Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

A Soulless Nation! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Soulless Nation! (1532 Views)

The New Islamic Nation In Undeniable Bible Prophecies / The Change We Need 2011 The Youth Of The Nation: Our Future And Our Hope / Who Said Nigeria Is Not A Christian Nation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Soulless Nation! by committed: 12:31pm On Mar 17, 2006
At adulthood, you still crawl on your knees begging for your daily bread.

My name is adeniyi, I am an ambassador, and I am here to charge you unto rejecting the evil that proliferate our economy.

How long will you pacify the grace of God? Nigeria a nation of many accolades, from the valley of colonization to the mountains of democracy who hath bewitched you? Having attain the height of self rule you eliminate every leader that volunteered their service, for every democratic regime you were given a leader you deserve yet your tongue set the economy on fire.

How long will you live in wickedness? When will you come to the reality of time? The hands that fed you, you have bitten; for how long will pride prevail in your house? I traveled through the roads of the nation and I saw wickedness, staring like a roaring lion; evil crouching at the doorsteps of men. Are there no more prophets in this nation I asked? How soon men forgets the relay that brought them liberty O' nation of prophets, why do you sit down and allow evil prevail, the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Where is your calling o prophet, will you sit down for your faith to be thread upon? Does it cost a fortune to stand up for the faith that brought you this far?

The mental giants you have gathered against, the truth seekers you have criticized, do the citizens have rights anymore? Will you try to bring down what has given the citizens hope? Is the message of hope a threat to you?

I challenge you to give me answers to these questions.

Where is my right to freedom of speech and __expression? You have trampled it before, you want to do it again, make no mistakes about this you cannot succeed, and I will stand for my right even if I were the only one.

Listen to the words of a man of honor: I have fought against white domination, and I have fought against black domination. I have cherished the ideal of a democratic and free society in which all persons live together in harmony and with equal opportunities. It is an ideal, which I hope to live for and to achieve. But if needs be, it is an ideal for which I am prepared to die.

Mandela rejected an offer of release on condition that he renounce violence. Prisoners cannot enter into contracts. Only free men can negotiate

What domination are we fighting against in our country, they don’t even have a class.

Christians, why are you threatening your foundation? Don’t you know you will crumble and fall, you are just a structure and when your builder likes he will bring you down. Hear the voice of wisdom:

In every second, there is a move

In every minute there is an act

In every hour there is an event

And everyday history is written

The world is not for those without a course, it belongs to those that have a reason they can die for.

Where is your foundation O nation of renegades? What hope do you have for your children O perverse generation?

You have gathered to write out a phase of time, ignorance has taken over your house; you have brought the rampage of your ignorance to town looking for fools to run with you a visionless race. I am not a fool, I am not shortsighted, I have come to understand the time we are in life, this is the time of a whispered generation; those who with patience possess all things.Let me ask you a question, what faith do you propagate? Let me give your life a meaning and a purpose for living. Though you have stepped your boundary in making nefarious decisions, but I have an advice for you; leave my faith alone. Why in the world would you perpetuate the announcement of the ban of miracle programmes in our television stations, tell me can you live without a miracle in your daily lives?

How would you verify the virgin birth? Do you believe Jesus Christ is the son of God? Do you believe He rose up from the grave? Why do you then find it hard to believe the lame can walk and the blind see, was it not by a miracle you are able to come out of the ailment that trail you for many years? Tell me O faithless people, can you restore the hope of this nation when you take away their daily bread? I ask you a question, WHERE ARE THE PHARAOHS OF YESTERDAY? We have heard of the history of nations, how they fought for their liberty not to be trampled on. Where is you history Nigeria, the serria leones of yesterday; the Roman Empire was taken refuge all because a few callous men came together and made decisions not fit for the land of the living and the people won’t do nothing.

Rise up to the call o’ compatriots; let us fight for the cause of our faith while we can. We won’t agree to a code that is not included in our Constitution, we won’t allow unethical codes guide our steps. Can anyone of you heal the wounds of a nation in travail without God? Can you produce your proofs of gullible in this nation? Why do you imagine a vain thing, have you not heard that the head which cracks the coconut shall not partake of it. Weep for your children you hypocrites, how long will the hour of darkness be with you? What has brought hope you have rejected, Wake up to this call for it is your right, reject mediocrity and seek knowledge this is the time to fight for tomorrow will not give you a chance.

Where are the Martin luthers of today? Where are the Men whose vision is to see the Glory in this nation manifested to the world? Can you put new wine in old wine skins?   

We have been told stories, we have seen documentaries. But behold a soulless nation without a root, does history have you on its time-table? Nigerians this is a clarion call to you, I believe in God and His only son Jesus Christ and I believe our nation can be a place where truth will prevail; a place where our rights are respected; a nation where our liberty is not per versed; a nation where you and I can give our children hope for their future; a nation where righteousness can reign without hostility.

Director-General of NBC, Dr. Silas Yisa who announced the decision in Abuja argued that the ban was in line with Section 4 (46) of the Nigerian Broadcasting Code which states that "religious broadcasts shall be particular in terms of content to its creed and shall not be presented in a manner to mislead the public". To this end therefore, the NBC's decision is hinged on the need to prevent viewers from being misled by some self-acclaimed miracle workers.

Can you hear him(Dr. Silas Yisa) who announced the decision in Abuja argued that the ban was in line with Section 4 (46) of the Nigerian Broadcasting Code which states that "religious broadcasts shall be particular in terms of content to its creed and shall not be presented in a manner to mislead the public".

Who is the code to judge the manner in which the public is misled, are the Governments afraid to speak for themselves? And If I may ask is the code human? Is it not some set of people that sat down to make the secret language to suit their purpose? Mr silas this is English language we are speaking here,(religious broadcasts shall be particular in terms of content to its creed)

Mr. Silas what is a creed?

a. Belief

b.Faith

2. And shall not be presented in a manner to mislead the public".- this simply means to give the wrong impression

b. Misinform

c. Lie to

d. deceive

Mr. silas according to this grammar can the code or law present to the public how many people or whoever has fallen under this categories because for their to be a law there must be an evidence to protect.

And according to the representatives of the NBC on some of the talk shows on air, there was a Mrs. Grace who said the code is to protect Gullible Nigerians, the word Gullible simply means Naïve, easy to fool. This is an insult to Nigerians.

Will one man easily deceive 2.5million Nigerians in a day and part of this Nigerians are the Doctors that gives you treatment when u visit the hospital, part of them are members of your cabinet and staffs, members of the house of assembly even state governors, haba! Mr. Silas you are tough in your decision-making.

Well all these have been said so you can wake up and revisit the decision made because we laugh together but we cry individually.

In addition, for Nigerians, this is as I said earlier on a clarion call to all those who believe in the name of the resurrected Christ and the power that backs us up as Christians. We will not sit down and allow this to continue make no mistakes about it. We will not go to war, We will not carry placards, We will not make a noise, We will not hurt a fly, but the one who experience the wrath of a King will never be able to explain what it is like.

Belarus:

Churches face challenges gathering to worship

The ability for small groups to meet to worship in Belarus seems connected to the preferences of local officials more than the law, according to a series of reports received from Forum 18.

The religious affairs official on one region of Belarus told Forum 18 that small, unregistered groups could meet in homes "as long as they don't disturb the public order." In another region, however, this was denied. Christians are increasingly finding that renting a public hall for a religious meeting or meeting outside is impossible in some regions but allowed in others.

Pentecostal Assistant Bishop Naum Sakhanchuk said that, in some regions a letter is all that is needed to hold a baptism service outdoors. In other areas, however, they don't bother writing. "I'll be refused - they'll say that the river is polluted, or that swimming is prohibited in the lake."

Even for officially registered organizations, there are similar difficulties. According to Belarussian law, a religious organization cannot use a residential address for its official address, nor can it meet in a private residence. However, for many churches, this is their only option, either because they are small groups or they are denied access to public facilities. Of sixty-four registered Full Gospel churches in Belarus, for example, only five have their own houses of worship. Even these, however, are officially listed as residential. While most house churches have been able to continue to meet without harassment, their meetings remain illegal and their denominations face the risk of failing to gain re-registration or possible liquidation because of these activities. Those groups who attempt to construct or purchase a church building face similar difficulties. "After building applications are rejected two or three times we stop counting," said Sakhanchuk. Applications are frequently refused or revoked for petty reasons.

Do you want to get to this stage before you wake up from your slumber men and women of courage? Can Man give life to a dying generation?

Nigerians, I leave you to be the architect of your future. Rise up and let’s take what belongs to us; Christians rise up and challenge the evil poising your faith for tomorrow will not come if you don’t take charge of today. possess your right.

The national broadcasting commission is infringing on the rights and freedom of _expression of the Christian citizen of this nation, this body asked all television stations to stop the airing of miracle programs on air; why should this be?

Can they restore the hope of the people looking up to God for a future? I am a Christian and I pray for this nation as much as God has committed to my trust to do, are you not aware that a miracle is the supernatural intervention of God in the affairs of men? Can anyone of them heal the sick? will God lie? I know they are ignorant of the works of God that is why I am using this medium so they can desist from the evil they are perpetuating in our nation.

The Supreme Court of Nigeria has held that vesting in a body the powers of both investigation and a trial amount to a breach of the rule of fair hearing expressed in the Latin maxim, nemo judex in causa sua (“you cannot be a judge in your own cause”) and is therefore unconstitutional. (cool As constitutional democracy takes root in Nigeria, the Commission may yet face a stiff test in this regard which might undermine its ability to effectively regulate the broadcasting industry in Nigeria.

Oludotun Akinwunmi

(1) (Reply)

Genesis Vs Genetics / The Man With The Red Underpants-A R Green / Contentions With Idehn On The Existence Of God, Time, And Space.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.