Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,237 members, 7,807,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:22 PM

BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors (92903 Views)

Obasanjo Agrees To Campaign For Jonathan After Five Governors Prostrate And Beg / Police Invade Kano Goverment Lodge In Abuja, Hold Five Governors Hostage / Five Governors To Meet IBB, Abdulsalami Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by Pukkah: 10:36am On Jan 27, 2012
FLASH:  The Supreme Court has removed Governors Murtala Nyako (Adamawa), Timipre Sylva (Bayelsa), Ibrahim Idris (Kogi), Liyel Imoke (Cross River) and Aliyu Magatakarda Wamakko (Sokoto) from office.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news-update/34753-breaking-news-supreme-court-sacks-five-governors.html
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by Pukkah: 10:40am On Jan 27, 2012
Expect former Governor Sylva to be arrested for corruption and possibly treason anytime from now.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by Pukkah: 10:47am On Jan 27, 2012
http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news-update/34753-breaking-news-supreme-court-sacks-five-governors.html

BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors

The Supreme Court on Friday sacked five state governors whose tenure elapsed in May 29 last year.
The governors are Ibrahim Idris (Kogi), Murtala Nyako (Adamawa), Timipre Sylva (Bayelsa), Aliyu Wamakko (Sokoto) and Liyel Imoke (Cross River). They are all members of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
The decision was taken by a seven-member panel chaired by Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Justice Dahiru Musdapher.
Other members of the panel are Justices Mahmud Mukhtar, Walter Onnonghen, Chukwuma Ene, Ibrahim Coomasie, Olufunlola Adekeye and Mary Peter-Odili.
The judgment is in an appeal by the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) governorship candidate in Adamawa State, Brig.-Gen. Buba Marwa and the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
The appellants are challenging the decision of the Court of Appeal, Abuja, which upheld the decision of an Abuja Federal High Court that extended the tenure of the five governors beyond May 29, 2011.
Details later…,
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by yampoo(m): 10:54am On Jan 27, 2012
NTA BREAKING NEWS: Supreme court rules that tenure of 5 governors ended since 29th may 2011.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by Gbawe: 10:54am On Jan 27, 2012
The more things change, the more they stay the same. "Fresh air" turning out to be far more anti-people, more dictatorial and more vindictive than the leader we never imagined would be surpassed for those things i.e OBJ.  I dey laff.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by Osama10(m): 10:55am On Jan 27, 2012
So what happens now?
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by Arosa(m): 10:55am On Jan 27, 2012
Nice one! That sylva guy should be locked up for at least 10 years.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by olawalebabs(m): 10:56am On Jan 27, 2012
Good, you can benefit from a stolen goods.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by yampoo(m): 11:02am On Jan 27, 2012
@occupynigeria The Next Breking News Will Be Efcc arrested Former Gov of Bayelsa State Chief Temipreye Sylva ur immunity as elapsed.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by buy4me: 11:07am On Jan 27, 2012
I told some folks that this will happen by this weekend earlier in the week, and they are doubting me.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-855063.0.html#msg10058868
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by worm(f): 11:09am On Jan 27, 2012
There is a Gubernatorial Election in Adamawa on the 4th February 2012 i guess that is the reason for Nyako's sack. Marwa is also contesting along with one Gundiri.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by otokx(m): 11:10am On Jan 27, 2012
Good news
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by Beaf: 11:10am On Jan 27, 2012
Can we now lock up Timipre Sylva and throw away the key? cool
Muthafucker thought his day would never come.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by victorazy(m): 11:14am On Jan 27, 2012
Bhalf of Eco-Durab Consortium Abuja is pleading to court to plz they should put my client's name "Idris" back
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by Nobody: 11:14am On Jan 27, 2012
Dispensation of justice in Nigeria is rather too slow. Idris of Kogi state ought to have vacated his seat since May 2011, but has stay on till now when he has just a month and some days to fulfill the four year term. None of them has nothing to loose since they must have anticipated the judgement and thereby fill their pockets with loots from their states.
The opposition groups in Kogi State should put their acts together, prepare for a fresh election and make sure these looters never smell power in again.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by Nobody: 11:16am On Jan 27, 2012
Silvan RUN RUN RUN RUN!!!!! fire on the mountain grin grin grin
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by 1virus(m): 11:16am On Jan 27, 2012
chai!chineke!!! Nigerians are in trouble. Another way to spread bokoharam as promised.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by olawalebabs(m): 11:19am On Jan 27, 2012
Beaf:

Can we now lock up Timipre Sylva and throw away the key? cool
Muthafucker thought his day would never come.
Why wont you be objective for once, be fair to this man now.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by MemeInc(m): 11:20am On Jan 27, 2012
YEAH, it seems Nigeria is finally waking up from its slumber.
ITS JUSTICE OR NOTHING
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by Nobody: 11:21am On Jan 27, 2012
buy4me:

I told some folks that this will happen by this weekend earlier in the week, and they are doubting me.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-855063.0.html#msg10058868
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by betrani(m): 11:22am On Jan 27, 2012
Hw about those Guys campaigning for votes? like the governors of Cross River and Bayelsa? wats going to be their faith nw?
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by bigshow123: 11:24am On Jan 27, 2012
poor judicial timing. judgement ought to have been delivered before the elections last year. anyway, better late than never
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by MDMAN: 11:27am On Jan 27, 2012
With his development, what then is the fate of Kogites? Is it that the first primary election that produce Echocho will be upheld or is it that the former that produced Idris Wada? Please can anyone contribute?
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by Beaf: 11:31am On Jan 27, 2012
olawalebab:

One thing I dislike is your constant stream of stup!d responses. Do you know anything about Timipre Sylva at all?
Every id!ot gets on NL to emit their noxious gases. angry
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by Nobody: 11:34am On Jan 27, 2012
The weekend is heavily pregnant for a certain excellency with a fondness for the white stuff grin
See as confusion come break bone.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by enema22: 11:41am On Jan 27, 2012
that is a good news for oppositions party in some of those state
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by mrmayor(m): 11:43am On Jan 27, 2012
Pukkah:

Expect former Governor Sylva to be arrested for corruption and possibly treason anytime from now.

Ha ha grin grin grin Former Governor already? How are the might fallen.

Best news I heard in a long time, btw I'm no PDP fan.

eGuerrilla:

The weekend is heavily pregnant for a certain excellency with a[b] fondness for the white stuff[/b] grin
See as confusion come break bone.

Now that is wicked, you don't kick a governor when he is down grin grin
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by iyaski: 11:44am On Jan 27, 2012
olawalebab:

Are you an Idiot, A wicked man has been brought down and you are saying someone should be objective. You are very stupid for making that comment. Timipre Slyva is a bastard.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by olawalebabs(m): 11:45am On Jan 27, 2012
Beaf:

One thing I dislike is your constant stream of stup!d responses. Do you know anything about Timipre Sylva at all?
Every id!ot gets on NL to emit their noxious gases. angry
Can you be civil for once, can't you give a simple answer to be simple question. you don't need to always portray your stupidity all the time.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court sacks five governors by buy4me: 11:50am On Jan 27, 2012
olawalebab:

Plan is underway to further frustrate Gov. Timipriye Sylva of Bayelsa State by the weekend.
A top information  source reveal that the plot will be achieved by having the supreme court make a ruling to sack all the governors of the state where elections are pending to be replaced by speakers of the state houses of assemblies in those state; by doing this, sylva will be at the mercy of Jonathan .

DONT KNOW HOW RELIABLE THIS IS! ANY HINTS

I posted this earlier in the week, and some folks were calling me names:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-855063.0.html#msg10059008

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kemi Adeosun Wearing NYSC Uniform - By Joe Igbokwe (Real Or Photoshopped?) / Chinese Warship Arrives Nigeria / Temitope Olatoye ‘Sugar’ Shot In Ibadan, In A Critical Condition At UCH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.