Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,867 members, 7,802,798 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk (13344 Views)

Don’t Scrap Amnesty Programme —ex IYC President Urges FG / Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come And Talk / Beninoise President Urges Jonathan To Include Country As 37th State Of Nig. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by omodapson(m): 7:39pm On Jan 26, 2012
The dumbest statement ever to come out of any ruling president, dead or living. GEJ is a big SHAME!
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by bigdoo: 7:44pm On Jan 26, 2012
Jonathan should be very careful in dealing with BH. Those guys might attempt to bomb him if he gets close to them. Let's not forget that some of them are suicide bombers and their highest target is GEJ himself.
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by Calamama: 7:45pm On Jan 26, 2012
It's simple. The past government dialogued with Delta rebels and paid them. Critics now say, Boko want the same. They argue that there's bias in favor of the South if Govt was willing to pay ND-Rebs but goes after  Boko hell for leather!  

angry angry  can you believe such a ridiculous situation. I mean, theses groups slaughtered Nigerians, literally slaughtered Nigerians for money! Anyway, the mistake first began when we gave up Bakassi. From then on Nigeria was seen by the international community as weak. Sponsoring these terrorist groups was only a matter of time.

If Govt negotiates with Boko and pays them you'll see that another group springs up in western Nigeria. So just as kidnapping became a business so might terrorism become a business. The Indonesians, Russians, Chinese, Lebanese et all would broaden their portfolio to include sponsoring  terrorism in addition to sponsoring bonkaring in the short term while they await the lucrative opportunity that comes in the wake of another African civil war.
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by nagoma(m): 7:46pm On Jan 26, 2012
@Olodoman

The qoutations are the usual ibo jibes on Nairaland. It's not outside world and we are not bothered by it. Keep reading it if it makes you feel better. I just hope that you can survive the east as you have obviously survived and possibly flourished in the north. You will miss onions and tomatoes and the donkey meat down there is very expensive. The ancestral plot is taken away by powerful cousins and you know what you risk if you request to have it back.those disputes are settled with matchettes the Igbo way. By the way do you have a house in kano ?, I will make a reasonable offer, you must have known the generosity of the northerner by now. Never mind the occasional violence- it disturbs us too.
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by 4everGod1: 7:47pm On Jan 26, 2012
[url=http://][img]http:///gallery/d/196017-1/Clerk-KOs-armed-robber.gif?[/img][/url]

this is how gej should deal with bh. DECISIVELY!
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by antartica(m): 7:47pm On Jan 26, 2012
What are a talking about? He is making the right moves. There are different ways of catching a rat. Boko harams are rats and they can only be subdued if they are identified.
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by ephomoghia: 8:00pm On Jan 26, 2012
Who ever that posted this subject must be corrected that there is nothing like southeastern Niger Delta, rather south-southern Niger Delta  i will have to believe this error was an oversight and should be corrected imminently
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jan 26, 2012
nagoma:

@Olodoman

The qoutations are the usual ibo jibes on Nairaland. It's not outside world and we are not bothered by it. Keep reading it if it makes you feel better. I just hope that you can survive the east as you have obviously survived and possibly flourished in the north. You will miss onions and tomatoes and the donkey meat down there is very expensive. The ancestral plot is taken away by powerful cousins and you know what you risk if you request to have it back.those disputes are settled with matchettes the Igbo way. By the way do you have a house in kano ?, I will make a reasonable offer, you must have known the generosity of the northerner by now. Never mind the occasional violence- it disturbs us too.

You are in perpetual Denial. I gave you the link to the site. Does the comments dictions denotes them as Nigerians. Those are all foreigners commenting on the issue. Why don't you include my quotes in response to me. You are so afraid of the outside world seeing the Truth about your backward culture.

Look at how short-sighted you are. You keep exposing how stupid and retarded you can get. In this age; 21 century, you still talk about subsistence farming and building a whole economy with onions, tomatoes, donkey meat. I laugh in Arewa!!!!  Send me your address, let me courier you what is grown in my backyard in the EAST.  Even if i need more of it, I can easily cross over to Gabon, Cameroon to buy some more so that I can get fatter and fatter and not thinner and thinner like your people.

Sorry to disappoint you, but we saw all these coming 2years ago and sold our houses Handsomely to Mallams like yourself. We are not short-sighted like you backward barbarians still living in the stone age full of sands. You will probably get very few abandoned properties this time.
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jan 26, 2012
Are u guys just good at raining insults on the president? what a generation! And then u guys want things to get better? Boko haram kills and u guys insults.
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by Gbenge77(m): 8:17pm On Jan 26, 2012
Its a sad day in Nigeria
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by Upright750: 8:23pm On Jan 26, 2012
I think some people here think with their anus. what Mr president said is the right thing. The intelligent officers and what ever government are doing to get hold of them by hearing from them knowing where they are coming from and knowing what is their problem and what they want people or government. When i tell you to show your face doesn't mean am weak and don't have my own plans. people take money to the kidnapers with other plans . not everybody that take money to kidnapers want to let the money go but to have clue where they are and also to know who they are. , Very simple. some people just do not want to hear Mr president say any word.
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by dayokanu(m): 8:24pm On Jan 26, 2012
Retardeen I hail you oo
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 26, 2012
@1v4fb

D tin tire me oo. if d guy do nothing, people go scream. if he say something people still dey make noise, There are several ways to tackle terrorism and I wonder which basis people dey use Us compare to Naija. The techniques/skill/arsenal for US na the same e be with naija own? I agree that Boko Haram MAY be violently ousted from this country but that should be a last alternative or may turn out to not even be the best. If there is a room for an olive branch to be extended, is there a reason why that should not be done? In fact almost all my uncles na military men so I no dey dat levels of sending soldiers to go fight shadows and get killed, we have got so many treacherous people in the government and I think many Nigerian's don't understand this. You can not send out women/men to go and fight when u have no accurate idea of what u are up against and even risk valuable information being leaked to your enemies by ur own subjects. I don tire to dey repeat dis, some Nigerians no dey pragmatic at all, all they do is make noise when trouble comes up and then do nothing to solve it. I wonder wen Nigerians start to dey depend on the government in the first place.
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by werepeLeri: 8:42pm On Jan 26, 2012
leengton:

I am really surprised at GEJ's stand on this, does really mean that we do not have the military might and intelligence to tackle the Boko Haram guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is becoming appalling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just like America with all her might has been able to tackle Al Qaeda worldwide?
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by AmAlone: 8:43pm On Jan 26, 2012
saw this this afternoon. I have already bought myself enough Gallas and Pure-water.
Immediately this boko boys come out for negotiation with this Inbecilious-imbe.ci.le,
I'm on the next ship(stoneway) going to Mali or Ghana or sayTogo or even Benin-republic
lard!!! Just to leave this larwd forsaken country!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by werepeLeri: 8:43pm On Jan 26, 2012
omodapson:

The dumbest statement ever to come out of any ruling president, dead or living. GEJ is a big SHAME!

I think your problem is because you have a cheap internet connection.
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by prodam(m): 8:50pm On Jan 26, 2012
NOW you are talking Mr. President,

I hope its gonna be free from corruption
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by maasoap(m): 8:58pm On Jan 26, 2012
I think this is a good step on the part of Mr president. I'm one of those few people who advocate dialogue with them. I have been saying it before, Violent measure doesn't solve terrorism and will never solve it. USA have no Al-qurda or Taliban on their soil, so they could afford to deploy drones to other countries and drop missiles to kill one or two terrorists but 20 innocent people as collateral damages. As long as these innocent people are not Americans, no problem. Do you think American citizens would have welcome this kind of measure on their home soil had these terrorists been living in US? Again, I have said it before that giving amnesty doesn't mean giving out or sharing money to people. This impression was as a result of amnesty given to Niger Delta militants which was accompanied with sharing of money. I don't know why all Christians are objecting to dialogue with them. Is it the fear of Islamising Nigeria? Listening to them doesn't automatically mean that the country has been Islamised. If dialogue can bring an end to this madness within a year, there is no need to take a path violent counter measure that won't solve the problem in the next 20 years. Waste of resources as well. Violent crack down will make many innocent people victims thereby radicalising many more people.
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by Upright750: 9:00pm On Jan 26, 2012
Some people do not worth using internet because they abuse it at high level to the extend of abusing anybody here on the forum . They talk about Mr president as if he is their neighbor in that their face me and face you house where the mentality of no respect in being install in their dull brain hard disk .  If government use military to fight who you don't really know. their will be so many innocent people who will be in involve or even lost their life. I can remember 3 days ago when they said that NPF arrested some boko Haram members . many people here started saying that most of the people must be innocent by pass people that they went up and arrest that those people been arrested are not the real Boko haram. we ll seat at home posting rubbish because we have internet to us. All i said is that we watch how we talk about Mr President or else this forum will soon close down by Government. simple.  I think the agency of this site still have lots of work to do by starting cancelling some Id that always post nonsense or insult government office without any good reason. in other to safe the forum to last longer.
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jan 26, 2012
the werediot is out! long time but hey this time no more room for spin and spun. we will outmatch any bootlicker here.
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by k9ine(m): 9:03pm On Jan 26, 2012
Mr President, this BH terrorism on Nigerians, is an act of war.
You dont negotiate with terrorists. (they have irredeemably gone beyond the boundary of human reasoning).
The only good terrorist is DEAD one.
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jan 26, 2012
the werediot is out! long time but hey this time no more room for spin and spun. we will outmatch any bootlicker here.
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by phreakabit(m): 9:07pm On Jan 26, 2012
prodam:

NOW you are talking Mr. President,

I hope its gonna be free from corruption

WTF are you talking about? Have you been sniffing latrines again Aboki?
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by PointB: 9:11pm On Jan 26, 2012
maasoap:

I think this is a good step on the part of Mr president. I'm one of those few people who advocate dialogue with them. I have been saying it before, Violent measure doesn't solve terrorism and will never solve it. USA have no Al-qurda or Taliban on their soil, so they could afford to deploy drones to other countries and drop missiles to kill one or two terrorists but 20 innocent people as collateral damages. As long as these innocent people are not Americans, no problem. Do you think American citizens would have welcome this kind of measure on their home soil had these terrorists been living in US? Again, I have said it before that giving amnesty doesn't mean giving out or sharing money to people. This impression was as a result of amnesty given to Niger Delta militants which was accompanied with sharing of money. I don't know why all Christians are objecting to dialogue with them. Is it the fear of Islamising Nigeria? Listening to them doesn't automatically mean that the country has been Islamised. If dialogue can bring an end to this madness within a year, there is no need to take a path violent counter measure that won't solve the problem in the next 20 years. Waste of resources as well. Violent crack down will make many innocent people victims thereby radicalising many more people.

What stu.pid dialogue are we talking about? How do you begin to dialogue with bastards who slaughter fellow citizens in church, a place of worship? How do you dialogue with animals who indiscriminately plant and set off bombs to kill hapless citizens going about their normal routine?

So what kind of dialogue will you offer dead victims, or families of the deceased? How will they feel knowing that their loved ones died for nothing? And the murderers are rewarded with state audience! It is simply not right, nor fair to the survivors, the victims and their loved ones. How can there be peace if there is no justice?

Government will be making a huge mistake extending the olive branch at this time. Boko haram should be comprehensively and militarily defeated! They should surrender and then beg for their lives. This is the only acceptable solution to this madness. They are band of criminal terrorists with no agenda or ideology.  Classifying then in the same category as MEND, OPC, MASSOB, is simply idiotic!
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by goldfx2: 9:20pm On Jan 26, 2012
nawao  which type of president is this.  how can u be afraid of Boko haram.  if so why cant just resign and beg the BOKO HARAM TO TAKE OVER FROM YOU.

IS THIS THE TYPE OF PRESIDENT WE WANT ITS A SHAME.   HE ACTUALLY NEED TO GET JUST FEW BOKO HARAM AND SHOW THESE FOOLS VIOLENT DEATHS.

HOW ARE WE SURE YOU DID NOT TELL THE ICP  TO ALLOW THE BOKO HARAM SUSPECT TO GO AND LIED TO US THAT THE MAN ESCAPE WITH HANDCUFFS IN  THE PRESENCE OF 10 ARM POLICE OFFICERS.

GOD PLEASE SAVE THIS COUNTRY COS WE DONT HAVE LEADERS ALL AT
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by antartica(m): 9:29pm On Jan 26, 2012
Dialogue does not mean they are going to agree with them but mainly to point them out and deal with them decisively. No normal person or group can agree with islamists because what they want rational people dont want. They are at the bottom line of the scums of this world, worst scums that nigerian politicians. I will rather have the nazis than islamists.
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by maasoap(m): 9:43pm On Jan 26, 2012
@Point B, I understand you but we shouldn't let anger and the urge to avenge the death of their victims take control of us. I'm sure you know that their number will have increased by now compare to Yarudua's era, does that mean they are not being killed or hunted down? If we're to go the way of military option, then we'll still be looking for them, hunting them for many years to come. But for sure, their number will keep rising and spreading. Nigerians will keep living in fear and feeling unsafe. I'm taking a clue from what is happening in all countries that have been fighting terrorism for the last ten years. Those countries have been changing their military approach option lately.
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by Korrection(m): 9:50pm On Jan 26, 2012
you guys aint wise at all, what do you want GEJ to do, what will you do if you are in his shoes?? GEJ is this GEJ is that, he negotiates problem, he fights back wahala, haba nigerians, leadership no easy oh
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by prodam(m): 9:51pm On Jan 26, 2012
phreakabit:

WTF are you talking about? Have you been sniffing latrines again Aboki?

is that all you have to say about the president's speech, u are a patriot indeed
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by 1025: 9:54pm On Jan 26, 2012
abeg, make someone help me tell jonathan that the demands of boko haram are as follow;
1. steady power supply
2. kill/delete corruption from his govt
3. pdp should give way to other parties in the country to try their luck after trying for 14 years.
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by r231(m): 9:54pm On Jan 26, 2012
Re: Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk by GeneralGEJ: 10:08pm On Jan 26, 2012
Ibos don't want to me to dialogue with BK, who cares about ibos, I have to save my own skin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Live Update: Rivers Elections / More Pictures From APC Presidential Rally In Kwara / Jime Vs Ortom: Supreme Court Hears Jime’s Appeal Against Ortom Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.