Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,899 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

SOPA Black Out On The Internet (how Is It Affecting You?) - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / SOPA Black Out On The Internet (how Is It Affecting You?) (5626 Views)

Make Money Using Internet: How To Earn With Blogging / "GHOST PUSH", The Worst Virus Affecting Over 600,000+ Android Users Per Day. / Black Out On The Internet (How Is It Affecting You?) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SOPA Black Out On The Internet (how Is It Affecting You?) by sweetpawn1: 5:20pm On Jan 18, 2012
Ohhhhhhh! shocked

Okay, I see.

After a while they put on this ridiculous black screen message. . .

SOLUTION:

Turn off JavaScript on your browser and access the site like no man's business!
Re: SOPA Black Out On The Internet (how Is It Affecting You?) by brooty: 6:31pm On Jan 18, 2012
i saw some thing about SOPA and did not get the meaning until i tried reading from one of my favorite site and getting this blank page
Re: SOPA Black Out On The Internet (how Is It Affecting You?) by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jan 18, 2012
@all GOOGLE did in it's own "slick way" demonstrate its displeasure with SOPA and PIPA

i searched on GOOGLE a few minutes ago and saw its blacked out icon >>

with this message:
"Tell Congress: Please don't censor the web!"

Wikipedia:

Call your elected officials.
Tell them you are their constituent, and you oppose SOPA and PIPA.

Why?
SOPA and PIPA would put the burden on website owners to police user-contributed material and call for the unnecessary blocking of entire sites. Small sites won't have sufficient resources to defend themselves. Big media companies may seek to cut off funding sources for their foreign competitors, even if copyright isn't being infringed.[size=18pt] Foreign sites will be blacklisted, which means they won't show up in major search engines[/size]. SOPA and PIPA would build a framework for future restrictions and suppression.

In a world in which politicians regulate the Internet based on the influence of big money, Wikipedia — and sites like it — cannot survive.

Congress says it's trying to protect the rights of copyright owners, but the "cure" that SOPA and PIPA represent is worse than the disease. SOPA and PIPA are not the answer: they would fatally damage the free and open Internet.

smh. so i guess it'll mean no more NL or Yardflex/Jamaica-Star for me  angry
Re: SOPA Black Out On The Internet (how Is It Affecting You?) by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jan 18, 2012
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-848709.0.html#msg9990895

^^queen you are obviously ignorant to the "forces behind GLOBAL internet" and what this means.
Re: SOPA Black Out On The Internet (how Is It Affecting You?) by seunlayi(m): 6:57am On Jan 19, 2012
just 24 hrs? I'll continue from where i stopped on tuesday

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Get A Prepaid Visa Card In 30 Minutes / Hackers Hit EFCC's Website / Important Factors That Will Make Your Website Redesign Process A Success

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.