Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,556 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

State House Press Release On Kano Boko Haram Attack - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State House Press Release On Kano Boko Haram Attack (17616 Views)

Why We Attacked Kano - Boko Haram / Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed / State House Press Release On The New Acting IGP MD Abubakar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

State House Press Release On Kano Boko Haram Attack by mukina2: 6:05pm On Jan 21, 2012
STATE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE: President Jonathan Condoles with Channels TV, Others on Kano Incident

STATE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE

President Jonathan Condoles with Channels TV, Others on Kano Incident

President Goodluck Jonathan has expressed his condolences to all victims, including the management and staff of Channels Television, following the multiple bomb blasts and acts of violence which rocked the city of Kano on Friday, in which seven persons were confirmed dead and others wounded. Among the seven persons killed in the incident was a reporter with Channels Television in Kano, Mr Enenche Akogwu. Mr Akogwu was reportedly shot and killed while on duty during the exchange of fire between men and officers of the Nigeria Police and the terrorists at the Farm Centre Police Station, Kano.

President Jonathan who said he was greatly saddened by the incident which led to the loss of lives of innocent Nigerians, pledged to get to the root of the incident while assuring the management and staff of Channels Television which lost its Kano-based correspondent and indeed all Nigerians, that those behind these acts of terrorism would be made to face the full wrath of the law.

He commended the media as the Fourth Estate of the Realm for living up to its constitutional and noble responsibility in these critical times and assured all journalists that “the Federal Government will continue to partner with the media in a robust and patriotic manner in the drive to build, institute and sustain the administration’s transformational values and programmes for our dear country and indeed Nigerians."

The President further commended the media for its historic role in protecting constitutional democracy and the rule of Law in Nigeria and promised to ensure that those who lost their lives in the Kano incident do not die in vain as those behind the acts of violence will be apprehended and speedily dealt with in accordance with the Laws of the land.

The President said: “It is with a heart full of sadness and pain that I convey my condolences on behalf of the Federal Government of Nigeria to the families, friends, associates and relatives of all those who lost their lives in the acts of violence in Kano on Friday. These are honest and patriotic Nigerians who were brutally and recklessly cut down by agents of terror. As a responsible Government, we will not fold our hands and watch enemies of democracy, for that is what these mindless killers are, perpetrate unprecedented evil in our land. I want to re-assure Nigerians, the international Community, and members of the fourth estate of the realm, who lost one of their colleagues, a reporter with Channels Television, that all those involved in that dastardly act would be made to face the full wrath of the law.”

Reuben Abati

Special Adviser to the President

(Media and Publicity)

21 January 2012
https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=333334260023469
Re: State House Press Release On Kano Boko Haram Attack by Aare1(m): 6:08pm On Jan 21, 2012
over 24hrs later. Rubbish. angry angry angry
Re: State House Press Release On Kano Boko Haram Attack by mechris: 6:10pm On Jan 21, 2012
Dumb prose !!
Re: State House Press Release On Kano Boko Haram Attack by doctokwus: 6:11pm On Jan 21, 2012
7 kor,7 ni. We are talking of @least 140 dead& this people still delude themselves thinking anybody has any confidence or trust in d govt anylonger
Re: State House Press Release On Kano Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jan 21, 2012
I don't understand. Boko Haram has claimed responsibility. You - GEJ - earlier this year said you know the spnsors of Boko Haram. Why not just go after the people you claim you know. Abi you dey fear?
Re: State House Press Release On Kano Boko Haram Attack by kokoA(m): 6:12pm On Jan 21, 2012
Let them keep taking us for a ride. one day na one day. mtcheeeewww! Rubish
Re: State House Press Release On Kano Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jan 21, 2012
nonsense government angry angry angry
Re: State House Press Release On Kano Boko Haram Attack by folarin22(m): 6:13pm On Jan 21, 2012
But guys, let me ask a question ohhh.

Na today Boko start to dey BOMB wey GEJ dey say na now im wan catch them?

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

No be small thing ooh.
Re: State House Press Release On Kano Boko Haram Attack by 27naira(m): 6:13pm On Jan 21, 2012
Aare 1:

over 24hrs later. Rubbish. angry angry angry

^^^

so when was he suppose to respond?

You guys just criticize the presidency without giving any recourse to common sense. SMH
Re: State House Press Release On Kano Boko Haram Attack by olapluto(m): 6:13pm On Jan 21, 2012
The news just filtered to Aso rock after over 24 hours. And they say we have a government
Re: State House Press Release On Kano Boko Haram Attack by gaddafe(m): 6:14pm On Jan 21, 2012
Why am i getting tired of all this. It all looks like repetition to me. Everytime  bomb blast, the president's speech is the same until another one goes off. Rubbish!
Re: State House Press Release On Kano Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 21, 2012
the real statement hasnit come from the Condolence President. That is Abati's prose. You know the normal jab 'Terrorists Attack happens everywhere. Now its Nigeria's Turn'. What a dumb-bottom-foolish-ediotic President, lily livered fellow. chai! Nigerians dey suffer oh! suffering and smilling. silly!
Re: State House Press Release On Kano Boko Haram Attack by Rhino5dm: 6:17pm On Jan 21, 2012
This sounds to me more like a self glorification. Sadluck Jonadunce always look for an avenue to promote his image.

BTW, the death toll is 147 NOT 7, let people know true position of things. Atleast honour the brave by properly reporting them.
Re: State House Press Release On Kano Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 21, 2012
Okay.  undecided
Re: State House Press Release On Kano Boko Haram Attack by laidol(f): 6:19pm On Jan 21, 2012
", that those behind these acts of terrorism would  be made to face the full wrath of the law."

even the writer of that text does not believe the statement - i just wish BH will visit aso rock so that the inhabitants will know how to live with bomb blast.

clueless govt.
Re: State House Press Release On Kano Boko Haram Attack by NegroNtns(m): 6:21pm On Jan 21, 2012
A solicitation address for media support.

He mentioned media in four out of five paragraphs.  

Weak address!  No resolve!! Promising to apply the full extent of the law of the land.  Is it the law of the land to give bail to bokoharam and release them to go free?  Is it the law to let a convict escape?  Is it the law to compensate the father in law of a sworn enemy who died killing others?

fvck Gej!!
Re: State House Press Release On Kano Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 21, 2012
The Nigeriannnn Project!!!. Federal Government is inept and out of touch with reality. What do you expect from them?

The average Nigerian is worth nothing to THEM.

I just want to hear and see what Engr Rabiu Musa KwanKwaso( Governor or Kano State) will say and DO. He is a radical,action man, and former Defense Minister under Obasanjo.

And then I will pass my FINAL judgment cool.
Re: State House Press Release On Kano Boko Haram Attack by mondob2k(m): 6:22pm On Jan 21, 2012
I dont know why pple are expectin much from a man who said this is a burden we must live with
Re: State House Press Release On Kano Boko Haram Attack by citizenisb: 6:24pm On Jan 21, 2012
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-16663693
Re: State House Press Release On Kano Boko Haram Attack by mikebiog(m): 6:25pm On Jan 21, 2012
lets stop blaming GEJ for anytin. uneasy lies d heart dat bears the crown.have u ever led a small group? if no go and try.if yes how does it look like? not to talk of a country as nigeria. what that man néed is the prayers of u and i
Re: State House Press Release On Kano Boko Haram Attack by Nabilah: 6:26pm On Jan 21, 2012
Same old story!
Re: State House Press Release On Kano Boko Haram Attack by citizenisb: 6:27pm On Jan 21, 2012
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/breaking-news-kano-attack-death-toll-rises-to-162/
Re: State House Press Release On Kano Boko Haram Attack by Aare1(m): 6:28pm On Jan 21, 2012
27naira:

^^^

so when was he suppose to respond?

You guys just criticize the presidency without giving any recourse to common sense. SMH

wow !!!, did you mean think before you typed the highlighted text? SMH for you too. Its obvious you are so immersed in the way we run our rubbish govt. in Naija that you have no idea what proper governance is supposed to be like.
Re: State House Press Release On Kano Boko Haram Attack by talktrue1(m): 6:29pm On Jan 21, 2012
since 1st October, govt has been telling us that those behind bombing will be brought to book.
where is the book?
is it in heaven or hell because suspects are always released either by police or court before the book is brought.
Re: State House Press Release On Kano Boko Haram Attack by monkeyleg: 6:31pm On Jan 21, 2012
Very weak statement
Re: State House Press Release On Kano Boko Haram Attack by prodam(m): 6:33pm On Jan 21, 2012
very very weak statement,
the speech has not in anyway responded to the massacre, what a careless government
GEJ should learn from obama
Re: State House Press Release On Kano Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 21, 2012
mikebiog:

lets stop blaming GEJ for anytin. uneasy lies d heart dat bears the crown.have u ever led a small group? if no go and try.if yes how does it look like? not to talk of a country as nigeria. what that man néed is the prayers of u and i

sieze noise there ediot! for how long you go siddon look! You just created an account to post this rubbish. why didnt you show yourself?
Re: State House Press Release On Kano Boko Haram Attack by Ufeolorun(m): 6:37pm On Jan 21, 2012
More than 100 lives discounted to 7 for political expediency
I have no single regard for Jonathan but
Reuben Abati!!! Ha! if I had spiritual powers I will surely ta afoshe fun e.

Jonathan is a slave who has now become a king and this is what people get when a slave becomes king.
Re: State House Press Release On Kano Boko Haram Attack by tboy30: 6:39pm On Jan 21, 2012
ets stop blaming GEJ for anytin. uneasy lies d heart dat bears the crown.have u ever led a small group? if no go and try.if yes how does it look like? not to talk of a country as nigeria. what that man néed is the prayers of u and I

Did I read u well? Was he forced to come n rule.Anytin worth doing @ all should be done well.pls realise dis,Nigerians live in a country with no security measures.The Govt or wotever is just there for the sake of an establishment.don't get it wrong n u come here to open ur mouth n run nonsense.smh for u.
Re: State House Press Release On Kano Boko Haram Attack by violent(m): 6:41pm On Jan 21, 2012
President Jonathan who said he was greatly saddened by the incident which led to the loss of lives of innocent Nigerians, pledged to get to the root of the incident while assuring the management and staff of Channels Television which lost its Kano-based correspondent and indeed all Nigerians, that those behind these acts of terrorism would be made to face the full wrath of the law

same ol same ol
Re: State House Press Release On Kano Boko Haram Attack by PHIPEX(m): 6:41pm On Jan 21, 2012
Bomb explosion in several locations and the shootout that followed after it in a state that claimed to be the highest populated in the country and someone "with his senses intact" says only 7 PEOPLE DEAD. Its like the act of lieing was invented in Aso rock, they could as well hv said there was no casualty.
Re: State House Press Release On Kano Boko Haram Attack by nelly4(f): 6:45pm On Jan 21, 2012
Nigeria, good people, bad government

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mob Lynch Suspected Suicide Bomber In Kano / What Recent Surrender Of Boko Haram Members Means For Nigeria’s Fight / Marketers Move To End NNPCL Petrol Import Monopoly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.