Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,872 members, 7,802,807 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

Fresh Battle In Kano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fresh Battle In Kano (6956 Views)

Troops Kill Boko Haram Fighters During Battle In Babangida; Yobe (Graphic Pic) / Pictures From The Battle In Baga Against Boko Haram / Fresh Battle In Kano •boko Haram Attack, Burn Police Station (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fresh Battle In Kano by ps5(m): 1:23am On Jan 30, 2012
Gunmen attacked another police station yesterday in the flashpoint city of Kano, sparking a shootout with police and causing pandemonium, witnesses and police said. The shootout occurred in Zaria Road axis of the state. The attack followed the January 20 attacks by the Islamist group Boko Haram that killed 185 people in the city and after a string of recent threats of more violence from the group.

The bitter confrontation started at about 6.45pm at a police station in Naibawa area, after the sect members launched an attack.
The police station was on fire as at the time of filing this report. Soldiers were seen moving to the scene of the incident. Residents of the affected area have all run into quarters and homes to avoid being caught in the crossfire.

“A large number of gunmen stormed the area at prayer time and opened fire on the police station,” local resident Kabiru Maikatako told AFP. The police fired back and a shoot-out has been going on for the past 30 minutes,” he added.“I am now trapped in my (timber) shed. It is shooting all around and the whole area has been deserted. Only the police and the attackers are shooting at one another.”

Kano State Police Commissionner Ibrahim Idris confirmed the attack.“I am aware of the attack on the Naibawa police station,” he said. The commissioner confirmed to reporters that part of the police station was burnt.

He said no policeman died in the attack, adding that the security agents succeeded in repelling the sect members.
However, Idris said a civilian was shot dead by the sect members as they were retreating.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2012/jan/30/national-30-01-2012-001.html
Re: Fresh Battle In Kano by nanidee(f): 2:00am On Jan 30, 2012
Omg! Not again.

What is wrong with these blood-suckers. Havent tĦey had enough innocent blood to drink.

This has really gotten out of hand!
Re: Fresh Battle In Kano by samguru(m): 2:16am On Jan 30, 2012
Are these sects stronger than police?
Re: Fresh Battle In Kano by nanidee(f): 2:29am On Jan 30, 2012
^^I really wonder. I still don't understand why the police is only able to 'repel' them.

I don't get how these people would attack police stations, and retreat when tĦey feel like, without the police being able to 'deal decisively with them'.

I used to suspect that tĦey had superior ammunitions, but since this was refuted by the new IG, Iτ̅ just goes to show the extent to which these police men are lacking in training.
Their only areas of expertise are in harrassing innocent people and collecting N50 bribe from motorists.

Smh!
Re: Fresh Battle In Kano by TippyTop(m): 2:33am On Jan 30, 2012
You would think after what happened, the City would be under "lockdown".
Re: Fresh Battle In Kano by nanidee(f): 2:36am On Jan 30, 2012
Exactly!

TĦey are just a bunch of clowns. Mtcheww!
Re: Fresh Battle In Kano by dejust(m): 5:43am On Jan 30, 2012
All I will say is continue to pray.
Re: Fresh Battle In Kano by okosodo: 8:09am On Jan 30, 2012
Change the topic to “ northern police team up with northern mallams to kill civilians “.
Re: Fresh Battle In Kano by Nobody: 8:11am On Jan 30, 2012
Ohhh Lawd angry
Re: Fresh Battle In Kano by worm(f): 10:14am On Jan 30, 2012
Police + army engaged this bastards and succeeded only in 'repelling' them? shocked
Re: Fresh Battle In Kano by Acidosis(m): 10:19am On Jan 30, 2012
as long as the christians are not dying, let the killing continue
Re: Fresh Battle In Kano by Osama10(m): 10:19am On Jan 30, 2012
Boko Boko una welldone.
Re: Fresh Battle In Kano by freecocoa(f): 10:23am On Jan 30, 2012
So people are still even in kano sef,hmm.

Acidosis:

For your mind you are a living human being o,smh what a pity.
Re: Fresh Battle In Kano by cap28: 10:29am On Jan 30, 2012
Acidosis:

shame on you
Re: Fresh Battle In Kano by humblebee: 10:30am On Jan 30, 2012
ps 5:

Gunmen attacked another police station yesterday in the flashpoint city of Kano, sparking a shootout with police and causing pandemonium, witnesses and police said. The shootout occurred in Zaria Road axis of the state. The attack followed the January 20 attacks by the Islamist group Boko Haram that killed 185 people in the city and after a string of recent threats of more violence from the group.

The bitter confrontation started at about 6.45pm at a police station in Naibawa area, after the sect members launched an attack.
The police station was on fire as at the time of filing this report. Soldiers were seen moving to the scene of the incident. Residents of the affected area have all run into quarters and homes to avoid being caught in the crossfire.

“A large number of gunmen stormed the area[b] at prayer time [/b]and opened fire on the police station,” local resident Kabiru Maikatako told AFP. The police fired back and a shoot-out has been going on for the past 30 minutes,” he added.“I am now trapped in my (timber) shed. It is shooting all around and the whole area has been deserted. Only the police and the attackers are shooting at one another.”

Kano State Police Commissionner Ibrahim Idris confirmed the attack.“I am aware of the attack on the Naibawa police station,” he said. The commissioner confirmed to reporters that part of the police station was burnt.

He said no policeman died in the attack, adding that the security agents succeeded in repelling the sect members.
However, Idris said a civilian was shot dead by the sect members as they were retreating.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2012/jan/30/national-30-01-2012-001.html

so they abandoned prayers to suck blood
what a way to offer prayers, BAZTARDS
Re: Fresh Battle In Kano by Acidosis(m): 10:30am On Jan 30, 2012
freecocoa:

wetin i go do na? since killing and bombing na the surest way of entering their paradise. Tell me, is there any reason for them still existing? let them die, then we can re-structure a new map for my dear country.
Re: Fresh Battle In Kano by born2boink(m): 10:32am On Jan 30, 2012
If government have been educating this HAUSA people by force, their common sense would tell them they are BIGGEST fool, their political leaders sit at home and sending them to be bombing themselves. GEJ will remain this president, I know their mission is to impose another Hausa president  which will never work,they have rule for years already,why would they not let GEJ rule peacefully, if something happen to GEJ, Yoruba will join the Ibo people to fight them bitches , GEJ must finish his term if Nigeria don't break
Re: Fresh Battle In Kano by Nobody: 10:34am On Jan 30, 2012
A policeman fights with sane mind to stay alife, a terrorist fights with drugs and is ready to die for 70 virgins, its a dilemma of sort.
Re: Fresh Battle In Kano by ssjalo(m): 11:09am On Jan 30, 2012
god in you alone we trust.
Re: Fresh Battle In Kano by queensmith: 11:14am On Jan 30, 2012
We're not ready for all this. they should have been rounded up and executed. What kind of nonsense opening gun fire at prayer times. Its becoming beyond ridiculous.
This political mayhem needs to stop!
Re: Fresh Battle In Kano by Acidosis(m): 11:22am On Jan 30, 2012
cap28:

shame on you
Why ? Because I said you people should keep killing yourselves? ?
You are a nit-wit
Re: Fresh Battle In Kano by kunlej2: 11:25am On Jan 30, 2012
i think to end the casualty of innocent citizens, BH and The Police should open up a battlefield off town.
Police always claim they killed BH without prove of weapon on them
Re: Fresh Battle In Kano by GWslim(f): 11:27am On Jan 30, 2012
These are Boko Haram members not gunmen.
Re: Fresh Battle In Kano by Abujabir24: 12:01pm On Jan 30, 2012
The bh members are just after security opertives. because during the kano attacks, when they meet civilians, they you want to join us, if the reply is yes then they join them but if its no, they will let you free and even give you transport fare to go back to your destination.

I have a video i would like to post here for everyone to watch. pls can anybody tell me how to post a video here? I would really appreciate it. thanks
Re: Fresh Battle In Kano by LogicMind: 12:08pm On Jan 30, 2012
Abujabir24:

The bh members are just after security opertives. because during the kano attacks, when they meet civilians, they you want to join us, if the reply is yes then they join them but if its no, they will let you free and even give you transport fare to go back to your destination.

I have a video i would like to post here for everyone to watch. pls can anybody tell me how to post a video here? I would really appreciate it. thanks

where is the video stored?
Re: Fresh Battle In Kano by Abujabir24: 12:12pm On Jan 30, 2012
Logic Mind:

where is the video stored?

It is stored in my laptop
Re: Fresh Battle In Kano by youngdee168(m): 12:17pm On Jan 30, 2012
Upon d helicopter wey dey fly round kano everyday, papa God na ur hands we dey o.
Re: Fresh Battle In Kano by Funkymallam(m): 12:38pm On Jan 30, 2012
Abujabir24:

Am begining to suspect u, u r always an eye witness where ever they strike. If U r not in Maiduguri, u r in Yobe and nw Kano.

Wc transport fare? Ppl that almost killed my frnd n his brother?
Re: Fresh Battle In Kano by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jan 30, 2012
@funky mallam, lol. @abujabir, da gaske??
Re: Fresh Battle In Kano by DAY12(m): 12:54pm On Jan 30, 2012
So, now where is our place of refuge in dis country?
Re: Fresh Battle In Kano by Tyche(m): 12:56pm On Jan 30, 2012
Abujabir24:

Funkymallam:

Am begining to suspect u, u r always an eye witness where ever they strike. If U r not in Maiduguri, u r in Yobe and nw Kano.

Wc transport fare? Ppl that almost killed my frnd n his brother?
I smell a rat.

kunle_j:

i think to end the casualty of innocent citizens, BH and The Police should open up a battlefield off town.
Police always claim they killed BH without prove of weapon on them
Gbam!

freecocoa:

I can tell you one thing sista, relocation is not that easy for some people up there. It's hard for one not involved to understand.

worm:

Police + army engaged this bastards and succeeded only in 'repelling' them?  shocked

Beats my imagination
Re: Fresh Battle In Kano by Harzan(m): 1:05pm On Jan 30, 2012
Acidosis:

wetin i go do na? since killing and bombing na the surest way of entering their paradise. Tell me, is there any reason for them still existing? let them die, then we can re-structure a new map for my dear country.

Acid or wat do U call Ursef, U are d most Stewpid Human I've ever come across! Useless + Senseless Xtian!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Supporters’ Rented For Jonathan Declaration Protest Non-payment Of Stipend / AMERICA WONDER ; APC Produces A Cyber Cafe Certificate For Buhari. Picture. / Oh My God Check Out What Tinubu Did Not Have In 1999 But He Has Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.