Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,437 members, 7,808,566 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

Facebook Makes Us Sad (Research). Duh? - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Facebook Makes Us Sad (Research). Duh? (5193 Views)

Facebook Makes Another Good Move / The Most Effective #keywords #research To #rank High In #google / So Sad! Btjunkie Has Shutdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facebook Makes Us Sad (Research). Duh? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 21, 2012
Korrection:

i caught my beautiful girlfriend cheating on facebook, she left the pc open and slept off, i went into it and found out she has been fvcking someone else who even threatened to show her Unclad pics online, Pathetic

Very interesting indeed
Re: Facebook Makes Us Sad (Research). Duh? by StarFlux: 7:22pm On Jan 21, 2012
only using facebook to keep myself updated. i no send what people do there.
Re: Facebook Makes Us Sad (Research). Duh? by romero(m): 10:21pm On Jan 21, 2012
50/50
But come to think of it, does Facebook realy make u happy? Myself! Oh no, it does not. D ppose of FB is deafeated. Fake identity, fake friends, infidelity, lust,untruthfulness, lies, copy copy and deceptions promoted.
Re: Facebook Makes Us Sad (Research). Duh? by RuuDie(m): 8:51am On Jan 22, 2012
It doesn't really matter if the research was wholly centered on FB or not. . . . .but if we really want to be honest with ourselves, sometimes we catch ourselves flipping through the photos of people we don't even know thinking"damn. . . . I wish it was me!"
I don't know about you but I do know I have found myself in such a situation many times. So essentially, while some of the conclusions are flawed, in reality we don't rocket science analysis to tell us that the 'impressions' about other people we get from some of these social networks sometimes makes us have a less than pleasant view of ourselves!
Re: Facebook Makes Us Sad (Research). Duh? by tpia5: 8:31pm On Jan 22, 2012
people generally try to look happy and relaxed when posing for the camera.

facebook being photo based, will reflect that.

The introduction goes on to state Facebook enables people to present themselves and their life circumstances the way they would like them to be seen. According to the study, those who actually know their Facebook friends in person and who don't spend as much time staring at pictures of allegedly happy "friends" but rather spend more time actually socializing with their friends are less unhappy than others.

In other words, Facebook users, you know those people you've never met but you call your friends? The ones who post all the braggy status updates and the smiling snapshots of themselves doing a lot of really cool things?

Well, they're not always smiling. They worry about bills and illness and whether they're important or loved and a thousand other things just like you. The only difference is that they're going out and doing things they enjoy, with people they enjoy being with. And then they're posting those pictures on the internet. That's it; that's the difference between them and you. Try it and you'll see.

http://news.yahoo.com/sad-tale-facebook-envy-002419060.html
Re: Facebook Makes Us Sad (Research). Duh? by tpia5: 8:37pm On Jan 22, 2012
not sure how youths of today are doing things in any case.

back in my day there was no facebook, no www, no cell phones, texting, etc.

we had more real-time interactions, as opposed to these online ones.

i wonder what its like to have your whole life revolving around being mapped, documented, photographed , interneted, displayed on facebook, texted, cell phoned, yimmed, skyped, etc etc.

and we're not even in outer space yet as far as i know.
Re: Facebook Makes Us Sad (Research). Duh? by tpia5: 8:39pm On Jan 22, 2012
used to be considered the stuff of sci-fi yet we have all these and still went nowhere, not even the moon.
Re: Facebook Makes Us Sad (Research). Duh? by mrperfect(m): 9:40am On Jan 23, 2012
I think this rings true judging by the analysis.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Risk In Buying A Premium Theme From a Third-party? / Need Nigerians Email Address / How Easy Is Web Designing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.