Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,521 members, 7,801,424 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

Club Football Transfers This Season - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Club Football Transfers This Season (3102 Views)

Top 10 Greatest Rivalries In Club Football / Millionaires Club Football Pool / Uefa Club Football Awards Nominees Named (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Club Football Transfers This Season by c0dec(m): 3:56pm On Jul 19, 2005
i think obi would have more playing time at Man Utd. he's relatively unknown compared to the current chelsea midfielders include SWP.

who knows?
Re: Club Football Transfers This Season by c0dec(m): 4:10pm On Jul 19, 2005
milan now have alberto gilardino who IMO though not as fast, is a schevchenko clone.

milan are looking good with vieri and now gilardino. but i believe they should be buying defensive players not strikers. i expect their defenders to break down at any time this season due to their ages and i pray so.

FORZA JUVE.
Re: Club Football Transfers This Season by medube(m): 9:32pm On Jul 19, 2005
Best Player in French League last Season, Michael Essien might soon be ours. Up Chelsea!!! smiley
Re: Club Football Transfers This Season by nike4luv(f): 9:45pm On Jul 19, 2005
i think dis is really good for Viera cos i neva thought he would move hard to find a suitable replacement for Viera.."Arsenal are breaking up innit"..dey all selling their playing..
Re: Club Football Transfers This Season by Seun(m): 5:01pm On Jul 21, 2005
Re: Club Football Transfers This Season by c0dec(m): 1:04pm On Jul 22, 2005
Robinho finally moves to Real Madrid

Now Owen is definitely on his way out.
Re: Club Football Transfers This Season by Chxta(m): 4:28pm On Jul 22, 2005
Luxemburgo likes Owen. I think Ronaldo is the one to be packing his bags. But then again, Luxemburgo from his Corinthians days was shown to be one hell of a liar...
Re: Club Football Transfers This Season by c0dec(m): 6:12pm On Jul 22, 2005
Ronaldo leaving would be a rash choice by Luxemburgo. Ronaldo has more to offer than Owen anyway. IMO, I think Raul should be the one out but who in madrid is brave enough to make that decision. it's just like kicking out Del Piero - even though personally, i think his time is up.

Owen is about to take a step back in his career but it's for the better. world cup approaches and any serious professional should be playing week in week out.

I'm sure he wishes he stayed put at 'pool.
Re: Club Football Transfers This Season by sage(m): 4:05pm On Jul 25, 2005
My Milan should also buy at least one good defender this season; all the defenders r above 30 and the likes of Stam and Maldini get more confused ass the dayz go by. But its still Milan esp with Shevi and Gilardino strike force vall the way 4 both the scudetto and the champions league grin
Re: Club Football Transfers This Season by c0dec(m): 5:43pm On Jul 25, 2005
MERDA MILAN. FORZA JUVE.
Re: Club Football Transfers This Season by dile(m): 5:15pm On Jul 28, 2005
Hey, what is this beef about chelsea and their coach, u cant take it away from them, morinho has been consistent and now that he has more fund at his disposal, it could only get better. U guys have to understand their situation in the transfer market and league in general, because the have the cash, clubs are raising their players' worth so as to frustrate them, but they know what they want and they also go after what they want. I did not c many ppl complain when real madrid was buyin becks, ronaldo, zidane and figo for millions of pounds, rather they were being celebrated as galaticos. In all, success on the pitch brings success of the pitch and that is what chesea is about.

PPL FEAR WHAT THEY DONT UNDERSTAND!!!!!

c0dec stop living out ur fantasies here, juve aint winning no CL anytime soon.

BLues for live

Re: Club Football Transfers This Season by dile(m): 5:34pm On Jul 28, 2005
Pls appreciate players when u c them!!!!!!

Re: Club Football Transfers This Season by chimanu2000(m): 7:16pm On Jul 28, 2005
"c0dec (m)
Lagos

Re: Club Football Transfers This Season
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2005, 03:56 PM »

i think obi would have more playing time at Man Utd. he's relatively unknown compared to the current chChelseaidfielders include SWP.

who knows?"

this would have been more suitable in john mikel obi which club. i think its criminal for codec to say chelsea has a midfield with relatively unknown players especially picking out SWP. nigerians could be funny, before the transfer debacle how many people had heard of mikel, except for the hardcore soccer followers.and he just came to limelight due to the controversy and the under 20 championship. i know you might probably have forgotten that mikel was in the last under 17 team which didnt have a natural striker(under austin eguaveon) since segun abiodun and chinedu(cant remember the last name now were dropped for age dediscrepanciesand struggled with miMikelnd promise not really hitting form in the competition and having a natural attacking midfielder ezEzekielala upfront(hes at lyLynsOslond was dropped by siasia ahead of hoHolland005). SWPs been in the limelight for at least two seasons now scoring impressive goals especially against manu and putting up impressive performances all season. the major inspiration in a lalacklusteran city side. get your facts straight codec and keep the talk right
Re: Club Football Transfers This Season by chimanu2000(m): 7:20pm On Jul 28, 2005
c0dec (m)
Lagos

Re: Club Football Transfers This Season
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2005, 03:56 PM »

i think obi would have more playing time at Man Utd. he's relatively unknown compared to the current Chelsea midfielders include SWP.

who knows?"

thanks codec and sorry for the previous post
this would have been more suitable in john mikel obi which club. i think its right for codec to say . nigerians could be funny, before the transfer debacle how many people had heard of mikel, except for the hardcore soccer followers.and he just came to limelight due to the controversy and the under 20 championship. i know you might probably have forgotten that mikel was in the last under 17 team which didnt have a natural striker(under austin eguaveon) since segun abiodun and chinedu(can't remember the last name now were dropped for age discrepancies and struggled with Mikel land promise not really hitting form in the competition and having a natural attacking midfielder Ezekiel bala upfront(hes at Lyns Oslo and was dropped by siasia ahead of Holland005). SWPs been in the limelight for at least two seasons now scoring impressive goals especially against manu and putting up impressive performances all season. the major inspiration in a lackluster man city side. keep the talk right codec
Re: Club Football Transfers This Season by c0dec(m): 9:46pm On Jul 28, 2005
no wahala. i was confused for a bit.

the other chelsea midfielders are ahead cos they have premiership experience and are all internationals (senior team).
Re: Club Football Transfers This Season by Chxta(m): 6:21pm On Jul 29, 2005
Expect Michael Essien to be a Chelsea player by the start of next week after Lyon chairman Jean-Michel Aulas was invited to the place where no one ever says "no": Roman Abramovich's yacht.
Re: Club Football Transfers This Season by chimanu2000(m): 6:31pm On Jul 29, 2005
true its all about money. men will sell their souls and their mothers too ask all the chelsea buys
sir alex sell rio now and buy 3 quality players
Re: Club Football Transfers This Season by Chxta(m): 6:31pm On Jul 29, 2005
Meanwhile, the Brazilian Football Confederation want to make Real Madrid really pay for signing Robinho from Santos. They're insisting the galacticos meet their $50m buyout clause in order to get their man.

For those of you who are familiar with the story, Madrid in actual truth "tapped-up" young Robinho in ways worse than Chelsea ever tapped-up Ashley Cole, but hey, that is the difference between noveau riche and old money, one has respectability, while there is disdain for the other...

They finally reached an agreement to get the boy for a pittance, wheras his contract clearly states that anybody who wants to buy him out before 2008 must pay $50m. So the CBF has stepped in!
Re: Club Football Transfers This Season by Chxta(m): 7:18pm On Jul 29, 2005
Re: Club Football Transfers This Season by lordimpaq(m): 11:33am On Jul 30, 2005
yeah rite.... thanx for the information...we still remain the gunners...even without baptista we do a lot of harm...
Re: Club Football Transfers This Season by Chxta(m): 2:32pm On Jul 31, 2005
Manchester United are poised to make a sensational swoop for Real Madrid striker Michael Owen after the Spanish club revealed the door was open for the former Liverpool player to return to the Premiership. United boss Alex Ferguson will make a €16 million bid, according to reports.

Owen, who scored 16 goals for Real last season, has been pushed down the pecking order at the Spanish giants after the signings of Brazilians Robinho and Julio Baptista.

And the 25-year-old will be available to return to England if United can meet the €16 million buy-out clause in Owen's contract.

A senior source told British paper The Sunday Times they would not stand in Owen's way should they receive a bid for him.

"Michael is popular with the fans and he is popular with the club," said the source.

"But if he comes to us and says he believes the best thing for him is to leave, we will have to respect that."

"He has been a great servant to us, we will treat him with the utmost decency and respect," he added.

"And in the event that he decides to go, while obviously looking out for our own interests, we will be sure to look out for his too."

RAFA SNUB

Now surplus to requirements at the Bernabeu with Real's two new signings and Ronaldo and Raul both fighting for places, Owen could find himself reduced to fifth choice if he remains in the Spanish capital.

Having already been linked with former club Liverpool, Arsenal and Newcastle, Owen's advisers gave his old club first refusal on bringing their former hero back to Anfield.

But Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez seems to have rejected the opportunity, opting instead for Southampton striker Peter Crouch in a €10m deal.

Despite running the risk of feeling his former fans' wrath, Owen could be tempted by the United move, which would allow him to live in his luxury North Wales mansion he renovated only one hour's drive away from United's training ground.

Having lost out to Real in the Baptista saga, Arsenal could also be tempted to make a move.

Source
Re: Club Football Transfers This Season by c0dec(m): 6:42pm On Jul 31, 2005
owen should go to his boyhood rivals, merseyside blue. grin
Re: Club Football Transfers This Season by dile(m): 6:49pm On Jul 31, 2005
Why is that whenever an english player is available, man utd declares their interest even if they were not in the market for a player, does it mean that they do not want they want or what? when leeds got relegated, the immediately scooped smith, rooney later declared his intention to leave everton, and man utd went for him. Now man utd have never said anything bout being in the market for a striker but bcoz owen is available, they want to buy him. And u guyz are advising mikel Obi to go to Man utd
Re: Club Football Transfers This Season by c0dec(m): 7:26pm On Jul 31, 2005
man utd are like juve in the transfer market. juve always look at home before looking abroad for other options.

it might help your league (e.g. the premiership) but it will eventually affect your national side). i don't like the idea of buying internationals from all over the solar system and then calling them an english side. the successful arsenal team was french. the current liverpool team is turning spanish. chelsea since the late 90s have always been mult-national. i guess thats why UEFA got pissed and added new CL rules restricting foreigners.
Re: Club Football Transfers This Season by dile(m): 10:52am On Aug 01, 2005
c0dec, what are u saying, u'll rather have average nationals than an outstanding foreigner, that is not acceptable, the aim is to win trophies for the club, and it is the coach's duty to bring in anybody that will help him achieve that. Liverpool is goin spanish, cos the english players that are half baked have millions of pounds tagged on them.
Re: Club Football Transfers This Season by c0dec(m): 5:13pm On Aug 01, 2005
those millions are tagged on them for teams like chelsea.
Re: Club Football Transfers This Season by dile(m): 2:00pm On Aug 02, 2005
so who's fault is it?
Re: Club Football Transfers This Season by chimanu2000(m): 4:40pm On Aug 03, 2005
dile you dont dissapoint with your near sighted views. its called the english premiership . i disagree when you talk about average english players there many good ones out there as you can see mourinho wants and english core ,same as jol at totenham. its good to get good foreign players but the core should be english,. about manu going for everthing in the market lkook at your beloved chelsea before pointing fingers ....robben, swp e.t.c
keep yaning your kind o f yans
Re: Club Football Transfers This Season by lordimpaq(m): 6:31pm On Aug 03, 2005
talking of foreigners davids just signed for tottenham hotspurs.........at least that should add spice to the boring english league......

and dile look at it from two sides.........not from chlesea's point of view....
Re: Club Football Transfers This Season by dile(m): 12:27pm On Aug 04, 2005
i agree with u that teams should be core english or core spanish as the case may be, it is good for the spirit of the game and for the home fans also, my issue is the price of players in the premiership, do u think that if it was in spain peter crouch would have been sold for 7million pounds or swp for 21millions(regardless of chelsea factor). Arsenal would have bought swp a long time ago if they had not put 18million pounds on him which is preposterous, that is why we have about two english men in arsenal, cos it is not possible to get good players for bout 700,000pounds in the premiership, and u know wenger is used to getting good players in spain and france for less than that.
Re: Club Football Transfers This Season by c0dec(m): 7:19pm On Aug 15, 2005
Chelsea now have their man.

They've bought Michael Essien for 26 million pounds. a club record fee for lyon. cry
Re: Club Football Transfers This Season by Chxta(m): 6:29am On Aug 16, 2005
c0dec:

Chelsea now have their man.

They've bought Michael Essien for 26 million pounds. a club record fee for lyon. cry

One more proof that Ch€£$k¥ have their own transfer market. Would you have bought Essien for $40 million? I wouldn't, but anyways, good for them. The guy is a very good player.

I hope that our own Mikel is looking at this, because this is further proof that he won't play in Chelsea.

Let's look at this move: Personally, I think that on paper Ch€£$k¥ really look scary, yes, but with Lampard on that team did they really need Essien? Not unless they want to play 2 offensive halfs (which is what Lampard and Essien are) and have an excellent defensive half (which is what Makelele was). Makelele is still a good player, don't get me wrong, but he is 33. A more ssensible buy for Ch€£$k¥ would have been Diarra. That is the guy who freed up Essien to shine last season at Lyon. For the first half of this season, Ch€£$k¥ are going to look almost unstoppable (although I still don't think they'd beat Arsenal, Liverpool or ManU), but what I am worried about on their behalf is what will happen by the time Makelele has played at least 25 games in the coming 16 weeks? And there is no Scott Parker or Smertin there again? Please don't say Tiago, Tiago is more of a Lampard and Essien type player, in Porto it was Maniche that used to cover his arse...!

Well, on a good note (for me), if Sani Kaita can impress in the coming weeks, Ch€£$k¥ may go for him (since they ovbiously are capable of looking at Nigerians), and that would be a great thing!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stoke City Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 24th September 2011 / Bernd Schuster sacked, Juande Ramos new coach at Real Madrid / Liverpool Vs Everton (3 - 0) On March 13 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.