Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,024 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. (22008 Views)

Man Disappeared Just A Month To His Wedding (photo) / He/she Is 'just A Friend'.12 Signs Of An Emotional Infidelity / Ten-Year-Old Gives Birth To Baby Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by ifyalways(f): 10:21am On Jan 26, 2012
At that point,I was confused.CC is privy to all the info as I shared with her(Chioma did anyway)

I asked her what she needs the 150K for and she said its for her school fees.
I reminded her that she told me on monday her parents already paid the fees and she said"aunty there is a way we pay our school fees,we use e-transact.My parents paid through e-tranzact so i still have access to the money through ATM"

I told her then that I dont understand some of her storied anymore and I cannot give out my account details to her or anyone.

She now suggessted i tell nldcharity so that channel can be used for fund raising for her.

At this junction,I contacted,NLDcharity cordinator(r231) and his advise was:
I should not give out my account details.
NLD charity cannot start fund raising for her cos she is YET to state that she needs funds on her thread.
I should tell her to come to her thread and update,including that she needs funds and what she needs it for.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by Nobody: 10:24am On Jan 26, 2012
This girl's story is fishy. Ify you live in Nigeria, do you know anything about this new method of payment, e-transact?

Better everybody know the story now, all the half half comment was very annoying. Things like this should be shared with everyone, a lot of people here wanno help her and they have the right to know all of these.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by Idowuogbo(f): 10:24am On Jan 26, 2012
GawdDddd Chioma needs to verify all dis,to much "I don't knows" won't solve d mystery.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by jaybee3(m): 10:28am On Jan 26, 2012
It's pretty simple to be honest.
Let the OP come out and ask for the specific help that she needs

It's even more necessary to involve the parents or insist on seeing any family members of hers if any help is to be rendered.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by Idowuogbo(f): 10:30am On Jan 26, 2012
^Bravooo!!
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by bigbumper(f): 10:34am On Jan 26, 2012
ifyalways:

I called Chioma back.
She said aunty kemi is big bumper.I asked her to send me that information via sms which she did.
I asked her for her sch. friend username.
She said her friend said she is NOT a registered user of Nld.

I then asked,how then did aunty Kemi contact your friend?
She said NO,that aunty Kemi contacted her directly.
I asked her how?I thought its just me and CC that have your contacts?She said yes,thats what she thought too till aunty Kemi sent her an sms.

I asked if she knows any nlder prior her thread or offline,she said no.So how did aunty Kemi get your phone number and she replied and i quote "I don't know"

I left that and i asked,who are the nlders that wants to send you the 150K through my account?
She said busy body and ade.

I was now wondering,how could same person acccording to you want to send you money and same time still be the one that told you"people" wants to send you money.

I asked her to send an sms containing all her answers to the above questions and she did.

jennykadry:

So BB who is calling you a scammer?

Jennykadry it is everyone on this thread including Ifyalways herself, who posted after Ify's update, except those 3 i mentioned, also if you look at post 153, you would see the genesis and the reason Chelseabmw revealed what was being discussed in private, whereas there was a ********@gmail.com on the profile when she opened this thread. I have helped about 5 people this year in this section alone, and will only forward this to Mukina or yourself (if you give me your email addy), and no one else because like I said I don't like "shouting" when I am lending a hand, so would like it to remain a secret. . .

My name is kemi, Busybody20's name is kemi, she too is an ardent giver on NL, i told her and and everyone else who asked me for Chioma's contact details if they preferred i would give their contact details directly to Chioma so she can contact them OR they send their contribution through the Nairaland Charity, because when i spoke to her the first day, it was her friend's account i requested she gave to me so they would be able to help her do the pick up.

And remember Jennykadry, i said earlier that Chioma was worried at some point and i helped her forward her message that she is scared that going through welfare would mean they would tell her parent, and i emailed her concern to the admin . . .because of her fear of her parent finding out, she asked me about private fostering and i told her "yes i know people that can help, BUT where i live her baby would still be in an incubator, so i cannot take that risk, and if you read my posts earlier you would see me saying i have advised her to take up the orphanage at Fadeyi proposed by ifyalways.[quote][/quote]
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by ifyalways(f): 10:35am On Jan 26, 2012
I called the lawyer(Mutter's friend) that agreed to go to the welfare office ahead of us to be briefed about the trip.She said that she has talked to some of the top shots there and I should now go with her morrow BUT she said the welfare folks insisted that atleast one adult family(immediate) member would be involved but generally,we wont find anything stressful and she's anyway just a phonecall away.

I called Chioma to ask her when we'd be going to welfare but to my dismay,she has lost interest on that topic.She started asking me when we would be getting her the school fees(150K),she needs to go back to school asap,her exams are just by the corner,her absence might trigger suspicions in school etc.

She called and kept sms me and CC for sometime yesterday over the 150K issue.At a point(we dont know what else to say/do),i told her that me and CC wud try and raise that money.

I sat back and thought it over. . .yet I couldnt find the connecting dots.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by ifyalways(f): 10:40am On Jan 26, 2012
I called the lawyer(Mutter's friend) that agreed to go to the welfare office ahead of us to be briefed about the trip.She said that she has talked to some of the top shots there and I should now go with her morrow BUT she said the welfare folks insisted that atleast one adult family(immediate) member would be involved but generally,we wont find anything stressful and she's anyway just a phonecall away.

I called Chioma to ask her when we'd be going to welfare but to my dismay,she has lost interest on that topic.She started asking me when we would be getting her the school fees(150K),she needs to go back to school asap,her exams are just by the corner,her absence might trigger suspicions in school etc.

She called and kept sms me and CC for sometime yesterday over the 150K issue.At a point(we dont know what else to say/do),i told her that me and CC wud try and raise that money.

I sat back and thought it over. . .yet I couldnt find the connecting dots.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by Nobody: 10:55am On Jan 26, 2012
BB

Have yous sent her any money?
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by ifyalways(f): 11:02am On Jan 26, 2012
JK,I know and use e-tranzant but I dont understand what she said about the school fees.
Did her parents pay into her account?She said on monday her parents have paid her school fees.

Just for the records,My major concerns and red alerts wwas raised cos"she said she wants to use my account for funds transfer"

I am NOT in any way opposed to helping Chioma.I just had to pull out when it seems I was NOT understanding her,or myself.

I would probably respond again in the event of Chioma coming out to say I have typed a lie here.

Btw,I told her that I'm still available to help her visit the welfare office or her parents .
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by maclatunji: 11:03am On Jan 26, 2012
Excuse me, am I just being silly or is this thread truly confusing? Baby, Money, Parents, Welfare, Lawyers, Money, somebody's real name becoming an issue: what is really happening?

It is confusing when you create threads and then go deleting and modifying posts- it creates credibility issues. At least the initial post should always be available, so that people can hold-on to it to understand what is happening.

Goodluck to whoever needs it and God bless to whoever has helped or plans to help a person in need.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by Nobody: 11:14am On Jan 26, 2012
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by r231(m): 11:19am On Jan 26, 2012
chaircover:

From the look of things there seems to be a muddle up and for the record let me say here and now that I haven’t called anyone a scammer & I haven’t had any conversations with chelseabmw on or offline

Now back to the issue at hand. Ify & I were not aware that anyone else on this thread had any direct contact with Chioma and so understandably we were confused with some of the things that she said & SMS messages that she sent.

It is clear now that this is where the mix up has occurred and it looks that Chioma herself thought that everyone speaks to everyone else offline & we are all one body which is not the case.

Needless to say, she still does need help and I humbly propose that assistance requests goes through the NL charity (people can still be anonymous donors if they want)  so that these kinds of misunderstandings dont occur again.

Peace

Gbam

besides we did not know who aunty kemi is and she don't know their nairaland ids
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by Nobody: 11:20am On Jan 26, 2012
I don't think any help should be rendered until she has clarifies why she needs 300,000 to pay her fees, 150k from her parents and 150k from a nlder and yea,  myself dont understand the story.

If Chioma left her email addy on her profile,people will contact her,it is only natural, they wanno help I guess
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by r231(m): 11:22am On Jan 26, 2012
^^^^300,000 undecided undecided

I heard 150k. . . . . her contact details wasn't there

well the time I checked yesterday no contact details
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by bigbumper(f): 11:22am On Jan 26, 2012
jennykadry:

BB

Have yous sent her any money?

Let me have your email address.

maclatunji:

Excuse me, am I just being silly or is this thread truly confusing? Baby, Money, Parents, Welfare, Lawyers, Money, somebody's real name becoming an issue: what is really happening?

It is confusing when you create threads and then go deleting and modifying posts- it creates credibility issues. At least the initial post should always be available, so that people can hold-on to it to understand what is happening.

Goodluck to whoever needs it and God bless to whoever has helped or plans to help a person in need.

All the posts should still be there, unless modified, Chelseabmw's post about Chioma being a scammer working in conjunction with me was quoted by someone else. And i don't blame him, he was only saying what he was told.

I know why is happening, all i need is just one line of sentence to clarify the glaring and maybe done-on-purpose-to-save-face miscommunication i highlighted in post 153, but i cannot reveal her identity just because i want to save my own neck and reputation of being labelled a scammer.

Then again, i am being accused of being busybody20 and working with Chioma to scam Nairaland . . .i wonder if i would be accused of being a scammer with the other 95percent of peeps i have done God's will by lending a hand in their times of need when they did not even ask. . . the mind boggles. . .

I can forward stuffs to your email too as you seem to be rationale most of the time.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by Nobody: 11:23am On Jan 26, 2012
@r231

Read properly.

Her parents already paid her fees of 150k according to her and now she's asking for another 150k for fees, which should  be 300k in total, all for fees?

Why does she need school fees twice?
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by MissyB3(f): 11:25am On Jan 26, 2012
maclatunji:

I'm with you on this one.

If her parents already provided her school fees, why does she need another sum of 150k for school fees?
Tpia was right, after all?
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by freecocoa(f): 11:27am On Jan 26, 2012
Nna eh,Tunji I'm with you on this one,I don't even understand the story sef.

Something fishy is really going on,how did "aunty kemi" come into the picture,I mean from the inception of the thread,its been Aunty CC and Ifyalways,now the whole thing just mix up,the chioma girl is not even helping matters at all.

Ifyalways don't even think twice about your decision not to give her your account details,ndi ori kariri everywhere.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by Nobody: 11:27am On Jan 26, 2012
My point Missy, that's like 300k in total for fees.

I don't get it, I need 50mg of tramadol  to clear this head ache
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by mutter(f): 11:28am On Jan 26, 2012
Chaircover,
I beg to disagree partially.
this mix-up is either out of lack of trust or while aiming to maximize results - on the mothers side.
Any help you give her informally will be enabling her and not necessarily for the better.
For the safety of the child the parents have to be informed or at least the authorities.
What about the father of the child? Does he not have a right to know? , Under the circumstances.
Furthermore the mother has also( through erasing her first post ), brought rooms for doubts and even suspicion of fraud on innocent members.
When you seek help you also have to play a certain role and assist and cooperate so that the help can be given.
So many have sacrificed so much and done so much not just here and I am totally impressed. However lack of transparency will affect their credibility. If we start a policy of donating without roper control we might soon be bombarded here with lot`s of funny appeals.  
Agreed she needs help but she has to convince us that that child is safe. I mean she has already made an indication that she did not want the baby. The child remains priority. Please let us apply caution.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by r231(m): 11:32am On Jan 26, 2012
Missy_B:

I'm with you on this one.

If her parents already provided her school fees, why does she need another sum of 150k for school fees?
Tpia was right after all?

she said that she use the money for hospital bill already i think
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by queensmith: 11:32am On Jan 26, 2012
this story seems interesting but the op has been deleted, can someone fill me in?
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by MissyB3(f): 11:41am On Jan 26, 2012
r231:

she said that she use the money for hospital bill already i think
I read the hospital bill was #20k. 150-20=130 Why does she need #150k?

Jenny, Spambot dealt with your post, I've drawn Seun's attention to it.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by bournvita: 11:41am On Jan 26, 2012
^^^lol thanks but in the meantime I have a back up grin
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by bigbumper(f): 11:42am On Jan 26, 2012
chaircover:

From the look of things there seems to be a muddle up and for the record let me say here and now that I haven’t called anyone a scammer & I haven’t had any conversations with chelseabmw on or offline

Now back to the issue at hand. Ify & I were not aware that anyone else on this thread had any direct contact with Chioma and so understandably we were confused with some of the things that she said & SMS messages that she sent.

It is clear now that this is where the mix up has occurred and it looks that Chioma herself thought that everyone speaks to everyone else offline & we are all one body which is not the case.

Needless to say, she still does need help and I humbly propose that assistance requests goes through the NL charity (people can still be anonymous donors if they want)  so that these kinds of misunderstandings dont occur again.

Peace

jennykadry:

I don't think any help should be rendered until she has clarifies why she needs 300,000 to pay her fees, 150k from her parents and 150k from a nlder and yea,  myself dont understand the story.

If Chioma left her email addy on her profile,people will contact her,it is only natural, they wanno help I guess

@ Chaircover
No one needs to know how or when people choose out of their own freewill to lend a hand. Again, for want of repeating myself ad naseum, Jaybee and Sharon and Busybody20 give a lot on NL ever before there was something called NL charity which was only formed late last year OR HOW COULD I HAVE FOUND OUT THEY DO THIS. So there should be no monopoly as to who can give and which route they can give like you said in your last paragraph. Like i said earlier, as Christians the right hand should not know what the left hand is doing, if you feel comfortable announcing to the whole world, you do you and i will do me, end of.  

@ Jennykadry
Thank you, but according to Aunty Chaircover we have to ask permission and then only go through Nairaland charity, so we can all show off who gives what, psssft.

Someone could have asked instead of the allegation circulating the airwaves that i ama scammer who set this up with Chioma. If she doesn't know their ID, how comes she was able to mention Busy_body and busybody20, which Ifyalways mentioned on this thread.

And if this was a scam, why would i also be screaming that we need to find a way to tell her parents!!! Jeez!!!
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by maclatunji: 11:44am On Jan 26, 2012
big_bumper:

Let me have your email address.

All the posts should still be there, unless modified, Chelseabmw's post about Chioma being a scammer working in conjunction with me was quoted by someone else. And i don't blame him, he was only saying what he was told.

I know why is happening, all i need is just one line of sentence to clarify the glaring and maybe done-on-purpose-to-save-face miscommunication i highlighted in post 153, but i cannot reveal her identity just because i want to save my own neck and reputation of being labelled a scammer.

Then again, i am being accused of being busybody20 and working with Chioma to scam Nairaland . . .i wonder if i would be accused of being a scammer with the other 95percent of peeps i have done God's will by lending a hand in their times of need when they did not even ask. . . the mind boggles. . .

I can forward stuffs to your email too as you seem to be rationale most of the time.

Madam, I don't have anything against you or anybody here  and to be honest only read posts in page 1 and 6. However, it is obvious that the place is in disorder from reading those pages.

I have my own way of assessing people's character and you can be sure that I don't need to get e-mails to understand you (with all due respect).  

You guys should just sort-out the issues in an orderly manner. wink
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by MissyB3(f): 11:45am On Jan 26, 2012
bournvita:

^^^lol thanks but in the meantime I have a back up grin
Lmao! Yeye! ''Bournvita''. grin
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by bournvita: 11:46am On Jan 26, 2012
I dont think everyone that wants to help people must go through the charity organization. Honestly, if people are willing to help then they should be free to do so, they don't need to be screened by the charity.

Truly though, nlders have been helping each other way before the charity. Some of them prefer to keep it that way, on the other hand I know we have the charity to verify claims and stuff but if the other person is happy doing it without the charities help then so be it. If they get scammed tht one consign them
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by Idowuogbo(f): 11:47am On Jan 26, 2012
mutter:

Chaircover,
I beg to disagree partially.
this mix-up is either out of lack of trust or while aiming to maximize results - on the mothers side.
Any help you give her informally will be enabling her and not necessarily for the better.
For the safety of the child the parents have to be informed or at least the authorities.
What about the father of the child? Does he not have a right to know? , Under the circumstances.
Furthermore the mother has also( through erasing her first post ), brought rooms for doubts and even suspicion of fraud on innocent members.
When you seek help you also have to play a certain role and assist and cooperate so that the help can be given.
So many have sacrificed so much and done so much not just here and I am totally impressed. However lack of transparency will affect their credibility. If we start a policy of donating without roper control we might soon be bombarded here with lot`s of funny appeals.  
Agreed she needs help but she has to convince us that that child is safe. I mean she has already made an indication that she did not want the baby. The child remains priority. Please let us apply caution.

Mutter u have said it like it should have been said.IM0 chioma is trying her luck using d baby as her shield,y would she ask for IFy's account when she knows Ify has no idea about any transaction taken place(I smell fishy),then claim Aunty kemi is d one dat needs d ac details.Now Aunty kemi has been brought in to cover up  Chioma's sly and snaky character,Aunty Kemi is not d problem now its Chioma trying to play smart with d helpers.Chioma has breached d trust level with her "I don't knows",anybody thinking strx here would wonder if Chioma aint trying to fraud pips not d supposed Aunty Kemi she's using as a Tool.Like Jaybee has said Chioma needs to come online if she actually wants help,she has made d whole thread go sour and dodgy its sad really cus I was taken by her story in the beginning.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by r231(m): 11:48am On Jan 26, 2012
big_bumper:

@ Chaircover
No one needs to know how or when people choose out of their own freewill to lend a hand. Again, for want of repeating myself ad naseum, Jaybee and Sharon and Busybody20 give a lot on NL ever before there was something called NL charity which was only formed late last year OR HOW COULD I HAVE FOUND OUT THEY DO THIS. So there should be no monopoly as to who can give and which route they can give like you said in your last paragraph. Like i said earlier, as Christians the right hand should not know what the left hand is doing, if you feel comfortable announcing to the whole world, you do you and i will do me, end of.  

@ Jennykadry
Thank you, but according to Aunty Chaircover we have to ask permission and then only go through Nairaland charity, so we can all show off who gives what, psssft.

Someone could have asked instead of the allegation circulating the airwaves that i ama scammer who set this up with Chioma. If she doesn't know their ID, how comes she was able to mention Busy_body and busybody20, which Ifyalways mentioned on this thread.

And if this was a scam, why would i also be screaming that we need to find a way to tell her parents!!! Jeez!!!  

Thats not true embarassed embarassed

she said we got confused cus we don't know who aunty kemi is and we went back to chk the thread over and over no aunty kemi
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by ifyalways(f): 11:48am On Jan 26, 2012
Btw,I have never discussed Chioma with anyone online or offline aside:
CC
R231
Mutter and her friend
0AM4J(this morning)

The closet Chelseabmw got(and Perx probably) was when i called and spoke to her from Perx's place,she was beeping consistently.
I remember Chelsea asking if i actually met her,saw the child and i replied yes,she is for real.Anyone with anything contrary should let me know here.

I am NOT a coward,never been.I have not called Chioma or anyone a scam,offline or online.I dont know where that "scam" issue is coming from and would ignore that until its proved otherwise.

Btw,I'm hearing 300K for the first tme here.wow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

"Giving Your Toddler A Smartphone Is Like Giving Them Hard Drugs" - Says Expert / Should I End My Marriage / Using Dusting Powder As An Alternative To Circumcision Of Female Infants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.