Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,799 members, 7,802,562 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:22 PM

Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? (7060 Views)

Never Seen Pictures Of Ojukwu's Burial / Ta Orji Disgraced At Aba During Ojukwu Burial Rites / Ojukwu’s Burial: S’east, S’south To Be Closed Down, As Uwazuruike Blasts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by chmod777: 4:03pm On Jan 30, 2012
[size=20pt]Igbos realy are envied. I can see this for sure. Why do guys on NL always want to intrude in to Igbo affairs, ? ask to know Igbo stance on issues, try to critisize Igbo actions/Igbo experts, they feel >>> complete this for me
Igbo Kwenu
[/size]
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by PointB: 4:05pm On Jan 30, 2012
@Op
Let me oblige you. I have a feeling you are Yoruba. So let me relate to you in the language you will understand:

Were we to live in ancient Yoruba era, Ojukwu will dwarf Sango and Obatala combined. On the account of his impact on the live and course of history of Igboman, nay, Nigerians, he will compete favorably with Oduduwa the son of Lamurudu. Bottom line, if Ojukwu was a Yoruba man of that era he would be a deity and would be worshipped as a god - a god of war and justice! But he wasn't a Yoruba man and indeed Igbo have no culture of heroes worship! So allow us the honour and time to accord the necessary rite of passage to a symbol! His burial in my opinion is under-hyped!
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by freecocoa(f): 4:07pm On Jan 30, 2012
MODS WALAI UNA NO DEY TRY WITH THESE THREADS YOU CREATE JUST FOR TRAFFIC AFTETR NOW UNA GO BAN PERSON,RUBBISH NONSENSE.
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by Kuulnomsy(m): 4:08pm On Jan 30, 2012
dohyn:

Coming to nairaland always leaves a sour taste in my mouth, we are too tribalist in our thinking and replies, it's just sad cos we are the so-called "educated ones",(at least,u can be online and type) and yet,we spew trash online, how do we expect the man on the street to reason if we can reason like this.Nobody bothered to answer the op's questions,or even talk about the issues raised,well maybe marlboro attempted to sha.it's a shame.wondering if d responses would hv been d same if d op were Igbo?
Anyways,@op,I dunno where u are but I can assure u that Nigeria is nt coming to a standstill cos of the late ikemba, maybe the East,but def nt d whole 9ja.He has paid his dues nd so,should be accorded his due respect, I can't comment on the governors ish, I don't knw abt that,
P.s,I knw some peeps will want to take shots at me,pls feel free.

Good one there, but i feel sorry for you cos you have just shown that you are the biggest fool by answering a fool.  tongue tongue tongue(A question that doesn't need an answer)
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by y2kaustin(m): 4:09pm On Jan 30, 2012
RUBBISH!!!!!!!!!!!! next post plssssssssssssssss
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by eghost247(m): 4:10pm On Jan 30, 2012
[size=15pt]another avenue to steal funds please let  them get it over with[/size]
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by dohyn(m): 4:12pm On Jan 30, 2012
Kuulmonsy,thanks for obliging a fool, going by ur premise,I wonder what that makes u.Anyways,like I said,feel free.
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by Valon4ego(m): 4:17pm On Jan 30, 2012
PointB:

@Op
Let me oblige you. I have a feeling you are Yoruba. So let me relate to you in the language you will understand:

Were we to live in ancient Yoruba era, Ojukwu will dwarf Sango and Obatala combined. On the account of his impact on the live and course of history of Igboman, nay, Nigerians, he will compete favorably with Oduduwa the son of Lamurudu. Bottom line, if Ojukwu was a Yoruba man of that era he would be a deity and would be worshipped as a god - a god of war and justice! But he wasn't a Yoruba man and indeed Igbo have no culture of heroes worship! So allow us the honour and time to accord the necessary rite of passage to a symbol! His burial in my opinion is under-hyped!

lol!
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by Valon4ego(m): 4:22pm On Jan 30, 2012
Still waiting for the poster to explain to us how the whole nation is held to a standstill over the burial. Please @don't keep me waiting
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by y2kaustin(m): 4:31pm On Jan 30, 2012
How can the nation be held to a stand still or whatever garbage grammer you use?, for what and for whom?NONSENSE!!!, for a a a a , don't just let me use a very disastrous qualification Ohhh!!, let me just show some respect for the dead.SMH and walk away.
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by Konnektions146(m): 4:39pm On Jan 30, 2012
i guess Nairalanders are getting more and more patient and high understanding level cos i for dey expect hot fight by now on dis thread.

but seriously, i wonder y people create dis kinda thread, whats the motive? OP i ask
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by oderemo(m): 4:41pm On Jan 30, 2012
Were we to live in ancient Yoruba era, Ojukwu will dwarf Sango and Obatala combined
go back and reread your history my frd, your ojukwu was actually a dwarf.
next tym learn to compare lyk with lyk.
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by yemmyma: 4:57pm On Jan 30, 2012
Thank you everyone for your post, of course i did not know there are so many igbo people on this thread coming out to show their anger at my sincere post of governors squandering Nigeria's money.

If you want to know, his burial ceremony is termed: Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola (SAN), Friday hosted the [size=15pt]National[/size] Funeral Committee of the Late Ikemba Nnewi, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, pledging the support of the State Government to the Committee to ensure a befitting burial for the former Military Governor of the defunct Eastern Region.

The bold word says it all for all of you asking if Nigeria is going to a stand still. [size=15pt]The Governor who said the Late Ikemba Nnewi was as much a Lagosian as he was a Nigeria, also pledged to handle directly from his office the logistic challenges that would be posed by transfer flights from Lagos to Enugu for foreign dignitaries transiting to Enugu for the final funeral event of the deceased on February 29, 2012.[/size]

Remember, you people did not come out to fight with us when we were protesting for fuel subsidy. Yet our money and tax will be used to transfer foreign dignitaries to Enugu right?

All of you who just came out to exercise your english prowess just to yab me, you are not [size=28pt]ethnicomentally straight[/size].
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by tatosh: 4:58pm On Jan 30, 2012
I don't see wat d hype is all about as far as I'm concerned Ojukwu was a war criminal and should have died in jail,
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by Chnges(m): 5:09pm On Jan 30, 2012
yemmy_ma:

Thank you everyone for your post, of course i did not know there are so many igbo people on this thread coming out to show their anger at my sincere post of governors squandering Nigeria's money.

If you want to know, his burial ceremony is termed: Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola (SAN), Friday hosted the [size=15pt]National[/size] Funeral Committee of the Late Ikemba Nnewi, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, pledging the support of the State Government to the Committee to ensure a befitting burial for the former Military Governor of the defunct Eastern Region.

The bold word says it all for all of you asking if Nigeria is going to a stand still. [size=15pt]The Governor who said the Late Ikemba Nnewi was as much a Lagosian as he was a Nigeria, also pledged to handle directly from his office the logistic challenges that would be posed by transfer flights from Lagos to Enugu for foreign dignitaries transiting to Enugu for the final funeral event of the deceased on February 29, 2012.[/size]

Remember, you people did not come out to fight with us when we were protesting for fuel subsidy. Yet our money and tax will be used to transfer foreign dignitaries to Enugu right?

All of you who just came out to exercise your english prowess just to yab me, you are not [size=28pt]ethnicomentally straight[/size].
and is that overweighing ur balls?? What d hell were u expecting our response to be lyk??
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by dayokanu(m): 5:10pm On Jan 30, 2012
OP,

If you want to know more about Ojuku, there wouldnt be a better person to say it than his Deputy Effiong

read what a real warlord, Effiong had to say about Ojuku

When Biafra's military resistance collapsed, [size=28pt]Ojukwu fled to Côte d'Ivoire[/size].

Efiong assumed leadership in this situation of turmoil, starvation, and collapse. He became Head of State of Biafra on 8 January 1970 and on 12 January announced surrender.[1]

At the time of the surrender, Efiong believed that the situation was hopeless and that prolonging the conflict would have led only to the further destruction and starvation of the people of Biafra. At that time Effiong said, "I am convinced now that a stop must be put to the bloodshed which is going on as a result of the war. I am also convinced that the suffering of our people must be brought to an immediate end."[1]

Nnaemeka L. Aneke wrote, "General Efiong’s handling of Biafra’s surrender is one of the most tactical and devoted maneuvers ever seen on the Nigerian scene. Those who do not appreciate the depth of it may not have appreciated what was at stake as Biafra capitulated."[2] Many observers had expected wholesale retribution at war's end.
[edit]

Later life

In a 1996 interview, Efiong reflected on those events:

I have no regrets whatsoever of my involvement in Biafra or the role I played. The war deprived me of my property, dignity, my name. Yet, I saved so many souls on both sides and by this, I mean Biafra and Nigeria. . . .

I felt that I played a role which has kept this country united till today. . . .

At the end of it all when I saw they (Biafran soldiers) could no longer continue and [size=28pt]Ojukwu had fled[/size], I did what was ideal after wide consultation . . . [2]

Efiong died 6 November 2003, at the age of 78 less than two weeks before his 79th birthday.
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by Mkpotu(m): 5:11pm On Jan 30, 2012
@Poster, which of them do you want?

Is it that you want to know who Ojukwu is or you want to know if his burial preparation hyped?

But before then, you can visit your google, type Ojukwu, then you can know who he is. However, assuming you are not satisfied, you can still come back
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by Kuulnomsy(m): 5:11pm On Jan 30, 2012
yemmy_ma:

[/quote

sad sad sad sad This is very bad indeed, how could have Fashola of all people done that,  shocked shocked shocked , there's just one thing you can do to remedy the situation,

walk down your ghetto street and embrace a wet TRANSFORMER tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by Valon4ego(m): 5:17pm On Jan 30, 2012
@yemmy did you just say "sincere posts". That's very funny! Trying to paint yourself as an innocent bystander and at the same time pointing fingers and making some accusations. Very very funny!
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by maasoap(m): 5:23pm On Jan 30, 2012
Why are you people so defensive like this? This is a pure preemptive attacks on the @poster for making a non-hurting statement. I can see that Nairaland has not been fair to Igbos. E pele o.
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by yemmyma: 5:25pm On Jan 30, 2012
Valon4ego:

@yemmy did you just say "sincere posts". That's very funny! Trying to paint yourself as an innocent bystander and at the same time pointing fingers and making some accusations. Very very funny!

Well did you not see the title of my post? Whatelse do you want me to state?
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by success4(m): 5:31pm On Jan 30, 2012
DayoKanu: I feel your post! cool
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by Chnges(m): 5:33pm On Jan 30, 2012
yemmy_ma:

Well did you not see the title of my post? Whatelse do you want me to state?
what's hard in using " Igbos plan a befeating burial for late.Ojukwu"?
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by Mkpotu(m): 5:34pm On Jan 30, 2012
@Yemmy,

small boy!
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by yemmyma: 5:39pm On Jan 30, 2012
Mkpotu:

@Poster, which of them do you want?

Is it that you want to know who Ojukwu is or you want to know if his burial preparation hyped?

Did you not read my first post about governors squandering money and Did you not see what i said about why his burial should not be hyped?
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by Valon4ego(m): 5:47pm On Jan 30, 2012
yemmy_ma:

Did you not read my first post about governors squandering money and Did you not see what i said about why his burial should not be hyped?
you see what i'm talking about!
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jan 30, 2012
Sincerely, I'm dissapointed with the moderators of this section. You guys encourage bigotry in it's highest form. If i posted an artcle on the sarduana or awolowo it would be deleted. But anything against Igbos goes to the front page.  SHAME ON THE MODS. The President has been insulted on this forum and you encourage it directly on indirectly, but when someone's parents are insulted, you ban the person. Is the President not someone's father.SHAME ON THE MODS.[/color][/color][/color]
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by OneNaira6: 6:03pm On Jan 30, 2012
yemmy_ma:

grin grin grin grin grin This was your intention after all, see pain. Did an Igbo ask the Lagos governor to do anything in terms of Ojukwu? Rather than you facing your governor, you decided to drag us, whom did not even ask for his help, into it. Abeg jor, if you have problem with the governor contributing small or theiving una money then go talk to him rather than be a coward and disturbing us.  ***Oya ndi-igbo, back to Ojukwu burial preparation****. If its hurting non-igbo so much, let them go hug a transformer.

A common man will know this was a political movement on the Lagos governor side as a way to ensure Igbo vote in whatever election he might have in the near future but the average nigerian man isn't a common man.  The ignorance is immerse thus will blind some people into thinking the move is rather a hype for ojukwu instead of what it is suppose to be. na wa o!!!, no wonder Nigeria lacks behind in many things
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by OneNaira6: 6:05pm On Jan 30, 2012
Valon4ego:

No mind am. They play the innocent victim thing so well I dare say.
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by OneNaira6: 6:11pm On Jan 30, 2012
lucenzo:

Sincerely, I'm dissapointed with the moderators of this section. You guys encourage bigotry in it's highest form. If i posted an artcle on the sarduana or awolowo it would be deleted. But anything against Igbos goes to the front page.  SHAME ON THE MODS. The President has been insulted on this forum and you encourage it directly on indirectly, but when someone's parents are insulted, you ban the person. Is the President not someone's father.SHAME ON THE MODS.[/color][/color][/color]

Na today you see am. Welcome to NL
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by RealMccoy1(m): 6:24pm On Jan 30, 2012
From a topic of such, a blind man could tell that Africans are lazy and very envious of others. Very classless individuals ,sometimes I wonder if people that post bigot thread on NL are 2years old. He,Ojukwu has made his own contribution to uplift the greatness of his people,what have you done for yours? Same vultures that helped the Brit and Fulani military men slaughter innocent lives  are here displaying their ignorance. The day I will see your tribes men pick up arms to defend themselves, I will remove their name from the coward dictionary. Pretenders,always playing dead when the chips are down . Same idiots that will play dead when they hear the sound of bomb blast 250miles away are online beating their chest.
Re: Ojukwu Burial, Is It Worth The Hype? by slimghost(m): 6:39pm On Jan 30, 2012
Real Mccoy:

From a topic of such, a blind man could tell that Africans are lazy and very envious of others. Very classless individuals ,sometimes I wonder if people that post bigot thread on NL are 2years old. He,Ojukwu has made his own contribution to uplift the greatness of his people,what have you done for yours? Same vultures that helped the Brit and Fulani military men slaughter innocent lives  are here displaying their ignorance. The day I will see your tribes men pick up arms to defend themselves, I will remove their name from the coward dictionary. Pretenders,always playing dead when the chips are down . Same idiots that will play dead when they hear the sound of bomb blast 250miles away are online beating their chest.

Stop wasting ur time y brother, we know them too well. BUNCH OF E-WARRIORS! bloody cowards

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top Ten Most Corrupt States In Nigeria: 2011/2014 Ranking / 2019: Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha Set To Decamp To APC (pics) / North Food Blockage To SW: Reno Has This To Say Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.