Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

National Sports Commission Allocated N1.2m For A Facebook Account - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / National Sports Commission Allocated N1.2m For A Facebook Account (8235 Views)

Apply To Be A Member Of The Country Of Western Nigeria Sports Commission / Watch Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso Free - National Sports Commission / NSC Facebook Page (Nigerian Sports Commission Press Release) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Sports Commission Allocated N1.2m For A Facebook Account by mukina2: 9:52am On Jan 30, 2012
The Director General of the National Sports Commission, Patrick Ekeji has reportedly been summoned by the House of Representatives over the Commission’s expenditures, including the allocation of N1.2 million for a Facebook account.

In a high profile investigation panel set up by the House of Representatives over allegations of financial misappropriation and abuse of office, Ekeji is expected to explain how the N3.7 billion that was advanced to the Commission for the 10th All Africa Games held in Maputo in 2011 was expended.

He will also defend the spending of N182, 124,179,000 on the rehabilitation the National Stadium in Lagos, and another N117,875,820.95 on the Obafemi Awolowo Stadium (Liberty Stadium) Ibadan.

Ekeji is expected to provide a warrant of approval by President Goodluck Jonathan for him to expend the sum of N350,000,000.00 from the yet to be approved 2012 Budget for the London 2012 Olympic Game.

The Facebook account of the NSC currently has only about 5000 fans.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/nsc-spends-n12m-facebook-account#.TyZT5y6LdJ8.twitter

NSC's Official Response To The Story
Re: National Sports Commission Allocated N1.2m For A Facebook Account by showbobo(m): 9:57am On Jan 30, 2012
Just Cant Stop Loving This Country grin grin grin
Re: National Sports Commission Allocated N1.2m For A Facebook Account by Acidosis(m): 10:05am On Jan 30, 2012
for wetin!? ? na 5G network dem dey use?
Re: National Sports Commission Allocated N1.2m For A Facebook Account by Demdem(m): 10:05am On Jan 30, 2012
I can only shake my head  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: National Sports Commission Allocated N1.2m For A Facebook Account by Nobody: 10:06am On Jan 30, 2012
N1.2m For A Facebook Account

How much for Twitter Account
How much for Youtube Account
How much for Yahoo Account

[img]http://i.imgur.com/UPBvj.gif
[/img]
Re: National Sports Commission Allocated N1.2m For A Facebook Account by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:10am On Jan 30, 2012
You think it is easy for GEJ to bring Facebook to Nigeria grin grin grin grin talkless of having a facebook account for the NSC. una never sabi anything yet
Re: National Sports Commission Allocated N1.2m For A Facebook Account by vanstanzy(m): 10:13am On Jan 30, 2012
mukina2:

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/nsc-spends-n12m-facebook-account#.TyZT5y6LdJ8.twitter
@POSTER
THE WHOLE FRIGIN SYSTEM IS CORRUPT. WHAT DO U EXPECT FROM BLOOD SUCKING LEECHES LIKE THEM? ITS SO DAMN PITIFUL! angry
Re: National Sports Commission Allocated N1.2m For A Facebook Account by Nobody: 10:14am On Jan 30, 2012
i can't just stop laughing grin grin grin grin grin NA NAIJA WE DEY
Re: National Sports Commission Allocated N1.2m For A Facebook Account by Nobody: 10:21am On Jan 30, 2012
Great humour 2 start a monday morning, Naija i hail thee
Re: National Sports Commission Allocated N1.2m For A Facebook Account by 989900: 10:29am On Jan 30, 2012
Facebook account commercial (for ads) needs funding. . . if they honestly are going to do Facebook ads, N1.2m might not be enough for a year($20/day).

Personally, I run 5 Facebook small business accounts for ads and each costs me a $100/month minimum (which I do not even fund on a regular basis).

The questions here though are;

1. Are they running ads? If yes, why and how much for each campaign?

2. Are they employing a staff for management of the alleged Facebook account?

3. What is the N1.2m for? I mean precisely. Opening the account? Maintaining the account? Duration?
Re: National Sports Commission Allocated N1.2m For A Facebook Account by DeepSoul(f): 10:31am On Jan 30, 2012

And this is why corruption is so widespread. It has eaten deep into our veins. When people start getting properly prosecuted because they have done wrong, and not just because of politicking and witch-hunting, then corruption will start being tackled.

Until then, all this one NA WASH! This guy don find person trouble and this is the price he has to pay for it
Re: National Sports Commission Allocated N1.2m For A Facebook Account by Acidosis(m): 10:33am On Jan 30, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

You think it is easy for GEJ to bring Facebook to Nigeria grin grin grin grin talkless of having a facebook account for the NSC. una never sabi anything yet
*falls from a mango tree*
Re: National Sports Commission Allocated N1.2m For A Facebook Account by Dujardin(m): 10:41am On Jan 30, 2012
Na wha o, comedian dey top offices 4 9ja o, The moni worth am sha coz
*Dem go buy facebook apps
*Dem go pay 2 edit the profile
*Dem go pay 4 each post dem make
*Remembr sey Mark Zukerburg get agbero 4 fazbuk.
So dem decide 2 pay dis moni GBAM!!!
Make una 4get dat one, Which moni una say dem chop next? dem get reason!
Re: National Sports Commission Allocated N1.2m For A Facebook Account by Nosyke(m): 10:46am On Jan 30, 2012
Acidosis:

lagerwhenindoubt link=topic=858287.msg10079249#msg10079249 date=1327914617:

*falls from a mango tree*

Falls from an apple tree grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: National Sports Commission Allocated N1.2m For A Facebook Account by emmydee(m): 10:48am On Jan 30, 2012
this is another reason to look at our way of life.
the people in govt are constantly looking for a way to
embezzle public funds.
Re: National Sports Commission Allocated N1.2m For A Facebook Account by emmydee(m): 10:52am On Jan 30, 2012
i just cant stop laughing o.

Where is the FB account sef, lets take a look at it an ''like'' it
so we can monitor activities on d page
Re: National Sports Commission Allocated N1.2m For A Facebook Account by Nosyke(m): 10:53am On Jan 30, 2012
Deep Soul:

And this is why corruption is so widespread. It has eaten deep into our veins. When people start getting properly prosecuted because they have done wrong, and not just because of politicking and witch-hunting, then corruption will start being tackled.

Until then, all this one NA WASH! This guy don find person trouble and this is the price he has to pay for it

With this revelation, one does not need any divine powers to know why our country's football is nosediving steadily.The past year stands to be the most embarassing for our nations's football so far. I'm sure instead of thinking of how to manage the football properly, the officials were busy facebooking in order to recoup the huge investment on facebook.
This year they will need to sign up on YM, Twitter etc
I laugh in facebook
Re: National Sports Commission Allocated N1.2m For A Facebook Account by jmaine: 10:54am On Jan 30, 2012
. . . . . Yeepa
Re: National Sports Commission Allocated N1.2m For A Facebook Account by FBS: 11:04am On Jan 30, 2012
oh well, dont you just love this country?
Re: National Sports Commission Allocated N1.2m For A Facebook Account by talktrue1(m): 11:10am On Jan 30, 2012
The man go think say facebook na bank just like one may say blackberry na fruit
Re: National Sports Commission Allocated N1.2m For A Facebook Account by humblebee: 11:13am On Jan 30, 2012
God will punish deze people ooo, dey really fvcking us hard mehn, wtf
Re: National Sports Commission Allocated N1.2m For A Facebook Account by Yeske2(m): 11:24am On Jan 30, 2012
Somebody tell me it's all a joke.
Re: National Sports Commission Allocated N1.2m For A Facebook Account by Nobody: 11:27am On Jan 30, 2012
It's humor like this that gives me hope that i'll make it in naija. I need to approach these guys on the need to open a youtube account that will cost only N987,654.32k(na so dem dey quote their figures) in order to upload videos of super eagles at atlanta 96.
Re: National Sports Commission Allocated N1.2m For A Facebook Account by damola1: 11:28am On Jan 30, 2012
100k per month?,

Hire someone to manage PR through FACEBOOK, pay ads, this is really not enough?, or you think mark zukerberg became a billionaire by collecting such peanuts!
Re: National Sports Commission Allocated N1.2m For A Facebook Account by honeric01(m): 11:44am On Jan 30, 2012
;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: National Sports Commission Allocated N1.2m For A Facebook Account by maclatunji: 11:49am On Jan 30, 2012
Re: National Sports Commission Allocated N1.2m For A Facebook Account by aieromon(m): 11:50am On Jan 30, 2012
Because you don't pay doesnt mean others don't.Facebook registration is not free for everyone nah.The m0r0n ought to have enmeshed the money as the running of a cybercentre or something.Instead,he believed that Jona was the one that brought Facebook to Nigeria.smh
Re: National Sports Commission Allocated N1.2m For A Facebook Account by executinal(m): 12:20pm On Jan 30, 2012
The Director General of the National Sports Commission, Patrick Ekeji has reportedly been summoned by the House of Representatives over the Commission’s expenditures, including the allocation of N1.2 million for a Facebook account.

In a high profile investigation panel set up by the House of Representatives over allegations of financial misappropriation and abuse of office, Ekeji is expected to explain how the N3.7 billion that was advanced to the Commission for the 10th All Africa Games held in Maputo in 2011 was expended.

He will also defend the spending of N182, 124,179,000 on the rehabilitation the National Stadium in Lagos, and another N117,875,820.95 on the Obafemi Awolowo Stadium (Liberty Stadium) Ibadan.

Ekeji is expected to provide a warrant of approval by President Goodluck Jonathan for him to expend the sum of N350,000,000.00 from the yet to be approved 2012 Budget for the London 2012 Olympic Game.

The Facebook account of the NSC currently has only about[size=20pt] 5000 fans[/size].
[quote][/quote]
So the alert occured due to low level of the fans? grin grin grin grin in other words, if the fans is upto 1.2m fans, they will believe the comission grin grin
Re: National Sports Commission Allocated N1.2m For A Facebook Account by slap1(m): 12:24pm On Jan 30, 2012
Maybe the commission wants to buy Facebook shares.
Re: National Sports Commission Allocated N1.2m For A Facebook Account by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 30, 2012
This Fresh Air dey smell like Shitt
Re: National Sports Commission Allocated N1.2m For A Facebook Account by DeepSoul(f): 12:32pm On Jan 30, 2012

"He will also defend the spending of N182, 124,179,000 on the rehabilitation the National Stadium in Lagos, and another N117,875,820.95 on the Obafemi Awolowo Stadium (Liberty Stadium) Ibadan."

And yet we wonder why we have such crappy stadiums.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

₦50,000.00 What Of Merrybet Pin & Etisalat Data Will Be Shared Among #100#1st C / Which NPFL Team Are You Supporting????!!!! / Blessing Okagbare, The 5th Fastest Woman In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.