Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,352 members, 7,800,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

All Black Men & Women ,return Home To Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / All Black Men & Women ,return Home To Africa (2144 Views)

Buni Yadi Residents Return Home Years After Boko Haram Attacks / Victor Umeh Holds Mass In His Home To Mourn His Sister - PICS / An Average Black Man Not All Black Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

All Black Men & Women ,return Home To Africa by toksdam(m): 2:36pm On Oct 12, 2007
i have a dream,that one day all black men and women in the world will see the reasons to return home to africa their rightfull home to develope her strenght and power.then i will like to see the look on the faces that took them away,we are till date, still grapping with the psychological impact of forcefull kidnaps and enforced labour,today the drain is still on, they are still welcoming our best brains abroad,i know we have all it takes to come back and make africa the greatest continent in the world, then we will be where we ought to be ,at the other side of the table for a change.the greatest repatriation in history of mankind.imagine miss Rice a nigerian,Gen powwell a nigerian,Rev jackson,Bishop T D jakes , , imagine the GDP of black america 631 billion dollars, on African soil, well, one day be one day
Re: All Black Men & Women ,return Home To Africa by labiyemmy(m): 2:40pm On Oct 12, 2007
keep dreaming boy
Re: All Black Men & Women ,return Home To Africa by toksdam(m): 2:49pm On Oct 12, 2007
i dont expect you to understand BOY.dont think this is one of those jokes or i will find you
Re: All Black Men & Women ,return Home To Africa by labiyemmy(m): 3:09pm On Oct 12, 2007
i know you aint joking and i aint joking as well.
Re: All Black Men & Women ,return Home To Africa by almondjoy(f): 6:49pm On Oct 12, 2007
toksdam:

i have a dream,that one day all black men and women in the world will see the reasons to return home to africa their rightfull home to develope her strenght and power.then i will like to see the look on the faces that took them away,we are till date, still grapping with the psychological impact of forcefull kidnaps and enforced labour,

today the drain is still on, they are still welcoming our best brains abroad,i know we have all it takes to come back and make africa the greatest continent in the world, then we will be where we ought to be ,at the other side of the table for a change.the greatest repatriation in history of mankind.imagine miss Rice a nigerian,Gen powwell a nigerian,Rev jackson,Bishop T D jakes , , imagine the GDP of black america 631 billion dollars, on African soil, well, one day be one day

You again? shocked

Thank you oh! MLK of Africa--Keep dreaming.  Meanwhile I have heard your concerns and will think about it someday.

BTW--please take care of the ones inhabiting that "area" first before you advocate mass exodus or downgrade others to "refugee" status as a result of your gross miscalculation.  Forward ever--backward never is ma motto!!!
Re: All Black Men & Women ,return Home To Africa by folem: 7:06am On Oct 13, 2007
Africa is the original home to mankind be they black, yellow, red, brown, pink, white or albino.

The black indigenous people of the Pacific Islands, Australia, South Asia do not refer to themselves as Africans.
Re: All Black Men & Women ,return Home To Africa by Kobojunkie: 5:24pm On Oct 13, 2007
I can bet you this. If all africans were to return to Africa as we are today, Africa will not be any better than it is now. grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin. Returning to africa is not same as calling for people to IMPROVE africa. Have you actually seen the situation with blacks around the world?? Those who happen to be skilled and talented and actually seek to apply it to the good of their brothers and sisters are in the minority. Take the way africa is today, that continent has about 900 million people living in it and you see the condition of the place. You move more people from all over the world back there, I am sure there is NO WAY you can convince anyone else that that would be a good idea. I you want them to move back and actually have the majority wanting to change things for the good, well that would be different, but I have to say, I do not share your dream of all blacks around the world moving back to Africa. That would be a disaster.
Re: All Black Men & Women ,return Home To Africa by ariblaze(m): 11:37pm On Oct 14, 2007
i think the reason we are the way we are in africa

is this

we have identity crisis

we dont know who we are, or what we rep
Re: All Black Men & Women ,return Home To Africa by gastavas(m): 10:55pm On Oct 15, 2007
its the people that make any nation not what we think or see,the wealth of a nation is her people,we have a history as a people in Africa and its still hunts us ,that is clear ,plus the leadership and followership factor as we seeit in africa.
Re: All Black Men & Women ,return Home To Africa by Kobojunkie: 11:19pm On Oct 15, 2007
ariblaze:

i think the reason we are the way we are in africa

is this

we have identity crisis

we don't know who we are, or what we rep

What do you mean by that statement How is it that we do not know who we are or what we rep??
Re: All Black Men & Women ,return Home To Africa by denex: 11:34pm On Oct 15, 2007
I reject the exodus of any group of BLACK people to Africa. A lot of you guys do not know the meaning of black that is why you still use the term anyhow.

I welcome all Africans back to the motherland, but black people? Hell No!
Re: All Black Men & Women ,return Home To Africa by debosky(m): 11:36pm On Oct 15, 2007
bros Denex! glad to see you up and about mate, I trust the hand feels better now wink
Re: All Black Men & Women ,return Home To Africa by denex: 11:38pm On Oct 15, 2007
Yeah debosky I'm doing much better now. I even attended a Black Eyed Peas concert last night. Thanks for everything.
Re: All Black Men & Women ,return Home To Africa by denex: 11:39pm On Oct 15, 2007
AFRICAN DREAM

I dream of you and me
Living our lives free
I dream a day the streets are clean
No drugs, No guns
It's a world that I dream

I dream of our kids
Back to living the extended family
Rising, living to win
I dream our herbs heal every sick
No more grief, no disease
Thats' the life that I see

I dream of my brothers
Long lost in the Diaspora
America, Europe and the Caribbean
I miss you African soldiers
I keep waiting, searching for you
'cos in my dream we're together.

I dream of elevation
Time for the African Union
One mother nation
I dream us back in our rightful position
We're all a part, we all should strive
Bring this dream alive.
Re: All Black Men & Women ,return Home To Africa by ikamefa(f): 12:34am On Oct 16, 2007
@topic a good dream though!

but will the land mass of Africa(as it is now) be able to support all "Africans'' from the 4 corners of this world returning home if ,they were to heed this call? undecided
Re: All Black Men & Women ,return Home To Africa by iykrion(m): 12:45am On Oct 16, 2007
All these dreamers, abeg make una dream about food abi na manna wey go sustain them when them come join us wey still dey battle for one square meal a day grin
Re: All Black Men & Women ,return Home To Africa by uspry1(f): 1:00am On Oct 16, 2007
@denex

Does it mean for black people with Africa descent are not welcome to motherland? What if those Africa descent are tired of white-racist world and decide return to motherland if Africa economic suddenly boom like China?
Re: All Black Men & Women ,return Home To Africa by Kobojunkie: 1:14am On Oct 16, 2007
denex:

AFRICAN DREAM

I dream of you and me
Living our lives free
I dream a day the streets are clean
No drugs, No guns
It's a world that I dream

I dream of our kids
Back to living the extended family
Rising, living to win
I dream our herbs heal every sick
No more grief, no disease
Thats' the life that I see

I dream of my brothers
Long lost in the Diaspora
America, Europe and the Caribbean
I miss you African soldiers
I keep waiting, searching for you
'because in my dream we're together.

I dream of elevation
Time for the African Union
One mother nation
I dream us back in our rightful position
We're all a part, we all should strive
Bring this dream alive.

DREAM ON !!!! LAUGHING !!!! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: All Black Men & Women ,return Home To Africa by Kobojunkie: 1:16am On Oct 16, 2007
uspry1:

@denex

Does it mean for black people with Africa descent are not welcome to motherland? What if those Africa descent are tired of white-racist world and decide return to motherland if Africa economic suddenly boom like China?

You mean the same black people among whom I have come to know there are those of them who are also racists claiming the whites are the culprits ?? @uspry1 shocked
Re: All Black Men & Women ,return Home To Africa by Nobody: 1:33am On Oct 16, 2007
Denex, when you are back to reality pls let us know. this your accident affect you well well no be small. grin
Re: All Black Men & Women ,return Home To Africa by uspry1(f): 1:45am On Oct 16, 2007
@kobojunkie
You have good point. Not those black racists who claim white culprits,

I mean the Black Africa descent, who know which tribe they belong to, have great desire to make determine returning to motherland due to sick and tired of how racists treated Black Africa descent so innocently if Africa economic booms like China economic.

Am I clear,  Kobojunkie?
Re: All Black Men & Women ,return Home To Africa by Kobojunkie: 1:49am On Oct 16, 2007
uspry1:

@kobojunkie
You have good point. Not those black racists who claim white culprits,

I mean the Black Africa descent, who know which tribe they belong to, have great desire to make determine returning to motherland due to tired of how racists treated Black Africa descent so innocently if Africa economic booms like China economic.

Am I clear, Kobojunkie?

I am African and I have no problem with racism. There are millions of Africans in the same america who have no problem with racism. Infact the majority of the times I have had to deal with that is at the hands of black americans. To me, they were the racists in the way they treated me and told me I was not one of them. If you do not like where you live, move to a different town. America is such a huge place. I don't understand the claim that one wants to go back to Africa cause of RACISM. It does not compute at all. Cause if you are running from Racism here, you might be shocked that you might get worse when you get to your destination ( Africa),
Re: All Black Men & Women ,return Home To Africa by uspry1(f): 2:03am On Oct 16, 2007
@kobojunkie,

Look, I live in the East Coast of USA, to be exacted (Virginia), i grew up filling with racism in both small rural town as well as big cities but it does not bother me. I get tired of my parent keep warning me not to hang around with white friends. What the heck my parent sent me white predominated public school for deaf education where my small rural town does not have deaf education program to provide for me? I was only one America-African deaf classmate among those white deaf classmates all my life.

Are you telling me that I am blindly not knowing what's going on in reality? I went through being transferred too many different schools on the ground of deaf education discrimination back in 1970s. In deaf college in Washington DC where I graduated from, i had been seen highest numerous of hate-crimes there long before it went effective law after President George Bush signed the bill.

Finally, i never been to Africa specifically Nigeria I will plan to visit coming 2008, suppose to this Dec 2007.
Re: All Black Men & Women ,return Home To Africa by Kobojunkie: 2:13am On Oct 16, 2007
uspry1:

@kobojunkie,

Look, I live in the East Coast of USA, to be exacted (Virginia), i grew up filling with racism in both small rural town as well as big cities but it does not bother me. I get tired of my parent keep warning me not to hang around with white friends. What the heck my parent sent me white predominated public school for deaf education where my small rural town does not have deaf education program to provide for me? I was only one black deaf classmate among those white deaf classmates all my life.

Are you telling me that I am blindly not knowing what's going on in reality? I went through being transferred too many different schools on the ground of deaf education discrimination back in 1970s. In deaf college in Washington DC where I graduated from, i had been seen highest numerous of hate-crimes there long before it went effective law after President George Bush signed the bill.

Finally, i never been to Africa specifically Nigeria I will plan to visit coming 2008, suppose to this Dec 2007.

MY point still stands. NOT ALL AMERICANS are racist. I spent time in Birmingham alabama for my graduate program, along with some other black students. I gravitated towards the white students there cause the black students seemed preoccupied with racism which they claimed was always against them and bringing them down while everyone else around them seemed to be doing really great, even the indians and chinese and africans living down there seem to be doing so so well. I am sorry but not all of america is racist. I have friends who live in Virginia who happen to love it and are raising their family down there. I have lived in Delaware, Georgia, DC, MAryland, NY and Now in Ohio and I still stand on what I said, Racism is not all over, there are the racist few both in the black and in the white community and even in Africa. Have you ever read of the many wars in africa?? yeah we call them tribal war, did you hear of the situation in congo?? the situation in Sudan?? that is Racism too. it exists everywhere and it is not limited to people of any one color or creed.
Re: All Black Men & Women ,return Home To Africa by uspry1(f): 2:24am On Oct 16, 2007
Yes i have read all Africa wars till i joined Nairaland last year the more I understand clearly why the war caused by tribalism.

To me, silly stupid tribalism/racism, why can't forget it the past and move on to create ONE UNITY to love one another!

I know it is not impossible!!!
Re: All Black Men & Women ,return Home To Africa by uspry1(f): 2:29am On Oct 16, 2007
Thank God back in early 1970s we in deaf education had full fact world history class about Africa, Russia, China, Israel, etc long before it went banned history books. Same thing with sexual education that went banned late 1980s.

I learned all of them both world history and sexual education which is required for deaf classmates under the handicapped law of 1969.(i hope corrected year).

That's how I still refreshed about Africa history through my enriched deaf education i took, not from twisted western media i heard about wrongly.
Re: All Black Men & Women ,return Home To Africa by Kobojunkie: 2:30am On Oct 16, 2007
uspry1:

Yes i have read all Africa wars till i joined Nairaland last year the more I understand clearly why the war caused by tribalism.

To me, silly stupid tribalism/racism, why can't forget it the past and move on to create ONE UNITY to love one another!

I know it is not impossible!!!

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin It is stupid and silly BUT You have to understand that what you have here in america is by far better than what we have in Africa. I mean the whole Racism/tribalism issue. People get killed there just for not having the right nose shape or the right skin tone. That is why millions more africans migrate to America than you have Americans moving to africa. Reality is what you have here in America is still by far better than what we have  in Africa when it comes to racism. I don't expect people to change from their tribalistic ways anytime soon cause these tribal roots are way deeper than any call for love the western mind set can come up with. So be ready to see worse than you have ever seen in America when it comes to these things. Heck, check out the arab world if you really want to know how bad racism can be. Those in Sudan who are being slaughtered are being punished for not being the right skin color. Check out India as well. Racism is world wide, what you have in america is way way better though.

In Russia, people still get killed for being black and the police does not do much to help the situation. In China?? Notice that you hardly see black people when you see movies/films/documentaries about China and japan?? Heck, Chris Tucker was the first black man that most of those chinese folks have seen in all of their lives grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: All Black Men & Women ,return Home To Africa by uspry1(f): 3:19am On Oct 16, 2007
@kobejunkie

Thank you for your patience to educate me. I am quite agreed with you that racism/tribalism is worldwide not only Africa. I also familiarized with Arab, Sudan/Dufar, Russia and China racism as well. Include Canada too.

Tell me honesty, am I ignorant as Jagwar said in other thread?
Re: All Black Men & Women ,return Home To Africa by Kobojunkie: 3:25am On Oct 16, 2007
uspry1:

@kobejunkie

Thank you for your patience to educate me. I am quite agreed with you that racism/tribalism is worldwide not only Africa. I also familiarized with Arab, Sudan/Dufar, Russia and China racism as well. Include Canada too.

Tell me honesty, am I ignorant as Jagwar said in other thread?

I thought you said you have been here for over a year?? I have only been in here for less than a month and I already know to IGNORE MOST OF THOSE LABELS people through around in here. LAUGHING!!!!

People in here throw tantrums, I just laugh at how silly their come backs are and move on. If you read his posts, it won't be hard to figure out who the ignorant one really is grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: All Black Men & Women ,return Home To Africa by denex: 7:45am On Oct 16, 2007
See people, there is something wrong with that word BLACK. No matter in what context we put it, black is bad.

Almost all of us here are Africans. People tend to use the term "black African" but is there really another type of African? On the continent, there are Boers (Europeans), Arabs and Africans.

The only black people I know are the negative and evil people trying to drag us down. So if you still feel you're black well, good for you. But don't come near me and don't call "All Black Men & Women" to return to Africa.
Re: All Black Men & Women ,return Home To Africa by uspry1(f): 1:46pm On Oct 16, 2007
@Denex

Finally I understood clearly after re-reading whole this thread over and over and over about what Denex explained the term "BLACK".

I modified on all my posting here to remove the following terms "BLACK" and "WHITE" off. I am neutural on racism/tribalism while i still learn!

QUESTION TO DENEX: can African descent return to Africa?
Re: All Black Men & Women ,return Home To Africa by Kobojunkie: 3:16pm On Oct 16, 2007
uummm,  Funny I have never really considered myself black, dark in complexion, yeah but not black. Now I wonder when those employment forms will be modified to include "African" as an option instead of assuming I am black /African American, talk about RACISM LOLOLOLOLOL grin cheesy grin cheesy

I never check that option,  I always check OTHER  grin cheesy grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can A Foreigner Become President Of Nigeria / Umaru : You Shall Not Die But Live To Declare The Works Of The Lord ! / Dividends Of Obasanjo's Regime.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.