Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,898 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

German Worker Kidnapped In Nigeria. Boko Haram? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / German Worker Kidnapped In Nigeria. Boko Haram? (3830 Views)

Ex US Army Chief Says Nigeria, Boko Haram Not Usa's Priority / Civilians Among Dead In Nigeria's Boko-Haram Offensive - Aljazeera / BBC Hardtalk:focus On Nigeria/boko Haram (ibrahim Shema) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

German Worker Kidnapped In Nigeria. Boko Haram? by efisher(m): 7:02pm On Jan 26, 2012
UPDATED: Jan 26, 2012 15:28 GMT

A German worker was kidnapped Thursday in Kano, a northern Nigerian city wracked by violence, police said.

The man, whose name was not given, works for the construction company Dantata and Sawoe, Kano police said.

A spokeswoman for the German Foreign Ministry said officials were looking into the reports.

The man was abducted from one of the company's road building projects on a bridge on the outskirts of the city, police said.

Officials with Dantata and Sawoe could not be reached immediately for comment.

A manhunt is under way. Police said they had no immediate "clear suspicions" as to whether the kidnapping was carried out by Boko Haram or criminal groups.

Boko Haram, an Islamist militant group, is not known to have previously orchestrated the kidnappings of foreign workers.

Abductions by criminal gangs in Nigeria are rife. Most recently, the U.S. Embassy in Abuja confirmed that a U.S. citizen was kidnapped in Nigeria's Delta State.

Violence last Friday in Kano, including bombings and shootings, left more than 200 people dead, according to community leaders in Nigeria's second largest city.

President Goodluck Jonathan toured the city Sunday after attacks left the police headquarters and other government buildings in charred ruins.

A joint military task force arrested 158 suspected members of Boko Haram, security sources told CNN Tuesday.

Source: www.cnn.com
Re: German Worker Kidnapped In Nigeria. Boko Haram? by efisher(m): 7:06pm On Jan 26, 2012
If this is the handwork of boko rams, their motive will likely be to get the attention of the international community.

Where are the drones when you need em?
Re: German Worker Kidnapped In Nigeria. Boko Haram? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jan 26, 2012
This must be the handwork of ibos or Niger deltan boys.i doubt if boko haram will kidnap for ransome.Just my oinion based on past records of the usual kidnapping regions in Nigeria.
Re: German Worker Kidnapped In Nigeria. Boko Haram? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jan 26, 2012
~Bluetooth:

This must be the handwork of ibos or Niger deltan boys.i doubt if boko haram will kidnap for ransome[b].Just my oinion based on past records of the usual kidnapping regions in Nigeria[/b].

Chie!  see bad mouth  cheesy 

back to Post  Bokoharam motive now is to get the attention of the international community  shikena
Re: German Worker Kidnapped In Nigeria. Boko Haram? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jan 26, 2012
efisher, stop calling for drones. you don't know what they can do.
Re: German Worker Kidnapped In Nigeria. Boko Haram? by 9jaIhail(m): 7:24pm On Jan 26, 2012
~Bluetooth:

This must be the handwork of ibos or Niger deltan boys.i doubt if boko haram will kidnap for ransome.Just my oinion based on past records of the usual kidnapping regions in Nigeria.

well i will not engage into argument or exchange of words with you because i have been warning many reasonable igbos to seize from arguing or exchanging words with you because doing that aim you tout recognition and attention from decent humans.anyway i can't be surprise from your post what else do i expect from someone who were born at the back yard with the help of baba lawo and agbo mixture instead of hospital.

@op in this current situation of kano anything can happen though boko haram have not abducting but they can do it in other to draw international community attention.
Re: German Worker Kidnapped In Nigeria. Boko Haram? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jan 26, 2012
bandiejay:

Chie!  see bad mouth  cheesy 

back to Post  Bokoharam motive now is to get the attention of the international community  shikena

Boko haram are known to claim responsibility for every crime they commit so I will wait for them to claim this before i conclude that they are really the suspects.Meanwhile my finger still points to SS and SE.
Re: German Worker Kidnapped In Nigeria. Boko Haram? by waxrider: 10:25am On Jan 27, 2012
Good for him. What is he doing there when US has warned westerners.

At least German will Join in the fight against the evil religion.
Re: German Worker Kidnapped In Nigeria. Boko Haram? by 27naira(m): 10:39am On Jan 27, 2012
~Bluetooth:

You're ignorant. Nobody should expect less from a cow.
Re: German Worker Kidnapped In Nigeria. Boko Haram? by LEXYLOV: 11:13am On Jan 27, 2012
And what are they doing there undecided
Re: German Worker Kidnapped In Nigeria. Boko Haram? by nagoma(m): 11:29am On Jan 27, 2012
Remember the footballer's father? No prizes for guessing who the kidnappers are. Just wait and see.
Re: German Worker Kidnapped In Nigeria. Boko Haram? by freecocoa(f): 12:16pm On Jan 27, 2012
So oyinbo people still dey this country?hmm I didn't know o. undecided
Re: German Worker Kidnapped In Nigeria. Boko Haram? by eghost247(m): 12:47pm On Jan 27, 2012
waxrider:

Good for him. What is he doing there when US has warned westerners.

At least German will Join in the fight against the evil religion.
rubbish a man shouldn't go after his daily bread? back to the post doubt if its Boko haram but its normal for everybody to suspect them first and foremost as its is Northern Nigeria
Re: German Worker Kidnapped In Nigeria. Boko Haram? by amaham(m): 8:55pm On Jan 27, 2012
Boko haram is doing lyk its mentors-the al shabaab and AQIM . Since an EU member is missin, both US and NATO drones have started steamin their engines for onward delivery of hell-fire gift to northern nigeria

(1) (Reply)

PHCN, NIPP Target 6873MW In 2013. / See What Donald Trump Had To Say About Nigeria. / Pictures Of The French Man Captured In Camp Zero Sambisa Forest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.