Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,413 members, 7,781,195 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:27 AM

>> Help - Designing Website Header - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / >> Help - Designing Website Header (1755 Views)

(Contact Me) I Design Blog/website Header Images, Banners & Post Images / With A Degree In Graphic Designing/website Designing Can You Get A Job In Naija? / Designing Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

>> Help - Designing Website Header by 3RNEST(m): 7:54pm On Jan 30, 2012
Hi folkz,

>> i'm workinq on my first website project this year and i need some assistance in designinq
the website header, "take a look at the header below, i just want it to be similar with this header.

But i'm confuse, how can i design such an header with similar effect.

Pls NL webmaster help your fellow brother is doing this project.

Thanks.

Re: >> Help - Designing Website Header by yawatide(f): 9:25pm On Jan 30, 2012
Based on attachment, the header is 83KB, more or less. Considering you are in Nigeria, I would think about optimizing it more: reduce the height in half for one. That alone will save you some KBs. You will still convey the same message. Use text to describe the school (or whatever it is). That should do it.

Good luck!
Re: >> Help - Designing Website Header by hostsleek(m): 9:36pm On Jan 30, 2012
@3RNEST
all said by yawa-ti-de. I will say u should use the image below your website header as it will look cool there. If you have more pictures of the school try using Jquery to create a slide or fading images.
Re: >> Help - Designing Website Header by Koolwilly(m): 9:47pm On Jan 30, 2012
Passing By
Re: >> Help - Designing Website Header by 3RNEST(m): 1:47pm On Feb 04, 2012
>>thanks to all that respond, but my problem here is how can i create such fading image, similar to the header posted.
Re: >> Help - Designing Website Header by joomlaman(m): 3:26pm On Feb 04, 2012
3RNEST:

>>thanks to all that respond, but my problem here is how can i create such fading image, similar to the header posted.

^^^^Right from the first reply I knew that the OP question was not been answered properly!

@3RNEST, you can easily do this fading header effect in any grapgic/image editing software such as Corel Draw, PhotoShop, GIMP etc. Generally, this kind of effect is called "FadeOut effect" of "FadeIn effect".

On a personal note, I love OPEN SOURCE software (I don't like buying software) so I use GIMP that can be downloaded free at: http://www.gimp.org/downloads to do such effect.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: >> Help - Designing Website Header by bros12345: 3:30pm On Feb 04, 2012
Post the images you want to use for it and I will help you with it and post the result here
Re: >> Help - Designing Website Header by Nobody: 4:03pm On Feb 04, 2012
I love that header - the header can be used - but with "progressive jpeg" - to assist the loading (but it will not spare the bandwidth).
Well, i might be tempted to do that if i were the poster. But why not try to trim down the quality slightly mayhaps you can get a smaller header size.
Re: >> Help - Designing Website Header by isignet: 4:16pm On Feb 04, 2012
pls i need jrpassphrase pro for online registration with registration with generated pin.do u av the extension
Re: >> Help - Designing Website Header by yawatide(f): 12:21pm On Feb 05, 2012
^^^^Right from the first reply I knew that the OP question was not been answered properly!

Then why didn't you speak up from the get go and save others the time?  I guess you are the type who likes to see others hang themselves then go back and get the rope. . .and leave it for others to hang themselves as well thus hopefully leaving you alone at the top  tongue

In my books, tis better to have tried and failed than not to try at all.
Re: >> Help - Designing Website Header by Nobody: 12:23pm On Feb 05, 2012
^^^very true
Re: >> Help - Designing Website Header by joomlaman(m): 3:09pm On Feb 05, 2012
U are entitled to ur opinion. Allow mine to count pls!
Re: >> Help - Designing Website Header by sisqology(m): 7:31am On Feb 06, 2012
^^^ eeeew, una dey fyt ni? Abah now, Take it easy!

*smh and walks away*
Re: >> Help - Designing Website Header by Nobody: 7:34am On Feb 06, 2012
Pro WAR: [size=16pt]yawa-ti-de Vs joomlaman[/size] in the Web Header Opinion Battle. Tickets are on me.
Re: >> Help - Designing Website Header by sisqology(m): 9:03am On Feb 06, 2012
*dancing on my refridgerator*
Re: >> Help - Designing Website Header by yawatide(f): 11:29am On Feb 06, 2012
No fight from me. Those childish days are over. Girlz don dey grow gray hair. I was merely asking a common sense question and of course, the typical naija mentality "oh so you are challenging me?" mentality creeps in. Next thing, I will be accused of "may I see your works?"

So predictable.
Re: >> Help - Designing Website Header by sisqology(m): 3:50pm On Feb 06, 2012
Omg!!!! Yawa, u r dullin me jar
e
Re: >> Help - Designing Website Header by yawatide(f): 5:54pm On Feb 06, 2012
sisqo, mba o!

In fact, I be d pencil and you b my "shah-pun-ah" tongue
Re: >> Help - Designing Website Header by sisqology(m): 7:19pm On Feb 06, 2012
Yawatide is a pencil;
Sisqology is a sharp unah;
 am in love;
My name is sisqology;
 love yawatide;
If( yawatide is a pencil)
{
Then (" am her sharp unah"wink;
}
Re: >> Help - Designing Website Header by doncigalo: 9:46pm On Feb 06, 2012
@3RNEST

Ait, you can accomplish this effect, linear gradient, using Adobe Fireworks. I tend to use Fireworks for graphic designs especially in creating web graphics cuz its quite easy to use . U can get a 30 day trial version from adobe's website or u can try downloading or buying the cracked version (CS5 is hard to crack,  u can go for Fireworks CS4 or CS3 versions)

Outline of steps for applying linear effects >>

1. Place a rectangle, same dimensions as the image, over the image

2. Set white as the color of the rectangle.

3. Apply a linear gradient effect to the rectangle,a linear gradient effect normally uses 2 or more colors depending on wot u want, however for dis particular effect I used only one color (white).

4. Reduce the opacity of the rectangle by 8-10 percent so that the image which is behind the rectangle shows.

Thats about it !!

Re: >> Help - Designing Website Header by 3RNEST(m): 5:11pm On Feb 07, 2012

(1) (Reply)

Beyonce Launches Her Own Blog: “the Beyhive” / Star Quest Official Website / Pls How Do I Use Wamp Server To View Joomla Templates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.