Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,899 members, 7,806,627 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:20 PM

I Need Answers From Christians , Muslin's And New Age Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Need Answers From Christians , Muslin's And New Age Religion (1233 Views)

Muslims Are Expected To Know The Truth From Christians / Testimonies Are Welcome Here From Christians Only. / New Age Teachings Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Is It Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Answers From Christians , Muslin's And New Age Religion by otheloze: 11:26am On Jan 19, 2012
Recently i was at the car workshop trying to get my car fixed , while i was waiting for my car to be fixed, one of the workers came offering me oranges in the spirit of the Chinese new year (themed the year of the dragon). Being from a christian background i was tempted to pray over the oranges saying i cover it with the blood of Jesus, but somewhere inside me that pray makes me feel insecured with people with different creed and subconsciously breeding mistrust. I decided to go ahead and eat the fruit after thanking the attendant without any form of prayer.

I would like to ask how do you as a christian , muslin and others accept offers from people of other religion during their celebrations, do u reject bless or cover with blood of Jesus.
Re: I Need Answers From Christians , Muslin's And New Age Religion by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 19, 2012
While it has all the trimmings of superstitions, religion, socia-cultural differences and even a sub-concious mistrust or fear of strangers, this behaviour has no effect on the object you eat. if it is poisoned, you will die or worst, turn radically intolerant of races, religions and strangers. It all boils down to fear of disease and the apparent inability to confirm the health of food you are accepting - better to pray over it so that God can remove the impurities before you swallow (most cases he does not).

I think it is somewhere in the Bible that it is not what you eat that corrupts but what comes out
Re: I Need Answers From Christians , Muslin's And New Age Religion by Arosa(m): 2:00pm On Jan 19, 2012
You could have discreetly prayed before eating the oranges, cos in everything you must give thinks to the Lord.
Re: I Need Answers From Christians , Muslin's And New Age Religion by buzugee(m): 6:41pm On Jan 19, 2012
you sure that was an orange you ate or 'cat steak' ?
Re: I Need Answers From Christians , Muslin's And New Age Religion by JeSoul(f): 8:24pm On Jan 19, 2012
otheloze:
I would like to ask how do you as a christian , muslin and others accept offers from people of other religion during their celebrations, do u reject bless or cover with blood of Jesus.
As a christian we follow the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Sometimes you will be led to eat with thanksgiving, other times to abstain. There is no hard and fast rule. Just use your God-given wisdom and common sense always remembering to keep honor for God & love/respect for the other person as the only absolutes. Cheers.
Re: I Need Answers From Christians , Muslin's And New Age Religion by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:34pm On Jan 19, 2012
cover with blood of christ thats just weird and lame. tongue
Re: I Need Answers From Christians , Muslin's And New Age Religion by Image123(m): 10:05pm On Jan 19, 2012
JeSoul:

As a christian we follow the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Sometimes you will be led to eat with thanksgiving, other times to abstain. There is no hard and fast rule. Just use your God-given wisdom and common sense always remembering to keep honor for God & love/respect for the other person as the only absolutes. Cheers.
PAGAN 9JA:

cover with blood of christ thats just weird and lame. tongue
I think i agree with almost all the replies especially these two quoted. If i were you though, i'll pray and thank God for the food, reminding those around that i'm a christian and not ashamed to be. You can't please the man more than God.
Re: I Need Answers From Christians , Muslin's And New Age Religion by muyoto: 10:42pm On Jan 19, 2012
prayer with thanksgiving should suffice. You don't need to cover anything with the Blood.
Re: I Need Answers From Christians , Muslin's And New Age Religion by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 20, 2012
The truth is you do not need to pray jack-whot before eating anything so long as you know how your stomach takes certain foods.
Praying before eating is just based on Religious leanings and Superstitions. but hey,it never hurt to do it anyway wink
Re: I Need Answers From Christians , Muslin's And New Age Religion by Hutchie(m): 10:52am On Jan 20, 2012
To the original poster. I do not think it is wrong "in principle" to accept food from people of other cultures but scripture does warn us not to eat anything offered up to idols.

You must abstain from eating food offered to idols, from consuming blood or the meat of strangled animals, and from sexual immorality. If you do this, you will do well. Farewell." Acts 15:29
Re: I Need Answers From Christians , Muslin's And New Age Religion by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:01pm On Jan 20, 2012
Hutchie:

To the original poster. I do not think it is wrong "in principle" to accept food from people of other cultures but scripture does warn us not to eat anything offered up to idols.

You must abstain from eating food offered to idols, from consuming blood or the meat of strangled animals, and from intimate immorality. If you do this, you will do well. Farewell." Acts 15:29

you are dumb. Food offered to the Gods is still food accept that it has been offerred with goodwill to the divine forces.
Re: I Need Answers From Christians , Muslin's And New Age Religion by InyangO: 1:52pm On Jan 20, 2012
The bible says that if as a believer u re invited by an unbeliever to a dinner and meat is offered u, receive with prayer and thanksgiving and eat it for the earth is the Lord's n the fulness thereof. But if sb tells u while at the table that the meat was offered to idol, don't eat for d sake of him that told u n for his consciense.if a Chinese gave u food receive with prayer n thanks to God. Ur prayer sanctifies the food.but if u ve doubt don't eat 4 anythg u do that doesn't come by faith is sin.1COR8. God bless u.
Re: I Need Answers From Christians , Muslin's And New Age Religion by kelz88(f): 1:55pm On Jan 20, 2012
It's just flipping oranges. Gosh!!

Sometimes you just gotta let God chill for a bit without running to him every 2 seconds.

Were you scared the oranges would have killed you or that it was already offered to idols?!

If you're as Christian as you claim to be, then I'm sorry but you don't need to fear anything. Just enjoy the oranges. After all, God dey.
Re: I Need Answers From Christians , Muslin's And New Age Religion by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jan 20, 2012
kelz88:

It's just flipping oranges. Gosh!!

Sometimes you just gotta let God chill for a bit without running to him every 2 seconds.

Were you scared the oranges would have killed you or that it was already offered to idols?!

If you're as Christian as you claim to be, then I'm sorry but you don't need to fear anything. Just enjoy the oranges. After all, God dey.

bin trying to pass that all along - Religious folks in spite of all the robust promises and assurance in the Bible keep shooting themselves in the foot by allowing fear chip at their Faith on a daily basis. F'course it will affect your psychology and subsequently your sub-concious where your Faith grows sad
Re: I Need Answers From Christians , Muslin's And New Age Religion by otheloze: 3:43am On Jan 22, 2012
voltron:

bin trying to pass that all along - Religious folks in spite of all the robust promises and assurance in the Bible keep shooting themselves in the foot by allowing fear chip at their Faith on a daily basis. F'course it will affect your psychology and subsequently your sub-concious where your Faith grows sad

You seem to miss the point or my question , did u read the part i stated that i went ahead and eat the orange without any form of prayer (so where does the issue of fear arise from). I just perceived the undue paranoia most Christians feel towards other creed. I bet if u have a friend who attends MFM u would get a better picture were i am driving at. They suspect every thing
Re: I Need Answers From Christians , Muslin's And New Age Religion by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:46pm On Apr 03, 2012
[size=13pt]I have a somewhat ambiguous relation with the New Age; rather similar to my relation to the Integral Movement. That is, I greatly like and am attracted to some things in the movement, and strongly resonate with them, but at the same time are put off, disappointed, or disillusioned by other aspects.

Critics and sceptical materialists would automatically label me (and the NAIRALAND website) as New Ager . Strictly speaking I am a Satanist and New ager. wink
[/size]
Re: I Need Answers From Christians , Muslin's And New Age Religion by LogicMind: 3:52pm On Apr 03, 2012
you are not hungry enough.
Re: I Need Answers From Christians , Muslin's And New Age Religion by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:20pm On Apr 03, 2012
[size=13pt]New Agers create our own reality. we believe that we can create reality by what we believe, so by changing what we believe, we can change reality. All moral boundaries have been erased by the metaphysical influence of Taoism’s yin and yang, the ebb and flow of competing and complementary forces. There are no absolutes because there is no distinction between good and evil. Nothing has reality until one says that it is reality or says that it is truth. If finite man can create truth, we are in desperate trouble in our society. Unless there are eternal absolutes from the eternal God, man will eventually become his own destruction.

We New Agers make contact with the kingdom of darkness. Calling a medium a “channeler” and a demon a “spirit guide” has not changed the reality of what we are. This is the kingdom of darkness of which Satan is the head, who asked Eve, “Has God said?” Those involved in this kind of activity are in contact with a world that is totally opposed to the biblical God revealed to us in Jesus Christ who defeated Satan in His life just like the Christian bible have claimed written -- i have to share sometimes from Christian perspective (Matthew 4:1-11) and then through His death and bodily resurrection (Colossians 2:15; Hebrews 2:14-18).
[/size]
Re: I Need Answers From Christians , Muslin's And New Age Religion by Nobody: 6:20pm On Apr 03, 2012
Ogaga4Luv: [size=13pt]New Agers create our own reality. we believe that we can create reality by what we believe, so by changing what we believe, we can change reality. All moral boundaries have been erased by the metaphysical influence of Taoism’s yin and yang, the ebb and flow of competing and complementary forces. There are no absolutes because there is no distinction between good and evil. Nothing has reality until one says that it is reality or says that it is truth. If finite man can create truth, we are in desperate trouble in our society. Unless there are eternal absolutes from the eternal God, man will eventually become his own destruction.

We New Agers make contact with the kingdom of darkness. Calling a medium a “channeler” and a demon a “spirit guide” has not changed the reality of what we are. This is the kingdom of darkness of which Satan is the head, who asked Eve, “Has God said?” Those involved in this kind of activity are in contact with a world that is totally opposed to the biblical God revealed to us in Jesus Christ who defeated Satan in His life just like the Christian bible have claimed written -- i have to share sometimes from Christian perspective (Matthew 4:1-11) and then through His death and bodily resurrection (Colossians 2:15; Hebrews 2:14-18).
[/size]

now this is really evil shiit right there stay away from this dude grin
Re: I Need Answers From Christians , Muslin's And New Age Religion by LogicMind: 6:24pm On Apr 03, 2012
voltron:

why? he's the reason for your existence.
good can't be without evil.
you need him.
Re: I Need Answers From Christians , Muslin's And New Age Religion by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:07am On Apr 04, 2012
[size=13pt]Don't stay away my teachings is only pure to expose top secrets of the World.-
[/size]
voltron:

Re: I Need Answers From Christians , Muslin's And New Age Religion by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:10am On Apr 04, 2012
[size=13pt]he'll be missing so much when he avoids me -- so many have send me a mail telling me thank you for teaching them the secrets of life and that what makes them what they are today . we control the physical spiritually first in reality.
[/size]
Logic Mind:

why? he's the reason for your existence.
good can't be without evil.
you need him.

(1) (Reply)

. / MFM Rewards 77 First Class Students / Shocking All That Tithing Is Apparently Not Working . . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.