Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

Please I Need Ur Help: I Dont Want To Get Married. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please I Need Ur Help: I Dont Want To Get Married. (2240 Views)

How Do I Explain Where I Got Her Number, If I Dont Want Her To Know The Truth! / 10 Reasons Why I Dont Want To Marry A Virgin! / Girls! Would You Collect A Gift From A Man You Dont Want? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Ur Help: I Dont Want To Get Married. by Ozegbe(m): 7:23am On Jan 24, 2012
Am currently young and single. Only had 2 serious date/gf. Why i was going to work this morning i just kept pondering on this issue. Should i marry or just have maybe 2 or three kids and raise them up myself ( with help ofcourse). Now dont think am crazy, thr reason am thinking abt this is because of wats happening around me. My mum and dad got divorce wen i was 5( cant go into details) , my aunty recently got married to a guy she met in school and the guy is already tired because my aunty keep checking the his fone and messages leading to quarrel daily, for God sake the guy is banker and got friends and business associates. A man in my neighbourhood just left his house with 3 kids since a month now because he couldnt stand the woman anymore. This is just my own little story i know there arr a lot out there. I know that nobody is perfect but am thinking if the sole reason for marriage is kids, then why cant i go for the kids and dish that "marital war" called marriage. I mean be free to do watever u wanna do. I may be getting this whole idea wrong thats why am here to get more insight. Can u convince me why i should get married and not remain single. Pls dont insult me just throw more light. Thks for ur thoughtful and reasonable replys.
Re: Please I Need Ur Help: I Dont Want To Get Married. by seedord247(m): 7:26am On Jan 24, 2012
If you can pass JAMB for one sitting  while some pple sit for it ten times. ,  you can scale thru it broo. grin
Re: Please I Need Ur Help: I Dont Want To Get Married. by Acidosis(m): 7:31am On Jan 24, 2012
no problem. its okay
Re: Please I Need Ur Help: I Dont Want To Get Married. by Mynd44: 7:34am On Jan 24, 2012
You need to relax. Just because it did not work for others does not mean yours will tow the same line
Re: Please I Need Ur Help: I Dont Want To Get Married. by pendo89(f): 7:44am On Jan 24, 2012
marry and purpose to make your marriage a shining example to the rest. ie if you choose to marry. we dont stop living cz people are dying.
Re: Please I Need Ur Help: I Dont Want To Get Married. by HISchild: 7:45am On Jan 24, 2012
@op,

Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.” - Hebrews 13:4

As for husbands leaving their wives, and vice verse, it is wrong.  Vows were made to love each other, "for better or for worse", until death do them part; all this before GOD, in the presence of witnesses.  This love is unconditional, but only GOD can help, thus prayer and remaining in the word of GOD are necessary.  

If you are not ready to marry, you do well to stay single, but be mindful of fornication, etc, i.e. stay well away therefrom - "Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman. Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband." - 1 Co 7:12
Re: Please I Need Ur Help: I Dont Want To Get Married. by Nobody: 7:46am On Jan 24, 2012
You don't have to get married if you don't want to. However, if one day you will be lucky enough to meet a woman with whom you click, I would advise you to marry her. Sometimes (though not always) human beings need companionship.

Another thing. Whatever reason you may have to settle down in marriage, let it not be because the Nigerian society expects you to.
Re: Please I Need Ur Help: I Dont Want To Get Married. by Nobody: 7:51am On Jan 24, 2012
Well, you'll definitely be tired of wh[i]o[/i]res one day! Just wait, when the realization hits you, you'll get married! Just hold on!
Re: Please I Need Ur Help: I Dont Want To Get Married. by Ozegbe(m): 10:53am On Jan 24, 2012
@good girl @sexkillz a friend of mine i discuss dis with told me that when i attend his wedding and regularly visit his home i will change my mind. I no there are lots of disadvantages but if i got my kids born with my sperm not adoption they could be my companion, while taking care of sex urge once a while. I dont care about wat my family says abt dis i make my own decisions
Re: Please I Need Ur Help: I Dont Want To Get Married. by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 24, 2012
Ozegbe:

@good girl @sexkillz a friend of mine i discuss dis with told me that when i attend his wedding and regularly visit his home i will change my mind. I no there are lots of disadvantages but if i got my kids born with my Fluid not adoption they could be my companion, while taking care of sex urge once a while. I dont care about wat my family says abt dis i make my own decisions
How do you plan on taking care of the children? Cooking, feeding, washing nappies, washing feeding bottles for them, changing diapers, taking them to school, bringing them from school, combining it with your job? Are you talking of surrogates? What happens when your kids from different mothers asks of their mother's who would obviously still be alive?
Re: Please I Need Ur Help: I Dont Want To Get Married. by freecocoa(f): 11:17am On Jan 24, 2012
OP your last post sounds like you've already made up your mind,well its your life and choice but if you are genuinely looking for reasons to get married then there are many.

True that many marriages don't work out but another many do,if you find a good woman who you truly love and who feels the same for you,you should get married.

Marriage makes your more responsible as it curtails some of your excesses,there are certain things you did as a bachelor that you won't do as a married man.

Companionship,I actually laughed at you saying your kids could be your companion,you should know better what is meant by"companion"on this thread, a s3x mate doesn't necessarily fulfill the role of a companion cos it isn't all about s3x.

You also get a helpmate like the bible called a woman to her husband,true you can get help in training your kids but it would be a lot easier and better if done under one roof with both parents.

Please don't judge all marriages with that of people you know that went sour,some are like the ones made in heaven even with its fair share of trials,you never know yours may fall into this category. Goodluck with whatever you finally decide to do.
Re: Please I Need Ur Help: I Dont Want To Get Married. by seedord247(m): 11:23am On Jan 24, 2012
freecocoa:

OP your last post sounds like you've already made up your mind,well its your life and choice but if you are genuinely looking for reasons to get married then there are many.

True that many marriages don't work out but another many do,if you find a good woman who you truly love and who feels the same for you,you should get married.

Marriage makes your more responsible as it curtails some of your excesses,there are certain things you did as a bachelor that you won't do as a married man.

Companionship,I actually laughed at you saying your kids could be your companion,you should know better what is meant by"companion"on this thread, a s3x mate doesn't necessarily fulfill the role of a companion cos it isn't all about s3x.

You also get a helpmate like the bible called a woman to her husband,true you can get help in training your kids but it would be a lot easier and better if done under one roof with both parents.

Please don't judge all marriages with that of people you know that went sour,some are like the ones made in heaven even with its fair share of trials,you never know yours may fall into this category. Goodluck with whatever you finally decide to do.

SEconded . . .Thirded and round it in a decimal place . . . Nice one. grin
Re: Please I Need Ur Help: I Dont Want To Get Married. by freecocoa(f): 11:36am On Jan 24, 2012
Thank you my frenemy. grin
Re: Please I Need Ur Help: I Dont Want To Get Married. by Ozegbe(m): 1:13pm On Jan 24, 2012
Thanks @freecocoa i hope and pray that some how i find sumbody dat can make me change my mind, as of now i feel this way. I so much hate polygamy cos am from one. Does marriage on contract works in nigeria? And how can it help my situation?
Re: Please I Need Ur Help: I Dont Want To Get Married. by born2boink(m): 1:40pm On Jan 24, 2012
Either you get married or not, will simply advice you that we are already on end time, 90 % of Nigeria boys smoke either Indian hemp,cigarette or drink alcohol, that put effect on brain works and make it work negatively and positively thereby creating menace on relationship and 90 % of our girls are simply prostitutes, either by brothel business, hang around the street or sleep around with different boyfriends in return for cash , both boys and girls now are in era of no one to trust,bad boys marrying to bad girls and giving birth to bad pickin have cause an increases in boko haram type of pikins,Mend types of pikins, OPC pikins and area boys everywhere , even banker take indian hemp to work and plan on fraudulent activity
Re: Please I Need Ur Help: I Dont Want To Get Married. by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jan 24, 2012
born2fuck:

Either you get married or not, will simply advice you that we are already on end time, 90 % of Nigeria boys smoke either Indian hemp,cigarette or drink alcohol, that put effect on brain works and make it work negatively and positively thereby creating menace on relationship and 90 % of our girls are simply LovePeddlers, either by brothel business, hang around the street or sleep around with different boyfriends in return for cash , both boys and girls now are in era of no one to trust,bad boys marrying to bad girls and giving birth to bad pickin have cause an increases in boko haram type of pikins,Mend types of pikins, OPC pikins and area boys everywhere , even banker take indian hemp to work and plan on fraudulent activity

ROTFLMAO grin grin
Re: Please I Need Ur Help: I Dont Want To Get Married. by freecocoa(f): 1:49pm On Jan 24, 2012
Ozegbe:

Thanks @freecocoa i hope and pray that some how i find sumbody dat can make me change my mind, as of now i feel this way. I so much hate polygamy cos am from one. Does marriage on contract works in nigeria? And how can it help my situation?
You welcome but I don't know about contract marriage in nigeria. Just take it easy and don't be in such a hurry to avoid regrets,if you believe in God you can pray about it.

Walestar,you need to lay off the pipe son,what da hell are you yapping about? This is serious.  
Re: Please I Need Ur Help: I Dont Want To Get Married. by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jan 24, 2012
born2fuck:

Either you get married or not, will simply advice you that we are already on end time, 90 % of Nigeria boys smoke either Indian hemp,cigarette or drink alcohol, that put effect on brain works and make it work negatively and positively thereby creating menace on relationship and 90 % of our girls are simply LovePeddlers, either by brothel business, hang around the street or sleep around with different boyfriends in return for cash ,[size=14pt] both boys and girls now are in era of no one to trust,bad boys marrying to bad girls and giving birth to bad pickin have cause an increases in boko haram type of pikins,Mend types of pikins, OPC pikins and area boys everywhere , even banker take indian hemp to work and plan on fraudulent activity[/size]
Falls into maltina bottle! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Please I Need Ur Help: I Dont Want To Get Married. by Ozegbe(m): 2:10pm On Jan 24, 2012
@born2fuck u have a point there. In summary u are saying its hard in our present day world to find a good wife.
Re: Please I Need Ur Help: I Dont Want To Get Married. by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 24, 2012
grin grin grin
Why have they not made this born2fuck the moderator of sexuality section sef?
Re: Please I Need Ur Help: I Dont Want To Get Married. by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 24, 2012
@Ozegbe, your username is the same as the surname of someone I used to know in university.
Re: Please I Need Ur Help: I Dont Want To Get Married. by slimyem: 4:06pm On Jan 24, 2012
op, as an adult,you have a right to the choices you make but you seriously need to think this one through and through.
there's so much more to a marriage than kids.
i understand your being scared about marriage  and the thought of picking the staying out option cuz i feel the same way sometimes but somehow i'm sure you'd find a reason why you cant be alone.
we are not just programmed that way!!
Re: Please I Need Ur Help: I Dont Want To Get Married. by ImaIma1(f): 4:26pm On Jan 24, 2012
OP in school, some people failed but that didnt stop many pple from passing

in life people try out a new business n fail, tht doesnt mean someone else did not succeed in it

many couple have had failed marriages, tht doesnt mean some r not enjoying their marriages.my parents hd a good marriage.my siblings make me envious of their marriages.

so its either u work hard at it, or chicken out. good things dont come to everyone esp d ones dt r too lazy to persist
Re: Please I Need Ur Help: I Dont Want To Get Married. by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jan 24, 2012
Ozegbe:

Am currently young and single. Only had 2 serious date/gf. Why i was going to work this morning i just kept pondering on this issue. Should i marry or just have maybe 2 or three kids and raise them up myself ( with help ofcourse). Now dont think am crazy, thr reason am thinking abt this is because of wats happening around me. My mum and dad got divorce wen i was 5( cant go into details) , my aunty recently got married to a guy she met in school and the guy is already tired because my aunty keep checking the his fone and messages leading to quarrel daily, for God sake the guy is banker and got friends and business associates. A man in my neighbourhood just left his house with 3 kids since a month now because he couldnt stand the woman anymore. This is just my own little story i know there arr a lot out there. I know that nobody is perfect but am thinking if the sole reason for marriage is kids, then why cant i go for the kids and dish that "marital war" called marriage. I mean be free to do watever u wanna do. I may be getting this whole idea wrong thats why am here to get more insight. Can u convince me why i should get married and not remain single. Pls dont insult me just throw more light. Thks for ur thoughtful and reasonable replys.
i dint waste ma tym reading thz lng crap, bt from d topic, dude or wateva if u dnt wanna get married then dnt.!!!! Itz ur life no reasonable person carez.
Re: Please I Need Ur Help: I Dont Want To Get Married. by Mynd44: 6:25pm On Jan 24, 2012
I believe in the same thing as the poster above me
Re: Please I Need Ur Help: I Dont Want To Get Married. by mamalola19: 6:34pm On Jan 24, 2012
op its not a must to marry. its beta to be sincere and stay away from it than to make a woman misery. i dont know why nigerians are very happy with lies and force. if op is not a marriage kind of man then its ok. he is a grown man and not a child. being a single father is not bad just make sure u dnt deceive a woman into marriage when you know it was never in ur agenda. keep being sincere to yourself and get into it when you feel you are ready and you want to. forget people arnd u.
Re: Please I Need Ur Help: I Dont Want To Get Married. by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jan 24, 2012
Mynd_44:

I believe in the same thing as the poster above me
sure u do
Re: Please I Need Ur Help: I Dont Want To Get Married. by Ozegbe(m): 7:03pm On Jan 24, 2012
thanks @mamalola and @hornipipe i dint force u to read it so dont call it crap. this is a forum where u interact with people about issues dat bother u. So if you have something to say just say it. thanks for your understanding
Re: Please I Need Ur Help: I Dont Want To Get Married. by Ozegbe(m): 7:03pm On Jan 24, 2012
thanks @mamalola and @hornipipe i dint force u to read it so dont call it crap. this is a forum where u interact with people about issues dat bother u. So if you have something to say just say it. thanks for your understanding
Re: Please I Need Ur Help: I Dont Want To Get Married. by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jan 24, 2012
Ozegbe:

itz either u marry or remain like d apostles ok, END OF THREAD NEXT!!
Re: Please I Need Ur Help: I Dont Want To Get Married. by born2boink(m): 7:24pm On Jan 24, 2012
hornipipe:

itz either u marry or remain like d apostles ok, END OF THREAD NEXT!!
NEXT is ME.I DON'T WANNA SUCK PUSSY AGAIN
Re: Please I Need Ur Help: I Dont Want To Get Married. by Jenifa1: 7:47pm On Jan 24, 2012
Ozegbe:

Should i marry or just have maybe 2 or three kids and raise them up myself ( with help ofcourse).

which help?
where will you steal the children from?

better go and join convent.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guys Be Very Sincere / How Do I Not Lose Him / Ladies What Do You Gain From Snatching Another Persons Boyfriend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.