Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,881 members, 7,806,544 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

The Impending Global End To Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Impending Global End To Religion (1159 Views)

Adeboye Talks About His Impending Death / Atheist; Can You Go Back To Religion? / Say No To Religion! Science Is The Truth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Impending Global End To Religion by ajadrage: 11:51pm On Oct 13, 2007
All you who do not know, please do not kid yourselves. It is a statement of fact when the suggestion is made to an upcoming event or a series of upcoming events that would culminate in the global extinction of all modern day faith based belief or religious delineations. This is not restricted to christianity alone. I do not know if present religious literature would survive those times but I do know from research and available evidence that organised worship of whatever kind as presently practiced in contemporary faith based beliefs would cease to remain in their present form.

This idea which has been in the consciousness of interested scholars of this expected phenomenon for over fifteen millenia has only just begun enjoy little attention from contemporary scholars of the world over who have seen through the shroud that has been pulled over reason by political and economic think thanks manipulating the potentialities of religion to assert a stranglehold on power, the bane of mankind.

One truth is certain though, religion might one day cease to exist the way we know it, but the truth of man's existence shall be sifted through all the religious literature and those that genuinely seek to know the "whys and hows" and the many questions that continue to plague mankind that religion has failed to answer would discover that the real substance of worship is not the name that a religion is given nor the tag ascribed to it, rather it shall be the positive force that guides us all into discerning that which hurts the other brother and our abstinence fro it or those that wrong the other sister and our desisting from them. Those are the templates that shall be imprinted in our hearts.

Friedrich Nietzsche had an idea (although he veered way beyond the right direction due to his disenchantment with religion) when he said "God is dead", but were he to be alive today, I believe that he might have rephrased it to read "Religion is dead".

I urge you all to reason this issue rationally and without bias. Myanmar might just have set the ball rolling
Re: The Impending Global End To Religion by naijacutee(f): 12:29am On Oct 14, 2007
"Wishful thinking" is all I can say.
Re: The Impending Global End To Religion by ajadrage: 1:53am On Oct 14, 2007
I guess you're entitled to call it what you like girl, but that don't change the reality
Re: The Impending Global End To Religion by KAG: 2:15am On Oct 14, 2007
ajadrage:

Nietzche had an idea (although he veered way beyond the right direction due to his disenchantment with religion) when he said "God is dead", but were he to be alive today, I believe that he might have rephrased it to read "Religion is dead".

I doubt that.
Re: The Impending Global End To Religion by ajadrage: 9:17am On Oct 14, 2007
You guys are capable of doubting anything even after being provided with incontrovertible corroboration. I hope we all be alive to be witness when these events unfold. If you had been in Israel say about 40 CE, I believe you must have doubted the veracity of her impending total destruction also.

And Friedrich Nietzsche had his priorities straight only he was dissilussioned by the hypocrisy of global religious institutions and their compromising stance on issues
Re: The Impending Global End To Religion by Horus(m): 10:51am On Oct 14, 2007
"There is an evil hypnotic spell cast upon the Nubian people(Ptahites Ethiopian-Kuwshites) everywhere called ‘KINGU’. KINGU is ‘The Spell of Sleep’ (of the subconscious mind) or what is commonly known as ‘The Spell of Leviathan’ which is enforced through religious propaganda that promotes scriptures such as the Bible and Koran, as undisputable sacred books. Religion itself, is a spell. How? RELIGION IS A SPELL because it keeps you thinking that someone is going to save you, when the helping hand that you’re looking for is at the end of your arm. RELIGION IS A SPELL because it has you believing that you can’t have anything of worth until after you die, when all you have to is work for it.
RELIGION IS A SPELL because it condones people turning into bums, dropouts and failures of society, when a steady income could solve most of your problems. RELIGION IS A SPELL because it has you believing in spooks and ghost, when those whom you were made in the image and after the likeness of, were physical beings.
The Spell of KINGU is also enforced through the media by establishing how you should look, what you should wear, how you should feel, where you should go, where you should work, how you should spend your money and what you should eat.
The Spell of KINGU is also enforced through the public scholl system by instilling in you since childhood, the concept of 1, 2, 3. Everything is taught to you in threes, your ABC’s your 123’s; Your nouns, PERSON, PLACE OR THINGS; THE 3 LITTLE PIGS, THE 3 BEARS, etc. The Spell of KINGU is in the mode of ‘1, 2, 3’ or ‘Persons, Places, and Things’ and there is not anything you can conceive that does not fit in either of those categories. Everything is some way based on the number ‘3’ for example:

A. The three R’s = 1. Reading, 2. Writing, 3. Arithmetic
B. The Trinity = 1. The Father, 2. The Son, 3. The Holy Ghost
C. The Bible = Based on: 1. God, 2. Devil, 3.Humanity
D. Lifestyle Concept = 1. Home, 2. Job, 3. Money in the bank.

With these three methods, Religion, Media and Schools( or Sheowl meaning ‘Hell’ in the Aramic[Hebrew] Language) you have been programmed from a very young age. You have learned not to question anything that is taught to you, not even the obvious contradictions or the things lacking plain common sense. You don’t go past what you are told. You are so caught up in the Spell of KINGU, that you are unable to come up with anything new, everything you do or say has been done or said many times before."
Re: The Impending Global End To Religion by Ascony(m): 9:32pm On Oct 14, 2007
"Wishful thinking" is all I can say.

Wishful thinking indeed. But sometimes wishes do come true and this one will definiteely come true.
Very soon, just very soon, this generation will witness the age of reason. The age when faith and religion will be abolished as if it never existed. The age when mankind will look for better ways to make life more meaningful rather than depending on some unseen deity to intervene in their circumstances.
Intellectuals all over the world are now begining to apply reason to belief systems, unlike some centuries ago when freethinking, skepticism and atheism was more like a crime.

In the earliest times of which we have definite history, everybody believed in many gods. It was the Jews who first introduced the belief in only one god. when The first commandment was new, it was very difficult to obey because the Jews had also believed that Baal and Ashtaroth and Dagon and Moloch and the rest of other gods were real gods but were rather, wicked because they helped the enemies of the Jews. The step from a belief that these gods were wicked to the belief that they did not exist was a difficult one. The jews once believed and had faith in these gods but they gradually gave them up because they realised that they were fake. sooner or later, this would be how we would also come to the realization that our present gods are also fake and would have no choice but abandon it just like the jews abandoned their former gods.

In america today, 95% of the populace are believers while just the rest 5% are either atheists, agnostics or humanists etc. Given the fact that America is about 300 million in count, the number of non believers will then be about 15 million people. Did u hear that? 15 million just in America alone? canada, australia, and many other countries in the world are also growing rapidly in the number of unbelievers. though Africa seems to be the least growing number due to the fact that this opium of religion is hooked on us and has deluded us to even forget the fact that this religion was introduced to us by this same people that are now abandoning it. But that does not change the fact that there are many atheists in Africa, its just that they are scared to come out in the open. But someday they will free themselves and come out of their closet to stand firm on their belief.
so we are coming up, and sooner or later , whether we like it or not, the age of reason shall emerge and prevail.

@ ajadrage ansd horus, keep it up guys. we shall make it someday.
Re: The Impending Global End To Religion by KAG: 10:50pm On Oct 14, 2007
ajadrage:

You guys are capable of doubting anything even after being provided with incontrovertible corroboration.

What "incontovertible corroboration"?

And Friedrich Nietzsche had his priorities straight only he was dissilussioned by the hypocrisy of global religious institutions and their compromising stance on issues

If you say so. Still doubt Nietzsche would have changed his famous maxm from "God is dead", to "Religion is dead" "were he alive today"
Re: The Impending Global End To Religion by cgift(m): 1:49pm On Oct 17, 2007
Ascony:

Very soon, just very soon, this generation will witness the age of reason. The age when faith and religion will be abolished as if it never existed. The age when mankind will look for better ways to make life more meaningful rather than depending on some unseen deity to intervene in their circumstances.

I am sorry to dissappoint you. What are your assumptions bfore that conclusion? Do you think we have not already been living with that. In how many of the developed nations do you think their scientists depends on ethereal powers? Do they attribute their developments to supernatural powers or prowess?

Ascony:

Intellectuals all over the world are now begining to apply reason to belief systems, unlike some centuries ago when freethinking, skepticism and atheism was more like a crime.

There is more to life than meets the eyes. Man is not natural. Man is spiritual. Applying reason to belief systems is only necessary when you have a system first in place. I dont know of Islam and the rest but i know the bible urgs us to reason, put on our thinking cap, and search things out ourselves. If there was anything clandestine that ought to be hidden, it would not have given such a command.

Anyon who practices atheism, free-thinking and others which do not glorify God do not commit any crime against humanity but against themselves cos they will be too shocked at what awaits them. Just live your life the way you like but the things which are beyond you are more numerous than the things you can control.

Ascony:
In the earliest times of which we have definite history, everybody believed in many gods. It was the Jews who first introduced the belief in only one god. when The first commandment was new, it was very difficult to obey because the Jews had also believed that Baal and Ashtaroth and Dagon and Moloch and the rest of other gods were real gods but were rather, wicked because they helped the enemies of the Jews. The step from a belief that these gods were wicked to the belief that they did not exist was a difficult one. The jews once believed and had faith in these gods but they gradually gave them up because they realised that they were fake. sooner or later, this would be how we would also come to the realization that our present gods are also fake and would have no choice but abandon it just like the jews abandoned their former gods.

Its a pity that something like this is coming from a former acclaimed christain and evangelist (i presume you are the one). Have you ver being in a practical session of deliverance before to know whether demons scream and run away at the faithful use of the name of Christ? You must be kidding me to deny the poweer. You probably had a form of godliness then but denied the power. 2 Timothy 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. The words of God is not theoritical, it is active 1 Corinthians 2:4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

I am so sure that the villages you had visited and one or more of the converts you have had (if any) would be able to give you practical demonstrations of Christ's powers. I am sure one of your 'children' in the Lord can bring you back.

Ascony:
In america today, 95% of the populace are believers while just the rest 5% are either atheists, agnostics or humanists etc. Given the fact that America is about 300 million in count, the number of non believers will then be about 15 million people. Did u hear that? 15 million just in America alone? canada, australia, and many other countries in the world are also growing rapidly in the number of unbelievers.

Oh! You are seeking members of what? It can only reduce. Rather than the knowledge of God decreasing, it will be the other way. For God's knowledge shall grow and covr the earth as the waters covers the seas. You will be dissappointed dude.

Ascony:
though Africa seems to be the least growing number due to the fact that this opium of religion is hooked on us and has deluded us to even forget the fact that this religion was introduced to us by this same people that are now abandoning it. But that does not change the fact that there are many atheists in Africa, its just that they are scared to come out in the open. But someday they will free themselves and come out of their closet to stand firm on their belief.

You wont understand. I know you dont understand. No worries. We shall take the gospel back to them. Yes, they brought it to us and then later abandoned it. We shall take it to them. We already are! Local churches are spreading their tentacles abroad more than ever before. I would have loved to take you deeper to show you the schemes behind the plot for the degradation of America and Europe but not at this time. It is a grand design. It is in prophecy and thos of us who live by and understand prophecy know what is happening. We can see the hand of Jacob but the voice of Esau.

Ascony:
@ ajadrage ansd horus, keep it up guys. we shall make it someday.

Again, i tll you, you will be shocekd.
Re: The Impending Global End To Religion by Seun(m): 2:00pm On Oct 17, 2007
Religion isn't going anywhere.
Unless scientists learn how to create life or something.
Then it's gonna evolve into something more sinister!
Re: The Impending Global End To Religion by cgift(m): 3:58pm On Oct 17, 2007
Seun:

Religion isn't going anywhere.
Unless scientists learn how to create life or something.
Then it's going to evolve into something more sinister!

But the truth is they cant create life! Th most basic component of life in the most basic or simplest cell which is proteins composing amino acids can never be created by thm scientists. Though the create amino acids, the ones they create cant come together to form a protein. grin

Miller tried it and failed!

God pass them!
Re: The Impending Global End To Religion by Tasma: 6:00pm On Oct 17, 2007
Definitely religion as we know it will pass away. Everything in human culture is borne out of necessity. When we develop the confidence to admit we are constantly evolving it is the first step. We will realise that our knowledge is limited but growing. It is thus unnecessary to describe things we can't comprehend just as that and not as some metaphysical happening. It only takes a little intelligence to see that over time knowledge has refined religion. Science told us the earth was spherical and that affected religious beliefs, medicine taught us about viruses, bacteria and mental illnesses and those also changed religious beliefs. It might be useful for "hardcore" religious persons to take a step back once in a while and examine their beliefs and how those beliefs stand in present times.
Re: The Impending Global End To Religion by Gamine(f): 6:18pm On Oct 17, 2007
Thank Goodness its
Religion that is coming to an End

Since im a Christian, we will continue living life in the Lord grin grin grin
Re: The Impending Global End To Religion by ajadrage: 11:33pm On Oct 17, 2007
How does an earthly sovereign power consolidate her hold unto the faith and allegiance of the people who she governs? A set of rules and guidelines guiding daily activities and discouraging opposition to authority. Countless nations spanning the entire history of mankind has modified a tool to achieve this and has so indoctrinated politics into faith based organisations as it has indoctrinated nationhood into the very fabric of belief systems.

When one mentions religion today, many tend to think of Christianity, Islam, Hindu, Judaism etc. Even the African belief system has been categorised under ATR (African Traditional Religion) after having metamorphosed from it's hitherto tag of "paganism". However, since the earlier days of contemporary mankind at the dawn of documented history, earlier civilisations laid great emphasis on worship and belief systems even to the point of integrating religious practices with duties of state. The bottomline is that everybody had an idea of a superior existence, but the bone of contention is which one is actually the right choice.

Coincidences of birth location should be the first influence on an individual as it is most likely that if one were to be born in Saudi Arabia he would most probably be a Muslim adherent, while one born in, say India would likely be a Hindu faithful. This has to be the death knell for the justification of faith based beliefs as each claim to be the one true and only way towards something positive that we can experience on another level of spirituality.

Contemporary religions have naturally evolved to ascribe to a monotheistic belief system drawing from some irrefutable occurences of history spanning over two millenia. These religions, albeit new totals billions of adherents today due to the policy old world powers applied in the control mechanisms of maximally applying religion to achieve conquest. It is worthy of note that the exported end product which was so successfully applied in the systematic invasion and colonisation of African civilisations has not done their exporters much good talk less of African nations who continue to struggle with decadent leadership who lay claim to belief in one or more of the dominant religions.

The way and manner in which supposedly believers of the same doctrine contradict themselves in their manner and speech and are ably accomodated within the realm of the state only points to one logical and rational conclusion, there really is a lot of hypocrisy around. It's not forever that religion's gonna be able to fool most of the people
Re: The Impending Global End To Religion by ajadrage: 12:00am On Oct 18, 2007
cgift:

But the truth is they can't create life! Th most basic component of life in the most basic or simplest cell which is proteins composing amino acids can never be created by thm scientists. Though the create amino acids, the ones they create can't come together to form a protein. grin

Miller tried it and failed!

God pass them!

I quite agree in the concept of a God being as we are priviledged to have various written documentation and first hand reports by men respected by history as to the veracity of an existence of such a being. Thousands of distinguished men of science would also agree with me on this point as they have been truthful and honest enough to acknowledge a total helplessness as to the various complexities of physical existence and the uniqueness of it's laws structure.

Decades ago, it was fashionable to dispute the existence of that such being, but the many breakthroughs and advancements in thought and research has vindicated those who hold the belief that the existence in it's entirety was ordered right from the very inception which science refers to as "the big bang". Now they are realising say na something cause that bang. Recent discovery of dark matter gives one serious cause for wonder as the presence of such may well be the very evidence of discernible reason for the progression of the universe in this day and time.

God pass them true true, but are we sure the God is in these contraptions of a modern day immitation of divinity. There is only one true way, but see the countless faith based based organisations when dey claim to get the genuine road map. All of them go talk true one day
Re: The Impending Global End To Religion by ajadrage: 6:19pm On Oct 18, 2007
If only they would just stop the lying and tell everyone the truth. There are in existence documents and symbols predating modern civilisation that are in the custody of the Vatican. Whatever these were used for should not bother one as much as to knowing the explanations for it. But these guys prefer to keep this within it's defined territory which is the only known sovereign nation state operating a theocracy as a form of government. Sometimes, they choose to share some of these secrets with chosen allies and as such maintain a pseudo influence on the contemporary powers that be among the commitee of nations.

Since the beginning of time, many factors have influenced worship of an identified deity. Different cultures express the existence of another realm of existence, a throwback to when man was in a state of become, which is the theoretical state of man immediately preceeded by the Hobbes Leviathan state of nature. It was the turmoil and total state of anarchy that brought about the neccessity for a social contract. Thus in any given social super structure, religion has been applied as an abstract base structure. In cataloguing the historical developement of nations, the Roman empire proved to be the one that most benefitted. By virtue of her occupation of the land of promise till her destruction, she was priviledged to witness the lifetime of an individual whose short life has defined mankind since then. Since the times of post Augustinian Rome, it did not take the powers that be to realise the immense opportunity by hijacking this foreign belief system to grind with the state machinery.

They really must have had some good intentions, at least I believed that a lot of them might have argued that they were doing it following instructions from above. Now was it God that was being reffered to as being above or was it man? The reference to God as against the mentioning of his name which he had made known already for it to be called and acknowledged further lends credence to the notion that some of those guys had alternative intentions. This shroud they intended to keep on the majority of mankind by making the compiled work reffered to as the scriptures completely inaccessible to common folk, that is if they could even read. We see how religion is being applied as a reason and as a vindictive weapon in the affairs of man, even to the present day.

Quite fortunately, we have long left that part of the human history, and the global information situation has been greatly deregulated. Still, I doubt that religious affiliation becomes a yardstick for measuring the true spirituality of the individual and the concept of a divine deity should be clarified unambiguosly by those who claim to subscribe to tenets. Bare faced lies and subtle attempts at playing down the significance of dogma as a factor of great significance to worship would not do anymore.

If they do not know what to do, I propose a global conference of all world religions to hold where they would come up with one unified explanation of the concept of spirituality as it relates to mankind, although I doubt if this suggestion would ever be taken grin

Many things dey to talk about
Re: The Impending Global End To Religion by cgift(m): 7:36pm On Oct 18, 2007
Yearn dem well.

A point for consideration is that the vatican (the LovePeddler of Revelation which will definately be the place of the anti-christ) is in some clandestine operations. Their modus oprandi is as such incognito. Like the words of Napoleon, they are a military organisation rather than a religious order. They might hav had good intentions but no doubt, they are now th devil's concubines and God has exposed them thse latter days.

No matter the documents any body or cult may have concerning anything, if it is from God, it would not contradict what he has said because he is the same yesterday, today and forevermore. The Vatican would always say that its traditions are more superior to the bible - a very sad development. It might however be interesting anyway to have their views on creation. I am yet to com across any of their claims on that subject matter.

Christ re-iterated that his kingdom is not of this world despite having all powers to do so. He simply refused to loose focus as he had and still have greater plans for humanity. The unholy and lewd desire to declate a state religion, perhaps universal is what led the papacy in the past to matyr xtains. They have no regrets for this as they are soon going to repeat the saem thing as the world powers submit their sovrignity to Rome. Rome will come up again. Its traditions are still very much alive through the Vatican. Though they had th opportunity to witness a life-changer amidst them then, they subjected him to the most gruesome pain and shame; murdered him. This time, as Rome comes up again under a theocracy, they shall, together with the antichrist, fight against Christains but shall now be defeated and that of course, forever!

Though a global conference of world religions come to the fore, it will not help issues as these matters appeal to the softest parts of men's minds. Of a truth, the world would have known better peace had christianity (not the type catholicism tried to enforce but the one Christ himself demonstrated) being a its religion, but it is only a wish. Christ comes at the end of times to restore the earth to what God's original intentions for creating Man and the universe was originally.

The best we can do therefore is to preach the gospel to all creation - but seeing that faith is a hard thing, you are left with no choice but to love and pray fro the one that refuses your gospel.

Cheers.
Re: The Impending Global End To Religion by ajadrage: 9:19pm On Oct 18, 2007
On the issue of atheism, I will not defend those that claim atheism neither will I judge them. I believe that before a rational, reasonable adult would take a decision to believe in their unbelief a lot of thought must have gone towards it even to the very point of questioning the very essence of one's existence. As a result of the many misconceptions and misrepresentations that has been handed down throughout the history of mankind as to the kind of belief systems that best suits our composite definitions of society, the real truth as to origins has been beclouded and it is in this state that modern man has sought to question the very reality of a supreme deity responsible for the design of existence in which we are witness of even as of the present.

In some ways, I quite understand the mindset of the atheist and I have been priviledged to have intelligent conversation with a few and I dare say that some of these guys are more spiritually enlightened than most who claim to be devout adherents of the many world religions. It is my belief that deep down in the mind of the average atheist is still that one great yearning that the real truth as to the mystery of our existence be laid bare and open for all to grasp and understand and not to be shrouded in some secrecy and mystery as is the present practice of world religions.

The founders of most (if not all) of the worlds major religions might have had some sort of communication and relationship with some supreme spiritual entity, but their surviving followers have done a hash of a job in the dissemination of the message of their masters. I for one know that were Jesus to be alive today, the entirety of Christiandom would be strangers to him. Same might apply to other religions as atheism is a rebellion against all established faith based belief systems irrespective of type or denomination.

The atheist I do not begrudge, the teaching of religion and it's twisting of divine truths and it's close association with the nations, now that I will not condone. I only hope that those who claim atheism would in time with the impartial and unbiased knowledge gained from study and research (and not the blind atheism that has no basis in arguement and sense), most of these guys will come to the realisation that no matter your religious affiliations, the God Jehovah still answers questions. And one day all your questions shall be answered.

Job might have been the first atheist documented, but he made a choice to keep on believing the One, true and living creator. Una go make that same decision sooner or later, no mind Babylon and all her followers.
Re: The Impending Global End To Religion by cgift(m): 10:54am On Oct 19, 2007
ajadrage:
On the issue of atheism, I will not defend those that claim atheism neither will I judge them. I believe that before a rational, reasonable adult would take a decision to believe in their unbelief a lot of thought must have gone towards it even to the very point of questioning the very essence of one's existence.

More often than not, those who come to this conclusion do not have morals. They only do so in ordr to justify their fleshly and carnal lusts andfree themselves of all encumberances. They dont want to be mind-troubled concerning their wayward lives. Others who do not belong to this category only try to reason out God whereas they cannot answer so many qustions about themselves.

ajadrage:
As a result of the many misconceptions and misrepresentations that has been handed down throughout the history of mankind as to the kind of belief systems that best suits our composite definitions of society, the real truth as to origins has been beclouded and it is in this state that modern man has sought to question the very reality of a supreme deity responsible for the design of existence in which we are witness of even as of the present.

The quest to know the ethereal is what God himself has deposited in man. The bible says that He (God) has planted eternity in man's heart. Man cannot know rest until he satisfies his appetite with som higher powers. That is how man has been wired. The fact that you dream and see funny things while sleeping should tell you that there is more to life than meets the eyes. How else, once asleep ordinarily, you should be blank - but that is not the case as we have revelations in sleep. This is spiritual. Science can only tesselate the idea of dreams/visions.

ajadrage:
In some ways, I quite understand the mindset of the atheist and I have been priviledged to have intelligent conversation with a few and I dare say that some of these guys are more spiritually enlightened than most who claim to be devout adherents of the many world religions.

I beg to differ. May be someone can tell me the correct definition of an atheist. Where does the spiritual come in for an atheist?

ajadrage:
It is my belief that deep down in the mind of the average atheist is still that one great yearning that the real truth as to the mystery of our existence be laid bare and open for all to grasp and understand and not to be shrouded in some secrecy and mystery as is the present practice of world religions.

I hope yu are not referring to Catholicism here. They are th ones deeply rooted in secrecy.The Christ of the Gospel had no secrets. He blew them out in the open! So, a normal Pentecostal church today which is founded on the bible would tell you evrything and hide nothing from you. With their two (2) hour service, you would have known whether they err or not.

ajadrage:
The founders of most (if not all) of the worlds major religions might have had some sort of communication and relationship with some supreme spiritual entity, but their surviving followers have done a hash of a job in the dissemination of the message of their masters.

While this is corect, it implies that we therefor need to be able to se things for ourselves when w study the various texts held in high regards by the various religions. In them, we should expct to see the original intentions of the various founders. We should see their lifestyles, speeches, IQs, morals, judgement on day-today issues, and also their assurance of salvation. If what ths brings out is bad news and serious contraditions after a thorough study, we should renege and run for our dear lives.

It is not enough reason to stay aloof! All you need do is take them, disect them, prayerfully seek divine guidance and not make harsh decisions basd on your own meagre k-base.

ajadrage:
I for one know that were Jesus to be alive today, the entirety of Christiandom would be strangers to him. Same might apply to other religions as atheism is a rebellion against all established faith based belief systems irrespective of type or denomination.

I beg to differ here again especially with the words in bold. Jesus tells by His Spirit and His Words where you err till today. He is not passive, he is very much active than he was when he was on the earth as a man. So, what he said we should do, we practice.

ajadrage:
The atheist I do not begrudge, the teaching of religion and it's twisting of divine truths and it's close association with the nations, now that I will not condone. I only hope that those who claim atheism would in time with the impartial and unbiased knowledge gained from study and research (and not the blind atheism that has no basis in arguement and sense), most of these guys will come to the realisation that no matter your religious affiliations, the God Jehovah still answers questions. And one day all your questions shall be answered.

AMEN! grin
Re: The Impending Global End To Religion by KAG: 2:05pm On Oct 19, 2007
cgift:

More often than not, those who come to this conclusion do not have morals. They only do so in ordr to justify their fleshly and carnal lusts andfree themselves of all encumberances.

Strangely enough, most of the hedonists and highly immoral people have been and are theists; but don't let things like that get in the way of your dubious view on most atheists.

They don't want to be mind-troubled concerning their wayward lives. Others who do not belong to this category only try to reason out God whereas they cannot answer so many qustions about themselves.

LoL. Of course. Your false dichotomy tells me you haven't met any atheists.

The quest to know the ethereal is what God himself has deposited in man. The bible says that He (God) has planted eternity in man's heart. Man cannot know rest until he satisfies his appetite with som higher powers. That is how man has been wired.

Is it? What about cultures that clearly have no concept of Gods? Are they just not wired properly? And people that are at rest with themselves without resorting to higher powers (and, do not be deceived, there are many)? Are they not human?

The fact that you dream and see funny things while sleeping should tell you that there is more to life than meets the eyes.

Yes.

How else, once asleep ordinarily, you should be blank -

Why?

but that is not the case as we have revelations in sleep. This is spiritual. Science can only tesselate the idea of dreams/visions.

How is it spiritual? What do you mean by spiritual? Do other animals who dream share our fondness for the spiritual?

I beg to differ. May be someone can tell me the correct definition of an atheist. Where does the spiritual come in for an atheist?

Atheist: a person that doesn't believe Gods exist. Atheistic Buddhists are spiritual. That's one example.
Re: The Impending Global End To Religion by cgift(m): 3:04pm On Oct 19, 2007
KAG:
Strangely enough, most of the hedonists and highly immoral people have been and are theists; but don't let things like that get in the way of your dubious view on most atheists.

OK.

KAG:
Is it? What about cultures that clearly have no concept of Gods? Are they just not wired properly? And people that are at rest with themselves without resorting to higher powers (and, do not be deceived, there are many)? Are they not human?

List some names and lets look at them individually. Mind you anyways that it is an individual thing. Any human longs for the ethereal. They may deny it but it is in their subconcious.

KAG:
How is it spiritual? What do you mean by spiritual? Do other animals who dream share our fondness for the spiritual?

I dont understand your assertion of animal dreams.

KAG:
Why?

Why should you not be blank when sleeping?
Re: The Impending Global End To Religion by KAG: 6:53pm On Oct 19, 2007
cgift:

OK.

List some names and lets look at them individually. Mind you anyways that it is an individual thing.

As soon as I can think of a famous apathist, extreme nihilist or existentialist I'll let you know.

On secod thoughts, I wonder, would Camus qualify? From the little I know of him, he seemed more interested in the here and now than the pursuit of spirituality (although, IIRC, he was looking at/researching(?) Buddhism before his death).

By the way, I'm assuming you already took the mentally challenged into account,yes?

Any human longs for the ethereal. They may deny it but it is in their subconcious.

You know what's in every human's subconscious how?

I don't understand your assertion of animal dreams.

Humans aren't the only animals that dream. So, are the dreams of animals also spiritual? To what end and how so?

Why should you not be blank when sleeping?

Why should we?
Re: The Impending Global End To Religion by ajadrage: 10:23am On Dec 04, 2007
Modern religion is confused, the very tenets of the many world religions are a cacophony of confused clatter. It is a sad report that after many thousands of years of claiming adherence to religious practices, the goal which religion should aim at which is true worship, global peace and the wellbeing of the entirety of mankind has been far from achieved. Rather, the status quo is the direct opposite
Re: The Impending Global End To Religion by ajadrage: 10:10pm On Dec 15, 2007
It is highly dissapointing observing another year where the revered men of God who are very many these days allow their "sheep" to be misled into thinking that it's okay revelling and participating in the christmas celebrations, another creation of false religion. Most of these guys would not even tell their members that Christ wasn't actually born on that day as a majority of those who manage to church christmas morning might actually believe that they were celebrating on the very day of Christ's birth over two millenia ago

I still await the day that tradition would cease to exist in the true worship of Jehovah, hopefully that day should not be too far off now

(1) (Reply)

The Catholic Doctrine, Original Sin And Evolution / Make An Educated Guess - How Many Christians In Nigeria 300 Years Ago? / When Should A Born Again Christian Be Baptised?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.