 18, 2012
Aigbofa:

This is an insult to the rich folks of SE, they can afford much more than that. They are swimming in money.

Your paying for it not them if they like let them sell fuel 1000 Nair a your still going to pay for it.
Re: Residents In Abia, Anambra, Enugu Grown Over Fuel At N165- N170 Per Litre by Nchara: 3:11am On Jan 18, 2012
These guys, pls stop clutching at straw.

Duh!!! There are poor people in the east too. We are not all rich. But for one poor Igbo, there are 100 poor Yoruba
Re: Residents In Abia, Anambra, Enugu Grown Over Fuel At N165- N170 Per Litre by Nobody: 3:14am On Jan 18, 2012
Nchara:

Duh!!! There are poor people in the east too. We are not all rich. But for one poor Igbo, there are 100 poor Yoruba

Really! There are poor people in the land of the rising sun? The streets are not paved with gold?
Re: Residents In Abia, Anambra, Enugu Grown Over Fuel At N165- N170 Per Litre by Nchara: 3:15am On Jan 18, 2012
Aigbofa:

Really! There are poor people in the land of the rising sun? The streets are not paved with gold?

Relative levels and number of the poor, my friend, levels and number.
Re: Residents In Abia, Anambra, Enugu Grown Over Fuel At N165- N170 Per Litre by Nchara: 3:19am On Jan 18, 2012
The fact is that since the refineries and depots went dead, giving way to fuel importation, fuel has always been more expensive in the SE and SS than elsewhere (may be except the North) ------------even b4 the subsidy removal.

Most imports are from Lagos, hence fuel was cheaper in the SW. I hope the removal of subsidy and refurbishing of the refineries and the depots in in PH, Enugu and Aba will bring back the lost glory.
Re: Residents In Abia, Anambra, Enugu Grown Over Fuel At N165- N170 Per Litre by sbeezy8: 3:26am On Jan 18, 2012
Nchara:

The fact is that since the refineries and depots went dead, giving way to fuel importation, fuel has always been more expensive in the SE and SS than elsewhere (may be except the North) ------------even b4 the subsidy removal.

Most imports are from Lagos, hence fuel was cheaper in the SW. I hope the removal of subsidy and refurbishing of the refineries and the depots in in PH, Enugu and Aba will bring back the lost glory.

so why complain? they are used to it right?

you make no sense
Re: Residents In Abia, Anambra, Enugu Grown Over Fuel At N165- N170 Per Litre by aljharem(m): 3:27am On Jan 18, 2012
Nchara:

lets say that is even the case

so that 1 poor person should suffer just to make the 100 yorubas suffer ?

do you people think at all ?
Re: Residents In Abia, Anambra, Enugu Grown Over Fuel At N165- N170 Per Litre by Nchara: 3:46am On Jan 18, 2012
Alj Nama:

See in the link below what our own oil cabals are doing for our own poor. What do you cabals do for their own poor?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=847509.msg9978747#msg9978747
Re: Residents In Abia, Anambra, Enugu Grown Over Fuel At N165- N170 Per Litre by Rhino5dm: 7:16am On Jan 18, 2012
New york protest, Egypt protest, Libya protest, Syria protest, Kano protest, Lagos protest. . .SE complain ! Spot the difference.

Have you ever seen animals in the zoo protesting? Animals can only groan and complain not protest, even when they are under combustible heat.
Re: Residents In Abia, Anambra, Enugu Grown Over Fuel At N165- N170 Per Litre by OneNaira6: 8:13am On Jan 18, 2012
LMFAO. If you fools believe this then no wonder Nigerian politicians play una mumu.  I don't know about Abia, but Enugu and Anambra I can vouch for.  I have relatives residing in both states and when I asked, this was news to them. Mind you, neither state is their indigenous home state so wetin them go get from defending it. ROFLMFAO  grin grin grin grin grin grin. I love this site, comical to say the least.  Tomorrow, na ND turns. Niger-delta go start complaining too, quote me on this. Tomorrow, a new article will surface on ND tears with Bayelsa leading grin grin grin grin grin,
Re: Residents In Abia, Anambra, Enugu Grown Over Fuel At N165- N170 Per Litre by Rhino5dm: 8:56am On Jan 18, 2012
Keep making foolery of yourself. Am right here in PH(which by all account is the heart beat of Niger Delta) and i can tell you that more than 90% of people here are crying. What is more pathetic is, they want to start fighting, silently protesting that fuel must be sold to them at 97/liter, even when the marketers explained that the new price can only be effective with new product. Who is fooling who? Do you know how much from Choba to Mile3?? Or do you know the transportation cost of Obigbo to GRA to Garrison?? ?.

Tune to WAZOBIA fm or SILVER BIRD fm to hear for yourself how people keep on calling to express their dissatisfaction with subsidy and SURE brouhahaha.

We all know the reason they refused to protest is a threat from Amaechi and Asari Dokubo. My freind works with a civil society organisation and Oronta Douglas personally ask them not protest and even promise them inducement(money), all in the name of not embarrassing GEJ.

So, what are you talking about? Keep living in bondage of deception.

One_Naira:

LMFAO. If you fools believe this then no wonder Nigerian politicians play una mumu. I don't know about Abia, but Enugu and Anambra I can vouch for. I have relatives residing in both states and when I asked, this was news to them. Mind you, neither state is their indigenous home state so wetin them go get from defending it. ROFLMFAO grin grin grin grin grin grin. I love this site, comical to say the least. Tomorrow, na ND turns. Niger-delta go start complaining too, quote me on this. Tomorrow, a new article will surface on ND tears with Bayelsa leading grin grin grin grin grin,
Re: Residents In Abia, Anambra, Enugu Grown Over Fuel At N165- N170 Per Litre by Yinkay: 9:19am On Jan 18, 2012
Bought at 180 per litre in Asaba yesterday night, it was 300 in the black market.
Re: Residents In Abia, Anambra, Enugu Grown Over Fuel At N165- N170 Per Litre by Yinkay: 9:21am On Jan 18, 2012
Bought at 180 per litre in Asaba yesterday night, a litre is 300 in the black market.
Re: Residents In Abia, Anambra, Enugu Grown Over Fuel At N165- N170 Per Litre by ochukoccna: 9:23am On Jan 18, 2012
Igbo kwenu should remind the marketers they didnt join the subsidy protests to get N97 fuel.
Seriously!
Re: Residents In Abia, Anambra, Enugu Grown Over Fuel At N165- N170 Per Litre by OneNaira6: 9:31am On Jan 18, 2012
Rhino.5dm:

Keep making foolery of yourself. Am right here in PH(which by all account is the heart beat of Niger Delta) and i can tell you that more than 90% of people here are crying. What is more pathetic is, they want to start fighting, silently protesting that fuel must be sold to them at 97/liter, even when the marketers explained that the new price can only be effective with new product. Who is fooling who? Do you know how much from Choba to Mile3?? Or do you know the transportation cost  of Obigbo to GRA to Garrison?? ?.

Tune to WAZOBIA fm or SILVER BIRD fm to hear for yourself how people keep on calling to express their dissatisfaction with subsidy and SURE brouhahaha.

We all know the reason they refused to protest is a threat from Amaechi and Asari Dokubo. My freind works with a civil society organisation and Oronta Douglas personally ask them not protest and even promise them inducement(money), all in the name of not embarrassing GEJ.

Yinkay:

Bought at 180 per litre in Asaba yesterday night, it was 300 in the black market.

Didn't I say it?  Na Psychic I be: look at how I predicted the future with slight mistake, haba tomorrow didn't even come before story turned to Niger-delta.
Story, story, once a upon a time, time, time. Oya finish it now. 
grin grin grin grin

I go conform the Asaba one tomorrow, I feel like I know the answer already. Unfortunately no family relative in Rivers to conform story.
Re: Residents In Abia, Anambra, Enugu Grown Over Fuel At N165- N170 Per Litre by sheyguy: 9:32am On Jan 18, 2012
If the marketers they directly trusted by taking the stance they took on the fuel subsidy removal are exploiting them, Then that's their own cup of tea, why are the marketers in abuja, shagamu, kogi, and other region not exploiting their own customers? The pple in the east r self-centered and blinded by tribal sentiments, if not they wouldn't be call a peaceful protest ethnically motivated.
Re: Residents In Abia, Anambra, Enugu Grown Over Fuel At N165- N170 Per Litre by 1virus(m): 9:40am On Jan 18, 2012
this fuel problem is every where, in mile2, cele isolo area in lag yerterday there was no fuel at all. Mobile okota sold 110/l yesterday, even b4 subsidy fuel has always been xpensive in SE thatz y the strike was of no interest 2 them.
Re: Residents In Abia, Anambra, Enugu Grown Over Fuel At N165- N170 Per Litre by doctokwus: 9:46am On Jan 18, 2012
They are lucky to even get d fuel @ N180.These are people who refused to protest,citing govt clampdown& support for dergulation.Well d mkt has effectively bn deregulated in d zone,d other regions are watching to see d enormous benefits so that they can now protest this time for total subsidy removal.No one in d SE& SS shd complain pls
Re: Residents In Abia, Anambra, Enugu Grown Over Fuel At N165- N170 Per Litre by megastu(m): 9:55am On Jan 18, 2012
Serves them right. When everyone was on strike and protesting, they were sleeping at home and opening their shops. They should sell fuel to them at N300.00. They desrve it.
Re: Residents In Abia, Anambra, Enugu Grown Over Fuel At N165- N170 Per Litre by Rhino5dm: 9:58am On Jan 18, 2012
This is what pigs do when caught red handed. Presently,(9:46 Am local Nigerian time) am listening to a call in program from WAZOBIA fm here in PH, and al the people calling are expressing dissatisfaction about the price of fuel. Any person living in PH should discredit me

You lied about the situation on the ground, and when you get called out, you came back rambling like a headless chicken. Keep the deception alive!

BTW, Why should i bother with your piggery and silly imagination? Go retrieve your brain from the gutter or eat some more poo to get better.

One_Naira:

Didn't I say it? Na Psychic I be: look at how I predicted the future with slight mistake, haba tomorrow didn't even come before story turned to Niger-delta.
Story, story, once a upon a time, time, time. Oya finish it now.
grin grin grin grin

I go conform the Asaba one tomorrow, I feel like I know the answer already. Unfortunately no family relative in Rivers to conform story.
Re: Residents In Abia, Anambra, Enugu Grown Over Fuel At N165- N170 Per Litre by ogazi007(m): 10:09am On Jan 18, 2012
Are they really complaining?what an irony?
Re: Residents In Abia, Anambra, Enugu Grown Over Fuel At N165- N170 Per Litre by go4value(m): 10:39am On Jan 18, 2012
Am very happy with this development ,i reside in 9thmile area of enugu state, while others were protesting in other parts of the country,people were going about thier nomal bussines,we tried to protest but d NLC leadership were sell out.now we must bear it.
Re: Residents In Abia, Anambra, Enugu Grown Over Fuel At N165- N170 Per Litre by muyoto: 10:57am On Jan 18, 2012
they shouldn't be complaining, nonsense!  angry
Re: Residents In Abia, Anambra, Enugu Grown Over Fuel At N165- N170 Per Litre by dustydee: 10:58am On Jan 18, 2012
I hope they are not complaining? It must be a lifestyle for them, let them enjoy jare.
Re: Residents In Abia, Anambra, Enugu Grown Over Fuel At N165- N170 Per Litre by CuteTj(m): 11:22am On Jan 18, 2012
I thought the SS & SE were in support of Subsidy removal that was why they refused to protest when we were all protesting just because fuel sold in their zone above N65. Didnt they realise that If pump price officially rises from N65 to N97 they will always pay above that? And if they dont know, inaccesible roads is the major reason why they will always pay more than the official pump price for petrol. They should have used that avenue to make their grievances known but they kept quiet. Serves them right!
Re: Residents In Abia, Anambra, Enugu Grown Over Fuel At N165- N170 Per Litre by Nobody: 11:23am On Jan 18, 2012
Rhino.5dm:

Keep making foolery of yourself. Am right here in PH(which by all account is the heart beat of Niger Delta) and i can tell you that more than 90% of people here are crying. What is more pathetic is, they want to start fighting, silently protesting that fuel must be sold to them at 97/liter, even when the marketers explained that the new price can only be effective with new product. Who is fooling who? Do you know how much from Choba to Mile3?? Or do you know the transportation cost of Obigbo to GRA to Garrison?? ?.

where are u in ph?
Re: Residents In Abia, Anambra, Enugu Grown Over Fuel At N165- N170 Per Litre by manny4life(m): 11:25am On Jan 18, 2012
Oh well, it's only a matter of time, for those selling above N97, when their demand for N150 is low, they will be forced to change. Oh btw, in as long as they ain't getting subsidy on that fuel, they are free to sell at whatever price they choose, but if not, they need to be reported ASAP.

Everyone keep saying it serves them right, OMG, yall should take a chill pill, it ain't all that. Sooner or later, if actually the story is true, it will get resolved.
Re: Residents In Abia, Anambra, Enugu Grown Over Fuel At N165- N170 Per Litre by Nobody: 11:27am On Jan 18, 2012
go4value:

Am very happy with this development ,i reside in 9thmile area of enugu state, while others were protesting in other parts of the country,people were going about thier nomal bussines,we tried to protest but d NLC leadership were sell out.now we must bear it.
alj haram moniker.
Re: Residents In Abia, Anambra, Enugu Grown Over Fuel At N165- N170 Per Litre by Koboland(f): 11:29am On Jan 18, 2012
God save us. cry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Would Be Better If? / Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP / How Do You Refer To Someone From Enugu State??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.