Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

Christians Boycott Churches In Kano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Christians Boycott Churches In Kano (8400 Views)

Pictures Of The Burnt Churches In Jos / Boko-Haram Has Destroyed 50 Catholic Churches In Borno / Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians Boycott Churches In Kano by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jan 30, 2012
Churches in Kano, Northwest Nigeria today witnessed a very low turn out of worshippers who, in apparent fear of possible attack by the Boko Haram sect, chose to remain at home.

One of the worshippers at Our Lady of Fatima Catholic church, Rose Iroabuchi told P.M.NEWS that though, she was in church, “I am still very much afraid because this people are very dangerous and could do anything at anytime.

“If you think about of all that has been happening, you will agree with me that there is serious cause for concern. As you can see, many people have travelled and many decided to avoid coming to church. The parishioners are apprehensive and the church is empty.”

P.M.NEWS also observed heavy security presence in major churches within the Kano city.

Soldiers, mobile policemen and some other security agents were seen at the church entrances searching and checking people going into the church premises.

Car owners were also advised to park hundreds of metres away from the church premises, while movement of people was strictly monitored.

P.M.NEWS also reports that inter state transporters plying the southern part of the country have continued to enjoy huge patronage as non-natives in the city of Kano are still fleeing from the city ravaged by Boko Haram terrorists.

Most families who are leaving with their household items load them in lorries, while they board luxury buses.

Economic activities in the commercial city has continued to dwindle coupled with the refusal of banks to commence operation since the coordinated bomb attacks on the city on Friday, 20 January 2012.

P.M.NEWS also observed that policemen and traffic wardens have abandoned the roundabouts where they controlled traffic, while the Hisbah Guards and Almajiris have taken over the traffic control job.

At the time of filing this report, there has not been any news of attack in Kano today, though residents still live in fear.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/01/29/boko-haram-christians-boycott-churches/
Re: Christians Boycott Churches In Kano by Acidosis(m): 2:44pm On Jan 30, 2012
frosbel:

Churches in Kano, Northwest Nigeria today witnessed a very low turn out of worshippers who, in apparent fear of possible attack by the Boko Haram sect, chose to remain at home.

One of the worshippers at Our Lady of Fatima Catholic church, Rose Iroabuchi told P.M.NEWS that though, she was in church, “I am still very much afraid because this people are very dangerous and could do anything at anytime.

“If you think about of all that has been happening, you will agree with me that there is serious cause for concern. As you can see, many people have travelled and many decided to avoid coming to church. The parishioners are apprehensive and the church is empty.”
P.M.NEWS also observed heavy security presence in major churches within the Kano city.

Soldiers, mobile policemen and some other security agents were seen at the church entrances searching and checking people going into the church premises.
Car owners were also advised to park hundreds of metres away from the church premises, while movement of people was strictly monitored.

P.M.NEWS also reports that inter state transporters plying the southern part of the country have continued to enjoy huge patronage as non-natives in the city of Kano are still fleeing from the city ravaged by Boko Haram terrorists.

Most families who are leaving with their household items load them in lorries, while they board luxury buses.
Economic activities in the commercial city has continued to dwindle coupled with the refusal of banks to commence operation since the coordinated bomb attacks on the city on Friday, 20 January 2012.

P.M.NEWS also observed that policemen and traffic wardens have abandoned the roundabouts where they controlled traffic, while the Hisbah Guards and Almajiris have taken over the traffic control job.

At the time of filing this report, there has not been any news of attack in Kano today, though residents still live in fear.

bu hahahahahahahahaha
Re: Christians Boycott Churches In Kano by ochukoccna: 2:48pm On Jan 30, 2012
So sad cry cry cry cry cry cry
9ja is now becoming Afghanistan.
Re: Christians Boycott Churches In Kano by ibukunobi: 2:48pm On Jan 30, 2012
At least this could render some pastors jobless this troublesome winter periods like this. Apostle paul was a tent maker during his own time he never depended on what comes out from the congregations. I wonder what those parasites will be doing during this period, anyway they could organize some shepherding visits and prayer.
Re: Christians Boycott Churches In Kano by Princek12(m): 2:49pm On Jan 30, 2012
Acidosis:

bu hahahahahahahahaha
what is funny?
Re: Christians Boycott Churches In Kano by executinal(m): 2:56pm On Jan 30, 2012
frosbel:

One of the worshippers at Our Lady of Fatima Catholic church, [size=20pt]Rose Iroabuchi [/size]told P.M.NEWS that though, she was in church, “I am still very much afraid because this people are very dangerous and could do anything at anytime.

P.M.NEWS also observed that policemen and traffic wardens have abandoned the roundabouts where they controlled traffic, while the Hisbah Guards and [size=20pt]Almajiris have taken over the traffic control job[/size].

Rose what the hell are you still doing in that alqaeda base?? Almajiri incharge of traffic control grin grin grin grin grin grin, employment for northern almajiri grin grin
Re: Christians Boycott Churches In Kano by Nyntynplus: 2:56pm On Jan 30, 2012
So is now better to die @ home than to die @ church.
Re: Christians Boycott Churches In Kano by tonyx4x44(m): 2:57pm On Jan 30, 2012
@prince k he is a member of boko haram that's what funny
Re: Christians Boycott Churches In Kano by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 30, 2012
Adamu Ciroma and Co. should be happy now angry

Revenge is sweeter
Re: Christians Boycott Churches In Kano by baslone: 3:00pm On Jan 30, 2012
How are they going to raise funds for Daddy G.O's coming birthday? shocked

Time is not on our side o
Re: Christians Boycott Churches In Kano by Acidosis(m): 3:02pm On Jan 30, 2012
Princek12:

what is funny?

almajiris occupying your streets.

#Occupy Kano

buhahahahahahaha
Re: Christians Boycott Churches In Kano by Ggee(m): 3:05pm On Jan 30, 2012
ibukun obi:

At least this could render some pastors jobless this troublesome winter periods like this. Apostle paul was a tent maker during his own time he never depended on what comes out from the congregations. I wonder what those parasites will be doing during this period, anyway they could organize some shepherding visits and prayer.

What qualifies you to call people parasites? Moreover, you should realise that some pastors do work too.
Re: Christians Boycott Churches In Kano by ignis: 3:08pm On Jan 30, 2012
Na wa oh
Re: Christians Boycott Churches In Kano by Acidosis(m): 3:09pm On Jan 30, 2012
tonyx4x44:

@prince k he is a member of boko haram that's what funny

No I'm not, I am a christian, I dont slaughter people, atleast when they've not trespass.
D funny thing is, you peopleprefer almajiris directing you on major roads than the well-trained government workers.

let me ask you, do you know what an almajiri look like? ?
Re: Christians Boycott Churches In Kano by oderemo(m): 3:10pm On Jan 30, 2012
i tot one shld not be afraid to practice one religion even under serious persecution.
Re: Christians Boycott Churches In Kano by uddukes: 3:10pm On Jan 30, 2012
The beginning of the end of northern economy.the last major exodus of southern investors happened after Yerima introduced his political sharia and this led to massive increase in unemployment and poverty in the estwhile bubbling economic centres of Kaduna,Kano, maiduguri etc.With this second introduction of violent sharia by boko islamic jihadist and its attendant exodus,total collapse is inevitable.so sad for arewa cry
Re: Christians Boycott Churches In Kano by stagger: 3:13pm On Jan 30, 2012
All Southerners should leave these states let us see how Boko haram will feed their economy.
Re: Christians Boycott Churches In Kano by Acidosis(m): 3:16pm On Jan 30, 2012
ode remo:

i tot one shld not be afraid to practice one religion even under serious persecution.

who told you they are no longer practising their religion?
They only left the building, atleast for now.
Re: Christians Boycott Churches In Kano by Baawaa(m): 3:18pm On Jan 30, 2012
They should keep on praying,Boko Haram will soon fade off
Re: Christians Boycott Churches In Kano by born2boink(m): 3:18pm On Jan 30, 2012
i have always been wondered why can't God fight for we Christian since Bible said we should not pay violence with violence, as I am christian I believe in fighting back those boko haram
Re: Christians Boycott Churches In Kano by deathmen12: 3:25pm On Jan 30, 2012
[img]http://[img]http://[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, am Tired HOW CAN DIS ANIMALS TREATING THE HOUSE OF GOD[/font][/font][/font][/font][/img][/img]
Re: Christians Boycott Churches In Kano by uddukes: 3:27pm On Jan 30, 2012
i have always been wondered why can't God fight for we Christian since Bible said we should not pay violence with violence, as I am christian I believe in fighting back those boko haram

God is not a man.He will destroy boko haram using boko haram,just watch and see the glory of our God
Re: Christians Boycott Churches In Kano by elampiro(m): 3:32pm On Jan 30, 2012
'Do not fear those who can kill the body but cannot kill the soul, rather fear Him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.' Jesus Christ in the gospel.
Re: Christians Boycott Churches In Kano by obowunmi(m): 3:34pm On Jan 30, 2012
I feel bad for Northerners. They are already illiterate now they won't have any jobs or businesses--- Stupid Boko Horam. They have no sense at all. The Economic alienation caused by Boko Horam will cause more young boys to join the mad Boko Boys!
Re: Christians Boycott Churches In Kano by Acidosis(m): 3:39pm On Jan 30, 2012
elampiro:

'Do not fear those who can kill the body but cannot kill the soul, rather fear Him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.' Jesus Christ in the gospel.

God bless you brother
Re: Christians Boycott Churches In Kano by PointB: 3:45pm On Jan 30, 2012
Advantage south! The net population loss in Kano (north) is net population gain for south. Put to good use, these migrant population can become a blessing to wherever the choose to settle! I hope my brethren make the right choice this time around! Alaigbo is far more developed than many zones in Nigeria. Only those who have not traveled to east in the past 5 years think otherwise.

Welcome home to those who return, and God's guidance and protection to those who choose to tough it out! Whichever way, you made the right choice!
Re: Christians Boycott Churches In Kano by OneNaira6: 3:58pm On Jan 30, 2012
frosbel:

One of the worshippers at Our Lady of Fatima Catholic church, [size=15pt]Rose Iroabuchi[/size] told P.M.NEWS that though, she was in church, “I am still very much afraid because this people are very dangerous and could do anything at anytime.

she must be one of those Ministers stationed outside by whatever church she's a member of. You better find a way to leave Rose, even if your church stationed you there, your life is worth more. People are leaving in droves, join am.
Re: Christians Boycott Churches In Kano by Lagoseko(m): 4:02pm On Jan 30, 2012
Kano will soon become like Maiduguri. But what about the properties owned be southerners in North? What happens to them if Nigeria finally breaks up as we hope.
Re: Christians Boycott Churches In Kano by PointB: 4:11pm On Jan 30, 2012
Maiduguri, bauchi, Kano all fallen to sharia forces! Sokoto, the seat of the caliphate is next on the radar! Vulnerable southerners and middle belters, don't be caught unawares! Start making plans!

North is going to the dogs!
Re: Christians Boycott Churches In Kano by velo10: 4:18pm On Jan 30, 2012
Living in fear. May God protect those Christians out there, who still go to church in a time of insecurity
Re: Christians Boycott Churches In Kano by Rich4god(m): 4:27pm On Jan 30, 2012
Its just a matter of time before the average kano indigene begin to feel the economic impact boko haram is causing to kano. Starting from the foodstuff sellers in major market to those who push truck, to the okada riders, the mai ruwas and co, esp those in s/gari. Am in kano right now, n am rily seeing how deserted and less busy the city is, unlike before.
Re: Christians Boycott Churches In Kano by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jan 30, 2012
Rich4god:

Its just a matter of time before the average kano indigene begin to feel the economic impact boko haram is causing to kano. Starting from the foodstuff sellers in major market to those who push truck, to the okada riders, the mai ruwas and co, esp those in s/gari. Am in kano right now, n am rily seeing how deserted and less busy the city is, unlike before.

Please keep yourself safe at all times !!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uduaghan Donates N6m To 19-yr-old With Kidney Problem / Wike Kick-start the construction of Elelenwo-akpajo-eleme Road. pics / Aroms Aigbehi's Incompetency Award To Kate Owoko, Bayelsa Lawmaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.