Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,641 members, 7,801,867 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

We Have Strong Links With Al Qaeda - Boko Haram. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Have Strong Links With Al Qaeda - Boko Haram. (10669 Views)

Explain Your Links With Jega- PDP Challenges APC. / Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) / MEND Denies Any Links With APC, Restates Support For Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Have Strong Links With Al Qaeda - Boko Haram. by werepeLeri: 1:15pm On Jan 29, 2012
The Boko Haram sect has confirmed that it has been receiving funding and training from Al-Qaeda just as Cameroon is said to have stationed a battalion of soldiers at the nation’s northern borders with Nigeria to prevent the group’s activities from spilling over to that country.

A Cameroonian military source who confirmed the concerns of his country to the Sunday Tribune also disclosed that a recent attempt by 25 itinerant arabic teachers to cross into Cameroon was blocked by that country. “ We stone- walled them,” the source said while adding that the Cameroonian military is on red alert along the border with Nigeria.

This came just as Boko Haram confirmed to a London newspaper yesterday that it had been receiving funding and logistic supports from groups outside the country.

The Guardian of London yesterday published an exclusive interview with Boko Haram spokesman, Abu Qaqa in which he confirmed that the group’s leaders met with the Al Qaida in Saudi Arabia last August where they cemented the group’s financial and logistics base.

Qaqa, whose name is a pseudonym, said the group’s members were spiritual followers of al-Qaida, and claimed they had met senior figures in the network founded by Osama bin Laden during visits to Saudia Arabia.

Qaqa said the group’s leader, Shekau and others had travelled to Saudi Arabia for training and funding. “Al-Qaida are our elder brothers. During the lesser Hajj [last August], our leader travelled to Saudi Arabia and met al-Qaida there. We enjoy financial and technical support from them. Anything we want from them we ask them.”

Qaqa disclosed that recruits from neighbouring Chad, Cameroon and Niger had joined the group. A recent UN report said weapons from Libya may have been smuggled to Boko Haram and al-Qaida in the Islamic Maghreb via Chad, Niger and Nigeria.

He added that his group which has killed almost 1,000 people in Nigeria, will continue its campaign of violence until the country is ruled by sharia law.

“We will consider negotiation only when we have brought the government to their knees,” Qaqa said in the group’s first major interview with a western newspaper.

“Once we see that things are being done according to the dictates of Allah, and our members are released [from prison], we will only put aside our arms – but we will not lay them down. You don’t put down your arms in Islam, you only put them aside.”

The interview came a week after Boko Haram claimed responsibility for Nigeria’s single deadliest terrorist attack, which killed 186 people in the northern city of Kano.

The Guardian of London said it was able to contact Abu Qaqa through an intermediary from the group’s home state. The go-between has been in contact with the group since its inception, and met with its founder, Mohammed Yusuf, several times before he was killed in 2009. For most of the interview he used a voice modulator, but local journalists confirmed that his undisguised voice matched recordings of previous interviews.

Security officials and diplomats in Abuja said they had no evidence of a link with al-Qaida in Saudi Arabia, but an official confirmed that “elements of Boko Haram have made contact with external groups”. The extent and frequency of that contact was unknown, the official said.

In the decade since it first appeared, Boko Haram has graduated from crude driveby attacks on beer parlours to bombing security buildings in the northern Muslim heartland. Its most audacious attack targeted the United Nations building in the capital, Abuja, killing 25 in August. In recent weeks, Christians institutions have increasingly come under fire. A Christmas Day bomb attack on a packed church just outside the capital claimed almost 40 lives.

But Qaqa said the rights of the country’s 70 million Christians, who represent half of Nigeria’s population, “would be protected” under the group’s envisioned Islamic state. “Even the prophet Mohammed lived with non-Muslims and he gave them their dues.” But he said everyone must abide by sharia law: “There are no exceptions. Even if you are a Muslim and you don’t abide by sharia, we will kill you. Even if you are my own father, we will kill you.”

Speaking fluent but non-native Hausa, the lingua franca across the Sahelian belt on the cusp of the Sahara desert, he said: “It’s the secular state that is responsible for the woes we are seeing today. People should understand that we are not saying we have to rule Nigeria, but we have been motivated by the stark injustice in the land. People underrate us but we have our sights set on [bringing sharia to] the whole world, not just Nigeria.”

Sharia law is already in place across 12 states in the Muslim-majority north. Few believe the group’s radical ideology has traction in Nigeria’s mainly Christian south, which is also home to millions of Muslims and has so far been out of the group’s reach.

Raising his voice for the only time during the interview, Qaqa denied reports that some governors in northern Nigeria paid the group monthly allowances in exchange for immunity from attacks. “May God punish anyone that said so,” he said, before adding that the group has popular support in the north.

“Poor people are tired of the injustice, people are crying for saviours and they know the messiahs are Boko Haram.

“People were singing songs in [northern cities] Kano and Kaduna saying: ‘We want Boko Haram’,” Qaqa said, describing how the group can blend into the communities in which it operates.

“If the masses don’t like us they would have exposed us by now. When Islam comes everyone would be happy,” he said.

Diplomats say Nigeria’s security services are belatedly attempting to gain control of the situation, which was previously dismissed as an internal, northern squabble often fuelled by politicians with personal grievances.

“There is an ongoing review of all security agencies,” the presidential aide Ken Wiwa said.

“This is a relatively new phenomenon in Nigeria and the administration is working hard to improve its capacity to respond. There are various other initiatives which will be implemented but this is as much a political as a security issue.”

An official said Nigeria’s central bank was involved in measures aimed at strangling the group’s external funding sources, including speeding up a cashless economy.

In an audio message posted on YouTube on Friday, the group’s current leader, Abubakar Shekau, threatened to bomb schools and kidnap family members of government officials.

“If [security forces] are going to places of worship and destroying them, like mosques and Quranic schools, you have primary schools as well, you have secondary schools and universities, and we will start bombing them.”

Shekau rejected calls for a negotiated peace from President Goodluck Jonathan, who on Thursday called for the shadowy sect to step out of the shadows and engage in dialogue.

Nigerian officials have voiced hopes for a negotiated settlement with “moderate elements” of the group.

“Under the circumstances, if you look hard enough, you can find moderate elements you can communicate with,” General Andrew Azazi, the National Security Adviser to the president, told the Wall Street Journal on Friday.

Western diplomats say Boko Haram has splintered and the hardliners leading the factions responsible for the wave of violence that has killed some 250 people this year appear to have rejected any suggestion of dialogue.

http://tribune.com.ng/sun/front-page-articles/6254-boko-haram-confirms-al-qaeda-link-as-cameroun-stations-soldiers-at-nigerias-borders
Re: We Have Strong Links With Al Qaeda - Boko Haram. by amaham(m): 1:29pm On Jan 29, 2012
We brought this to ourselves! The contact with al-queda was made durin pilgrimage to holyland. I think govt should stop sponsoring all these annual cruises to mecca and jerusalem. Who knows if he was among those sponsored by govt 4 hajj and as others are climbing mountains and touching the black stone he was busy licking the butt of his al-quida mentors
Re: We Have Strong Links With Al Qaeda - Boko Haram. by Beaf: 1:38pm On Jan 29, 2012
Speaking fluent but non-native Hausa, the lingua franca across the Sahelian belt on the cusp of the Sahara desert, he said: “It’s the secular state that is responsible for the woes we are seeing today. People should understand that we are not saying we have to rule Nigeria, but we have been motivated by the stark injustice in the land. People underrate us but we have our sights set on [bringing sharia to] the whole world, not just Nigeria.”

The bolded is the reason why Northern Nigeria is likely to become an international battle field in the near future.
Re: We Have Strong Links With Al Qaeda - Boko Haram. by Acidosis(m): 2:16pm On Jan 29, 2012
NA LIE ! ! ! F.UCKING EDIOTS, WHICH KAIN AL QAEDA. NA LOCAL NORTHERN LEADERS AND POLITICIANS
Re: We Have Strong Links With Al Qaeda - Boko Haram. by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jan 29, 2012
I am not sure Boko Haram and co , can indeed succeed in spreading Sharia around the whole world.

They have failed woefully time and time again in past centuries and which culminated with the fall of the Ottoman empire in 1924.

Do they want yet another Humiliation undecided

Never going to happen. grin

All they will do is keep spreading terror till the world finally has enough one day and takes them out.

When that happens, we will say alas, good riddance to a violent and intolerant radical ideology.
Re: We Have Strong Links With Al Qaeda - Boko Haram. by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jan 29, 2012
GEJ pls do away wit d north b4 dis ugly trend go out of ur control! Infact its already out of ur control. Just let dem go. They r muslims, and u r nt, they seek to be governed by their muslim laws, which u dnt want to be a part of, let them go in peace plssssssssss GEJ pls! We r nt benefitin anytin from them! Infact 9ja population is too much! Share d damn country pls! Allow dem! Let dem! Leave dem d hell alone! Wetin dey do dis GEJ sef! Shioooooooo
Re: We Have Strong Links With Al Qaeda - Boko Haram. by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jan 29, 2012
Boyloaf:

GEJ pls do away wit d north b4 dis ugly trend go out of ur control! Infact its already out of ur control. Just let dem go. They r muslims, and u r nt, they seek to be governed by their muslim laws, which u dnt want to be a part of, let them go in peace plssssssssss GEJ pls! We r nt benefitin anytin from them! Infact 9ja population is too much! Share d damn country pls! Allow dem! Let dem! Leave dem d hell alone! Wetin dey do dis GEJ sef! Shioooooooo

If I had made the bolded comment  ,  those conspiracy bigots would be on my case  grin grin

But it is true.

In true ISLAM , an infidel ruling over you is an abomination , since ISLAM is indeed supreme.

Many here , rather than see the truth for what it is, keep beating around the bush with silly so called intellectual ideas.
Re: We Have Strong Links With Al Qaeda - Boko Haram. by Abagworo(m): 2:42pm On Jan 29, 2012
Everything still boils down to what I wrote 2 years ago. Boko Haram is now an international organisation aided by our neighbouring countries.
Re: We Have Strong Links With Al Qaeda - Boko Haram. by werepeLeri: 4:03pm On Jan 29, 2012
Boyloaf:

You must be joking!

frosbel:

If I had made the bolded comment  ,  those conspiracy bigots would be on my case  grin grin

But it is true.

In true ISLAM , an infidel ruling over you is an abomination , since ISLAM is indeed supreme.

Many here , rather than see the truth for what it is, keep beating around the bush with silly so called intellectual ideas.

Islam is supreme over what? And who made it supreme! Bu ll s hit. That's exactly the reason why people go killing other people in the name of ISLAM is supreme. Whoever doesn't believe or toe your line of religion should simply be killed.
Re: We Have Strong Links With Al Qaeda - Boko Haram. by ektbear: 4:12pm On Jan 29, 2012
werepeLeri:

“People were singing songs in [northern cities] Kano and Kaduna saying: ‘We want Boko Haram’,” Qaqa said, describing how the group can blend into the communities in which it operates.

"If the masses don’t like us they would have exposed us by now. When Islam comes everyone would be happy,” he said.
Re: We Have Strong Links With Al Qaeda - Boko Haram. by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jan 29, 2012
I've told you guys many times Al-Qaeda is a creation of the CIA. Alqaeda in Libya AQIM is funded by the CIA and AQIM funds Boko haram. this is not the ranting of a mad woman!
Re: We Have Strong Links With Al Qaeda - Boko Haram. by antartica(m): 4:39pm On Jan 29, 2012
Are u really a lady diluminati or just what u want us to believe? U sound more like a HE radical with hidden northern agendas. Although, there some truth in ur words sometimes but always with underlying bias tunes.
Re: We Have Strong Links With Al Qaeda - Boko Haram. by daroz(m): 5:47pm On Jan 29, 2012
werepeLeri:

The Boko Haram sect has confirmed that

[size=16pt]You don’t put down your arms in Islam, you only put them aside[/size].”

the rights of the country’s 70 million Christians, who represent half of Nigeria’s population, “would be protected” under the group’s envisioned Islamic state. “Even the prophet Mohammed lived with non-Muslims and he gave them their dues.” But he said everyone must abide by sharia law: “There are no exceptions. Even if you are a Muslim and you don’t abide by sharia, we will kill you. Even if you are my own father, we will kill you.

[size=16pt]If the masses don’t like us they would have exposed us by now[/size].

you have primary schools as well, you have secondary schools and universities, and we will start bombing them.

http://tribune.com.ng/sun/front-page-articles/6254-boko-haram-confirms-al-qaeda-link-as-cameroun-stations-soldiers-at-nigerias-borders

My conclusion is this,  this boko guy is foolishly devilish. But he should bear it in mind that even Osama Bin ladin himself was still brought down, talkless of him, a minor pupet. But we really need the cooperation of the northern muslims/ residents to bring down this group, if not a divided Nigeria is inevitable.
Re: We Have Strong Links With Al Qaeda - Boko Haram. by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jan 29, 2012
antartica:

Are u really a lady diluminati or just what u want us to believe? U sound more like a HE radical with hidden northern agendas. Although, there some truth in ur words sometimes but always with underlying bias tunes.

i dont care what you believe but i do want you to believe in me. I'm giving out this information behind a blackwall proxy, so i'm doing you a favor with sensitive info like this. Well its not for everyone to consume, if you want to believe me, go back to WTC 9/11 and the failed 1993 WTC bombings, the precursor to these terrorist events worldwide.
Re: We Have Strong Links With Al Qaeda - Boko Haram. by daroz(m): 6:13pm On Jan 29, 2012
diluminati:

I've told you guys many times Al-Qaeda is a creation of the CIA. Alqaeda in Libya AQIM is funded by the CIA and AQIM funds Boko haram. this is not the ranting of a mad woman!

Assuming what u are saying is true, then it means muslims around the world are very foolish for allowing themselves to be used by the so called CIA to rubbish their so cherished religion. But however, that theory that you and your likes always try to propagate in this forum looks implausibly outrageous. So discard it fast.
Re: We Have Strong Links With Al Qaeda - Boko Haram. by Demdem(m): 6:15pm On Jan 29, 2012
Am still not completely convinced that al-qaida has something to do with these killers at least for now but one thing I can confidently say is PDP do have very strong ties with them. That has been confirmed.
Re: We Have Strong Links With Al Qaeda - Boko Haram. by werepeLeri: 6:25pm On Jan 29, 2012
I like people who make un substantiated statements.
Re: We Have Strong Links With Al Qaeda - Boko Haram. by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jan 29, 2012
crazy?
Re: We Have Strong Links With Al Qaeda - Boko Haram. by NegroNtns(m): 6:46pm On Jan 29, 2012

Frosbel, what is the Islamic definition of an infidel? How is it defined in the Quran?
Re: We Have Strong Links With Al Qaeda - Boko Haram. by Beaf: 7:04pm On Jan 29, 2012
diluminati:

i dont care what you believe but i do want you to believe in me. I'm giving out this information behind a blackwall proxy, so i'm doing you a favor with sensitive info [/b]like this. Well its not for everyone to consume, if you want to believe me, [b]go back to WTC 9/11 and the failed 1993 WTC bombings, the precursor to these terrorist events worldwide.

You are really silly, my dear.
Ask any IT pro and they will tell you that proxies cannot hide you.

Secondly, the "info" you are spreading isn't sensitive. No love, its full on loony shiit influenced by excessive weed or ogogoro injestion.
I can just imagine you hiding in terror from your own shadow. Seek the doctors advice, ma.
Re: We Have Strong Links With Al Qaeda - Boko Haram. by Acidosis(m): 7:41pm On Jan 29, 2012
diluminati:

ofcourse a mad woman would never know shes mad.
You are a boko-haramist sent to nairaland to confuse Nigeria.
An average Nigerian knows the whole truth.
Abi na CIA still dey sponsor Nigeria-northern politician? ?
Re: We Have Strong Links With Al Qaeda - Boko Haram. by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jan 29, 2012
Hmmm ediots at my trail. Fools still in the dark, they think they know too much.
Well i leave y'all to your slumber, and between this is the last time you will insult me @beaf and who the 4ck is this hypocrite @acidosis. them born you well? Please mind your manners. I'm an Amazon, just to warn you! Be mindful of your next post.
Re: We Have Strong Links With Al Qaeda - Boko Haram. by Acidosis(m): 9:10pm On Jan 29, 2012
woe unto you! you naughty e-warrior
Re: We Have Strong Links With Al Qaeda - Boko Haram. by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jan 29, 2012
ok
Re: We Have Strong Links With Al Qaeda - Boko Haram. by AfroBlue(m): 9:39pm On Jan 29, 2012
[img]http://api.ning.com/files/mvqrPgmpEpSXFYthGGxBYlx5HPyfbVGuwW5awpPBh3MU*PFzD6W-M3z-Z9KNt538BctGoHkznu6LS5t-0TskFqV4uT2aXDyy/AlCIAdaTIMEpersonoftheyear.png?width=388&height=600[/img]
Re: We Have Strong Links With Al Qaeda - Boko Haram. by Beaf: 9:41pm On Jan 29, 2012
diluminati:

Hmmm ediots at my trail. Fools still in the dark, they think they know too much.
Well i leave y'all to your slumber, and between this is the last time you will insult me @beaf and who the 4ck is this hypocrite @acidosis. them born you well? Please mind your manners. I'm an Amazon, just to warn you! Be mindful of your next post.

A picture says a thousand words:

[img]http://mouthswiredshut.files./2008/12/psychedelic-mushroom.gif?w=420[/img]

grin grin grin
Re: We Have Strong Links With Al Qaeda - Boko Haram. by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jan 29, 2012
is this supposed to be news?
Re: We Have Strong Links With Al Qaeda - Boko Haram. by Demdem(m): 10:42pm On Jan 29, 2012
I detest ccock suckers especially from the killer party pdp. They are as ffoolish like their master the retardeen.
Re: We Have Strong Links With Al Qaeda - Boko Haram. by Mobinga: 10:09am On Jan 30, 2012
BS. Your sponsorship is solely within Nigeria.
Re: We Have Strong Links With Al Qaeda - Boko Haram. by freecocoa(f): 10:18am On Jan 30, 2012
Al Quaeda Ko Osama bin laden ni,mscheeew useless people.
Re: We Have Strong Links With Al Qaeda - Boko Haram. by born2boink(m): 10:23am On Jan 30, 2012
Acidosis:

NA LIE ! ! ! F.UCKING EDIOTS, WHICH KAIN AL QAEDA. NA LOCAL NORTHERN LEADERS AND POLITICIANS
What make boko haram differents from Qaeda, they all poses same characters and qualities
Re: We Have Strong Links With Al Qaeda - Boko Haram. by Nobody: 10:28am On Jan 30, 2012
Lybia arms finds its way through failed states like Chad and Niger into Nigeria and ends up in the hands of mallams. Let them decimate their population and their homes to Somalia.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Economy Is Bright – Lai Mohammed / Okorocha Visits House Of Representatives, Pictured With Dogara (photo) / Crude Oil: NNPC Account In Red As Petrol Landing Cost Nears N180/litre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.