Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

Nigeria,the Sleeping Giant At 47 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria,the Sleeping Giant At 47 (812 Views)

Nyesom Wike, The Sleeping Governor By Sahara Reporters (Photos) / Special Thoughts For Nigeria At 47 / Arise Oh Compatriots:nigeria At 47 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria,the Sleeping Giant At 47 by husse: 4:47pm On Oct 11, 2007
Though this article is belated,i keep feeling guilty without pouring out my own venom especially when it comes to issues like this.

Nigeria is a blessed country by all standards and only few africa or european countries can stand up to us in terms of natural resources.The flora and fauna,the seas,oceans,rivers,limitless crude oil,vegetation,human resource to name just a few.i will say categorically here that Nigeria is a big let down.And the few success stories our govt. claimed we have achieved is the gimmick of the century.The debilitating effects of 28 of its 47years under the military is something to note.well,we should be happy we have had 8 straight years of civilian rule.The abuse of human rights is still predominant and it is like non-existent.

On the 47 years Nigeria has moved on mostly in the wrong direction.The absence of proper planning has sidelined millions from benefiting from its resources.Hunger,poverty,disease and illiteracy are still the order of the day.Corruption,tribalism,incompetence,infrastructure,education,health,water are still below standards.Electricity supply is at its lowest despite trillions sunk into it.

While not wanting to bore you with my long piece,the task of rebuilding lays in our hands and it is mandatory.All hands have to be on board to make this project Nigeria work

(1) (Reply)

Atiku To Retun To Pdp, Eyeing Bot Position / Ghana Star Flown To Lagos ( Abroad) For Treatment / Who Is Nigeria's Most Hated Politician,past Or Prevent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.